Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

yeah break is over i'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Um, yeah, that's a pretty weird thing to claim D1. And I don't like this whole "everyone claim" thing on D1. Who benefits except for scum?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Can we hunt Addams' instead?

Nah, I am on the side of hunting monsters.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

OK, sorry for the radio silence. Work has been ridiculous this week, but I've been trying to keep up reading the thread.

I think the roleclaiming has been ridiculous, and Jimson and imgay's soap opera seems either scummy or almost a parody of scum at this point. Everyone else just seems to be waffling on in normal D1 style, but these two have either thrown themselves under the NK bus for what seems to be no sensible reason, or have made some baffling choices to reveal themselves in such detail with no prompting, or at least one of them is scum. Whilst I'd be happy to vote for either of them on the basis that they both seem so suspect, I'll vote for Jimson atm just in case imgay actually is a doc (just a wildly suicidal one).

##vote Jimson

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jimson posted:

Iajanus. I know your a rational person your argument says as much. Trust me when I say there is a good reason for me to claim my role. There is a lot that can be learned from the way my role works about what roles scum possibly has. I can't go into specifics because doing so would completely jeapordize my plan.

I'll just say if I am able to hit a scum target they are definently dead.

[spoiler] she's messin wit my helmet [/spoiler ]

See I want to believe you because you're being so earnest, but for D1 all I can go on is the feel of your posts, and between you and imgay you both come off as either ridiculously scummy or naive. Nobody else is pinging me to anywhere near the same level, so in the interests of voting (I don't like no-lynch generally) you two are who I'm OK voting for. Sure, you may be town, but at this point I don't have an alternate target and I'm happy to test your claim since then we can get some data from the people who voted for/against you.

And your second spoiler tag has a space in it.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

drat you Mayor Glowku and your fast typing :argh:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, the hunting mechanic has thrown me a bit, too.

Let's hunt the rabbit and make some stew (do we get to make stew afterwards?)!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Mayor Glowku posted:

Someone refresh me because i really dont want to go find it myself. Who claimed jailor?

Jimson claimed vig / miller
Absurd claimed... doctor right?

Absurd posted:

I guess I'll claim too, for all that will do.

I can block one kill, then die. I figure now with a doc and vig claim I'm not in danger.

imgay is the doctor, I think (his claim is that, anyway).

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I CAN SEE THE MONSTER IN YOUR PHOTO. KILL IT NOW BEFORE IT GROWS TO ITS NEXT FORM!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Nice to see Jimson was exactly as scummy as we suspected. Now onto today's hunt...

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

tpink posted:

Agreed. So, anyone in particular who's pinging you?

I'm phone posting from the physio office since my wife decided to have the gall to gently caress up her knee at soccer so I can't check back easily but have we seen any evidence for the other ridiculous claim from yesterday to be believed (the doctor)? What do we think happened last night to cause that many bodies?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Can anyone tell me when hammer time is from now? I'm still faffing about getting an mri for iajwife so I can't read the thread in too much detail before work tomorrow in about 16 hours. I don't want to vote for anyone based on the sketchy reads I've been able to grab so far.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Sweet. Will definitely be productively using my work time tomorrow to hunt monsters and root out scum.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

OK, LUTR is seeming a bit falsely indignant to me, but I'm still not convinced about imgay's original claim about being a doctor and how last night went down. His claim was sketchy as anything and I'm not sure if it's confirmed by Glowku/Meinburg's switching. Can anyone advise if the logic made sense?

Wow, just realised I typed this out and didn't hit Submit and then went into a meeting. Posting it now.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, I agree that makes the most sense out of the carnage.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I've gone through LUTR's posts and there's nothing in them that screams out to me as being scummy or anything other than just a lurker, except for his weird "well you guys are sucking the fun out the game :colbert:" post which was a bit bizarre. I'm not comfortable voting him based on just that.

I've also read through AA's posts, and although they sound pretty safe and I agreed with his casing of imgay, I'm curious - who did you end up jailing last night? I may have missed it but you commented a fair bit on D1 about it but I don't think you mentioned today who you ended up targeting or what the result was.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Would the target be told that they were trapped like that? Or is it just if they tried to do something? Can we get confirmation from Gulagdolls?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

my pm said I got air combo'd for seven hours

Cool, that's what I assumed would happen if it worked (not the flavour text, but the idea). As good a confirmation that AA did what he said, and I'll lean on the side of the fence that it sounds like a town ability for the time being.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

tpink posted:

I think the problem, though, is that now we're at less than 4 hours from the deadline, and everyone else has 1 vote at most - so if it's not LUTR, we're potentially looking at a no-lynch. Which, given that we've already had 2 towns deaths in N1 doesn't seem like a great plan. Is there someone else you have in mind? Not asking you to put a case together or anything, just curious if there's already someone else you're thinking about.

Reading through some more post histories right now, will reply with my thoughts soon. Sorry for not voting either day so far, with work and my wife attempting to break her leg in half I've only been able to watch the thread via phone and haven't been comfortable with any reads so far to lynch anyone.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

OK, GulagDolls was pretty gungho against BK with no explanation before abruptly switching to Jimson late on, suspiciously like wanting to get some town cred. Nothing inherently damning, but pretty suspect.

Inifinutm I'm willing to give a pass to since he pretty much was the driving force behind the entire Jimson attack, which seems like a ludicrous bus on D1 to have Jimson reveal such a bizarre and obviously scum position and then let Inf hunt him down. It could be a really cunning scum play, but I don't think so - although from other games with Inf he's shown himself to be pretty cunning, so it wouldn't be beyond imagination. I still think it's far more likely to be a good town read.

imgay is still my most suspicious read - the doctor claiming on D1 is just insane, and then to claim he used his power on the godfather is a nice way to say why nobody confirmed his power. Reading Meinberg's post never actually said that he was protected - if nobody attacked him I doubt he would have been aware of it so either nobody attacked him and hence he wasn't told about it OR there was no doctor power anyway. From the initial ludicrous nature of imgay's posting I'd be leaning toward the former.

All in all, I'll vote imgay > GulagDolls, but could be convinced of either.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Right now my suspicion lies on Azuth and Gulag. Admittedly, and although I agree meta is bullshit, I kind of get tunnel vision on Azuth because their posting just seems odd and scummy to me, but Azuth has been pushing for a rurea lynch, encouraged Jimson, made a vote on AR only to switch it to Rurea.

Finally made a big effort post, then unvoted.

Noncommittal and deliberately short-sighted in most of his posting.

My suspicion on Gulag I've already stated in a previous case.

##vote Azuth

On the back of their D1 posting I'm inclined to agree on both the Azuth and Gulag reads. Azuth's posting D1 seems to be a concerted effort to attack Rurea with no justification except to steer us away from Jimson, and only eventually on D2 tried to look like he was critically examining the doctor claim rather than just accepting it as a matter of course. Just so I'm on the record:

##vote Azuth

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Infinitum posted:

That's a "I'm pretty chuffed :3: " and not a "I'm a cunning scumbo :3: "

:v:
SCUMSLIP!!!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

To clarify what I've said already about LUTR - I don't think they're necessarily town, I just don't have any positive feelings about them being scum. I've got no real problem with us lynching them to avoid a no-lynch - they're not trying to claim or give us any reason to not flip them and at least gain some information.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Seriously. It's hilarious to me when people act high and mighty when their own play is sub par. I understand forgetting things/RL gets in the way, but don't come in and be insufferable when people jump on you for it. And she didn't even inform the conversation about which type of play specifically she has a problem with. So not even trying to make things better(if there was anything wrong).

That's what annoyed me - I'm all for someone complaining that people aren't playing the game well, but saying what is actually annoying would be more helpful.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

:ghost::jerky::ghost:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

:ghost: the suspense :ghost:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

:ghost:lol:ghost:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Sorry for accidentally killing all those town people who visited me on the first few nights.

I kept looking at the pile of bodies each morning with so much guilt....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I think I ended up killing three random people. I wasn't told who but if you tried watching me and died congratulations you were my victim.

• Locked thread