Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
In like a fukken in thing. probably going to be painting a Punishing One this month, but not too sure what I'm going to do with it. so will oath it a little later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

malal posted:

One more question, what happens if you fail the oath? Mocking? Slannesh avatar? The hatred of your fellow oathers? Must shave head like a slayer due to your wronged honor? Can only post in the Star Citizen thread for one month?

Only your own shame and sense of inadequacy.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I thespaceinvader being of sound mind hopefully having time before the end of the month, so hereby oath one (1) TIE Interceptor from Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270 scale.

It will be purple, because purple is the accent colour on my Imps, and it is Carnor Jax, who is a Royal Guard, and would normally be red all over.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Oath Complete:

Carnor Jax, Royal Guard, in my own custom white/purple/nato black scheme where purple is the accent colour. Royal Guard ties are all accent colour. Pleased with this, albeit I should have started with a shade lighter purple as it's just a tad dark at present.

Still, this rounds out my squad for Regionals.

And yeah, theme: dragons. It's a spaceship which shoots lasers at other spaceships, it'll have to do.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Lethemonster posted:

I wanted to oath my necron scythe but one of the guns that goes on the underside has been lost somewhere in my house move. Can I oath it with a gun missing? Gonna paint it so it's been shot off.

As long as you paint what you oathed it doesn't matter what you oathed. Just don't lose any bits in between oathing and finishing.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yes, frequently. Any and all minis are fair game.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yup never gonna have time to finish an oath this month. Roll on July.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I thespaceinvader do hereby oath this converted TIE Bomber Shuttle from Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270 scale

No jurnal for me this month unless 'gently caress you it's a space boat' counts?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Speed Painting
Start pic

End pic

(Yeah, I know, this scheme is super quick and lazy given that the white is the base spray colour, but I've not found a good way to shade/highlight these so gently caress it it looks fine on the tabletop)

Proper completion pic tomorrow when it's properly light.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

Speed Painting
Start pic

End pic

(Yeah, I know, this scheme is super quick and lazy given that the white is the base spray colour, but I've not found a good way to shade/highlight these so gently caress it it looks fine on the tabletop)

Proper completion pic tomorrow when it's properly light.

Oath Complete

CLaiming Speed Painting and Jurnal (if 'gently caress you it's a space boat' gets me theme).

E: put the correct photo up (with my username)

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 10, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Can I (ab)use It's a Rescue to overpaint prepainted minis without bothering to prime them?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Thought so. Standard painting it is, though I might grab an old mini as well at some point.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I thespaceinvader oath one converted YV666 by Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270 scale (ish)

Conversion is the magnetised wings.

Haven't yet decided school bus or taxi.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Oath Complete

Claiming the Jurnal because... well, it's yellow. I decided taxi rather than school bus though.

It's also a conversion, in case that matters, for the magnet mod on the manoeuvring fins.

Might make an addition later on, I have the model waiting which I primed ready for August and didn't have time to complete.

(It's Korben's taxi from 5th Element. And I don't loving know what happened to the white balance on some of these, it was fine on most of them)

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Sep 11, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Zark the Damned posted:

That thing looks super rad,you've done a good job on the Yellow. Kinda makes me want to dig out my hotwheels and finally get around to painting up the battle taxi gang.

=) thanks

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Making an OATH ADDITION: one TIE/sf fighter by Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270(ish) scale.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

Oath Complete

Claiming the Jurnal because... well, it's yellow. I decided taxi rather than school bus though.

It's also a conversion, in case that matters, for the magnet mod on the manoeuvring fins.

Might make an addition later on, I have the model waiting which I primed ready for August and didn't have time to complete.

(It's Korben's taxi from 5th Element. And I don't loving know what happened to the white balance on some of these, it was fine on most of them)
Additional Oath Complete

(This is mega rushed and I'm not that happy with it, but better done than not, right now)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I, thespaceinvader am oathing one battle croissant u boat loo seat Jumpmaster 5000 in 1:270 scale by Fantasy Flight Games.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

:effort:

Oath complete

So yeah I was phenomenally uninspired here, went through several variations on possible schemes, ended up with this mess because it turns out I don't actually have a green wash, so all my brush strokes are super obvious and THIN UR PAINTZ and arg gently caress.

No jurnal. E: unless the OSL counts?

I'm pretty pleased with the OSL on the reactor bit, less so on the engines. It'll look fine at tabletop height though.

I am pleased with how the magnetised turret and Unhinged Astromech came out though.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 30, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Arg dammit I think I might have to skip this month.

I have a reasonably easy project planned but it's not even primed yet and I don't wanna gently caress it up :(

On another note, how many small base X Wing ships would I need to satisfy #squadgoals?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

So irked I missed this month. had a really good idea but ran way short on weekends and evenings.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I, thespaceinvader, oath one RTSS720*, in 1:270 scale (ish) by... well, me, with bits from 40k, X-Wing, and some model kits.

*the ship model I'm attempting to kitbash is the Ghtroc 720, but this is really more of an artist's impression, so Ridiculous Turtle SpaceShip 720 it is.

E: and yay, my planned paint scheme already fits with the theme for the month so no awkward shoehorning needed.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

OATH COMPLETE

Claiming the Jurnal for the teenage mutant ninja turtles reference

Are there any points relating to scratchbuilding and kitbashing up for grabs because if so I'll claim them too...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Weeeeeelll next month ain't gonna work for this one ;)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Gah why did I do the scratchbuild painting last month?

I, thespaceinvader, oath one TIE Defender by Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270 scale for the month of March

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Oath Complete

No jurnal, nothing interesting, just wanted to get this guy done.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Is 'the first Wangs mini I bought' enough to count for 'oldest'?

I've got a whole mess of stuff way older, but not for systems I've any reason to paint for, and my time is super limited at the moment.

Alternatively, would an old style historical-inspired paint scheme suffice? Specifically, ww2 battleship dazzle camouflage?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

=) thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Woo, a thing, a veritable thing.

• Locked thread