Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

King Vidiot posted:

Oh holy poo poo :stare:

Goddamnit Jesse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

The DC area has a very active hardcore scene and a constantly shifting rotation of short-lived basement clubs

but yeah I've seen what west coast punk looks like these days and nazis would be an improvement

The stuff coming out of the east LA punk scene is pretty raw and exciting considering it's a bunch of first generation Hispanic kids embracing and expanding upon the ideals of the scene. It reminds me of how in Chicago, the hispanic and black kids of the 80s gravitated toward disco clubs which gave rise to the house music genre. And who knew genre fusion would actually be good when given to people who aren't white dude bros?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMrQqgWPlRw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4spdRUKTVdk

I went to a screening for a documentary about the Melvins and during the Q&A after the movie, Buzz talked about being tricked into playing nazi gigs in the 80s and how crazy that poo poo was. Hope the doc is widely available soon as it was really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A3CUIABBUQ

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
As a huge Melvins fan, I am chomping at the bit to see Colossus of Destiny.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My GF dated the last Red Lace nazi that gets shotgunned in the chest. I only delight because I've heard that he's a real douche in real life.

Movie was good, too.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

My GF dated the last Red Lace nazi that gets shotgunned in the chest. I only delight because I've heard that he's a real douche in real life.

Movie was good, too.

Ah, method acting

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Did that guy who killed the girl at the beginning get killed? I missed it on my first showing, but on my second showing at a friend's place I noticed the line about patrick stewart telling macon blair to stay away from the "friend of the family dope" because there was a bad batch making the rounds. They sent that guy to hole up and gave him some dope to keep him occupied right? It seems like the implication is that they poisoned him and it would fit well with stewart's motivation of tying up all the loose ends, but I could have sworn there was a shot of him alive at the end.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

There was, that last shot is him zonked out and the rest of his band dead. we had a whole thing ITT about how maybe showing him clearly alive was meant to symbolize him dying in a movie that's pretty upfront about when somebody's been killed so choose your own adventure I guess.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'll just say he died and not really worry about it.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Rewatching this movie last night I felt compelled to throw up the sign of the V8 for the dog. He died awesome in an awesome movie to amuse me, and he went to Valhalla, meets the criteria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

The director has proudly stated that the dog is the only one with any character development in the movie.

• Locked thread