Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

flerp posted:

the real monster is anime

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Kashuno posted:

probably not ya

:(

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Mayor Glowku posted:

Buy the new one. It's going to be so
so
so
so
so
so
so
so
good.

It's the largest game with almost 70 monsters compared to MHFU which had ...55? 56? I can't remember. But I put over a thousand hours into one character.

Is there one for PC?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Way ahead of you on that I've already been out hunting the rabbit thing.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

I got a gigantic sword.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

So did I successfully kill the monster?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

I've got this greatsword who should I hit with it?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Rurea posted:

Me I dare you

:black101: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

##vote Rurea

Going to kill the gibbis hater.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Rurea posted:

Its getting old

Mylp

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Jimson posted:

Like I said, give me a target and I will kill em. That's the end all be all this will continue every night I am able. I think doubting my claim is dumb because we literally know nothing, other than what I have claimed. Imgay claimed first while a part of me is hesitant about his claim. We all have to rmb that imgay doesn't do poo poo for mafia gameplay, he does it because he finds it hillarious. Also, he's gay.

Kill rurea and i will send you a box of cookies.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Jimson posted:

I will Rurea Tonight. We just gotta make it to night.

I will hold you o this.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Voting for a claimed doc without any counter claims is scummy as gently caress.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Will only vote jimson if he does not follow through with what he said would happen this evening.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

oh just caught up, I'm fine with dying tbh, if imgay and jimson are both town then I'm fine with my team losing

I'm a tracker, my flavor is that I have a lance and I can do an aggressive charge with it to follow people around and see where they go at night.

obviously there can be scum trackers, but I am a town tracker.

Will not vote our tracker gently caress off with the turbo people.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Jimson posted:

Can we stop voting BK for a minute to discuss what the hell this post is?

Its a hint that there might be a masonry and that rurea should still be killed this evening.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Absurd Revolver posted:

No, I just don't think we should kill town, which I believe rurea is. I'm saying I'll block the attempt.

That makes this easy then.

##vote Absurd Revolver

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Azuth0667 posted:

That makes this easy then.

##vote Absurd Revolver

Or wait the direct approach.

##vote Rurea

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

:downsa:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Even the gambits are making gambits.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

:goatsecx:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

When do we find out if we killed the monster?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

I never played any of the MH games so I don't get how any of that is supposed to work.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

The correct vote is for Rurea.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

If we really want a lynch I will hammer but, I ain't switching.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Remember what you agreed to Jimson.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Kash your box is full we cant send any pms.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

:coffee: good morning.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Heading to bed. It's 1:30am in Aussieland, and it's Mothers Day.

Town, I suggest you have a look at people who jumped on the meta vote being stupid trying to downplay it. Here's the my post from earlier calling people out on it

It's not a meta vote tho..

I voted him earlier with my actual reasoning
Then I switched to Imgay.
Then I switched back.

I don't like either of them.

At least one or more of these people are scum. Remember this.
[/quote]

It is Mother's Day and I don't have a lot time to think about it. You've done a lot of thinking so I'll go with this.

##vote Anomalous Amalgam

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Mayor Glowku posted:

I don't think the case is solved, but death to all lurkers. Gibbis will make mafia great again

That we will :smugdon:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote GulagDolls

I think Gulag is scum. Their play is usually weird and kind of brief so that's nothing new, but their suspicions are strange. Rurea, BK, Jimson, Meinberg and Myself with little in the way of explanation. Voted everyone on that list but Flerp, but took the time to link their post history with a wow remark and nothing else.

Metagaming is really dumb.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Also Gulag's case on me is purely meta.

Your face is meta :smugdon:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Yep once the holiday is over.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Kashuno posted:

The hunters begin to arrive at the guild desk in the morning for the next day's hunt. As they approach, they see a felyne talking to the desk attendant.

"Oh my! And what happened to so many hunters?!"

The Felyne shakes his head. "I saw some craziness last night!

Bottleknight, Town Aligned Lance Wielding Tracker died last night!
Absurd Revolver, Town Aligned Sword and Shield Wielding Vengeful Bodyguard died last night!
Jimson, Scum Aligned Charge Blade Wielding Godfather/Juggernaut died last night!

WOW~ that is a serious bummer!! O H W E L L we got more monsters to hunt today you people that managed to not die!

TODAY'S

HUNT

IS

FEAST YOUR EYES ON THE MIZUTSUNE! it's a RANK 3 STAR hunt today!

And remember, if you forged last night, your weapon is now stronger and can hunt better!

Infinitum posted:

Looking at you post history Azuth... are you going to actually contribute to the game at some point?

Okay now stop being a whinging you gently caress.

We had 3 deaths of which I'm going to assume were 2 nightkills.

Nightkill 1: Someone killed BK for ~reasons~. I have no idea why the guy wanted to vote a claimed doctor that no one counter claimed. This could have been a town vigilante.
Nightkill 2: Rurea because Jimson was keeping his word. This one however went horribly awry because Absurd Revolver protected Rurea and the vengeful trigger killed Jimson.

This suggests that Rurea is probably town because I don't think Jimson would have been so agreeable about killing Rurea if they were on the same team. I'm sure you could argue that they were playing nth-dimensional chess and Rurea is really a scum but, none of us here are smart enough to pull that off.

Infinitum posted:

Voting for a dumbass doctor however...

You made the perfect excuse for a bandwagon since trying to get a doctor, yes even a dumb one, is very anti-town and I think much of the scum team took this bait.

First bandwagon on BK, :rip:, for the same poo poo:

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

BottleKnight (6): King Burgundy, Look Under The Rock, GulagDolls, Absurd Revolver, tpink, Mayor Glowku
Infinitum (2): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, imgay, imgay, imgay, Meinberg, Anomalous Amalgam, Jimson, Anomalous Amalgam, Jimson
imgay (1): Rurea, King Burgundy, Rurea, BottleKnight, King Burgundy, Infinitum, Rurea, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Rurea
Rurea (1): Mayor Glowku, GulagDolls, Absurd Revolver, Azuth0667, GulagDolls, Absurd Revolver, Mayor Glowku
Jimson (1): Infinitum, Rurea, Infinitum, Rurea, Infinitum
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Jimson, flerp, Jimson
Mayor Glowku (1): Jimson
flerp (0): Infinitum, Infinitum

Not Voting (3): Anomalous Amalgam, iajanus, Rurea

Second bandwagon starting up on you for the same thing:

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Infinitum (4): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, imgay, imgay, imgay, Meinberg, Anomalous Amalgam, Jimson, Anomalous Amalgam, Jimson, King Burgundy, Anomalous Amalgam
BottleKnight (3): King Burgundy, Look Under The Rock, GulagDolls, Absurd Revolver, tpink, Mayor Glowku, flerp, Jimson, King Burgundy, Jimson, flerp, Mayor Glowku, Absurd Revolver
Rurea (2): Mayor Glowku, GulagDolls, Absurd Revolver, Azuth0667, GulagDolls, Absurd Revolver, Mayor Glowku, Azuth0667, Azuth0667, Absurd Revolver
Absurd Revolver (2): Jimson, Azuth0667, Azuth0667, Mayor Glowku
Look Under The Rock (1): BottleKnight
Jimson (1): Infinitum, Rurea, Infinitum, Rurea, Infinitum
imgay (0): Rurea, King Burgundy, Rurea, BottleKnight, King Burgundy, Infinitum, Rurea, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Rurea, BottleKnight
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Jimson, flerp, Jimson, flerp
Mayor Glowku (0): Jimson, Jimson
flerp (0): Infinitum, Infinitum

Not Voting (3): flerp, iajanus, Rurea

Of the lovely votes that stayed on one of you we have these people in common:
King Burgundy - Votes imgay after his claim then suggests that infinitum is scum for doing the same thing. He later walks this back but, it still happened.
Look Under The Rock:

Look Under The Rock posted:

Oh that explains it

Yeah actually you know what, I'm not gonna bother defending myself against y'all at the moment, infinitum's vote was the worst of the bunch, I explained why I thought that and was ignored. The way you guys are playing is actively sucking the fun out of mafia so sure, dunk me, I have no interest in playing with scrubs.

When I flip town, go back and look at how hard glowku came down on me for calling out infinitum's bullshit "make a case" thing

This defense is basically "lol n00bz." Which translates to "I'm scum and not going to defend myself hahah :smugdon:." Perfectly okay with getting this guy because he's lurking too.

Gulagdolls - Makes no cases but, apologizes to Jimson for voting him. Potentially scum? There isn't really much evidence however they did claim serial killer.

tpink - Joined the bandwagon on BK but, contributed nothing else. Would be okay with this guy getting the lynch.

Meinberg - Really dumb reason to vote infinitum at the start. And posted literally nothing else. Would be okay with this guy getting the lynch.

Mayor Glowku - Made the claim with the insect glaive but, then who killed Absurd Revolver and why? Suggests that a doctor was healing Jimson and swapped it to Meinberg. So we either have a scum/dumb doctor or the hero of Earth told a fib.

After all that going to throw my lot in to get rid of the shittiest lurker:

##vote Look Under The Rock

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Look Under The Rock posted:

I'm not usually this lurky, I do apologize for that. I keep forgetting I even reinstalled Awful.

You need to do more than that for the "lol n00bz" defense. Really why the gently caress did you think that was a good idea?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Yeah we're at half a day still so let the lurker try to say something.

##unvote

You have until I get back from work to convince us that you aren't worth killing and actually have some value to the town.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Azuth0667 posted:

Yeah we're at half a day still so let the lurker try to say something.

##unvote

You have until I get back from work to convince us that you aren't worth killing and actually have some value to the town.

Also provide us something funny because holy poo poo the "lol n00bz" defense is really dumb.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

:siren: PAGING DR. IMGAY TO THE THREAD STAT :siren:
:siren: PAGING DR. IMGAY TO THE THREAD STAT :siren:

Who did you treat last night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Mayor Glowku posted:

That post is how I crafted the theory I currently have

You are correct I am sorry for doubting the hero of Earth.

• Locked thread