Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Cool, got done moving and getting my internet back just in time for .18 to drop and the next Tourney.

68k posted:

Pictures of Ru
1. Fhqwhgads
2. worldfamousw

# TEAMCAPTAIN meatpath
I'm in. Good for a win usually, though I am going to be wasting a lot of attempts going for Brute Force 3.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Damnit crawl! I knew that Ghost Moths would be the death of me so I kept holding off doing spider till I found a source of sInv.

Died escaping from a bug floor on a ziggurat after clearing most places I felt comfortable just looking for a source of sInv. Only one I ever found was on a anti-magic randart spear.

God I am sucking so far this tournament.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Augh, why am I being so bad this tournament. Just wasted another easy victory character.

I think I am going to have to take a day or two break till I get my head back in the game.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
This is still one of my favorite goofy things in Crawl.

code:
 The sticky flame hits the sheep.
 The sheep is moderately wounded.
 The sheep is covered in liquid flames! The sheep burns! x2
 A sheep catches fire!
 The sheep bleats in terror.
 The sheep burns! x2; A sheep catches fire!
 The sheep bleats in terror.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Maha posted:

Found a book of conjurations on a lvl 7 DEIE, anything worth learning/working toward? These spells didn't even exist back when I got my wins.
I like Dazzling Spray as an early decent damage AoE. The dazzle effect is also bypasses MR and is only effected by HD so it can work pretty good as a general debuff.

Stoat posted:

You monster
The rest of the Lair just got revenge.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 07:01 on May 11, 2016

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I just lost yet another character who has cleared both runed Lair branches. I just can't seem to finish out a game so far.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I just wizmode it and it seems that Naga 'Cover Ground Slowly' is overridden by form changing transmutations. Only tested with Hydra and Dragon, but there ya' go.

Edit: Statue form overrides it as well, so you going from moving 1.4 to only 1.5. Nice.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Cool, got a TeAE off the ground, kill a sky beast leaving me four pieces of sweet purple meat. Maybe I'll get something good.
code:
You tend to lose your temper in combat.
Scrolls take you a little longer to read.
Armour fits poorly on your strangely shaped body.
You occasionally shout uncontrollably at your foes.
gently caress you sky beast.

Always eat the purple.

EDIT:
code:
 The big kobold is struck by lightning.
 The big kobold is almost dead.
 The lightning arcs! You are struck by lightning.
 Your corrosive artefact corrodes you! The lightning arcs!
 The big kobold is struck by lightning.
 You kill the big kobold!
 Vehumet accepts your kill.
Ha, didn't know my own Static Discharge could trigger the corrode effect.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 19, 2016

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

pun pundit posted:

Last time I played Crawl a lot, spell hunger was reduced by spellcasting*intelligence, or something to that effect. How valuable is +Int to a caster these days?
Very. Not only will it decrease failure and hunger but also increase spell power. Stack that poo poo as high as you can go.

From the bots:
Spell power formula: (Spellcasting/2 + 2*avg school skill) * INT/10 * (1.5 ^ enhancer count)

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Oh god, this character is going so good, why ya' got to do this to me crawl?
code:
_r - the +18 shield of the gong {rElec rN+ MR+ EV-5}
You know I can't resist this item that will get me killed!

EDIT: And dead before I can get the skill up to wear it. :(

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 19, 2016

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Playing a OgHu^Oka and got a stack of a stack of tomahawk of returning that is slowly dwindling. Kinda has me pining for the old days when I could throw hand axes and find one of returning and enchant the poo poo out of it.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Augh, finally got a win for Pictures of Ru this tourney.
code:
13734191 worldfamousw the Ogreish Ballista (level 27, 323/323 HPs)
             Began as an Ogre Hunter on May 20, 2016.
             Was the Champion of the Shining One.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 15 runes!

The game lasted 06:42:40 (117002 turns).
I played so badly the last few weeks. Glad that is done with.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 20, 2016

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Maha posted:

How do I set an autotravel stop or a -more- prompt? I'm seeing lots of conflicting methods, and the one I tried didn't work.

runrest_stop_message += *message*

force_more_message += *message*

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Which Lair branch is easiest is always determined by my equipment. Don't have rPois then I guess shoals is the only one I will risk. No rElec or rf+ means putting off snake for a good bit. I won't even touch spider without sInv. Shoals is trivialized with a shield, reflection, and MR.

If all resists are accounted for a would say the two water branches are easiest. Spider is probably the one I fear most.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Hell is fun! Well, the final set floors of them are fun. The 6 pointless levels before each of them not so much. And Pan is fun till ya' get stuck looking for the Demonic Rune on your 40th or so random floor.

Abyss sucks.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Giving a KoAs^Hepliaklqana a go on trunk and I was wondering how much Invoc should I aim for with Hep? I looked up the bots and it says the Idolise and Transference power are based around it, but I don't want to burn up to much exp if just getting them usable is enough.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Huh, I guess I missed the message where it gave me the choice of how my Hexer would change up because I was curious why I was at ***** and he was still just slowing and confusing. Probably would have been useful to have changed that up before I was going through all my options cause I was about dead.

Either way, dead and I don't know if I will do hexer with a stabber again. Maybe knight as a distraction. Then again, I didn't ever get to see the paralyzing so...

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Your ancestor's gear/spells is totally based on your XP level, not your piety or invocations. I don't think the hexer can paralyse but he eventually learns Metabolic Englaciation and Mass Confusion and when you're xl27 he gets an antimagic quickblade.
Good to know, but I did see Paralyze as one of the abilities listed in the last few turns before I died. I was just going to use my blinking mutation and saw it on the list.

I guess I need to add a fore_more_message for when upgrades are available.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
You're the best, PF.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Is there a way to look up all the vaults in the game? Mostly those built around Hep. I got an idea for one but I don't want to waste time doing it if there is something already similar.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
That is one of the best early uses of Wand of Enslavement. The second is

Nothing more satisfying then watching someone's own posse beat them down.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Just remember that while Thorn Hunters are horrifying and will block off your exit as they needle you to death they are weak to fire. Burn them motherfuckers alive!

Also, I been working on the Hep vault idea I had and hit a snag when I remembered that I have no idea how to code or how LUA works.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'm not sure that it is possible, but I can swear I've seen it before, but for tiles around you to change to other of the same type (floor changing color for example) if you start worshiping at that particular altar.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
So I just realized one of the errors why I couldn't get anything to work was I was still using a .18 version to build on and well...

Still trying to figure out the rest though!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Well, Needle effectiveness is effected by Throwing. From bots:

quote:

For needles other than poison and curare: You have a flat 2% chance of affecting monsters with HD14 or less. In all other cases, or if this 2% chance fails, you will only affect a monster if 2+ 1d(4 + Throwing Skill + Blowgun enchantment) is greater than the monster's HD.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

the Orb of Zot posted:

RIP Decks of Wonders (and Helix cards and Focus cards)

Who remembers when those were gift-able by Nemelex (and you could skew the odds towards him doing so via sacrificing the right type of item) and contained stuff like experience cards that gave you EXP and an experience level, cards that opened up portals to labyrinths/ice caves/bazaars, and all sorts of other permanent benefits?
I do and it still wasn't enough to get me to worship that pain in the rear end god. Nemelex is just a wonky and bad god. At least they don't have portable altars anymore.

Thankfully we got a good evoker god now.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 29, 2016

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I just want to say that PleasingFungus is awesome.

Thanks to all the developers also.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ugly John posted:

Let's not get carried away now. :colbert:
Hey, even if they are doing things I disagree with (like removing rMut, Distillation & Evaporate, and Singularity) I am thankful there are people willing to put time for free into keeping this game updating.

Except for not including the Crown of Eternal Torment, whoever that developer was is my enemy.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
No cross training penalties anymore other then spreading your exp around.

If you are talking about Blaster Casters, then be Te or De, worship Vehumet, dump every level into INT, and never turn off Conjuration and whatever your element is till you get the lvl 9 spell castable by the time you are ending your first lair branch. Also die a whole lot before you reach that stage, but my god nothing is better then firestorming the end vaults of Snake, Spider, etc to death.

If you want a caster with a better then 10% early game survival rate then someone else will have to speak up.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Yep, it will override the existing brand. It will also get another +2 on it, so that is always nice.

If ya' got an eveningstar laying around, it probably is the better choice for the blessing though.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Just started up a TeAE. Did they change the autotarget with spells like Shock or so that they will target a wall if it will get the extra damage bounce in, cause it seems to be doing that somewhat and I like it. Maybe it always did and I never noticed.

Nanomashoes posted:

Don't have an eveningstar yet but I also don't have enough enchant weapon scrolls to take the whip up to +9 so I'm holding off until I really need it.
Yeah, the Scourge is 12 base damage with .5 min delay compared to the Eveningstars 15 with .7. If you are going TSO I assume you are doing extended and I always want the beefiest weapon I can have for there.

The Scourge will work fine too, I just not as big a fan after doing TSO extended a few times now.

EDIT: Had base damage slightly off.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 3, 2016

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Just curious, you trying to get it to +7 or +9 before blessing them? Cause you will get a free +2 on top of the blessing.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nanomashoes posted:

It's actually the second time in a row I've had a strong character die in the same circumstances so clearly I learn nothing and my only consolation is that my ghost is probably wicked strong and gonna kill some poor fool. Speaking of, is there any way to see your ghosts win/loss rate? If not, that should totally be a feature added, or just a little message you get when your ghost kills a guy/dies.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can do !gkills in irc to see who your ghost has killed. Not sure if you can get win/loss tough.
Also this page has them. It is just pulling from the bots though.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
code:
 default_manual_training = true
in your init/rc file.

Also, it is useful to add
code:
#Auto open skills on new char
{
local need_skills_opened = true
function ready()
  if you.turns() == 0 and need_skills_opened then
    need_skills_opened = false
    crawl.sendkeys("m")
  end
end
}
so it will auto open your skills when you start a new game.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Or invest in slings. Both Hunting and Great slings are onehanded (unless you are little)

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Cool and good change to Jewelry Aquirement

StoryTime posted:

I was talking about this when the wand change hit (which was a great change btw, new wands rule), and I still think artificers should start with a good damage wand. You could hand them Iceblast (9) and it still wouldn't be as good as berserker or assassin.

ICEBLAST OR RIOT
Bring back the Rod of Striking!

Don't do this

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jun 5, 2016

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Unimpressed posted:

Just saw this on Gamers With Jobs, a scroll of acquirement decision tree.

I'm going to argue that if you are an Ogre (maybe Troll) that hasn't found a Dragon Armour yet to go armour first.

PleasingFungus posted:

what games have you had where you were killed by malmut?
Maybe this game where I had teleportis 2 in Zot 5 is what caused my death as I kept getting pulled into the Lungs over and over again with no reprieve.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

BigFactory posted:

DEFE With firestorm glaciate and lichform.
Same idea but TeCj.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

jon joe posted:

drat it, died in Zig 25 with a character who was clearly going to 15 rune if I hadn't Zig'd. :negative:

Hell, I could have lived through Zig too if I didn't stupidly quaff a berserk potion, shutting off all my escape options.
Ouch, know the deadly siren song of Zigs as well.

On berserk, if I ain't worshiping Trog I don't even consider it a option after the lair branches. Just way to much can go wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Bring back surfboard. Then give him Injury Mirror (nihilistic death cult attitude kept) and Waterstrike with the Water Nymph water moving thing while keeping paralyze. Change his habitat to Amphibious and make him a Shoals only unique.

EDIT: Hell, use the merfolk system however it works so he is on surfboard when on water tiles and holding it when on land.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jun 8, 2016

• Locked thread