Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«983 »
  • Locked thread
Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

It's your HPV, Veronica. I'm just carrying it.

Kurtofan posted:

yeah , she asked if she could spend the night at my place because things weren't going so well with her boyfriend, she brought some booze, we had fun into the night, it turned into a naked sleepover of sorts and we started massaging each other at some point and well

it was really good

Why are you enabling cheaters? You could have walked away, but you intentionally slept with this girl and seem to be happy about it. I hope her boyfriend finds out and beats you up, scumbag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

you, my friend, need to work on your boundaries

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Why are you enabling cheaters? You could have walked away, but you intentionally slept with this girl and seem to be happy about it. I hope her boyfriend finds out and beats you up, scumbag.

They're both to blame.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

yeah , she asked if she could spend the night at my place because things weren't going so well with her boyfriend, she brought some booze, we had fun into the night, it turned into a naked sleepover of sorts and we started massaging each other at some point and well

it was really good

Kurtofan you sound like a genuinely awful person to be around. Anxious to the point of utter uselessness regarding things that need to be done such as your thesis, while having no qualms about poo poo like this? Lmao.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

ILL TELL YA BOY LOOK AT THIS KID ISNT HE BEAUTIFUL LOOKIT THA- I TELL YA BOTTOM SIX PLAYIN WITH HEART JUST A- LOOKIT THAT BEAUTIFUL ONTARIA BOY I TELL YA

I'm all for helping a dude with anxiety/stress issues navigate life, but man you need to take a hard look in the mirror now. I don't know the details of the relationship or how things went but knowingly helping somebody cheat on their SO is pretty terrible.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

This thread is the daytime television of millennial goons.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

HONK. HONK. HONK.
WEEE-OOO. WEE-OOO.
HOPE YOU WEREN'T FUCKING SLEEPING

I think he mentioned his friend is poly, but the fact that he mentioned she is in a row with her boyfriend means this isn't a well managed extra relational affair

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

Kurtofan, you should have told people it was cheating with better marketing, or an open relationship as it is known. Then goons could just lol at the inevitable collapse without all the

After you recover from the train wreck that this will lead to, I hope that it will give you the confidence that will lead to a healthy relationship.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Kurtofan posted:

it was really good

*so slowly opens the door as to not make any noise, scurrying behind with back to the wall* "uh, um, hey, uh guys, I... don't mean to bother any of you all but, um, well" *tries to conceal weird smile while pulling at greasy hair* "uh, I finally had uh sex with um a girl" *can't make eye contact with anyone out of shame and anxiety* "it was g-g-great, ohh hehe"

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Octopus Magic posted:

*so slowly opens the door as to not make any noise, scurrying behind with back to the wall* "uh, um, hey, uh guys, I... don't mean to bother any of you all but, um, well" *tries to conceal weird smile while pulling at greasy hair* "uh, I finally had uh sex with um a girl" *can't make eye contact with anyone out of shame and anxiety* "it was g-g-great, ohh hehe"

don't stop, i'm almost there

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

MrPants posted:

Kurtofan, you should have told people it was cheating with better marketing, or an open relationship as it is known. Then goons could just lol at the inevitable collapse without all the

After you recover from the train wreck that this will lead to, I hope that it will give you the confidence that will lead to a healthy relationship.

Thanks, the train wreck with her already kind of happened last year after we stopped dating (she was on a longer break with her boyfriend then, same guy), so maybe that's why I don't feel that anxious about it, I don't have many illusions about this, it's just a fun thing that happened with a girl i used to be with.

I don't think this counts as cheating because she is questioning her relationship, her boyfriend even told her she'd better leave their place to figure things out, even if I think there's a high probability they end up back together

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at Nov 2, 2017 around 08:22

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

HONK. HONK. HONK.
WEEE-OOO. WEE-OOO.
HOPE YOU WEREN'T FUCKING SLEEPING

Kurtofan posted:

Thanks, the train wreck with her already kind of happened last year after we stopped dating (she was on a longer break with her boyfriend then, same guy), so maybe that's why I don't feel that anxious about it, I don't have many illusions about this, it's just a fun thing that happened with a girl i used to be with. It was a trainwreck of epic proportions, but it did lead me to start dating, which i think is a good thing? maybe not for women

I don't think this counts as cheating because she is questioning her relationship, her boyfriend even told her she'd better leave their place to figure things out, even if I think there's a high probability they end up back together (thats what was kind of hard to swallow last year, this time I'm really expecting anything)

Oh so not poly just looking for an excuse to cheat

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

Mocking Bird posted:

Oh so not poly just looking for an excuse to cheat

Well, she told me she is interested in poly, but yeah she is not in a poly relationship

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at Jul 15, 2017 around 05:02

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 21, 2011

her interest in polyamory means nothing if she's not in a poly relationship

i mean, whatever, it's not your job to police this woman's relationship, but i hope you know if you end up with this woman she will cheat on you and your delicate psyche will be so crushed by the World's Most Predictable Adultering that you'll probably lock yourself in your room for a decade or something.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 21, 2011

i don't think this counts as cheating because she is questioning her relationship my dude are you actually a loving 13 year old hahahaha

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.

I mean sleeping with someone doesn't mean the morning after you're deciding on whether its gonna be orchids or dandelions as the place settings for your wedding.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Of course not, the morning after is the time to make up bullshit reasons why cheating is not really cheating. She was thinking about poly, guys, and questioning her relationship, it can't be cheating!

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Popping brain cells

Literally everybody in this world who has cheated on their relationship did so because they were at least questioning said relationship. That's a non-excuse

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

consider this your warning: if you defend poly people again i will make you cry, and none of your secondaries will be able to do a thing about it.

Hit me, I'm in a poly relationship right now and feeling fine.

In fact I came here to say that after more than a year of him being fine and supportive of our relationship, my girlfriend's fiancee has finally told his parents about it. They took it really well! They were the last people who didn't know who we were even slightly worried how they were going to take it, so l think coming out to practically all of our friends is going to happen pretty soon.

(None of the characters in this story have BPD)

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Kurtofan posted:

I don't think this counts as cheating because she is questioning her relationship

lol this right here is Rationalizing: The Post.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

I don't think this counts as cheating because she is questioning her relationship

I just wanted to pop in to say, as someone who was cheated on during some difficult times in a relationship, gently caress you so goddamn hard for this. Seriously just gently caress you.

gently caress you

e: Like gently caress, it was even towards the end of a 5 goddamn year long relationship we started when I was 18. The more I think about it the more angry this makes me

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

Bad storm coming, better run to the top of the mountain.

Garrand posted:

I just wanted to pop in to say, as someone who was cheated on during some difficult times in a relationship, gently caress you so goddamn hard for this. Seriously just gently caress you.

gently caress you

e: Like gently caress, it was even towards the end of a 5 goddamn year long relationship we started when I was 18. The more I think about it the more angry this makes me

Quite.

gently caress off and die seems an underwhelming curse, seeing as Kurt clearly lacks the necessary self reflection to care here, let alone understand why he's such a piece of poo poo.

Bloody Cat Farm
Oct 20, 2010

I can smell your pussy, Clarice.

It's just weird that someone who has SO MUCH anxiety, wondering if they we even hanging up the phone properly, couldn't care less about how they come off in a situation like this. I don't get it.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

$$ Pffft, what do squids know about spending money? $$

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Cat Farm posted:

It's just weird that someone who has SO MUCH anxiety, wondering if they we even hanging up the phone properly, couldn't care less about how they come off in a situation like this. I don't get it.

"Doesn't matter, had sex"

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Jesus tap dancing Christ. I leave you people alone for a couple of days and Kurt has become a Zen master of enabling cheaters, Raygun is still being an rear end in a top hat about polyamory and I'm pretty sure I saw Gatts say something, I don't remember I try not to think about his posts too hard.

Hooboy.

Kurt, you're an rear end in a top hat in this situation. Plain and simple, especially because you know she's in a non open/poly relationship. Good job with that. If you have a modicum of a soul or sense of shame you will feel awful about this. You really, really hosed up here duder.

I suggest you tighten up them boundaries and avoid this girl from here on out because this is two steps away from being a massive on going cluster gently caress. I mean it's basically there anyway but whatever.

Raygun, how about no one gives a poo poo about your opinion on other people's relationship choices. Live and let live you turd.

I mean I get it. Your village was destroyed by the marauding Polyamorus Empire and you've sworn your revenge with the help of Crom or not, but you seriously sound like an rear end in a top hat. Let that poo poo go and stop worrying about how other people decide to live their lives unless it directly effects you, which it doesn't unless THE POLY IS COMING FROM INSIDE YOU ALL ALONG!

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Not a Children posted:

"Doesn't matter, had sex"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

maybe because what i'm doing doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, my friend is already looking to meet people on okcupid, I didn't initiate the break with her bf, I just feel happy that even after all this time they still can think of me this way, and i see it as a mark of affection between friends, not a horrid affair of homewreckers. i understand why people don't see it this way, and after all you're probably right since i have no maturity whatsoever with this

edit: also maybe i don't care about the guy's feelings because i feel like he hosed me last year, even if he didn't know about me at the time, i can see why its unfair

edit: i posted this before seeing your post joylessdivision, sorry if i came off as flippant

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at Jul 15, 2017 around 13:41

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Bloody Cat Farm posted:

It's because the basis for millenial 'anxiety' is its use as an excuse to avoid any and all short term discomfort or difficulty. Plus sympathy, woe is me.

loving his friend was neither uncomfortable or hard so it surprises me not at all that someone prepared to avoid as much personal responsibility as possible in their life has justified cheating before, during and after the fact.

You're a pretty pathetic piece of poo poo Kurtofan.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

maybe because what i'm doing doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, my friend is already looking to meet people on okcupid, I didn't initiate the break with her bf, I just feel happy that even after all this time they still can think of me this way, and i see it as a mark of affection between friends, not a horrid affair of homewreckers. i understand why people don't see it this way, and after all you're probably right since i have no maturity whatsoever with this

edit: also maybe i don't care about the guy's feelings because i feel like he hosed me last year, even if he didn't know about me at the time, i can see why its unfair

edit: i posted this before seeing your post joylessdivision, sorry if i came off as flippant

I can see where you're coming from, but you still hosed up. This is a toxic relationship all around, and the sooner you get the gently caress away from it the better.

Also don't think with your dick.

I'm not saying you need to wear a scarlet letter the rest of your days for being a dumb gently caress, but you really need to take a step back and really look at this situation objectively. You got a modicum of revenge on a dude who has done nothing to you directly (from what I'm remembering) other than being dumb enough to be the boyfriend of your friend who has her own bag of issues from what I've gathered from your posts.

So woo-hoo for getting laid I guess, but this is one of those things you probably should file away into the "Never talk about again" part of your brain because you'll get 0 sympathy from anyone if you bring this up, as proven by the response here.

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bloody Cat Farm posted:

yeah, that's the most puzzling part to me

Blitter posted:

It's because the basis for millenial

lol shut up

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

Bad storm coming, better run to the top of the mountain.

LOL. "This guy didn't know about me but had the audacity to be the boyfriend of the girl Iiked, so I did nothing wrong by sleeping with her and got revenge! "

dude, do you really expect people to react positively to that?

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

Second date and date 1 of 2 with beautiful project manager went super well. We had Ethopian food and wine at a festival. We listened to an awesome band play as she told me more about herself and somehow hadn't yet run out of admirable things that she does and involved in. She listened to a small portion of what a human trash fire I am without ending the date immediately proving she was also capable of making bad decisions with her life. I took her on the Ferris wheel and kissed her while we waiting at the top. We went for late night chocolate fondue and drinks then walked around in the night air.

Tonight we are doing a beer flight at a brew pub that has unique and interesting craft beers then we will watch Spaceballs in a park.

She invited me to go with her to the ren fair in two weeks. We're also going to see the Dark Tower movie in 3 weeks because we are both huge fans of the books.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Lol if you're going to gently caress someone else's s/o just loving own up to it and admit that you don't really give a poo poo about the other people involved. Why reveal how loving stupid you are thinking anybody is going to buy those justifications?

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!

Dinosaur Gum

In breach of thread convention, I chatted online most of last night with a lady I matched with, on a variety of heady and personal topics. Can't actually meet in person just yet though because she has a cold, so probably have to wait a week.

Will report back when the actual first date ends up being a major disappointment.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

NZAmoeba posted:

In breach of thread convention, I chatted online most of last night with a lady I matched with, on a variety of heady and personal topics. Can't actually meet in person just yet though because she has a cold, so probably have to wait a week.

Will report back when the actual first date ends up being a major disappointment.

A cold? Sounds like a flimsy excuse. You should give her the cold shoulder and make it sound like she's the jerk

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

MrPants posted:

Second date and date 1 of 2 with beautiful project manager went super well. We had Ethopian food and wine at a festival. We listened to an awesome band play as she told me more about herself and somehow hadn't yet run out of admirable things that she does and involved in. She listened to a small portion of what a human trash fire I am without ending the date immediately proving she was also capable of making bad decisions with her life. I took her on the Ferris wheel and kissed her while we waiting at the top. We went for late night chocolate fondue and drinks then walked around in the night air.

Tonight we are doing a beer flight at a brew pub that has unique and interesting craft beers then we will watch Spaceballs in a park.

She invited me to go with her to the ren fair in two weeks. We're also going to see the Dark Tower movie in 3 weeks because we are both huge fans of the books.

this is cute.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

A cold? Sounds like a flimsy excuse. You should give her the cold shoulder and make it sound like she's the jerk

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

ILL TELL YA BOY LOOK AT THIS KID ISNT HE BEAUTIFUL LOOKIT THA- I TELL YA BOTTOM SIX PLAYIN WITH HEART JUST A- LOOKIT THAT BEAUTIFUL ONTARIA BOY I TELL YA

I'm talking to a history major and things are going fairly well so far .

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

It's your HPV, Veronica. I'm just carrying it.

MrPants posted:

This is actually very cute and I wish you all the best in eating more delicious Ethiopian food.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

Kurtofan posted:

I just feel happy that even after all this time they still can think of me this way, and i see it as a mark of affection between friends,

Friends don't toss out casual pity/desperation fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Goons who have multiple dates with different people every week and maintain conversations with multiple matches on tinder/bumble, I don't know how you do it. One match/date per week is enough for me, I feel like it becomes a second job if I increase the pace.

• Locked thread
«983 »