Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I already have all the new images I'm gonna use for the new thread. If someone can make a list summarizing the new changes then I'll have a new thread up as soon as I wake up tomorrow. That's the only thing I haven't done yet, because even though I play git at least once a week, I'm bad at recognizing the most significant changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

jerkstoresup posted:

I already have all the new images I'm gonna use for the new thread. If someone can make a list summarizing the new changes then I'll have a new thread up as soon as I wake up tomorrow. That's the only thing I haven't done yet, because even though I play git at least once a week, I'm bad at recognizing the most significant changes.

Highlights straight from the dev blog:

quote:

Branches: Lair and its sub-branches have been made shorter but deadlier, Zot offers new perils to the unwary adventurer, and the Desolation of Salt, a new timed portal vault, offers hoards of ancient artefacts to those strong enough to face down the unique threats hidden in its blinding saltstorms.
Spells: Two new spells have been added: Lesser Beckoning, which pulls enemies straight to your feet, and Infestation, a high-level Necromancy spell that spawns death scarabs from the remains of slain foes.
Items: All Long Blades now offer a ‘riposte’ effect, giving a chance for an automatic counterattack whenever an enemy misses the player. The Fencer’s Gloves let you riposte with any weapon.
Characters: Halflings and Kobolds have had their aptitudes and stats reworked, pushing the former to be powerful heavy-armour fighters, and the latter toward stabbing and spellcasting.
Gods: Uskayaw the Reveler offers remarkable combat powers to acolytes, peaking at the ability to instantly kill any targeted foe, but the piety that powers those abilities drops back to nothing after every battle. Hepliaklqana the Forgotten gives followers a single, permanent ally, which grows in strength alongside the player. Plus, Nemelex Xobeh’s decks have been streamlined and reworked, and Sif Muna’s abilities have been overhauled to be much more fun to use.

Full changelog

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Prism posted:

Does this mean the teams list is supposed to work on the tournament page? It doesn't. (I wanted to double-check to make sure it was reading the teams properly, as I had some trouble adding some of my teammates last go-around.)

it does not

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Brannock posted:

Highlights straight from the dev blog:

Full changelog
Man, Pake can't even get no love in the highlights. Just "Pakellas has been removed" under the gods section.

Poor, poor Pake.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

World Famous W posted:

Man, Pake can't even get no love in the highlights. Just "Pakellas has been removed" under the gods section.

Poor, poor Pake.

It's a lowlight :(.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Oh god, the berotato server is down or something - I need to finish my current character before the tourny starts. Why you do this crawl gods?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, it's down. We've texted him. :P

edit: back up

Is ##gooncrawl just dead now? There's hardly anyone there anymore.

odiv fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 2, 2016

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
My current pet build is GaFi^C or GaEE^C hybrid. With unarmed because why the gently caress not. Unarmed Hybrid^C is fun because you basically turn into a DBZ character; yo take forever to do anything and then suddenly everything explodes.

Edit Also, you can basically do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDYJWbHtfPg

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
wasn't much heat for any particular thread title, so I like:

Crawl 0.19: Just Riposte

anyone with slots available on their team, post your team listing again!

• Locked thread