Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Meinberg posted:

I'm not going to role claim!

I'm not sure if I believe anyone who has yet, so I choose to be cautious. I'm also at auditions right now, so I can't actually case anyone at the moment. But when I get home!!!

Looking forward to this case!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Just In case I miss a lynch while at work someone elect a designated Jimson pointer and point me in the right direction of who to vig.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

kill rurea for going ape over the miller nightvig claim but not the DOCTOR claim

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

GulagDolls posted:

kill rurea for going ape over the miller nightvig claim but not the DOCTOR claim

OMG HES THE DOCTOR?!

##VOTE IMGAY

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't understand why you would vote for the doctor.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Lmao rurea lookin P scum here.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
##vote Rurea

Going to kill the gibbis hater.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

##vote Rurea

Going to kill the gibbis hater.

Its getting old

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Please vote jimson

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Rurea posted:

Please vote jimson

Why

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

From earlier

quote:

Jimson posted:

So I have a Charge Blade.
Each night I can use 2 forge to ##Switch. When I ##Switch I become a Night Vig miller. So I investigate as scum, but I get to kill one player that night. Then 2 nights later I go back to being "regular" town again. So more or less point me at a target and I can slaughter em, but I need to use 2 forge to get it, and I need to put myself at risk of bad investigate/being night killed now that I claimed.

There is nothing I like about this post.

"Guys I got this cool ability. It's heaps town."
"Oh you're a doctor? I totally believe that."
"Did I mention how town my weapon is yet?"
"I'll full claim if you promise to protect me"
"Cool I'm protected now. Here's my full claim for no reason"

0 reason to post it during joke phase and seems super forced.

Reads very much like a fake claim.

Jimson or Imgay are good candidates for lynch today.

Jimson for a ridiculous claim.
Imgay for claiming doctor D1.

Both are just stupidly unhelpful moves for town.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also if we're going to get meta a bit..

Jimson says he's a "Night Vig miller"
Doesn't capitalise the M.

Adding a miller claim on seems like a crappy late addition in case someone investigates him tonight.
"Yeah I'm only scum for 2 nights, but then I'm town when I reforge and I'll be scum again when I shoot it. I'm def town tho."

If I'm full claiming my role like that I'd capitalise my entire role.
A bit meta.. but yeah.. I don't like it.

Honestly I don't like either of them.

##vote Jimson

Better him than a claimed Doc I suppose
:ughh:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Best of luck with that :tipshat:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Rurea posted:

Its getting old

Mylp

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Like I said, give me a target and I will kill em. That's the end all be all this will continue every night I am able. I think doubting my claim is dumb because we literally know nothing, other than what I have claimed. Imgay claimed first while a part of me is hesitant about his claim. We all have to rmb that imgay doesn't do poo poo for mafia gameplay, he does it because he finds it hillarious. Also, he's gay.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Infinitum posted:

Also if we're going to get meta a bit..

Jimson says he's a "Night Vig miller"
Doesn't capitalise the M.

Adding a miller claim on seems like a crappy late addition in case someone investigates him tonight.
"Yeah I'm only scum for 2 nights, but then I'm town when I reforge and I'll be scum again when I shoot it. I'm def town tho."

If I'm full claiming my role like that I'd capitalise my entire role.
A bit meta.. but yeah.. I don't like it.

Honestly I don't like either of them.

##vote Jimson

Better him than a claimed Doc I suppose
:ughh:

Infinitum's case relies on Jimson using proper capitalization.

##vote Infinitum

Case closed gentlemen, see you all tomorrow.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Scroll up a bit and you'll see my actual post.

Didn't I call you out as scum for doing this exact same non-reading poo poo last time Meinberg?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The meta vote on Jimson is real sketchy especially when capitalization of certain aspects is a factor. Not saying I like the Jimson claim all that much because that role seems ridiculous.

This just seems like a scummy case.

##vote Infinitum

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Jimson posted:

Like I said, give me a target and I will kill em. That's the end all be all this will continue every night I am able. I think doubting my claim is dumb because we literally know nothing, other than what I have claimed. Imgay claimed first while a part of me is hesitant about his claim. We all have to rmb that imgay doesn't do poo poo for mafia gameplay, he does it because he finds it hillarious. Also, he's gay.

Kill rurea and i will send you a box of cookies.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

I will Rurea Tonight. We just gotta make it to night.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Also ##vote Infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

The meta vote on Jimson is real sketchy especially when capitalization of certain aspects is a factor. Not saying I like the Jimson claim all that much because that role seems ridiculous.

This just seems like a scummy case.

##vote Infinitum

It's not a meta vote tho..

I voted him earlier with my actual reasoning
Then I switched to Imgay.
Then I switched back.

I don't like either of them.

imgay posted:

##vote infinitum

Meinberg posted:

Infinitum's case relies on Jimson using proper capitalization.

##vote Infinitum

Case closed gentlemen, see you all tomorrow.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote Infinitum

Jimson posted:

Also ##vote Infinitum

At least one or more of these people are scum. Remember this.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

infinitum is town. unvote him or face a vicious serial kill

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Lmfao you're the only one here trying to make solid scum claims based on our role claims. What reason would a scum player have to lie about being a doctor, one of the easiest roles to counter claim? He even had the flavor right, which while he may have gotten that just from knowing the games, still gives him some kind of edge up on everyone else. What reason would a scum player have to lie about a REALLY convoluted role that involves me becoming a miller to make a kill???

Like poo poo, that's the whole jam of the Charge Blade, Unleash huge power then leave yourself vulnerable and wreck face.

To make a REALLY meta read, Kashuno LITERALLY had a game where town won because of a CYOA schtick he was running.

I feel like all of your arguments infinitum, are based on one "Read" you had and your sticking to your guns because it's the "town thing to do" and it comes off scummy as gently caress, and if you're town? I don't really wanna have you on our side if your whole schtick is gonna be making a scum read and then being a stubborn Bullfango about it.

Also, as an aside, I re-read my role text, the 2 turns I am listed as a miller are the turn I make the killer, and the turn after. So poo poo, let me kill Rurea investigate me I'll flip scum, Wait another day, and then investigate me and I'll flip town. Like what's the point even if we go "2 days" with a "scum" player left alive we'll still make good time​ usually the first few day lynches are town anyway, so why not have a CONFIRMED town player make some kills for us, and then leave if I mess up, or I don't kill the player who I was told to kill you can all feel comfortable lynching what you perceive to be confirmed scum.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
serial chill

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

Lmfao there is literally NO WAY you would know he's town. So why are we not voting gulagdolls now instead of infinitum? (Or me, or Imgay)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

This guy gets it.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Jimson posted:

Lmfao there is literally NO WAY you would know he's town. So why are we not voting gulagdolls now instead of infinitum? (Or me, or Imgay)

I read his posts using my eyes

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Jimson posted:

I will Rurea Tonight. We just gotta make it to night.

I will hold you o this.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

I read his posts using my eyes

Then tell me why we are not killing a serial killer then?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Jimson posted:

Then tell me why we are not killing a serial killer then?

The odds are much higher you will kill a town player than a scum player, so why the hell should we keep you around if your role is real?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gulagdolls always claims serial killer.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Gulagdolls always claims serial killer.

HOLY poo poo ANOTHER META READ FROM INFINITUM!!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Keep digging that hole mate.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Keep digging that hole mate.

When night falls and I kill my target, you'll look like an idiot.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimson posted:

When night falls and I kill my target, you'll look like an idiot.

When night falls and there's only 1 night kill because you loving claimed early everyones going to be on you.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Infinitum posted:

When night falls and there's only 1 night kill because you loving claimed early everyones going to be on you.

Is this you saying your gonna role block me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like you could have done this tomorrow when everyone is going

"WUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 2 NIGHT KILLS WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLL"

But no. You claimed D1 like an idiot and it looks fake and forced as hell.

• Locked thread