Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Hey guys as a resident of the greater Milwaukee area I can confirm that we do not live in Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

If only a good man with a gun had been around to shoot that toddler, this might never have happened...

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

Strategic Tea posted:

If only a good man with a gun had been around to shoot that toddler, this might never have happened...

nah, kid wasn't black

e: oh poo poo, yes he was

wireframeskull fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 28, 2016

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Vastarien posted:

how do you get fatally shot and survive?

Maybe she died and was resuscitated? Idk didn't read the article.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The woman was driving her boyfriend's car, as hers had been stolen days earlier (along with car seats), and he was a security guard that left his gun under his seat. This story is much sadder than the one in Florida.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Leon Einstein posted:

The woman was driving her boyfriend's car, as hers had been stolen days earlier (along with car seats), and he was a security guard that left his gun under his seat. This story is much sadder than the one in Florida.

Under the seat really sounds like the worst place to keep a gun

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Mange Mite posted:

Under the seat really sounds like the worst place to keep a gun

It was in his belt. Yes, it's a terrible spot, but chances are she had no idea it was there.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Leon Einstein posted:

It was in his belt. Yes, it's a terrible spot, but chances are she had no idea it was there.

Oh ok i though it was just sort of sliding around down there

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

security guards shouldn't have loving guns lmao

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Wrong libtard. Loiterers are no joke and our heroes must be able to defend themselves when thugs threaten GAP or Spencers Gifts.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The kid told his mom he wanted some McNuggets, guess she shouldn't have said no.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

Mange Mite posted:

Oh ok i though it was just sort of sliding around down there

Even then, the kid racking a bullet and disarming the safety might have given the game away. Unless the guy was idiot enough to not only treat his gun like a wallet or phone, but leave it loaded and ready to fire.
Who knows, maybe it was a wheel gun and the child just fired it. 2 year olds are strong enough. But don't the holsters have have thumb-snaps? The fact the child sounds like he was not belted and the grandmother had a 1 year old on her lap in the front seat tells me that this family were not really deep thinkers. Jesus christ what an dumb way to die.

It's not really a gun law issue. You can't really legislate for that kind of stupidity.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Maybe when you have a child you should have to take a basic intelligence test, and if you fail it you have to give your kid up for adoption. I mean you don't gotta be super smart or anything, just gotta prove that you have a basic grasp on how things work and are capable of raising children.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Reaganomics — WTF? It's boring...
ReagaNOMNOMicks — Holy poo poo! It's a freaking funny meme!!! :xd:

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
They hand you the kid when it's born and then hand you a beer. If you drop the kid to reach for the beer they throw your baby in the baby-trash.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the whole seat belt situation was incredibly unsafe, but unlike the dumb florida horse lady this one had no idea that there was a gun in the car and presumably never taught her child how to use one. so naturally this is the one who died.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
This wouldn't have happened if she had a gun

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

Serious Frolicking posted:

the whole seat belt situation was incredibly unsafe, but unlike the dumb florida horse lady this one had no idea that there was a gun in the car and presumably never taught her child how to use one. so naturally this is the one who died.

It didn't hurt that she was also incredibly smug about her four year old knowing how to use a gun. I feel bad for this lady. So many poor choices that don't mean much on their own but add up to a horrible thing happening. Like it was said. It's not so much about guns as about poor safety in general. It could easily have been a car accident or anything else. The Florida woman was so called "educated" about firearms so she has no loving excuse for inflicting that on her kid.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Lonos Oboe posted:

Even then, the kid racking a bullet and disarming the safety might have given the game away. Unless the guy was idiot enough to not only treat his gun like a wallet or phone, but leave it loaded and ready to fire.
Who knows, maybe it was a wheel gun and the child just fired it. 2 year olds are strong enough. But don't the holsters have have thumb-snaps? The fact the child sounds like he was not belted and the grandmother had a 1 year old on her lap in the front seat tells me that this family were not really deep thinkers. Jesus christ what an dumb way to die.

It's not really a gun law issue. You can't really legislate for that kind of stupidity.

If you are carrying a gun in a holster in uniform it should be loaded and ready to fire. Otherwise what's the point

Also a lo of guns, esp ones popular with cop types like glocks, don't have external safeties

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
but anyway while this is a terrible tragedy and not a hilarious fool getting her just desserts i will still make bad jokes about it if any come to me

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Just give all the babies 2 guns, and all the moms 2 guns and everyone is safe.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

so what you're saying, op, is that a time traveling kid went back in time so he could finish the job. holy. poo poo.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

This wouldn't have happened if the mother had a gun.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

Mange Mite posted:

If you are carrying a gun in a holster in uniform it should be loaded and ready to fire. Otherwise what's the point

Also a lo of guns, esp ones popular with cop types like glocks, don't have external safeties

I thought it was stowed under a car seat? I know highly trained people in services walk around with only the final safety as they are in immediate danger and practically sleep with their guns. But I seriously doubt they jam their loaded, cocked pistols under the car seat that they loan to their girlfriend and her family. Never mind the fact the guy is a civilian security guard and that argument does not really cut much ice. And if the guy feels the need to get a weapon without a safety for a job that's primary function is defusing violence and not escalating it then the guy is a loving dope who can't buy the right gun for the right job. That is the attitude of the Florida mom who thought because she was so comfortable with guns she got complacent and started seeing it as an accessory rather than a tool.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Overwined posted:

Oedipus was right.

I'm going to kill my mom so I can gently caress my dad.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Dreddout posted:

I'm going to kill my mom so I can gently caress my dad.

proud of you son

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Lonos Oboe posted:

I thought it was stowed under a car seat? I know highly trained people in services walk around with only the final safety as they are in immediate danger and practically sleep with their guns. But I seriously doubt they jam their loaded, cocked pistols under the car seat that they loan to their girlfriend and her family. Never mind the fact the guy is a civilian security guard and that argument does not really cut much ice. And if the guy feels the need to get a weapon without a safety for a job that's primary function is defusing violence and not escalating it then the guy is a loving dope who can't buy the right gun for the right job. That is the attitude of the Florida mom who thought because she was so comfortable with guns she got complacent and started seeing it as an accessory rather than a tool.

Hardly anyone who carries a handgun for their job in 2016 is going to have a gun with a safety catch, period. Glocks and similar pistols have "safety features" rather than an external safety and if a round is chambered pulling the trigger will fire it. And yes, jamming a holstered loaded pistol under the seat is pretty irresponsible even if you don't plan on letting anyone borrow your car. And who knows why he carries as security? Maybe he works for an armored car company that dictates if you work for them you carry a piece.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

Myron Baloney posted:

Hardly anyone who carries a handgun for their job in 2016 is going to have a gun with a safety catch, period. Glocks and similar pistols have "safety features" rather than an external safety and if a round is chambered pulling the trigger will fire it. And yes, jamming a holstered loaded pistol under the seat is pretty irresponsible even if you don't plan on letting anyone borrow your car. And who knows why he carries as security? Maybe he works for an armored car company that dictates if you work for them you carry a piece.

Ok, sure. I don't actually own a gun so I just assumed that a lot of guns had at least a 2-3 step safety. You obviously are better informed than me on this one. As for the guy, we can spend all day speculating on his lifestyle and career but it doesn't change the fact I think he was a dumbass who got his girlfriend killed through negligence. The few people I knew who carried guns for security professionally were always fastidious about safety so I assumed it was the done thing. I just don't understand this guys thinking, I just think there is no excuse.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

black lives matter?

Brain soup splatter

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Agreed. I lived with a security guard once. Sometimes I'd sit on the couch and realize she left her gun in between the couch cushions.

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

The Light Eternal posted:

Agreed. I lived with a security guard once. Sometimes I'd sit on the couch and realize she left her gun in between the couch cushions.

Maybe all security guards are retarded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

a hole-y ghost posted:

Reaganomics — WTF? It's boring...
ReagaNOMNOMicks — Holy poo poo! It's a freaking funny meme!!! :xd:

That's what happened when you played the name-change roulette back in the LF days.

• Locked thread