Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Got it for my birthday, first crate comes when I'm out and someone else receives it. Then the next month comes and I discover the truth.

Guy knocks on my door at noon: I am mildly indisposed so I yell "JUST A MINUTE!". Open door twenty seconds later, guy's gone left the package at my door.

This month guy comes at 4 PM, I buzz him in, he knocks at my door, I open it, he sticks the package in my hand and turns on his heel like he was offended to present me with it. The answer is clear: postal workers have a vendetta against delivering nerd poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

go gently caress yourself and ll gently caress ur dad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
They also hate dogs!

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
haha buzzing a dude in what are you three olives or something?!

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
gently caress you for making me google lootcrate

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
LootAnime

Edit: Oh look LootGAMING has a Pac-Man mug that I got back in 1981 when everyone had Pac-Man Fever.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Apr 30, 2016

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Iron Prince posted:

haha buzzing a dude in what are you three olives or something?!

Is this a joke about condos or gay buttsex?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

FIRST TIME posted:

Is this a joke about condos or gay buttsex?

not so much a joke as it is a fantasy

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Why buy crappy loot crates when you can just watch Ashens sneer at them on YouTube for free? It's always garbage.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I've seen them open those Lootcrates on youtube. There's nothing but trash inside, why would anyone buy them?

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

basement jihadist posted:

go gently caress yourself and ll gently caress ur dad

What a deal!

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Loot crates look like garbage. Thanks for your time

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Cornwind Evil posted:

Got it for my birthday, first crate comes when I'm out and someone else receives it. Then the next month comes and I discover the truth.

Guy knocks on my door at noon: I am mildly indisposed so I yell "JUST A MINUTE!". Open door twenty seconds later, guy's gone left the package at my door.

This month guy comes at 4 PM, I buzz him in, he knocks at my door, I open it, he sticks the package in my hand and turns on his heel like he was offended to present me with it. The answer is clear: postal workers have a vendetta against delivering nerd poo poo.

No they're just assholes to everyone.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Why buy crappy loot crates when you can just watch Ashens sneer at them on YouTube for free? It's always garbage.

It's like getting all the value and more!

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I almost always have great experiences dealing with the post office

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
anyone with a sense of shame hates lootcrate

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I went to a post office a few weeks ago to ask a few questions. And literally was nice as possible the lady never said a word to me just pointed at poo poo then left the room as I told her to "have a nice day."

What I"m trying to say is government employees are lazy, assholish, and paid too much. They know they pretty much can't lose their jobs so they don't care.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

ChrisHansen posted:

I almost always have great experiences dealing with the post office

do tell.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I am legitimately, unironically baffled that LootCrate is a thing, and is in fact a pretty popular thing, and that it is in any way a profitable venture.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Microwaves Mom posted:

I went to a post office a few weeks ago to ask a few questions. And literally was nice as possible the lady never said a word to me just pointed at poo poo then left the room as I told her to "have a nice day."

What I"m trying to say is government employees are lazy, assholish, and paid too much. They know they pretty much can't lose their jobs so they don't care.

The USPS doesn't receive tax dollars, are they technically government employees?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Heath posted:

The USPS doesn't receive tax dollars, are they technically government employees?

pretty sure they get government money and pensions.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Heath posted:

They're a semi-private organization. It's all really convoluted.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
If it's anything like other national postal services, they actually are owned by the government but they pay their own employees with their own profits. Also, profits are handed over to the government at the end of the day so no, your tax dollars are not paying their salary and they are actually helping fund services you use.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Loot crate arrives
Postman averts his eyes
Funko Pop wet with dew

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Heath posted:

I am legitimately, unironically baffled that LootCrate is a thing, and is in fact a pretty popular thing, and that it is in any way a profitable venture.

Nerds buying garbage except now they don't even have to pick out the garbage themselvrs

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I think the best part about loot crate is its like a random garbo bag of swag. You don't even know 100% what you're going to get. It could be that new zelda 3ds (lol yeah right buddy) or it could be a bag of used nintendo condoms!

Its like publisher house clearing for nerds.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

plz upload vids when you hotglue your generic vinyl avengers toys

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
It's always gonna be the used condoms :ssh:

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
Aren't the contents of a lootcrate basically just swag that you'd get at a live event/convention? Like the type of thing you just want to get rid of because it is all poo poo

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Hi I'm an american postman I just dump your mail at your doorstep and leave, hope no one steals it

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I have a bored housewife next stop, I don't have time for your nerd poo poo

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
agreed I'd rather they waited until I got done taking a poo poo too

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
One of the most depressing things I've ever heard of, up there with 'the girlfriend experience' and those anime pillow things.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i just order so much stuff on amazon that i've forgotten what i ordered already 2 days later when it shows up. so not only is it a surprise but its also stuff i actually needed/wanted. like loot crate but better

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I have a subscription to the dollar shave club, and have had all sorts of trouble getting them delivered lately. After having delivered them no problem for a year and a half, they left a "sorry we missed you" card (even though I was home, they never knocked). The card claimed that it was sent insured mail and I had to sign for it or pick it up. I contacted dollar shave club and they said they don't send anything insured.

I filled out the card saying to bring it back, but they never took the card. Finally I saw the mail lady so I have her the card. It still didn't come so a few days later i saw her again and asked about it. She laughed and said "those cards don't matter, you need to pick it up". I said, "how, you took it?" and she laughed again and said I would never get it.

I emailed the past office website and said that happened, and the next day a guy from the office drive his personal car over with my package. The next 3 months I didn't get my razors, even though they were sent. I didn't notice because I had plenty of backup blades. Month 4 I come home and all 4 boxes are crammed into my box, all postdated when they should have been sent.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
One in five loot crates should contain a psychotic contortionist who wants to kill you (a Mimic).

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

EL BROMANCE posted:

Just do this. Sometimes he torches poo poo from them, too!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

anyone with a sense of shame hates lootcrate

I have no sense of shame and still hate lootcrate.

Think I'd be perfect for a post office job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The post office should hire a guy whose job is to poo poo in all the Lootcrates and see if the people getting them notice.

• Locked thread