Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm gonna play the uncharted for a week or so and then sell it. maybe same for mirrors edge but i might wait on that to be 30 dollars this holiday because i don't trust ea

^^
do you have raccoons in the uk? they're really adorable when not rabid

no we have foxes and badgers instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

no we have foxes and badgers instead

we got skunks instead of badgers. it sucks.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

we got skunks instead of badgers. it sucks.

at least htiting a skunk in ur car wont write it off tho

disgraced with myself that i still havnt finished ds3... ithink im gonna plug away at it now. in the name of may!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

at least htiting a skunk in ur car wont write it off tho

disgraced with myself that i still havnt finished ds3... ithink im gonna plug away at it now. in the name of may!!

i got to boreal valley but stopped for a few days. gotta keep going.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fire Emblem finally comes out here this month

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
*a darkie enjoying hte illegal drug*

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

i got to boreal valley but stopped for a few days. gotta keep going.

i was a bit busy for a couple of days so im at a boss (i wont spoil). lets push thru together into a brighter future of may

Sakurazuka posted:

Fire Emblem finally comes out here this month

where?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

hmm both of these options semm... sub par?? have u considered one of the many fun releases this month?
Like what

I hate my stupid PS4 sometimes. It's the last day of the month so I have to be careful not to go over my bandwidth cap or Comcast will charge me extra. I have all automatic downloads disabled in my PS4 system settings. But I go and turn the PS4 on just now and it ignores that setting and queues up like ten game updates while I start watching a Twitch stream, so I have to go and delete them from queue. Each update is usually at least two or three GB so ten of them basically means poo poo out almost a week's bandwidth in one shot

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CrashCat posted:

Like what

I hate my stupid PS4 sometimes. It's the last day of the month so I have to be careful not to go over my bandwidth cap or Comcast will charge me extra. I have all automatic downloads disabled in my PS4 system settings. But I go and turn the PS4 on just now and it ignores that setting and queues up like ten game updates while I start watching a Twitch stream, so I have to go and delete them from queue. Each update is usually at least two or three GB so ten of them basically means poo poo out almost a week's bandwidth in one shot

doom4?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Last month I finally learned how to play a Dark Souls game without being a baby so now I am going to finish up DS3 and then go crazy with all the souls games and bloodborne

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

doom4?
Won't it just be called Doom again

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Adam Bowen posted:

Last month I finally learned how to play a Dark Souls game without being a baby so now I am going to finish up DS3 and then go crazy with all the souls games and bloodborne

nice... ur in for a treat. i envy ur life

CrashCat posted:

Won't it just be called Doom again

Doom Forever

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Doom 4 Sure

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Why would anyone play Doom?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

maybe they are just in the doom mood

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

grandpas longing for a s impler time.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

update: I played a few songs of Guitar Hero Live and enjoyed it. The three finger/six button setup is kinda easier but I still suck. Looking forward to playing along to random poo poo without having to buy a collection all over again.

Some day I'll get an Xbox One and then I can import alldisappointingly few of my poor stranded Rock Band tracks

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MERJhTprNpw

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Ugx1Mf-CU

Shadow of the Beast: looks interesting, not my cup though
TMNT: all footage looks like the combat is boring(compared at least with platinum themselves)
Total Warhammer: Will definitely wait to purchase a definitive edition if i don't get it for my birthday
Battleborn: Lmao absolute garbage
Homefront: Liked the first game, could be cool
Valkyria Chronicles: Already have it, weird that they're remastering it instead of producing a new one or translating a different entry in the series
Overwatch: Meh, will probably never own because Blizzard never does sales and mp only games are not worth full price, ever.
Mirrors Edge: Not the gameplay i would want in an open world setting, waiting to see how bad they fd up
DO4M: MP seems generic, and 13 hours of that lovely shotgun sounds terrible sp
Uncharted 4: I love/hate Uncharted. Terrible writing, loathable characters, awful encounter design and enemy design. loving gorgeous and great gameplay though.

Overall if this is what we're supposed to look forward too, Stux has it right, DS3 for May game of the month.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Nice

Nasgate posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Ugx1Mf-CU

Shadow of the Beast: looks interesting, not my cup though
TMNT: all footage looks like the combat is boring(compared at least with platinum themselves)
Total Warhammer: Will definitely wait to purchase a definitive edition if i don't get it for my birthday
Battleborn: Lmao absolute garbage
Homefront: Liked the first game, could be cool
Valkyria Chronicles: Already have it, weird that they're remastering it instead of producing a new one or translating a different entry in the series
Overwatch: Meh, will probably never own because Blizzard never does sales and mp only games are not worth full price, ever.
Mirrors Edge: Not the gameplay i would want in an open world setting, waiting to see how bad they fd up
DO4M: MP seems generic, and 13 hours of that lovely shotgun sounds terrible sp
Uncharted 4: I love/hate Uncharted. Terrible writing, loathable characters, awful encounter design and enemy design. loving gorgeous and great gameplay though.

Overall if this is what we're supposed to look forward too, Stux has it right, DS3 for May game of the month.

actually uncharted is really good

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

yo guys i'm super psyched for overwatch, i'm gonna actually learn to use a mouse for fps now for the first time in my life and i'm gonna get owned

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Fonzarelli posted:

yo guys i'm super psyched for overwatch, i'm gonna actually learn to use a mouse for fps now for the first time in my life and i'm gonna get owned

why would you do that to urself? is it not coming out on a good platform?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nasgate posted:

There is sort of a new one coming out that the remaster was produced to promote but it isn't much like the original games and look kind of like a cross between an action RPG and a third-person shooter.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm gonna use this month to play some games I haven't played much yet

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Has anyone played Slime Rancher? It looks like exactly the kind of game I'd like, but 20 dollars is a bit high on my early access consideration scale.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Baal posted:

I'm gonna use this month to play some games I haven't played much yet

this is alsways a good plan friend, what games in particular ar eon the short list?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I just want you all to know that my May thread was probably better.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

my may haiku:

may: a time for games
i am playing nuclear throne
frog jumps into pond

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

May game purchases:

Uncharted 4
Platinum Turtles
Valkyria Chronicles for the third time
Three different versions of Fire Emblem

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i will probably buy star fox zero at some point in may

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

oddium posted:

i will probably buy star fox zero at some point in may

Star Fox is cool and the people whining about the controls are newborn baby bitches who can't spend a couple minutes adjusting

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Ive been enjoying the Ghost in The Shell fps game.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Stux posted:

why would you do that to urself? is it not coming out on a good platform?

i wanna play with my big fat older brother and he is a pc guy and also its cheaper by a fair amount here

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The new Hitman stage is loving huge

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The disappointment of Star Fox remains a dark cloud over my gaming. Has ANYONE managed to get a handle on these garbage controls? Does anyone have a tip to get me to enjoy the game more?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Dark Souls 3 is really cool but in it the vast majority of treasure chests are mimics which is just really dumb after awhile. Like I think I've encountered 3 normal chests and 10 mimics. The element of surprise was lost at least five mimics ago.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The disappointment of Star Fox remains a dark cloud over my gaming. Has ANYONE managed to get a handle on these garbage controls? Does anyone have a tip to get me to enjoy the game more?

Yeah, practice until you have better coordination than the average toddler.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Towards the end of the game you start getting more normal chests, which is a surprise by then I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played SFZ do maybe it isn't that bad after all but games that required you to use both screens at once were always a bad idea on the DS, which is why they pretty much disappeared after the first wave of games, so it's weird to see a big Wii U game try and bring that back.

• Locked thread