Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The synopsis to this film just makes me think "why is this about Virginian anti-nazis and not french communist anti-nazis"

Obviously the answer is "because its easier to get a film about american kids fighting nazis funded than a film about communists [who aren't Hollywood writers]" but still. Kind of continues the question from GITS drama of "why does this even need to happen?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Back up and write that out a little.

I'm just surprised that the film, with its premise, doesn't take place in a setting/scenario with stronger historical ties to anti-neonazis. France has an insanely interesting history of leftist anti-fascist gangs squaring off against neonazis that is ripe for exploitation. Particularly with groups such as The Black Dragons and the Red Warriors.

I'l admit that I haven't [yet] seen the movie itself, so maybe it goes towards more American themes. Or maybe I'm being ignorant and Virginia has an equally crazy history.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Vhak lord of hate posted:

This isn't Inglorious Basterds, it's a slasher where the bad guys are neo-Nazis. Do you frequently write long bullshit about movies you haven't seen?

You should relax, friend. That wasn't even a long post.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Criminal Minded posted:

That was kind of a weird post, though. It's a movie about a punk band, which the director himself has direct experience with, not a movie about the specific politics of neo-Nazis. The fact that they're neo-Nazis is mostly just a signifier that these are unscrupulous hosed-up people.

I honestly missed the band part. And yeah, not much experience with this director (at least, not enough to know him specifically).

I'l probably check his stuff out later; I like what I've read in this thread.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Riptor posted:

Maybe next time don't post garbage shitposts without even being able to read the three sentences you're responding to

Uh....alright? Not sure why you're so offended that I brought up something interesting and glossed over one aspect of the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Blast Fantasto posted:

I don't think that trying to generate a thesis about a film based on its synopsis is particularly interesting or worth sharing.

Actually I wanted to talk about 80's antifascist groups, but whatever keeps the hateboner pumped.

• Locked thread