Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.
I drew some Doug fan art today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."

Queen Gnome posted:

Internet Janitor :)

Howdy! Glad to see you're still enjoying that avatar.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007

I love this comic.

I started working on a thing a couple weeks ago.

Operation Juicebox
Jun 26, 2006

Acnamino MR 100mg Capsules
I can't believe I still get as excited about pokemon as much as I do.

I also made a speed paint version of this over on youtube.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

gmc9987 posted:

I love this comic.

I started working on a thing a couple weeks ago.

It's extremely gratifying to hear that so many people are enjoying the ride! I totally dig that centipede.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

Operation Juicebox posted:

I can't believe I still get as excited about pokemon as much as I do.

Same.

Proof:

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Ran some of my art through Ostagram and this was the result.

Cool using one piece of art as a "filter" for another one.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Confession: I've not done any Beltane/May Day themed art even though I usually try to go for the theme, because googling and learning is effort.

Instead, popplio.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

This one seems especially out of proportion. :(

Operation Juicebox
Jun 26, 2006

Acnamino MR 100mg Capsules

I'm here for this.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Watercolour.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Righteous!! Amazing value control there. Did you do it light to dark or all over the place?

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

neonnoodle posted:

Righteous!! Amazing value control there. Did you do it light to dark or all over the place?

I'm... not sure. I guess I went mostly light to dark? I used like a total of four pigments for the skin; I used burnt umber for the neutral skin shade and applying various degrees of water for light areas and ultramarine for the shadow, and then went back adding touches of yellow ochre and rose in some spots to add more interesting value and gradients.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

I kept cracking up drawing the second panel of this page.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

IJ I am loving the comic like mad. Please continue :)

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Internet Janitor posted:

I kept cracking up drawing the second panel of this page.

Caught up on this over the weekend and it's cute and I like it.

A series of tiny drawings of me throwing a tantrum and bitching about stuff online. Penny for reference. I like drawing really small.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
The trifecta is complete

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Scaphognathus.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

Those dinos are adorable, HS! :3:

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

I have a question. This is a small oil painting where I painted over an old acrylic painting that I no longer cared for. I've recently found out painting with oils on acrylics, especially when the acrylic layer is thick, might not be a good idea. I am trying to sell my art, but can I do so in good consciense, considering I have no idea wheter the coat of oils will crack? Another question: I was stupid and primed a few wood panels with a thin layer of transparent acrylic medium instead of ghesso. I think I read somewhere acrylics are ok to use as primer, but when researching this more recently I read this isn't recommended. I have already started working on a few pieces and put a lot of time in one of the bigger ones. How badly could a painting like this age? I planned to sell the big piece but now I'm not too sure about that. The oils have adhered just fine to the acrylic surface, but yeah as I already mentioned, I fear the oil layer will end up cracking some day. Thoughts?

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Oil on top of acrylic is fine. Many painters use acrylic for their underpaintings and then use oils over top. It's a problem if you use acrylics over oil because acrylics dry quickly and can change shape when drying (through dehydration). Generally when layering oils you go lean to fat, meaning less solvent and more oil, and successive layers dry much slower than previous layers.

I'm not sure about using acrylics as a primer. Honestly it's probably fine.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
A lot of gesso these days is just white acrylic paint with some chalk added to it for matte texture. It'll be fine.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Oh hey it's bendy elves again WHAT A SURPRISE.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

smallmouth posted:

Oil on top of acrylic is fine. Many painters use acrylic for their underpaintings and then use oils over top. It's a problem if you use acrylics over oil because acrylics dry quickly and can change shape when drying (through dehydration). Generally when layering oils you go lean to fat, meaning less solvent and more oil, and successive layers dry much slower than previous layers.

I'm not sure about using acrylics as a primer. Honestly it's probably fine.

neonnoodle posted:

A lot of gesso these days is just white acrylic paint with some chalk added to it for matte texture. It'll be fine.

Alright, thank you! I was pretty worried there for a while.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

Time to start a new chapter.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Not been drawing much lately, but I doodled these two yesterday.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

That looks really cool, Smallmouth.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Once again I have spectacularly failed to keep up with this thread :/ I've been busy sending out my Kickstarter rewards (The Inkspot cats I did a few months ago made it into a card set which did really well :3: Thanks you guys for the encouragement!)

I have been making a cat alphabet out of my daily drawings, here is the finished result which I am also hoping to make into a Snap style card set....called Snap!Cat (I can't resist a pun.) I hope it is not too cheeky to post the link here-
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1671305805/snapcat-fun-educational-and-cute-playing-cards

Yesterday's cat was Nancat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
So I saw this post on tumblr: "last night i had a dream that i met mother earth and if u were wondering what she looks like it’s dwayne the rock johnson in a flowy white sun dress with rly good winged eyeliner "
and I needed to draw it.

• Locked thread