Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Monster Hunting is a tradition in the world. Powerful and skilled hunters test their wits and skills against each other and nature as they forge greater tools to take down bigger beasts. However, there is a skilled band of hunters that have taken it upon themselves to hunt the best hunters, as a way to test their skill. The Guild is not happy with this, and has sent hunters to try and find these killers and bring them to justice.

Welcome to Monster Hunter Mafia! This is 16 player role madness game, with a day mechanic. All standard mafia rules apply. Days will be somewhere between 36-48 hours, nights 24 at max. Weekends will count as 1 day. Please don't lurk. :siren: AFTER NIGHT ONE, NO REPLACEMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED. IT WILL BE A MODKILL:siren: Let's talk about how things work!

• All abilities have a single use
  • During each day phase, all players have the choice to Hunt or Forge.
  • Every day, the Hunter's Guild will give you a Hunt. These hunts will range in difficulty from 1-5 stars. The more stars, the higher the difficulty of the hunt.
  • Successfully hunting a monster will give resources with which you can Forge. Failure to slay the monster will result in nothing.
  • Forging gives additional use of abilities.
  • In addition, forging strengthens your weapon, giving better odds of success for hunts.
  • Abilities may take multiple forges to become available again. This will be noted in your PM.

Players
  1. Absurd Revolver
  2. Anomalous Amalgam
  3. Azuth0667
  4. BottleKnight
  5. flerp
  6. GulagDolls
  7. iajanus
  8. imgay
  9. Infinitum
  10. Jimson
  11. King Burgundy
  12. Look Under The Rock
  13. Mayor Glowku
  14. Meinberg
  15. Rurea
  16. tpink

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 13:24 on May 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We regret to inform you that there is no such thing as a fun role in a Kashuno game thank you for your understanding.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

the real monster is anime

Hate to break it to you but

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Kash will this game have open nights?

Yeah all my games do. I think.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
3 moreeee

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

i dont want to be in this game anymore

Kashuno posted:

4 moreeee

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
probably not ya

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Signups will be open until thursday, at which point the game will start or I will close the game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
RIP flerp

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

I'm absolutely jelly I'm not in this. Monhun is my favorite game series D:

You would make 15 :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

YEAH! HAMMER TIME!

My dick is literally fully erect thinking about MonHun Generations

I waited in line for THREE loving HOURS at pax to hunt

It was worth it. New gun lance is god tier

Also we are at 15 since flerp got themselves banned

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

Didn't we hunt together a lot in MH4G?

I feel like I've known you for a long time...

I am excited that any weapon will be able to mount easily now instead of just insect staff. I used it for it's team usefulness but my true passion is bowgun and hammer.

If you post in the monster hunter threads around release date then yes. And we can hunt in generations a lot if you want. The gun lance buffs make me wanna play forever. Also idk if it's in the main game but you can play as the felyne this time

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
wb flerp, TNL if flerp isn't banned we are full :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

Kashuno will this game have avatar rewards?

no i am poor now

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
gonna make and eat dinner then game start

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HI! Welcome to the small island town of SmafiA! Though we're small, we get all manners of hunters coming from the guild to hunt the wildlife here for new supplies! There's rumors of hunters hunting hunters here, so watch out! Take it easy, relax, and hunt whatever the guild tells you to!

LIKE TODAY! The guild thinks it's a good idea for you to HUNT THIS THING

THE LAGOMBI

This is a ONE star hunt difficulty! The Lagombi is a relatively docile insectivore, but be careful! When provoked it will do what it has to to survive, including pummeling you with snowballs! No chill, this thing!

:siren:ALL PLAYERS BEGIN THE GAME WITH ONE MATERIAL TO FORGE WITH:siren:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
To be clear, if you choose to hunt, please PM me HUNT
If you choose to forge, please PM me FORGE

you have until the end of the game day to decide

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Okay since I keep getting questions about it I guess the OP doesn't come across clear enough. Everyone has one use of their ability at the start of the game, and one material they can forge with. When you forge, you lose that material. When you hunt, if you kill the monster you gain another material you can forge with. Also when you forge, your weapon gets stronger allowing you better odds to hunt more difficult monsters.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:siren: Please get in your HUNT/FORGE choices by end of day :siren:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The hunt for the Lagombi went well! The beast stood little chance, as weapons rained down upon it over and over again. Oddly, even for such a weak creature, no one was killed! The trip went great, and the hunters returned to the guild for a good nights rest.

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 6, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ALL NIGHT ACTIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY 10PM EST, 23:45 FROM THIS POST.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
gently caress. It fills up so fast ahhh

I have space again :argh:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ok well that's your choice I guess

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also heads up, I have plans pretty much all night tonight. I may be able to get things updated tonight, but it could possibly be tomorrow AM. Depends on when I get all night actions in.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

Kashuno check your PMs

?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
OKAY FAM I AM GOING OUT NOW SO NO END OF NIGHT RIGHT NOW. If you are opting to not use your ability n1, let me know please! If I haven't heard from you by sometime after 10pm est when I'm back at a computer, sucks

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Morning hunters

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The hunters begin to arrive at the guild desk in the morning for the next day's hunt. As they approach, they see a felyne talking to the desk attendant.

"Oh my! And what happened to so many hunters?!"

The Felyne shakes his head. "I saw some craziness last night!

Bottleknight, Town Aligned Lance Wielding Tracker died last night!
Absurd Revolver, Town Aligned Sword and Shield Wielding Vengeful Bodyguard died last night!
Jimson, Scum Aligned Charge Blade Wielding Godfather/Juggernaut died last night!

WOW~ that is a serious bummer!! O H W E L L we got more monsters to hunt today you people that managed to not die!

TODAY'S

HUNT

IS

FEAST YOUR EYES ON THE MIZUTSUNE! it's a RANK 3 STAR hunt today!

And remember, if you forged last night, your weapon is now stronger and can hunt better!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dunno why votefinder didnt take my deadline but it's Monday night 10pm est I'll set it again in votefinder when I get to a computer

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The hunt for the Mizutsune was much harder than the one before it. Some hunters feared the mighty beast, and even among those that did venture forth the fight was not kind. Look Under The Rock, Tonfa Wielding Town Aligned Hider was drowned in the bubbles and the hunters had to leave her for dead.

Votecount for Day 2

Look Under The Rock (7): Mayor Glowku, Rurea, King Burgundy, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, flerp, Azuth0667, Azuth0667, Infinitum, Rurea, tpink, Meinberg, Azuth0667, GulagDolls
Azuth0667 (2): Anomalous Amalgam, iajanus
Infinitum (1): Look Under The Rock
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Infinitum, Azuth0667, GulagDolls, Infinitum, Azuth0667, Infinitum, GulagDolls
Mayor Glowku (0): flerp, flerp
GulagDolls (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Meinberg (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls

Not Voting (2): imgay, Rurea

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 09th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The hunters begin to arrive at the guild desk in the morning for the next day's hunt. As they approach, they see that same weird felyne talking to the desk attendant.

"Well at least it wasn't as bloody as last night"

The Felyne shakes his head. "I saw some craziness last night!

Azuth0667, Town Aligned Great Sword Wielding Jailer died last night!
Mayor Glowku, Town Aligned Insect Glaive Wielding Bus Driver died last night!
Iajanus, Town Aligned Heavy Bowgun Wielding Paranoid Gun Owner died last night!

WOW~ that is a serious bummer!! O H W E L L we got more monsters to hunt today you people that managed to not die!

TODAY'S

HUNT

IS

FEAST YOUR EYES ON THE GOLDEN THUNDER PRINCE ZINOGRE! it's a RANK 5 STAR hunt today!

And remember, if you forged last night, your weapon is now stronger and can hunt better!

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 11, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
PLEASE HOLD

Ok good to go. Sorry I hit the submit button my phone on accident when I was scrolling :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
good morning yes LUTR was dead and I moved her but I have this issue where if I don't put things in alphabetical order then votefinder doesn't always take it sorry fam.

Flip in a bit ish

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What a terrifying beast! The hunt was fierce and, ultimately, deadly. Unfortunately for Anomalous Amalgram, Scum Aligned Hammer Wielding Roleblocker, they were absolutely destroyed by Golden Thunder Prince Zinogre.

Votecount for Day 3

Anomalous Amalgam (5): Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, GulagDolls, Meinberg, Infinitum, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, flerp

Not Voting (4): imgay, King Burgundy, Rurea, tpink

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 12th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 14 hours.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Last chance to get actions in before I reopen.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The hunters begin to arrive at the guild desk in the morning for the next day's hunt. As they approach, they see that same weird felyne talking to the desk attendant.

"Not too bad last night!"

The Felyne nodded his head. "Yeah not too shabby"!

King Burgundy, Town Aligned Light Bowgun Wielding Empowerer died last night!

TODAY'S

HUNT

IS

FEAST YOUR EYES ON THE YIAN GARGUA! it's a RANK 4 STAR hunt today!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I will get a flip out while I'm on lunch!

edit: guess I don't have time for lunch today. I will make this happen anyway.

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 13, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Certainly not the threat of the day before, the company sets out to deal with the Yian Garuga. It is a powerful beast, but not unstoppable. It did, however, make sure to torch the body of Meinberg, Scum Aligned Medium Bowgun Wielding Poisoner

Votecount for Day 4

Meinberg (4): Infinitum, GulagDolls, tpink, Rurea
imgay (1): Infinitum, Meinberg, Infinitum
tpink (0): GulagDolls, Infinitum, Infinitum, GulagDolls
Rurea (0): Infinitum, tpink, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, tpink

Not Voting (2): flerp, imgay

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 13th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 hours, 37 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sorry fam I am currently away on business. I'll be at a computer tonight to reopen game

• Locked thread