Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Grognan posted:

245+ votes now whole platform now indiviually

have fun, comrade :unsmigghh:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Spiky Ooze posted:

there was a motion to recount.

lady running it cheated once again basically did a hit and run on the mic to wrap it up without listening to the votes or anything.

"OK GUYS MOTION TO END THE CONVENTION CALL-FOR-YEAS-CALL-FOR-NAYS" (without even waiting for people to answer) "OK THE YEAS HAVE IT YOU'RE DISMISSED CONVENTION IS OVER EVERYONE GO HOME"

*GAVEL BANG*GAVEL BANG*GAVEL BANG*

*screaming ensues*

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

NumberLast posted:

Because normal human beings make decisions then act on them.

Don't be rude.

He was being a dick about it, sure, but, like...

Thoguh posted:

But that said. People have been dealing with this poo poo for months so it shouldn't be surprising and one should expect to double check anything that seems amiss. Measure twice, vote once.

Months? How many years has the two-party system with closed and semi-closed primaries been in place? It's a really awful system to be sure, and needs to be changed. But it isn't changed yet, and as long as that's the system, the only way to engage with it is to work within its limitations.

Register with a party. Your party status as an independent is not a meaningful protest. It hurts no one but you.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Speaking of the June 7th states, I've been organizing out in the field in Jersey and haven't had time to look at media or the thread much. Has everyone started talking yet about the fact that NJ is actually gonna be a de-facto open primary? Out at least Bernie supporters?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Rastor posted:

Did she actually give the finger? I saw complaints that was photoshopped. She was definitely sarcastically blowing the Bernie supporters kisses with enthusiasm as she skipped out with a big smile on her face though.

I mean, it's a video. It's a bit blurry I guess.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

RaySmuckles posted:

huh, people don't seem to hyped in here about the hillary condemnation by the state department

are we all just way too far along on the hillary hate train that its all

hill bad, so what?

The IG report was pretty good, but the media response has been a lot of fun too. Even WaPo put out an article about "Clinton’s inexcusable, willful disregard for the rules" straight from the ed board.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Dahbadu posted:

BTW, last night some crazy guy got mad because he think I cut him off. He tailgated me in his SUV for like a mile into a parking garage, stalked us getting out of our car, and confronted me.

He said he was gonna "destroy me in front of my women," and I'm like, OK, let's fight. So we face off. I told him he'd have to throw the first punch because I didn't want to get sued. Bitch then chickened out.

In other words, he pulled a Trump.

It's still up in the air: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281353-team-sanders-pressures-trump-for-debate

"Still, the Trump official indicated it's something that may be under consideration now that remarks have generated so much interest and taken on a life of their own."

Fox is gonna want that event to go forward, too.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

Onions are awful and don't go in anything but the trash.

Awww, even green onions? I can understand maybe objecting to harsher varieties, but scallions are so mellow and tender and lovely! Must be added to everything!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

loquacius posted:

One time when I was a freshman in college I bought a bunch of stoner snack food from the convenience store and the clerk made a bunch of weed jokes and told me to "be safe"

and I was like "I don't smoke weed, I'm just in college" and he was like "suuuuure"

(ofc I smoke weed now, I just didn't then)

Also: ramps

I've only heard of ramps, but always great things.

For instance, my friend from West Virginny told me that his great uncle and his friend, when they were young, could get out of going to school by eating a whole poo poo ton of wild ramps before getting on the bus - supposedly the smell and intensity of ramps being so vivid and intense and oozing out of every pore of their body it would fill up the entire bus and they'd be kicked off. Good times.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Classic Comrade posted:

its not an official ad, a trump supporter made it.

Ah, I was pretty sure I had seen a similar image before in some other rando internet place like twitter or something.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Alright, so the cited pricetag for the Trump v Bernie debate is $10m+ raised for charity. :lol:

How much money is brought in by the really big debates, the ones watched by 15 million, 20 million people?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

a helpful bear posted:

bernie is a cool and good dude and im glad he's seemingly accomplishing his goals of changing and influencing the democratic party and congress.... a man can dream, anyway....

ThndrShk2k posted:

get me a loving clip plzzz

Plzzzzzzz don't let this be forgotten :magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

So, Bernie lost, etc etc, yeah yeah yeah

Anyway, so you know how phonebanking is usually a bit bullshit and doesn't really do that much other than give a nice warm feeling of engagement? Like literally it gives about a 3% successful return rate.

Well last night the Jersey state field director told me to focus on it today over canvassing, because for once that's not the case. The universe for the call list is updated which means much better targets which means better responses. We're gonna canvass too, of course, but honestly we're putting more energy into rando phones today. It's kinna weird.

So feel free to make some calls. I know it's not gonna throw us into a landslide New Jersey victory but the delegate totals matter, as well as winning individual areas in states for the sake of collecting data for future local & national campaigns.

• Locked thread