Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

there wolf lmao posted:

Tempest and the skills in its tree are probably my favorite skills in the whole game. Tempest is a finishing move starter- you can break their guard, tempest, then wail on them with power attacks like iai then execute them. Sooo flashy. Being able to tempest immediately out of a perfect block is amazing.

How do you perform the Tempest move? It's not clear to me in the skill tree or video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Thumbtacks posted:

My Japan history (almost called it Japan lore) is a bit sparse. Is William based on a real guy?

Loosely, yes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

bewilderment posted:

Also I'm still not entirely clear on how I get samurai points and ninja points? Other than hair, just by upping familiarity with weapons?

Leveling up and putting points into stats earns you more skill points too, e.g. Dex gets you ninja skill points.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

Do revenants drop perfect clones of the player's equipment or is it scaled? Basically what I'm wondering is if all these 150-250 dorks who died in their Warrior of the West and Tatenashi haven't been plussing their gear or if the game is just a dick about it and scaling them down to +0 when they drop.

I believe the pluses get stripped down to +0 on revenant gear drops.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Neurosis posted:

am i missing something else that's really great in the sword tree i'm not doing? all the other skills feel kinda underwhelming damage wise

The iai/quickdraw attacks do some pretty massive damage.