Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

for me... thjis month of may is dark souls 3-2 the more dark souls 3 month. what about yall
I just stupidly grabbed Guitar Hero Live so I think I will play some of that

Nah just kidding I am just going to stare at game cases on the wall and play lovely tablet games while watching speedruns again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

hmm both of these options semm... sub par?? have u considered one of the many fun releases this month?
Like what

I hate my stupid PS4 sometimes. It's the last day of the month so I have to be careful not to go over my bandwidth cap or Comcast will charge me extra. I have all automatic downloads disabled in my PS4 system settings. But I go and turn the PS4 on just now and it ignores that setting and queues up like ten game updates while I start watching a Twitch stream, so I have to go and delete them from queue. Each update is usually at least two or three GB so ten of them basically means poo poo out almost a week's bandwidth in one shot

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

doom4?
Won't it just be called Doom again

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

update: I played a few songs of Guitar Hero Live and enjoyed it. The three finger/six button setup is kinda easier but I still suck. Looking forward to playing along to random poo poo without having to buy a collection all over again.

Some day I'll get an Xbox One and then I can import alldisappointingly few of my poor stranded Rock Band tracks

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

giogadi posted:

A free-to-play version of Forza for PC is starting May 5:

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_apex_beta_announce

Does anyone know why they went this route, and didn't just port Forza 6 to PC? I'm definitely going to check this out, but it seems weird that there aren't even plans to introduce multiplayer into this. Maybe Microsoft's just pushing to get more interesting F2P stuff (like Killer Instinct, too) to get more people to use the Windows Store?
A popular f2p game pulls in orders of magnitude more money than a normal game. You'd actually have to be insane to make non f2p games anymore but somehow everyone has not agreed to collude to not make normal games anymore

Eonwe posted:

im gonna play overwatch and use my vive this month
You got a Vive? What have you enjoyed on that so far
The sale was pretty gross too, most of the discounts were pretty small and the games were overpriced to begin with. On the other hand PSN had an anime sale too so

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

honestly at this point it could only cause his reputation to go up

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

axleblaze posted:

I don't even actually care about seeing her face but the it's still amazing just how much they dropped the ball on something they had been teasing for 3 games.
I think it's hilarious they couldn't be bothered to even take a picture of someone in the office or pay a model or anything

poo poo, if it happened today and they didn't want to spend money they could just make it a big Twitter contest and get a picture and tons of publicity for free

Quest For Glory II posted:

for some reason i am having anxiety looking at my steamcompletionist page so maybe i will just play some console stuff
Use http://www.gaugepowered.com and hit Playlist, it's sorted by community rating so you can play the game everyone thinks is best first. No more having to decide

FirstAidKite posted:

I wish there were more picross games on steam that were cheap like the picross e series
If you're on a PC you don't need a picross game, there are a ton of web sites online for that stuff with a variety of names. Here are 22,989 puzzles to get you started: http://webpbn.com

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Fonzarelli posted:

maybe its possible that people actually don't want to play a game that is like actually ten years old, people actually like playing more than one video game
it feels like two decades (for TF2) because of the time it took to be released

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I want to toxx for Pikmin 4 getting a release date at E3, but I can't think of a good penalty.
A week of only playing Mario Maker on Super Expert

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Seems too easy to welch on.
If you're so dishonorable that you need to be kept from welching then a ban or probation really is the only suitable Toxx

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's a matter of verification, sir or madam.
I guess. Without a capture card you could take make a note of level codes or take pictures of your last played levels screen or something but I suppose you could make it up if you're really bent on cheating yourself, and it might get tedious

If you just wanted essay ideas, you could write one on why Stux is objectively correct

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

huh

I wonder how much of a pain it'd be to read all that text on a ds
try a JRPG and find out :downsrim:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

they awere all bad tho so who care?
Don't ask for clarification then "who cares" the answer, that's being very condescending to yourself

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

This is actually pretty fun to do

quote:

Tom Clancy’s The Division takes place after a pandemic sweeps through. Services fail and society collapses. The Division, a unit of agents, is activated. In this RPG, discover an environment. Team up with players to investigate.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jon Do posted:

I have the enemy flag!
Our flag is mined.
Our flag is mined.
Our flag is mined.
Our flag is mined.
Our flag is mined.
Our flag is mined.

I need an APC pickup.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

I just remembered there was some multiplayer mining game thing where it looked real weird, you went around on a tram or whatever and you were an individual worker looking for gems or crystals or something in a mostly white blank space and I think the structures you mined from were objects and stuff, not just mountains and poo poo

Anybody know what I'm talking about?
Only know because I wondered wtf was up with that myself a week or two ago and dug around a bit. Also had trouble remembering the somehow thoroughly unmemorable name.

The game is The Tomorrow Children, which is currently in some sort of extended dev hell/limbo after that one beta they did with no announcement of another, or anything really, other than what trade shows they're bringing it to.

Their twitter trundles on every now and then with another cryptic screenshot but that's about all I could find.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Did anyone play the alpha? i know their was a closed one.
I did watch a few streams while it was on, nobody was having much luck making progress though. You'd go out, get a bunch of resources, come home, barely be able to do anything, someone would spend it on useless crap, then a monster would come along and burn half your buildings. It was in need of some reworking for sure.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So basically communist minecraft without the fun. sucks.
Considering how silent they've been since that test there's at least a chance they got a lot of feedback on how much it sucks and the silence is due to them uprooting poo poo and fixing it.

But I've been down that road before with other games so I won't hold out much hope.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Problem Sleuth posted:

hey what is your guys' recommendation for a game that's fun to play when I'm tired and don't want to think too much?
As dumb as it is, I used to play the infinite modes on games like Bejeweled, Chuzzle or Dynomite when I didn't want to think of anything and also didn't want to react fast. Something about just exploding jewels/furballs/eggs boringly can be soothing for a while. I guess Peggle scratches that itch too. I don't much do any of that anymore since I got a tablet but it used to be a way to unwind.

The various 'cookie clicker' type 'games' like Adventure Capitalist also sometimes satisfy when you really want to see numbers go up but not much else. Though all of this usually just ends up being background for bullshitting in chat or watching YouTube or something.

If you're not so tired you can't aim and shoot then any old FPS you have set on the easiest setting might work. Same goes for Bethesda type games from say Fallout 3 onward since on the easiest end of the slider you can more or less wander around killing with impunity.

Or if you want to just gently caress around but see stuff that's familiar but also unknown, whatever the current Doom engine replacement is usually has a bunch of servers in co-op mode just playing random rear end levels. I forget which one is the good one anymore, I remember Skulltag and Zandronum and Zdoom and they may be all old and busted by now. There was also a program that tried to do the Quakeworld thing which I bookmarked but never got around to trying.

Oh and if you picked it up at one point Chime is a good relax game, if you're not trying to actually do well at it. Or anything like Dyad where you can be more tripping out watching the colors than trying to beat it

These of course can all be lovely suggestions depending on your personal preference, but what do you want from an effort post about low effort games

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

exquisite tea posted:

Don't you think it's a little weird ... definitely not severely mentally ill or depressed in any way.
If we start shutting people out of the internet based on mental health, you may as well turn the whole drat thing off

Try not to think about it, play a fun game and muddle through life as best you can

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I just learned that The Division is a bad game for giant bigots and I didn't even manage to make it to the Dark Zone yet. I thought that game looked like it would be fun but now I'm just sad :smith:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tenzarin posted:

The game is super trash. Lol at ubisoft selling that load of garbage. The thread is full of people who love that grind! Game releases 2 years after Destiny with even worse mistakes and the exact same ones.
I was hoping it wouldn't be, then of course I find out if I ever decide to play endgame I'll be grinding out Phoenix Credits just like the asinine currency I was trying to scrape together in Destiny. At least I don't have to get good at team deathmatch or point control PvP yet. I'm strongly considering just stopping leveling at 29 and loving off to the DZ to screw around without the endgame poopsockers til they raise the maximum though. Far from the point where I even have to think of that for now, really.

MinibarMatchman posted:

everybody told me no it's fun it's better than Destiny I swear!!!! then like 2 months later people are pissed there's nothing left to do and it's full of bugslol.
Two months? Try two weeks, or two days for some. I'm amazed how fast some people blaze through poo poo. Destiny was still worse, though, at least you don't have to make a playdate to get bent over every week by ruthless unfair garbage just for a minimum chance at a piece of gear that you need just to not have your balls crushed quite as hard. Or better yet, you finally get that drop and then you gotta farm and destroy a shitload of other exceptionally infrequently dropping poo poo to power it up to actually be useful.

I have read some horror stories about The Division but they still don't compare to the poo poo show that was pre-expansion Destiny. That game actively hated me and I should have taken the hint far earlier

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

What a weird thing for them to try and pull damage control on, putting a box from another game in your game is one of the most common nods ever

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oh okay, that's a cute idea

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

On the other hand, shelving posts into their designated threads, now that is something we can unite in not caring about

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

not pictured: Mario and Luigi detained indefinitely detaling with Rio's sewage problem

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

Okay then it's as weird as buying a book for your Kindle rather than an actual book
or better yet, buying several actual books in a bundle only maybe a quarter of which you want to read, while sitting in the library next to a bunch of books you can read freely including the ones you really wanted

speaking of buying electronic books though, the computer history StoryBundle that just came out actually looks kind of interesting: https://storybundle.com/tech

The "boss fight" bundle might be more game related but it kind of looks like hot garbage to me

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I won a lot of tickets at Dave and Buster's on half price day and got a copy of Starfox. I wasn't even planning on getting that but gently caress Battleborn cuz that was the only other choice

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Looper posted:

better than hyrule warriors and dragon quest heroes? hmmm

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I think DQ Heroes is the best but Pirate Warriors 3 is real good
DQ Heroes is such a different flavor that it's not quite fair to compare to the other two. The difference between Hyrule Warriors and Pirate Warriors is a lot smaller, though it's significant enough that if you like Musous you ought to play them all, though you probably would be insane to try to 100% even one of them let alone all three

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

DQ heroes suffers by virtue of not letting you play as torneko, ragnar, or rocket
Och no! Hoo'd I manage tae get scrabbed right on the end o' ma couter?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Snak posted:

Paragon and Battleborn are different games. Huh. I may not actually know a single thing about Battleborn. Or Paragon. One of them.
Apparently Battleborn has a kind of conventional co-op FPS story mode thing as well as the MOBA bit which is a bit odd. Helps with the steep price tag though, well that and the absurd number of characters. Still not gonna buy it full price though.

I want to try out Overwatch but between Rifftrax Live, a free Redbox game coupon that's going to expire and a board game night there's really no place to smash it in the schedule

I suck at anything even vaguely competitive though so I'm not exactly crying buckets over the loss

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Broseph Brostar posted:

MGSV had a pretty good use of it where its just a big map to facilitate multiple approaches, but I think most people hated that.
I thought most people enjoyed the open gameplay of MGSV and just hated the lazy overuse of the same drat locations.

I mean there were other things people hated too, but that's the relevant bit. They obviously had the tools but mostly padded the thing out with filler and then had the gall to more or less force you to do filler to get the ending.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Broseph Brostar posted:

Reusing the same areas is not something new to mgs though. MGS1 had you running through the same areas several times and screwing around in the same locations is a staple of the series.

Who didn't spend hours messing with the guards in the bases of mgs3?

The problem with the game is the lack of diverse content. The main missions are fine but the side ops are all repetitive garbage compared to the side content of the previous games. That's not a problem caused by the map, it's because the game is unfinished and a lot of content is filler.
Yeah I couldn't adequately explain it but you said what I meant, the filler is lazy as gently caress and just enough of the side ops show off the wasted potential

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lurdiak posted:

It's insane, this guy's taint.
of course you'd quote the pic with the two things goons would never do

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Harrow posted:

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna buy a used PS3 just so I can play Demon's Souls again. This is a poor financial decision but, Demon's Souls.
It's actually a pretty frugal option if you don't care for any of the new poo poo enough to pay a premium. Between PSN sales (including PS1 and PS2 games) and PS3 stuff marked down to bargain prices you should be able to find a lot of stuff cheap. A PSTV would be an even more frugal option but it's only for the truly insane and/or anime, and your options would be vastly more limited

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nasgate posted:

Bonus points if you somehow get an og ps3 and can play PS2 games.
The fat PS3s are increasingly more expensive and have more bellyaching about overheating and other design issues, so beware. Mine never gave me any real trouble and still handles having a shitton of digital games way better than my 360 does, but as always it's heavy YMMV territory

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

turns out people just misheard and it is actually called "Battlefield Won"
What did they win

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tenzarin posted:

It now costs $180 dollars for the game and the season pass.
:wtc:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tenzarin posted:

Hang on so its gonna be with grands ans poo poo? Can't reload intill your out guns?
Where's Stux? I need an interpreter on this ASAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

No Such Thing posted:

my friend bought both overwatch and battleborn and I want to intervene on him.
I rented Battleborn tonight with free credit and I have downloaded that Overwatch beta, with any luck that's all I can stand of each

• Locked thread