Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Noxville posted:

Sure, the 7/7 connection gets made even more explicit in the print version.

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/726694970615287808

does the conservative party have a problem with islamophobia?

100% of respondents said yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Noxville posted:

Sure, the 7/7 connection gets made even more explicit in the print version.

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/726694970615287808

Wow. How that isn't breaking some kind of election campaign law or press regulation I do not know.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

EvilGenius posted:

I do feel for them, clearly not for their cause, but stripped back to raw human experience they've either wilfully or naively entered into this hopeless situation, because their path through life lead them into the hands of ISIS. I don't believe in inherent evil. If these people were born anywhere else, their lives wouldn't have ended in a mobile shed full of incompetence, nor would they be out trying to kill people.

The depressing thing is that since ISIS is a major player in a giant, genocidal sectarian war, there are actually rational reasons to join it. If you're a Sunni Muslim in western Iraq or eastern Syria, joining the organisation that keeps you and your family from getting massacred, raped, and eaten* (in no particular order) by Iran-backed Shia death-squads can seem like a pretty good idea, even if it means you'll also be signing up to do the massacring, raping, and eating to innocent Shia civilians.

* OK, there's not hard evidence of cannibalism in Iraq/Syria, but they've been literally cooking dudes and posting the videos on YouTube.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

NewMars posted:

OP is good except.

We must never forget. :colbert:
See #4 though. The only evidence we have that he hosed a dead pig is in the Daily Mail, which as we know lies. Even once true things become lies once printed in the Mail.

This presents a certain conundrum, since he hosed a dead pig.

EvilGenius posted:

I do feel for them, clearly not for their cause, but stripped back to raw human experience they've either wilfully or naively entered into this hopeless situation, because their path through life lead them into the hands of ISIS. I don't believe in inherent evil. If these people were born anywhere else, their lives wouldn't have ended in a mobile shed full of incompetence, nor would they be out trying to kill people.
There is the issue of people traveling to join ISIS. I don't believe that's inherent evil either, it's about identity and marketing, and they also benefit from the right wing conflating all Islam with ISIS. Hopefully videos like this will take away from their appeal, but when mayoral candidates are making 7/7 insinuations in the press and it isn't met with universal condemnation then they're doing ISIS's's marketing for them. It's certainly a few times worse than sharing a Norman Finkelstein meme on social media.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

See #4 though. The only evidence we have that he hosed a dead pig is in the Daily Mail, which as we know lies. Even once true things become lies once printed in the Mail.

This presents a certain conundrum, since he hosed a dead pig.

DAVID CAMERON hosed A DEAD PIG

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Zac Goldsmith is getting bulldozed on Sunday Politics :stare:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Firos posted:

Its a right shoeing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Firos posted:

Got a link?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Not on iplayer yet, and Zac Goldsmith isn't on it any more.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Firos posted:

You also need to pick Sunday Politics London

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Firos posted:

Its on live tv, and you can rewind to it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Its on live tv, and you can rewind to it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone

These newfangled internets are difficult.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/TiernanDouieb/status/725766294323253250

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Goldsmirth squirming when put under pressure was lovely.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

So I was reading the latest bunch of handwringing in the Guardain, and I was hoping the good people of the UKMT could help me out, since I seem to be missing something: is there any concrete evidence at all that Labour does have a problem with antisemitism? So far we've got Naz Shah being hauled up for stuff she said years ago, and Ken, who has no filter at all and is the living embodiment of Godwin's Law. Both of them have been dealt with about as quickly as you could hope for. So where is this insidious poison the left/Labour (obviously interchangeable, delete as applicable) apparently needs to confront? Has McDonnell been quoting from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion while I wasn't paying attention? Every columnist seems to have met some unnamed Labour activist/guy in the pub with dodgy views on international banking, but the list of people in positions of power seems pretty short. Sarcasm aside, I'm genuinely curious - when was the last time anyone in the Labour party from local government up actually said something antisemitic?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gato posted:

So I was reading the latest bunch of handwringing in the Guardain, and I was hoping the good people of the UKMT could help me out, since I seem to be missing something: is there any concrete evidence at all that Labour does have a problem with antisemitism? So far we've got Naz Shah being hauled up for stuff she said years ago, and Ken, who has no filter at all and is the living embodiment of Godwin's Law. Both of them have been dealt with about as quickly as you could hope for. So where is this insidious poison the left/Labour (obviously interchangeable, delete as applicable) apparently needs to confront? Has McDonnell been quoting from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion while I wasn't paying attention? Every columnist seems to have met some unnamed Labour activist/guy in the pub with dodgy views on international banking, but the list of people in positions of power seems pretty short. Sarcasm aside, I'm genuinely curious - when was the last time anyone in the Labour party from local government up actually said something antisemitic?

There was that Labour councillor who called Hitler the greatest man in history and that Ed Miliband shouldn't be prime minister because he's Jewish.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

It's a Lynton Crosby patented dead cat, and everyone from the 1922 committee to John Mann and the Guardian wants in on the Corbyn-kicking because they all hate him like poison. It doesn't have to be real, it just has to (with media complicity) drown out any positive Labour message for the elections.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
I don't think Labour has a problem with antisemitism. Both Shah and Livingstone's comments smack of poorly-phrased anti-Zionism rather than antisemitism, and anyone who says they think otherwise is an idiot or an opportunist.

There is a slight problem with antisemitism in the wider Left, but that's mostly younger activists straying over the line in a bid to prove who's the most anti-Israel and thus most Correct. There probably are some elements on the extreme left that are antisemitic, but they're so small as to be insignificant and they almost definitely aren't going to be interested in joining the Labour party.

That won't stop the usual suspects from finding one or two and using them to paint Momentum as Corbyn's Blackshirts, though.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Firos posted:

I'm shocked the interviewer didn't just toss that Mail column onto the table and just walk away.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

serious gaylord posted:

Goldsmirth squirming when put under pressure was lovely.

When someone stops defending their views, or stating any views at all, and starts just defending their right to "ask questions" then you know they don't have a leg to stand on.

He's not calling him a Muslim extremist, he's just asking the question of whether he's a muslim extremist, and implying an answer, that's completely fine

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I hope Sadiq Khan's first act as London Mayor is to expel Zac Goldsmith from the city, preferably by catapult.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I don't think labour has a problem with anti semitism either - turns out they're really good at it.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Pissflaps posted:

I don't think labour has a problem with anti semitism either - turns out they're really good at it.

I thought you supported labour but just hated Corbyn?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pissflaps posted:

You're unpleasant.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Mega Comrade posted:

I thought you supported labour but just hated Corbyn?

Does that mean I have to support anti Semites?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Pissflaps posted:

Naturally. Didn't you know?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You claim to be working class so yes you have to support antisemites to eat.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Dabir posted:

You claim to be working class so yes you have to support antisemites to eat.

What do you mean 'claim'?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I mean that as far as we know you could be Viscount Rothermere himself, but you have previously said that you're working class.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

Of course not but your comments suggest you believe its a deep rooted issue with Labour as a whole. I'm just curious if this means you no longer see yourself as a labour supporter.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I wouldn't say deep rooted, the opposite in fact: it seems to be coming from the top down.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I do not believe for a nanosecond that pissflaps is working class

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Namtab posted:

Why not?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

I wouldn't say deep rooted, the opposite in fact: it seems to be coming from the top down.

Okay so it comes back round to Corbyn and his backers again then?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Namtab posted:

I thought the established thread position was that anyone who has to work for a living is working class.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Namtab posted:

Don't project onto others.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Mega Comrade posted:

Okay so it comes back round to Corbyn and his backers again then?

It would help if he resigned.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

LemonDrizzle posted:

I thought the established thread position was that anyone who has to work for a living is working class.

True but sometimes someone is annoying and so you want them not to be.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

It would help if he resigned.

That's not gonna happen before the referendum and I also don't think it would help labour. The official party line being told is there isn't a wide spread problem, Corbyn resigning would be saying the opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

Apparently I missed Corbyn calling for lebensraum and deathcamps.

• Locked thread