Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For May, Galaspar oaths 5 space marines!

Hopefully I haven't left it too late in the month to make a decent job of them. Actually planned this oath a while ago, when the theme for the month was looking to be "paint your oldest model" - that captain in the centre is from 1986, and I figured he'd be a good counterpart to the 30th anniversary marine. Still, kitbashed the wide-grilled fellow on the other side with fur, chain, axe and sword, so I can try for the fantasy theme. He was fun to make, as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Claiming the fantasy theme challenge for the guy on the left of the picture with fur, chainmail and other medieval trappings, plus #squadgoals for a filthy band of Death Guard.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For June I, Galaspar, oath one Space Marine Praetor (mostly Forgeworld) and one Squat Commander (GW)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Claiming relaxed pose on the Squat.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For July I, Galaspar, oath five Grave Warden Terminators by Forge World

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

Claiming Life's a beach for the water effects in the swampy bases.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For August I, Galaspar, oath three space marines (GW 28mm)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Claiming fire/OSL jurnal for the guy with the flamethrower.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For September I, Galaspar, oath two veteran space marines and one space marine terminator, by GW

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

Claiming Yellow, and Punks love Dick for the cyborg pulling the sword.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For October I, Galaspar, oath the Primarch Mortarion (Forgeworld, Warhammer 30K)

The Death Lord himself, really hoping I do him justice.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

Ugleb posted:

Is this as big as it looks?

Perhaps not, scale isn't too clear on that picture. His own base is 40mm, and including the rock he stands on he's about twice the height of a space marine, maybe a little less. The scenic base which the gaming base fits into is 60mm. Not nearly as chunky a challenge as the Imperial Knight I oathed a while back, but certainly a centrepiece I want to get right.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 9, 2016

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Claiming the JURNAL on account of the whole Grim Reaper in Space thing he's got going on.

And on his scenic base:

Bonus effects shot:

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For November I, Galaspar, oath three Space Marines (GW/Forge World, 30k)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

A bit rough and ready this month, but I did at least add a skull to a shoulder of each of them for the jurnal

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For December I, Galaspar, oath one Space Marine, one Genestealer and one Chaos Renegade (GW, 28mm)

It's variety month! Here's hoping they have a painting table free in GW Liverpool, because I'm going away for Christmas and several days besides.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

Galaspar posted:

For December I, Galaspar, oath one Space Marine, one Genestealer and one Chaos Renegade (GW, 28mm)

It's variety month! Here's hoping they have a painting table free in GW Liverpool, because I'm going away for Christmas and several days besides.

Oath Addition

For December I oath one additional Space Marine (GW, 28mm)

Hope I've done that right, haven't done an oath addition before. He needs painting ASAP for Kill Team, so might as will chuck him in.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

Claiming red jurnal for the genestealer.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
I, Galaspar, oath for January five Space Marines (GW WH30k 28mm)

New year's resolution is to clear my backlog of infantry. If I make a sufficiently speedy start on these guys, I might oath another five later.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Claiming white challenge

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
I, Galaspar, oath three space marines and one sorcerous terminator for February (GW, 28mm)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
It's an important moment for the family - I get those three marines painted, and I can finally run two tactical squads, and so pretty much any Rite of War I like. Only taken me a year!

The sorcerer is more of an awkward uncle, I'm painting him just for the fun of it, although the next Horus Heresy book might make daemon summoning a useful skill.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

For this months challenge, I'm hoping the sudden manifestation of a glowing daemon is enough of an explosion

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For March I, Galaspar, oath one Contemptor Dreadnought (GW, 28mm)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

I'm claiming the conversion challenge for this guy, as he has a weapon swap, a head swap and some extra detailing done with little ball bearings.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For January I, Galaspar, oath 5 Space Marine Veterans

The one on the back right is from about 1990, possibly not the oldest mini I've got but pretty close.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

Cat Face Joe posted:

:orks101: February Fudgement :orks101:

Third Place (1 Point): - Galaspar

I really like what you do with your space marines. I don't know if this is an actual GW pallette but I've never seen any with these colors before. The white and green really make them stand out. I like your heroes purple capes. These guys probably look real nice on the table.

Thanks! It's a variation on the Death Guard Scheme from the Horus Heresy. I like to take the green a lot brighter that the standard scheme though, gives them a little sickly something.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

For the jurnal, the guy in the middle is from about 1990 (with some newer arms and gun)

One for all

It's been one hell of an oath year. Painted most of an army, and a few odds and sods too. Also, I learned enough along the way to complete this guy, who won Skullapalooza:

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 1, 2017

• Locked thread