Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Inferior Third Season posted:

Fat southern boy shoots home intruder (after missing 11 times) while he was trying to leave with a hamper, and then publicly mocks him.

I think we've hit peak America.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/05/01/alabama_boy_shoots_burglar_mocks_him_for_crying_like_a_little_baby.html

Yeah, sorry, this story owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Pharohman777 posted:

I can see hillary having to really struggle against her own history in this election.
The Clintons have a ton of political baggage, and with the private email server scandal and the accusations about hillary supressing rape allegations about bill clinton in the 80s, Hillary is going to have just as hard a time as Trump.

There are a lot of people who see hillary and all the political baggage full of unresolved accusations and scandals, and wont vote for her.
Trump has his own issues, but Hillary has the weight of her political history and scandals to bring her down.

What does any of that have to do with demographics?

Trump is going to get slaughtered because women loving hate him. He'll do worse with whites than Romney.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Stereotype posted:

Also Fiorina kept over confidently making up horrific fake scenes she saw in the already heavily edited video, which sort of undercut whatever it was supposed to be saying anyway. She swore up and down there was a scene where an adorable baby was cut to pieces while evil liberals threw cash into the bloody hands of the doctors. The video did succeed in getting PP investigated over their "sales" of fetal tissue (and I think shut down all research transfers of tissue, which is super stupid).

The ACORN thing was right after a bunch of handwringing about voter ID laws too, so it was on message, whereas the PP video was out of left field.

They are both good to look at because they are amazing examples of politicians, bloggers and independent news sources working together to pass bad laws by faking a problem.

The MNGOP has been trying to pass bills all Session to prevent the University of MN from using fetal tissue in medical research. They claim, of course, that fetal tissue research has never led to any important medical advances, which is countered by DFLers saying "Google 'Rubella' you dumb fucks!" And this obviously plays out over and over again for roughly 8 hours of debate.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I can't wait to see the next set of white nationalists who pick up Trump's banner and really start remaking the GOP.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

As I noted earlier, I'm doing my best to catch up with current political and social climates and the whole "SJW" thing has been a really weird phenomenon to me. On another forum I frequent there's a whole thread dedicated to mocking it. When browsing that thread I asked a guy a simple question of "what the hell exactly is a social justice warrior?" He claimed they are internet tough guys and hypocrites trying to suppress free speech. He also claimed that opposing them was not in any way a Conservative endeavor.

Then I got some videos linked to me to help "enlighten" me to what an SJW is. One was done by this Milo guy you mentioned and another was by a guy named Shapiro. Shapiro opened up by saying that, if you are a liberal, you hate Conservatives for the crime of being alive and perceive yourself as inherently morally superior to them. Now while I do in fact take that position with Evangelicals because they are a disgrace to both humanity and Christianity, I don't hate Conservatives for being Conservatives at all.

Another person highlighted it this way. An SJW is someone who attacks anyone who expressed a legitimate opinion but was silenced by being accused of bigotry. So if you don't want to have sex with a transgender person, you're transphobic. If you think this Black Lives Matter movement does a lot of bad poo poo, you're racist, and so-on.

And the really paradoxical thing to me is...I don't care about most of the above mentioned things. But before I even was learning about this SJW stuff, I was catching up on the Israeli-Palestinian situation and also trying to figure out how America stood on the issue nowadays. I found this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f3iwWypxyw

Now I've always heard being pro-Israel to a fault portrayed as a right wing belief and being anti-Israel or critical of Israel as being associated with the Left. But this video none too subtly claims that being against Israel means you hate Jews. Yet it seems like, if the video is to be believed, it's right wingers who are pulling out the "hate card" here and trying to denounce legitimate criticism as mere Antisemitism.

As a very liberal thread, can anyone here address this? Is SJW some plague suppressing free speech that righteous Conservatives are fighting?

No.

• Locked thread