Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
i hope flickr stays afloat thats all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this is all you guys worrying about your photos on yahoo services

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
i dont store my photos on flickr but i like to share them on there, and the discussion groups are OK sometimes

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

with a record like this marissa's gonna be vice president someday

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

GameCube posted:

with a record like this marissa's gonna be vice president someday

musk/mayer 2024

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

store your photos on an s3 instance it's pennies a month

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Store your photos inside your cavernous rear end in a top hat! It's free!

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

When I was at a company in teh bay area I had to attend these quarterly risk all hands. A huge auditorium full of people. The CRO was okay, I've since been told she was incompetent, but whatever I never dealt with her. But during those meetings her whole team of sycophants was disgusting. They once made everyone sit through a 30 minute presentation celebrating her 5th year anniversary. It was a surprise her staff put together for her. It was the most kiss rear end thing I've ever seen in my entire life. Then she left to lead legal and all those kiss asses got replaced by the replacement CRO putting his own people in place (none got moved in to legal because they weren't lawyers).

Apr 7, 2003

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

When I was at a company in teh bay area I had to attend these quarterly risk all hands. A huge auditorium full of people. The CRO was okay, I've since been told she was incompetent, but whatever I never dealt with her. But during those meetings her whole team of sycophants was disgusting. They once made everyone sit through a 30 minute presentation celebrating her 5th year anniversary. It was a surprise her staff put together for her. It was the most kiss rear end thing I've ever seen in my entire life. Then she left to lead legal and all those kiss asses got replaced by the replacement CRO putting his own people in place (none got moved in to legal because they weren't lawyers).

We had a "get to know you" meeting with my director at the time, that turned into an hour of her telling us how great her kids and her school district was. Absolutely bizarre.

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

at our last IT all hands they brought up all old male architects (some of whom are real bad) and gave them Distinguished Technologist medals and showed caricatures of them as super heroes and generally lavished praise upon the most pointless and well-paid class of worker at the company. it was very strange and everyone thought it was a bad joke

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Citizen Tayne posted:

Store your photos inside your cavernous rear end in a top hat! It's free!

The storage capacity of my rear end in a top hat is confidential.

Thanks for the advice, goons. I'll just take my horse-drawn buggy to the post office to mail my printed emails to an uncle in North Dakota. Back to in three days.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Is this the thread where I blub about Putin stealing my log in security questions?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Marissa used to be a sexy, prestigious CEO to me, but now she's an embarrassment. i don't even want to look at her. she makes me cringe.

gently caress you marissa.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Marissa used to be a sexy, prestigious CEO to me, but now she's an embarrassment. i don't even want to look at her. she makes me cringe.

gently caress you marissa.

hi cremnob

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Jonny 290 posted:

hi cremnob

i'm not cremnob, but i know his style

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
heyyyyyyyy sexy lady

oppan cremnob style

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
bust on yahoo, bust allll over yahoo

ya-hOOOOooo !!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Sham bam bamina! posted:

heyyyyyyyy sexy lady

oppan cremnob style

:rip:

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Why is my log-in page now in cyrillic?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

yospos blyat

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Jonny 290 posted:

yospos blyat
nope

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

if we spell it ЯХУ we cut our bandwidth usage by 40%

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
according to haveibeenpwned.com my data already got leaked 8 times so i dont think itll make much of a difference

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

talk about laughing all the way to the bank

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Please post marissaonlargeballs.jpg

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

boing

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yahoo and theranos to merge for sick2nasty F/f boardroom fanfic

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

yahoo and theranos to merge for sick2nasty F/f boardroom fanfic

im almost there :jackbud:

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Apparently Yahoo's password was "Yahoo".

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

same

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Apparently Yahoo's password was "Yahoo".

that was insecure, they changed it to Yahoo!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

tahoo is not yahoo

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
when can we start a yahoo death pool?

my prediction is June 12th 2017

Apr 7, 2003

I definitely care about the bust at Yahoo.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
yahoo was sold to Verizon. it is already dead

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Management posted:

yahoo was sold to Verizon. it is already dead
you'd think that but

quote:

Verizon Communications Inc. is exploring a price cut or possible exit from its $4.83 billion pending acquisition of Yahoo! Inc., after the company reported a second major e-mail hack affecting as many as 1 billion users, according to a person familiar with the matter.

While a Verizon group led by AOL Chief Executive Officer Tim Armstrong is still focused on integration planning to get Yahoo up and running, another team, walled off from the rest, is reviewing the breach disclosures and the company’s options, said the person, who asked not to be identified discussing private information.

A legal team led by Verizon General Counsel Craig Silliman is assessing the damage from the breaches and is working toward either killing the deal or renegotiating the Yahoo purchase at a lower price, the person said. One of the major objectives for Verizon is negotiating a separation from any future legal fallout from the breaches. Verizon is seeking to have Yahoo assume any lasting responsibility for the hack damage, the person said.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Citizen Tayne posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

• Locked thread