Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!

I, Luebbi, pledge these 7 Privateer Press Cygnar Trenchers!

I do realize these fit neither theme, but it's the unit I want to get done the most before Warmachine MK3 hits the scene. The unit is 14 man strong (15 actually, but I used one dude for base decoration), and I already got started on the first half. Depending on how long I take, I might still be able to add something dragon-ey to my oath later this month,.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
Oath addition!

I will add this Privateer Press Legion of Everblight Nephilim Soldier to my oath - now that's a mouthful. Depending on when he gets approved, I might go for the speedpainting achievement with him.

Luebbi posted:

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!

I, Luebbi, pledge these 7 Privateer Press Cygnar Trenchers!

I do realize these fit neither theme, but it's the unit I want to get done the most before Warmachine MK3 hits the scene. The unit is 14 man strong (15 actually, but I used one dude for base decoration), and I already got started on the first half. Depending on how long I take, I might still be able to add something dragon-ey to my oath later this month,.

Luebbi fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 29, 2016

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Zark the Damned posted:

Just paint, don't worry about waiting for it to be approved. We've had many examples where a speed paint gets finished before the Oath is accepted. Such as Schmetterling's one above this :)

This should be fine, iirc bases don't count.

Thanks, off I go!

NTRabbit posted:

I think bases used to count, but there are now so many games with no bases, or deliberately blank/clear bases (ie X-Wing, Dreadball), that they only count if you call em out specific now.

Also great to know, since I usually start with the bases and paint batches of them. That means my unpainted Typhon with completely finished base can stll be used for next months oath, great!

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
OATH COMPLETE!

First up is the Squad of 7 Trenchers that I oathed... actually, I painted 14 of 'em, 7 already had a basecoat. Since i have no clue which guys I oathed, here's the entire #squad:

And here's the Box art... I diverged slightly from it since there's far too much bronze, but the colour scheme and colour palette are matched. Hope that counts, if not, no problem.

Next, I oathed this Nephilim Soldier, for whom I can claim the speedpaint achievement! Dude was a lot of fun to paint up, however the photo looks really lovely, sorry for that. He's also a Dragonspawn, so I'm claiming the technical challenge!

Achievements: Box art, Se7enth Heaven, #squadgoals

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
I, Luebbi, oath a Privateer Press Blighted Bather and Maxwell Finn this month

Won't have as much time to paint this month, so I'm only oathing these two... hopefully I'll get some more stuff finished, though.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
Oath Complete!

claiming time to relax theme challenge for the blighted bather.

Luebbi posted:

I, Luebbi, oath a Privateer Press Blighted Bather and Maxwell Finn this month

Won't have as much time to paint this month, so I'm only oathing these two... hopefully I'll get some more stuff finished, though.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
I, Luebbi, oath for July

one 5-man unit of Privateer Press Gatorman Posse

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
Oath Complete

Claiming [Life's a beach!

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
I, Luebbi, oath for August 12 Legion of Everblight Swordsmen!

I stupidly forgot to take the picture before applying the foundation for the rock bases, but I seem to recall that bases don't count as part of the miniature, so I hope the oath will get accepted... would be very annoying if these ten minutes of painting would invalidate my oath :(

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Luebbi posted:

I stupidly forgot to take the picture before applying the foundation for the rock bases, but I seem to recall that bases don't count as part of the miniature, so I hope the oath will get accepted... would be very annoying if these ten minutes of painting would invalidate my oath :(

Oath Addition!

Adding two Skorne Void Spirits and Kovaas!

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Luebbi posted:

Luebbi posted:

Oath Addition!

Adding two Skorne Void Spirits and Kovaas!

Oath complete!

Claiming Theme Challenge for the balefire effect on the void spirits!

I had two weeks off work, and figured out a very quick tabletop-ready paint scheme for my legion. It's not fancy, but it gets me fully painted in no time ;) In addition to the models pictured, I painted another 11-man squad and a warcaster. Also, in the first picture there are 3 models in the background that I also finished and didn't oath. 33 models in 2 weeks is a new record for me! Too bad I've got to work again next week ;)

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
I, Luebbi, Oath for September - one Privateer Press Raek

Not much this month, planning a vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Luebbi posted:

I, Luebbi, Oath for September - one Privateer Press Raek

Not much this month, planning a vacation.

[Oath Complete!

also claiming technical challenge!

Didn't get much painting done this month, and due to an upcoming eye operation I don't expect next month to be any better. Maybe I'll be back in the swing of things in November.

• Locked thread