Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I just got killed in the Dark Souls mafia game :( so I guess I am free to play this now. Waa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Hell yeah let me get in on this hot D1 chat.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Also, Jimson: :captainpop:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

imgay posted:

i clamed, so u take but not give its very unfear

Are you purposefully misspelling words?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimson posted:

Kk so guys who should I kill tonight?

You said you need 2 forge for that and that you start out with 1, right? This whole claim is sounding bullshit to me because: 1) why reveal this on D1, 2) you're claiming a role that'll only be useful after 2 nights, which might save you from a lynch and/or will get the doctor (assuming there's one) to protect you in the meantime, and 3) you seem to forget whether you can kill someone tonight or not (which makes me further think this claim is not real). I am seriously tempted to just vote for you now based on these three things.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

imgay posted:

no but i dont put effort in editing my posts

Your posts make my eyes hurt.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimson posted:

Having a hard time reading buddy?

Ok, I still stand by 1) and 2).

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

tpink posted:

Ok, I still stand by 1) and 2).

Or at least 1), on a re-read :bigtran:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimson posted:

I have a penchant for d1 claims. If I claim my role I can be a weapon instead of a liability. Also I am still technically a miller role if I switch. I wanted to beat kash at his own game. How poo poo is it for me to get a kill and then immediately show scum alligned? Claiming completely gets rid of that. Maybe I die maybe I don't. We have a Dr. So I can get out one kill at least.

Ok. But D1 kills are such a crapshoot that I just don't know how useful that one kill is going to be.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Infinitum posted:

Ok then..

ASSUMING you're both telling the truth..

Why would the DOCTOR claim D1?

You've both posted huge 'Kill me' signs on your back.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. This seems dumb AF and worse off for the town team if true.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

imgay posted:

I said frand on purpose there btw

:commissar:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

imgay posted:

why you asking retard questions

From a person who apparently thinks it's good game strategy for a doctor to claim on D1.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

imgay posted:

Thats why we all claim, the people most scared of claiming are scum like infini claiming vanilla in a role madness this dude is a total scumbo

:hurr:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Absurd Revolver posted:

I guess I'll claim too, for all that will do.

I can block one kill, then die. I figure now with a doc and vig claim I'm not in danger.

What the gently caress is going on here.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

BottleKnight posted:

imgay can literally be a doctor, and that not be a fakeclaim, and I would be okay with him dying today.

And it's not because I'm scum.

Yeah pretty much this. I can't think of any set of circumstances where as a town doctor you'd decide it's a great idea to reveal that D1.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimson posted:

Lmfao you're the only one here trying to make solid scum claims based on our role claims. What reason would a scum player have to lie about being a doctor, one of the easiest roles to counter claim? He even had the flavor right, which while he may have gotten that just from knowing the games, still gives him some kind of edge up on everyone else. What reason would a scum player have to lie about a REALLY convoluted role that involves me becoming a miller to make a kill???

Like poo poo, that's the whole jam of the Charge Blade, Unleash huge power then leave yourself vulnerable and wreck face.

To make a REALLY meta read, Kashuno LITERALLY had a game where town won because of a CYOA schtick he was running.

I feel like all of your arguments infinitum, are based on one "Read" you had and your sticking to your guns because it's the "town thing to do" and it comes off scummy as gently caress, and if you're town? I don't really wanna have you on our side if your whole schtick is gonna be making a scum read and then being a stubborn Bullfango about it.

Also, as an aside, I re-read my role text, the 2 turns I am listed as a miller are the turn I make the killer, and the turn after. So poo poo, let me kill Rurea investigate me I'll flip scum, Wait another day, and then investigate me and I'll flip town. Like what's the point even if we go "2 days" with a "scum" player left alive we'll still make good time​ usually the first few day lynches are town anyway, so why not have a CONFIRMED town player make some kills for us, and then leave if I mess up, or I don't kill the player who I was told to kill you can all feel comfortable lynching what you perceive to be confirmed scum.

I am fine with you killing Rurea if they don't get lynched on the very off chance you're telling the truth about your claim, and this is easy enough to test.

I'm not going to vote for iamgay on D1 on the, again, very chance he's actually a doctor (though I still have no idea why you'd reveal that). If he is he's probably going to end up dead anyway.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote imgay I don't believe he's a doctor and rolefishing is scummy even if voluntarily offered. Even if he's a doctor there's no guarantee he's a town aligned doctor.

Why vote for him on D1? Agree the claim is dumb AF, fake, or both, but are you that confident that it's fake that you might lynch a town Doctor on D1?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

These seem like ridiculous questions to me. Why vote for anyone on any day? Because the play they've made comes across as scummy.

I claimed as well so I don't think it's necessary dumb. I do think that it's fake. I mean how can I be confident of anything on D1? You can't. It's why I hate Day 1.

He could be town doctor? He could be scum doctor? He could not be a doctor at all. There's no way of knowing, but the facts are he rolefished. Even if people(like me) gave up their role info voluntarily and that's something scum do.

Voting for anyone on D1 is a crapshoot, which is why I am saying that if there's a chance he's a doctor, maybe that's not someone to vote for on D1. Why is that a ridiculous question.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I am around for the next hour or so but then won't be around for the actual deadline. The way things looks like now, we might have a no-lynch.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I don't want to vote for imgay on the off chance he's the doctor. Don't want to vote for Rurea/Jimson today but happy to vote for him tomorrow if he doesn't follow through on his promised night actions. I don't see the case against Infi. And I don't want to have a no-lynch on D1. So:

##vote bottleknight

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mayor Glowku posted:

So I feel like I can safely say our lurker meinenheimen or whatever his name is probably not scum.

I am the INSECT GLAIVE! I used my pheromones and kinsect to swap all actions on jimson and that dude Meinberg. So someone tried to kill meinberg, and ended up killed Jimson.

Thoughts on this? MEINBURG MAYBE POST AT LEAST?! YOU ARE WELCOME

This is amazing if true.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mayor Glowku posted:

So I feel like I can safely say our lurker meinenheimen or whatever his name is probably not scum.

I am the INSECT GLAIVE! I used my pheromones and kinsect to swap all actions on jimson and that dude Meinberg. So someone tried to kill meinberg, and ended up killed Jimson.

Thoughts on this? MEINBURG MAYBE POST AT LEAST?! YOU ARE WELCOME

Mayor Glowku, why did you decide to pick Meinberg as the swap target?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

imgay posted:

So I accidently healed anime?

Forever unclean.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

iajanus posted:

Nice to see Jimson was exactly as scummy as we suspected. Now onto today's hunt...

Agreed. So, anyone in particular who's pinging you?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Look Under The Rock posted:

Nope this is terrible ##vote infinitum

Basically you're saying "I've already decided to go with the vote leader, but I'm gonna make you jump through a hoop first so it looks like you convinced me"

This is a weird vote that comes out of nowhere.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I don't like rurea's vote but you said nothing about a viable case. It was "make a case and I'll vote" which says to me that you've already made up your mind and you're putting glowku through the motions of giving you a reason to do what you already have planned.

In fact your response to all this has been pretty forced, I'm happy with my vote

You're the only person currently voting for Infi, based on...?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I 100% do not believe this

And I forgot this was you too. I don't know. You've posted very little but what you posted is suspicious.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Oh that explains it

Yeah actually you know what, I'm not gonna bother defending myself against y'all at the moment, infinitum's vote was the worst of the bunch, I explained why I thought that and was ignored. The way you guys are playing is actively sucking the fun out of mafia so sure, dunk me, I have no interest in playing with scrubs.

When I flip town, go back and look at how hard glowku came down on me for calling out infinitum's bullshit "make a case" thing

No no, this is definitely a fun way to play.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Oh that explains it

Yeah actually you know what, I'm not gonna bother defending myself against y'all at the moment, infinitum's vote was the worst of the bunch, I explained why I thought that and was ignored. The way you guys are playing is actively sucking the fun out of mafia so sure, dunk me, I have no interest in playing with scrubs.

When I flip town, go back and look at how hard glowku came down on me for calling out infinitum's bullshit "make a case" thing

I'm not usually this lurky, I do apologize for that. I keep forgetting I even reinstalled Awful.

So are you going to post more or?

And quit attacking the hero of Earth. :bahgawd:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Haha I know. I was away most of the weekend. Back now and ready to hunt. I already pointed out above that I thought that what little LUTR had posted, it was suspicious. And on your point about me supposedly bandwagoning for BK, I had actually also explained why I was voting for BK rather than multiple other options (i.e. why I didn't vote for imgay, Rurea, Jimson, or Infi). I'm fine voting for LUTR today (look at me bandwagoning again, :hurr:), but since there's still plenty of time till the deadline we should wait and give them a chance to post more.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

iajanus posted:

I've gone through LUTR's posts and there's nothing in them that screams out to me as being scummy or anything other than just a lurker, except for his weird "well you guys are sucking the fun out the game :colbert:" post which was a bit bizarre. I'm not comfortable voting him based on just that.

I've also read through AA's posts, and although they sound pretty safe and I agreed with his casing of imgay, I'm curious - who did you end up jailing last night? I may have missed it but you commented a fair bit on D1 about it but I don't think you mentioned today who you ended up targeting or what the result was.

I think the problem, though, is that now we're at less than 4 hours from the deadline, and everyone else has 1 vote at most - so if it's not LUTR, we're potentially looking at a no-lynch. Which, given that we've already had 2 towns deaths in N1 doesn't seem like a great plan. Is there someone else you have in mind? Not asking you to put a case together or anything, just curious if there's already someone else you're thinking about.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Though to be clear, as I said before, I'm also fine giving LUTR more time to come back and respond - just that there's not much time left for that.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I don't like all the posts painting my annoyance as "lol noobs" btw, it's really not about noobs and more about a specific playstyle I find really unpleasant and not any fun to be in a game with. I've had great games with newbies (bottleknight comes to mind) and if you looked through my past games you'd see me defending the poo poo out of newbies.

I barely posted during day one because I wasn't aware the game had started until late in the day. I wasn't kidding when I said I keep forgetting I'm in a game; I had uninstalled Awful at the beginning of the semester and checking it isn't a habit anymore. However, I won't lie; my motivation to participate in this game is toast. Getting dogpiled by morons isn't fun. I like mafia a lot, but there ae certain ways people play that turn me off to games awfully fast, and there's a good bit of that going on in this game.

I'm town hider. Go ahead and dunk me, I could not give less of a poo poo at this point.

Fair enough - if you aren't having fun and don't want to play, that's totally fine. Sorry it didn't turn out to be a better game for you. :confuoot:

Less than 2 hours to the deadline, so:

##vote Look Under The Rock

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

drat, that was a bloodbath. :ohdear:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

King Burgundy posted:

I empowered imgay again.

Sorry, what does this mean? I know you said it on D1 and I meant to ask then but forgot.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

King Burgundy posted:

I empowered imgay last night. He can doc again.

So you did. I apparently stopped reading after the first sentence. :downswords:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

The meta vote on Jimson is real sketchy especially when capitalization of certain aspects is a factor. Not saying I like the Jimson claim all that much because that role seems ridiculous.

This just seems like a scummy case.

##vote Infinitum

Hi LUTR, it's the ghost with the most, that ghoulish goon, ghastly ghostly gangsta, but I'm a new man.

Anyhow, I still think d1 is garbage ridiculous claims or not. I'm not feeling the vote on Rurea, Infinitum is eh, gay prompted mass claiming and Jimson has a ridiculous sounding role and he's claiming fishy mechanics.

##vote imgay I don't believe he's a doctor and rolefishing is scummy even if voluntarily offered. Even if he's a doctor there's no guarantee he's a town aligned doctor.

##vote Infinitum

Right now my suspicion lies on Azuth and Gulag. Admittedly, and although I agree meta is bullshit, I kind of get tunnel vision on Azuth because their posting just seems odd and scummy to me, but Azuth has been pushing for a rurea lynch, encouraged Jimson, made a vote on AR only to switch it to Rurea.

Finally made a big effort post, then unvoted.

Noncommittal and deliberately short-sighted in most of his posting.

My suspicion on Gulag I've already stated in a previous case.

##vote Azuth

Yeah I am pretty sure AA is scum guys.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

GulagDolls posted:

you are also scum tpink

Look at this dumbo opinion.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I don't think a meta case on a player being dumb or not dumb is valid at this point. I think we seriously need to consider that the flip information, may or may not be 100% accurate.

Like I said, it is truly bizarre that IF he was actually a Jailer he wouldn't say something or hint at least about me being a liar or anything at all, not even a crumb about it. I don't know what type of abilities are in this game and speculating on that would lead nowhere, but seriously something is not right.

Is this actually even a possibility? That seems bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I can't deny Infinitum's cop claim so I don't know what to say. I feel like I'm being actively framed here. It's not a weird tale though, I mean Azuth really didn't mention anything at all about his role and he's had ample time to say anything at all about me being dishonest.

I'm a Jailer. I don't know what to say to that other than Infinitum making a gambit now that presumably another Jailer has flipped.

Given your posting history and the "I am being framed and/or the flip is false" defense you are now making, Infi must have set up a hell of a "gambit." :allears:

• Locked thread