Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Does staff acquirement no longer give rods? Or have I just been supremely unlucky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

3 scrolls, 0 rods.

0 magic skills of any kind. Almost 20 evo now, but I've been trying for one since about 15.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Hildebrand's ghost has gotten one kill on V:5 already. :)

Found this sweet Lajatang: the +11 lajatang "Kileam" {slice, +Fly Str+4}

I'm using a demon whip of pain (found early, and then pained up by kiku) on my DsMo with a shield, so unfortunately I can't use that as a swap weapon. Seems like it'd be pretty good against rN enemies though.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

What's better, +10 Int or Wizardry?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

FulsomFrank posted:

If I get monstrous as a demonspawn am I better off going full unarmed rather than using a weapon? Asking for a friend.
It depends how quickly you get Claws 3 imo.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

So I've got boots of the assassin now and I can tell where an invisible monster is when it's out of LOS, but not when it's in it. Is that intended or should I look into reporting it?

I'm on console.

odiv fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 14, 2016

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Done:

http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/odiv/odiv.txt

It could be they're showing up as very dark blue? I remember seeing them around other invisible monsters indicating where they could be, but it's possible in this case it's showing the exact location instead?

edit: Yeah, that's it, I think. It'd be a lot better if it was red. I seriously mistook it for those "hints" or whatever that you used to get (still do?) around invisible stuff. Sorry for the mix-up. Thanks for looking into it.

odiv fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 14, 2016

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Reflection doesn't stack, eh?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Started a Kobold Assassin with the intention of going blowguns/crossbows and Fedhas.

Quaffed my biggest stack of potions (3) when poisoned by a snake and it's XP (yay!).

Now my stealth is at 10.5 and I'm wondering if I should just take the stabbing train? I have two more of these potions to go. My team already has an Ash and a dith win though. Thoughts?

edit: I guess I could just go Trog. We somehow don't have a Trog win yet. Anti-magic quick blade is a lot of fun.

edit2: Well now I feel like I should use these potions before taking another step and it's time for some decision paralysis.

odiv fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 20, 2016

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, I'm just stuck figuring out what to train now.

Fighting/xbow/dodging I guess. I haven't even found a crossbow yet, but I'm on D:3, so.

edit: Just went with fighting/dodging for now. If I find a good weapon I can xp dump into it. Now Trogging it up.

60HP Kobold on D:3 is pretty fun.

odiv fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 20, 2016

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Tournament report!

Somewhat happy with how I did. As always (since kids), time is a major factor.

Managed to win 3 games (DsMo of Kiku: 7 runes, VpEn of Dith: 5 runes, GhAr of Pak 5 runes). Managed to cross Vp, Gh, En, Ar, Dith, and Pak off of my unwon list, so that's good. Also got an unexpected Test Subject III banner with the DsMo.

Was on my way to a possible KoAs of Trog win, but again, time is an issue.

I really want to 15 rune again. I don't think I have since 2012-2013. Also, I need to learn to play a lot faster, both in time and turns.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Kiku doesn't give piety for undead stuff right, so if you were killing wights and other zombies/skeles, etc. then you wouldn't be getting as much piety? Just a guess.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Is Majin-Bo usable at all? Seems a bit of a rough trade-off?

edit: For reference:

The +6 Majin-Bo {vamp, Archmagi MP+6 Int+6}

majin-bo[1/3]: +6 Majin-Bo {vamp, Archmagi, MP+6 Int+6}. It's a quarterstaff! Acts as a universal spell enhancer, but costs HP every time you cast a spell: 1 HP per MP spent. (This will never kill you, directly.)

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Shop on D:6 posted:

746 gold the ring of Geov {SustAt rF+++ MP+9 Dex-3 SInv}

You know what? Here's 750. Keep the change.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

It's a little weird pretty much no one is ever talking about the version actually in the title of the post. Maybe skip a number next thread?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Oh do they still? It seems like whenever I happen to read it, the changes in trunk is what people are talking about. But if that's not most of the time then never mind.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Is this right?
code:
Level 4 of the Dungeon             <<<>>>^
                                                     #####
                                                    ##<<.#
                                                    #...<#
                      ###############################>.>^#
                      #[.........................."....>.#
                      #.###############################..#
                      #.'.....#[..........#...........#.##
                      #######.#.#########.#.#########.#.#
                        #.....#.....#.....#.....#.....#.#
                        #.#########[#.#########.#.#####.#
                        #...........#....)..[...#.....'@#
                        #################################
Seems awfully small.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

This seems wayyy too predictable and sensible for Xom.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

crabs are NOT bugs
Neither spiders nor crabs are insects I think, right?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Feature Request: STIs.
(good thing I sacrificed love)

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Is this a real thing that is real or have I been trolled or...?

https://github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/34fa0a254aeb

I don't know enough about dev and how to read these.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Sure, I get where this is coming from. It's not like I expect every choice to be interesting, but of course the focus will go on what the devs want to focus on so the game continues to evolve. It wasn't the end of the world when the delay was halved for boots of running either, so it's not like I'm rage quitting or anything.

I mainly just wanted to make sure I was actually seeing the change to actual crawl and not like some offshoot, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, it's down. We've texted him. :P

edit: back up

Is ##gooncrawl just dead now? There's hardly anyone there anymore.

odiv fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 2, 2016

• Locked thread