Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
WELCOME TO GMT+12 WHERE EVERYTHING IS MADE UP AND THE POINTS DON'T MATTER

I've actually jumped the gun on my own timezone but I put so much effort into this post last month and I didn't even get to use it so shhhh no more tears only dreams now. Besides, it's may in New Zealand, and it wasn't even April in New Zealand when the April thread went up.

For those that are late;

This is a chat thread for anyone who reads AI. We talk about computers, life, how much alcohol we drink, how long it will take Ricco to relapse and fail a pee test at his new job, where it's finally getting warm in the USA, STR amuses us with delivery driver stories, Mad Max, I occasionally slam truth bombs while CAT INTERCEPTOR infects our minds and sends us all to the cycle asylum, meatpimp insults everyone, we post cat pics, whatever! Just imagine this as one large garage and we are all pretending to work on some broken rear end Falcon Coupe while talking poo poo about anything that comes up. Anyone who is just wandering by, stop and say hello! We don't bite and we're a pretty chilled out bunch of normal people. Except apparently when [list of topics you already know to avoid] comes up. anyway.

aw yeah check out that sweet-rear end setting

I stole half of that paragraph from CAT INTERCEPTOR and the January chat thread and I am not ashamed IN THE SLIGHTEST

ONLY FIVE MONTHS OF FALCON PRODUCTION REMAIN, GOODNIGHT SWEET PRINCE

Your theme music for this morning's commute and this month's thread, TURBO KILLER;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er416Ad3R1g

An alternative in the same vein, Graveyard Shift;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4nkP9xU2dE

REV UP YOUR ENGINES IT'S TIME TO SHUT DOWN THE SCOTTY KILMER CHANNEL PERMANENTLY AND WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
loving time jumpers!

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
WHEN THIS THREAD HITS 88 POSTS PER HOUR YOU'RE GONNA SEE SOME SERIOUS poo poo, MARTY

E: vvvv Thanks dad :sun: :love:

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 30, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
AHAHAHA good OP and nice sniping :D

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
They're going to discontinue the Falcon? Aw, man... :sigh:

Still April for another nine hours or so here, but May and double digit temps can't come soon enough. It was snowing and 2.5C last week here.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

There were so many wonderful chat thread title potentials in the last thread I hope someone wrote them down.

Helping my brother move today into their new house. Really excited for them!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Well at this rate I'll never start a chat thread, oh well at least I can get on the first page of this one.

Helped brother load up the E28 535is parts car last night onto a tow dolly. Bad part was he forgot the key, wheels were at full lock, had to push it up hill and we didn't have a jack or come-along. That is one heavy rear end car but we got it done. Then we took the 928 out to celebrate, let him drive and we got the best parking spot. Two people looking at it today, here's hoping I end the day with some cash in my pocket.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

literally a fish posted:

Your theme music for this morning's commute and this month's thread, TURBO KILLER;

Thanks. Nice tune!. Reminds me of the first Justice album, which I loved.

Having read up on Carpenter Brut, it looks like they are a live band too which includes members of some great French metal bands (Klone and Hacride). Gonna be an interesting live gig!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Somebody has a huge hard on for making the monthly chat threads. That is a really sad crown to wear.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

My brother is great. He had no mechanical aptitude until he bought a knackered Spitfire, learnt everything. This week he picked up new timing gear and fast road cams and sent me pictures of the neat stuff the shop had in front, i.e. Prototype hatchback Triumph Herald. In the background, real AC Cobra.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Got my ibera rack for my bicycle yesterday. Super excited to do some useful cycling this year.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

literally a fish posted:

That was loving cool.

I've gotten up early on a Saturday morning (a thing I hate to do) to water the lawn. Coffee, give me strength!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Watching F1 qualifying and two questions asked by two separate presenters to drivers:

quote:

...can yourun me through a qualifying lap?..

Cue the driver basically trying to make 'drive really fast' sound interesting

quote:

...are you going to have to pass people in order to move up the field?..

Again cue the driver trying to string out an explanation that's simply 'yes'

Why is sport commentary so loving awful at times? Most football matches I watch have the commentators essentially saying 'to win team x needs to score more than team y' and I'd rather just have the loving crowd noise than that level of idiocy.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

It's still over 12 hours until May in the dry land of snakes and scorpions, so hello future!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Locator posted:

It's still over 12 hours until May in the dry land of snakes and scorpions, so hello future!

Eventually it will work like a car model year where the july chat thread will start on june 10th.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde
05:00 GMT+10: Nurse will not stop asking patient who is inexplicably in the hallway outside my room despite 3/4 of the ward being empty if he wants a cup of white tea

woman it is 5am he doesn't want a cup of tea he wants to sleep

so did i until you woke me up parroting "cuppa tea????"

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
IT IS NOT MAY YET

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
What are you doing in the hospital, laf?

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

Geirskogul posted:

IT IS NOT MAY YET

IT IS TOO YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD YOU CAN'T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE

bolind posted:

What are you doing in the hospital, laf?

Sleeve gastrectomy operation. Inside 12 months there should be 50% less laf per laf (by mass)

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Good luck in becoming half a fish.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

The Locator posted:

Good luck in becoming half a fish.

If I'm becoming half a fish, and you get two fillets from a fish...

Would that make me a fish filet?

Burgerluminati confirmed.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Take Fridays in Lent off work for your own safety. :p

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

Liquid Communism posted:

Take Fridays in Lent off work for your own safety. :p

No one man should have all this tartare sauce

This video is amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_9v-7rtVDk (via Tremek in NEAI IRC)

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I hope the May thread goes better than the April one.

:colbert:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

bolind posted:

They're going to discontinue the Falcon? Aw, man... :sigh:

Honestly with Ford axing most market specific models years ago I'm surprised it lasted this long.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde
It's dying along with all other automotive manufacturing in :australia:, it's just the first to go - october this year for the Falcon, then Holden are shutting down next year, then Toyota in 2018. All 3 are retaining their R&D facilities and small-volume custom-vehicle facilities, and Toyota are retaining their hybrid powertrain factory, but actual vehicle production is going bye-bye. :smith:

On the other hand this will open the door nice and wide to various imports and allow us to get rid of a couple ridiculous import taxes that were introduced solely to subsidize our local manufacturing industry so they could barely keep pace with international manufacturing, so it's not all bad.

And apparently Chevrolet are going to build the SS in LA and ship them back here, also, so the Commodore/SS will live on, at least for the next year or two.

E: vvv I honestly only wanted to snipe this one so bad cause I wrote most of that up for last month and it was so rudely taken from me when it wasn't even april anywhere yet :sun:

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 1, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Promise to and also put some effort into an OP and we'll let you have it

meatpimp posted:

Somebody has a huge hard on for making the monthly chat threads. That is a really sad crown to wear.

No, just got tired of the very low effort thread sniping. Put some effort into it when making an OP. Plus.....

quote:

For those that are late;

This is a chat thread for anyone who reads AI. We talk about computers, life, how much alcohol we drink, how long it will take Ricco to relapse and fail a pee test at his new job, where it's finally getting warm in the USA, STR amuses us with delivery driver stories, Mad Max, I occasionally slam truth bombs while CAT INTERCEPTOR infects our minds and sends us all to the cycle asylum, meatpimp insults everyone, we post cat pics, whatever! Just imagine this as one large garage and we are all pretending to work on some broken rear end Falcon Coupe while talking poo poo about anything that comes up. Anyone who is just wandering by, stop and say hello! We don't bite and we're a pretty chilled out bunch of normal people. Except apparently when [list of topics you already know to avoid] comes up. anyway.

:D

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Anyone have any thoughts on having children or any strong opinions about handheld consumer electronics?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Because the Russian GP is tomorrow.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

What's it like in the future, Fish? Is it everything we were promised?

There are still four cold, rainy hours left in April here in Detroit, which means that it's still my birthday. Tonight I'm going out to a drag bar with my band and assorted hangers onto get stupid, then tomorrow an apocalyptically hungover brunch at my favorite bar. I don't have to adult until Monday, and it feels good, man.

MustardFacial posted:

Because the Russian GP is tomorrow.

I see your Baltika and raise you an ice cold Zywiec

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

fyodor posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on having children or any strong opinions about handheld consumer electronics?

I use my iPhone to capture the happy moments of my children so I can remember that there are happy moments when they are busy making me crazy. The Mrs. Heroic and I are likely going to be heading in for round 3 at the end of this year, heaven help us.

My views are my own, but seriously don't have any kids if you don't want them. For me and the wife they are our whole world though. Completely crazy about them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The future sucks.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Promise to and also put some effort into an OP and we'll let you have it
Was joking, I don't want it

fyodor posted:

Nope none whatsoever. I like dogs, here's Mom's 12 week old pup

Beer festival in town, rained for a good 1/4 of it. Still some drat good beer and good times. They really should have worked with some of the local food trucks though, would have made a killing.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

meatpimp posted:

Usually I agree with you but this is just rude.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

NitroSpazzz posted:

Nope none whatsoever. I like dogs, here's Mom's 12 week old pup

Holy poo poo. GIVE THAT DOGGE ALL THE PETTES RIGHT NOW.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

literally a fish posted:

ONLY FIVE MONTHS OF FALCON PRODUCTION REMAIN, GOODNIGHT SWEET PRINCE
I'll be coming across some money soon, and flipping the mental coin whether to get a new FGX Falcon or go for a second hand Ecoboost G6/G6E.

Kinda be a good bookend to go with my XP Falcon ute

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Holy gently caress Orphan Black.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
The Lotus Esprit was my childhood dream car. I told myself I would never bother with one unless it was an S4S in a nice color like silver.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162049210344?rmvSB=true

gently caress. I should really put that money to college savings for my kid instead. Right? Right?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Geirskogul posted:

IT IS NOT MAY YET

Close enough for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B0hoJCRXn0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

blk posted:

The Lotus Esprit was my childhood dream car. I told myself I would never bother with one unless it was an S4S in a nice color like silver.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162049210344?rmvSB=true

gently caress. I should really put that money to college savings for my kid instead. Right? Right?

Is your kid smart enough for an academic scholarship?

• Locked thread