Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BloodBag posted:

Fuckin got em. :thurman:

I'd be amazed if corn posted the next month thread with a comprehensive discourse on his reading preferences.

But he won't, because while he's fully capable of picking low-hanging fruit, he seems to be incapable of anything that involves actual thought or effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

meatpimp posted:

I'd be amazed if corn posted the next month thread with a comprehensive discourse on his reading preferences.

But he won't, because while he's fully capable of picking low-hanging fruit, he seems to be incapable of anything that involves actual thought or effort.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778319

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

That involved no thought or effort.

My vote is to keep this thread open until July.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

meatpimp posted:

That involved no thought or effort.

:agreed:

Must spend a fortune on belly button window cleaner with his head so far up his rear end.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Accidentally posted this in the False Chat Thread:

I'm seeing a few Overwatch people! Add ridleyscott#1423 if you wanna keep me from finishing any car projects :buddy:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

May Chat Thread: Also the June Chat Thread

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The Transformers: The Movie (1986)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CharlesM posted:

The touch. The power.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

88h88 posted:

The touch. The power.

Yeah.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfAEFZh-YiY

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

So many fresh "me @ ur posting" gif options lately.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

meatpimp posted:

Noooo... despite starting out okay, this chat thread has devolved into an ugly black ooze of complaining and bitterness. It needs to die.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Isn't that pretty much par for the course for chat threads?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

leica posted:

Isn't that pretty much par for the course for chat threads?

AI.txt

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I vote keep it open until July

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

The electoral college gives no shits about your votes.

Busy couple of weeks means skipping 10+ pages of posts. I'll save some replies for the one true chat thread that the literal fish will post but I will say congrats on fatherhood to MustardFacial. It's to most aggravating and rewarding thing you'll ever experience and you'll want to be good at.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I keep reading the thread title as "ethnics in rice cooking."

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CharlesM posted:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Two legit things my MIL said to me:

"Don't sweep up now, it's bad luck to sweep at night"
"Turn the Air Conditioning on. Cold air makes that baby's skin fairer."

Both times I laughed in her face and walked away. I want this loving nutcase out of my house.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

MustardFacial posted:

Both times I laughed in her face and walked away. I want this loving nutcase out of my house.

Sonny you better not be fixing that car! Don't you know it's a full moon today?!

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

I don't know about babies but my dog has the fairest skin around and he's in an air conditioned room during the day.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

MustardFacial posted:

Wait whaaaat is that some racist claptrap?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

iwentdoodie posted:

If you like guitars, music, Metallica, or just cool poo poo period, then watch this video.

https://youtu.be/yzwPZ27ju5I

OK, that was just fuckin' cool.
The rest of his channel is... interesting, as well. Banjo and Ukulele covers of Metallica, anyone?

some texas redneck posted:

annnnd just spat out a tooth.

Jeez, I just had to have mine pulled 'cuz it was floating around unanchored. Still waiting on the damned lab to deliver the bridge.

Raluek posted:

Money, probably. A lot of jobs don't have very good dental insurance, and for some reason dental isn't considered part of health.

That's the part that startled me. Deductable on my health insurance is $3500. Max PAYOUT (not max out of pocket) is $3500 on the dental. Madness! I'm halfway there with just this extraction and bridge. Biannual cleanings are free at least.

Windows 10: I let my Mac Pro's Windows partition upgrade last week. So far, not bad. No major probs despite being a Mac, and one old enough to not have official Apple Boot Camp drivers for 10.

e: almost forgot - did a car thing over the weekend. Basically washed and cleaned up around my '79 RX-7 (with blown engine) so I could put a car cover on it. It was gathering junk in the body seams, and starting to collect smutz on what was left of the paint. I just put a cheap one-layer cover on it, but it will keep leaves and dirt out, for the most part. Felt good to do something for the poor, disabled thing. Now to sell some of my other junk to fix that one.

e2: June thread already?

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 1, 2016

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

its bah weep grah nah weep mini-bon

you just declared interstellar war

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

MustardFacial posted:

Indian mother in laws what up.

She may want to put a knife under the baby's pillow, I recommend acquiring a stiff folding knife if your wife wants it too.

This is the price you're paying for eager babysitting at any time :haw:

Edit: tell her no Fair & Lovely on the baby. Indian people get really weird about fair skin.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 (which I loved but I wanted the performance bump) and now my wireless internet connection is dropping out every few minutes. Anyone know if there's a quick fix for this?

Also everybody apparently thinks aero is ugly and dated but I prefer it over these ugly flat solid taskbars. :colbert:

On the upside this fairly old computer does feel a bit faster with 10. I feel like boot times are drastically improved. I have an nvidia card and noticed a bit of a frame rate increase in games too.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 1, 2016

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

CharlesM posted:

*Bumblebee trips and says "oh poo poo" for no reason*

MustardFacial posted:

Did you point out that your being white probably helps more? Just assuming you're white.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Pham Nuwen posted:

Indian mother in laws what up.

She may want to put a knife under the baby's pillow, I recommend acquiring a stiff folding knife if your wife wants it too.

This is the price you're paying for eager babysitting at any time :haw:

Edit: tell her no Fair & Lovely on the baby. Indian people get really weird about fair skin.

My wife and I watched that Meet the Patels (I think is what it was called) documentary on Netflix and it was fascinating to see dating and courtship in another culture. They talked a lot about skin tone.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kimbo305 posted:

Just assuming you're white.

Pfft, racist.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

May is almost over!

I did my first for-real with free weights dead-lifts today and I'm still able to walk (at least for now) so I guess I didn't completely gently caress it up.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Locator posted:

I did dead-lifts today and I'm still able to walk

Pussy

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

The Locator posted:

May is almost over!

I did my first for-real with free weights dead-lifts today and I'm still able to walk (at least for now) so I guess I didn't completely gently caress it up.

Deadlifts are rad. Gotta not gently caress em up, though. Listen to your body cuz you could do what I did and sprain your back and pinch your sciatic nerves!

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Just had to restart again because Windows 10 decided to suddenly not recognize any USB device plugged into the PC. :stare:

I've made a huge mistake.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Previa_fun posted:

Just had to restart again because Windows 10 decided to suddenly not recognize any USB device plugged into the PC. :stare:

I've made a huge mistake.

Yuuuuuge.

WIth PC gaming and video gaming in general turning into massive poo poo, i doubt i'll bother upgrading my PC for a pretty long time.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Powershift posted:

Yuuuuuge.

WIth PC gaming and video gaming in general turning into massive poo poo, i doubt i'll bother upgrading my PC for a pretty long time.

Gaming has always been poo poo.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Gaming has always been poo poo.

I like you, but Jesus you really are an old man yelling at a cloud some days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I heard you guys like frozen vegetables

• Locked thread