Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

If you can swing trades def trade Thielen though. Buzz is starting to bubble up for him because people are ignoring he's going to be Sam Bradford's second, third or fourth option (depending on how you feel about Diggs, Treadwell and Rudolph)

I really hope Treadwell makes some sort of comeback. That was a waste of a first rounder otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Sataere posted:

That was a waste of a first rounder otherwise.

minnesotavikings.txt

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Teemu Pokemon posted:

minnesotavikings.txt

I just mean for my last place dynasty team! He was supposed to be the safest receiver pick! :argh:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mike Zimmer loving hates rookies so I'm not surprised that Treadwell did nothing last year

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Benne posted:

Mike Zimmer loving hates rookies so I'm not surprised that Treadwell did nothing last year

Yeah, but Diggs participated in the second half of his rookie year, so it is concerning.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/FantasyADHD/status/856018388266749952

what the gently caress

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm the guy picking a second year WR over TY Hilton now that Luck is on the mend.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm the guy who ignores the fact that Amari Cooper will never be a WR1

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm the guy who still believes he can smallball PPR with Landry

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I mean, Michael Thomas went 92/1,137/9 his rookie year, and the Saints just traded away Brandin Cooks. It's not crazy to think Brees already trusts him enough to make him The Guy in targets.

I wouldn't draft him over Dez or Hopkins, but Thomas filling the Marques Colston spot should reap reliable WR2 production.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

I'm the guy who ignores the fact that Amari Cooper will never be a WR1

Man is that Raiders WR situation consistently infuriating.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Adrian Peterson will be a Saint. I guess that fucks over him and Ingram value wise.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Unless Peterson is Really Good, Ingram is going to have the exact same usage as last year and Peterson is going to slot into Hightower's snaps

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
There's no way that happens. The Saints didn't sign Peterson to play second fiddle to Ingram.

(Which sucks as I had Ingram in a dynasty league. Oh well)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/JSiglerNFL/status/856593015783260162

The 55% of the snaps they take out of shotgun are going to go to Ingram in a big majority. Peterson isn't very likely to see more than 150 carries. Hightower had 133 last year, I really don't see how this changes Ingram's value drastically, and if anything, this boosts Peterson's value slightly. Ingram might lose like 15-30 touches.

Peterson's base salary is also 3.5m and all of his potential bonuses are to be paid out in 2018, so if they cut him in March, they aren't on the hook for one red cent. They aren't obligated to play him any more or less than he deserves, and they likely signed him to be just that: Ingram's 1B.

The only way Ingram's value nosedives is if suddenly Adrian Peterson is running like it's 2014

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 25, 2017

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Thwomp posted:

There's no way that happens. The Saints didn't sign Peterson to play second fiddle to Ingram.

(Which sucks as I had Ingram in a dynasty league. Oh well)

Why not? They're paying Ingram more and he's much more versatile than Peterson. AP will take goal line stuff, all the backup carries Hightower had, and will be there to push Ingram if Ingram falters.

Edit: Actually, not sure who is being paid more, looks like might be similar in total and really depend on bonuses and stuff.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 25, 2017

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Martavis is back jah bless

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Cervixalot posted:

Martavis is back jah bless

Overrated

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
New thread starts after the draft. What should the title be?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Fantasy Football 2017: The Curious Case of Josh Gordon

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Fantasy Football: This content in this thread is Questionable [Q] (groin)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Fantasy Football 2017 DONT DRAFT A loving TIGHT END NO NOT EVEN HIM STOP IT WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Fantasy Football 2017: I'm Willing to Die on this Jeremy Hill

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Spoeank posted:

Fantasy Football 2017 DONT DRAFT A loving TIGHT END NO NOT EVEN HIM STOP IT WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Fantasy Football 2017: I'm Willing to Die on this Jeremy Hill

Nice.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

That would've been a great title 3 years ago when we almost killed each other over Gio vs. Hill

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Per Christopher Harris: Adrian Peterson playing terrible out of shotgun is not any indication he plays terrible out of shotgun

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
AP will outrun Marky Mark in a 3 game stretch, the media will drive home a narrative about AP needing the ball more because he's got a higher ypc than Ingram, Saints will give him more touches, but ruin their run game as a result. Both RBs have a bad year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Fantasy Football 2017: Josh Gordon's comeback starts..... SUSPENDED!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
FF 17: 1st RD - Tight End, 2nd RD - Weed Guy, 3rd RD - QB

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Goons fantasy football: wait I can't draft guards?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Fantasy Football 2017: The correct roster move is to LA, right?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
FF 17: The Browns of Statistics Games

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Fantasy Football 2017: 0 RB strategy. 0.5 PPR. 1 win

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Fantasy Football 2017: Four More Years (Of CMike Hype)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Fantasy Football 2017: Moving closer to Vegas every day.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Not seeing any obvious picks out of the first. Fournette and McCaffrey maybe, but nothing like Elliott last year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Corey Davis in round 7-9, 100% of the time

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
John Ross could be a late-round sleeper, depending on if he stays healthy and successfully gets past defenders focusing on A.J. Green. Then again, Andy Dalton isn't famous for his arm strength, so :shrug: Maybe wait and see if Ross/Dalton click in training camp.

As a Washington homer and the world's biggest John Ross fan (he retweeted me once!), I don't think the Bengals were an ideal spot for him.

Benne fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 28, 2017

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Not seeing any obvious picks out of the first. Fournette and McCaffrey maybe, but nothing like Elliott last year.

Howard and Engram

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Howard... Sure if you want someone to cut week 3. Don't draft rookie TEs.

If they just say gently caress it and make Engram a WR, sure in round 13... but Howard is a wasted pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, I an not sure Fournette or McCaffrey are 1st rounders. Maybe second rounders. Too many established running backs that project better.

• Locked thread