Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i, nesbit37, oath for the month of May 47 dropzone commander scourge vehicles, 1 dragon from bones, and 1 eye tyrant from someone on shapeways (28mm). I'll also have some resin work and should get to a couple of electronics this month as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Zark the Damned posted:

Just to clarify a couple of things:

Where are my Dragons? is the name for the Jurnal/Challenge for May. Either paint up a Dragon (or some sort of Sci-Fi flyer), or a party of fantasy adventurers, and this is worth 1 extra point on your completed Oath.

Monster May-Hem is the competition I'm running this month, to encourage people to paint big monsters. You get 1 entry for painting a monster, a second entry for painting multiple monsters, and another for posing your monster(s) in some kind of diorama, e.g. adventurers encountering the dragon in it's hoard. One entry will be picked at random, winner gets an online store voucher.

You could paint up a Dragon and use it for both your Jurnal and your competition entry. However, planes don't count towards the competition, and non-dragon monsters (e.g. a Giant) wouldn't count towards the Jurnal.

The original layout for the Jurnals had the 'paint a Dragon' one come up at the end of a season, but we felt that getting people to paint up big monsters in two different months was possibly a stretch.

Question on scales for the monster may-hem. I am painting a 28mm dragon already, but am also painting a Screamer for Dropzone Commander which is essentially a 50 foot tall monster only in 10mm scale. Asking more out of curiosity than anything since I have the dragon in. I was originally planning on doing a 28mm Mumakil for this challenge but switched when the dragons got lumped in. I may oath addition it still if I finish with time left, especially since I have been looking for an excuse to paint it. Only had it for 7 years now...

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath addition! 46 exotic scourge units for DZC.

nesbit37 posted:

i, nesbit37, oath for the month of May 47 dropzone commander scourge vehicles, 1 dragon from bones, and 1 eye tyrant from someone on shapeways (28mm). I'll also have some resin work and should get to a couple of electronics this month as well.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
One more oath addition! gullahvar, 28mm from GW lotr.

nesbit37 posted:

oath addition! 46 exotic scourge units for DZC.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oath complete! Claiming Monster MAYhem, Squad Goals, and the DRAGONS theme!

Squad goals is for all of the scourge this month, there are almost 100 of them painted. We'll start off here with this desolator that I made a clear resin base and flight stand for to represent it's main weapon and I also added a blue and white LED for extra effect.

Next up is a Death Tyrant someone put up on shapeways. I made some clear pink resin that I cast from a mold of a ball bearing to use as the floaty eyeballs. I tried to also cast clear resin for the phantasmal limb stalks that hold those spectral eyeballs in place but hot glue ended up being easier to work with and a lot faster despite it not being as clear as I would like.

For my monsters we'll start with a Reaper dragon...

Then a Lord of the Rings giant vampire thing

and finally a 10mm scale monster called the screamer, shown with some exotic (and larger than average) infantry for scale that I also painted this month. In the second picture it is riding it's dropship.

Then to finish off this month's oath we have a whole bunch of Dropzone Commander stuff

nesbit37 fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 21, 2016

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i, nesbit37, oath for June 35 phr units for dropzone commander. will definitely do an addition to hit the theme for the month but starting here.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Zark the Damned posted:

You could run a competition later in the season for them.

Speaking of competitions, I ended up being busier than planned at the weekend so still need to do the Monster May-Hem draw. No time like the present I guess!

I put together an index of entrants (green basics, yellow for multiple monsters, red for village destroying): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15wr5xEsdGyeFVkmrYYJ8HqB5ZNBHlJFmlbfYEEmYou8/edit?usp=sharing and made a roll: http://orokos.com/roll/407998

31 and 28 means overthefalls and nesbit37 are our lucky winners, congratulations! Message me to claim your prize and we'll figure out which webstore's most convenient for you.

Awesome, thanks Zark!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Ruling on the below model counting as 50% skin? If not I'll probably just paint Zara here and one other model that fits better anyway but time is starting to get tight for me for the month so I thought I would check.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath addition! one Zara the slayer.

nesbit37 posted:

i, nesbit37, oath for June 35 phr units for dropzone commander. will definitely do an addition to hit the theme for the month but starting here.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oath complete! claiming the theme challenge for Zara the slayer who is both scantily clad and relaxing by playing some blood bowl instead of her usual slaying activities. My place is in disarray right now so I had to forgo the light box for photos this month.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i nesbit37, oath for the month of July 81 Dwarven forge river tiles

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Wasn't planning on this today, but posting pics for speed paint for these dwarven forge water tiles.

nesbit37 posted:

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oath Complete! Claiming water painting jurnal and Speed Paint. I was planning on doing more than just these tiles this month but thanks to life I have been in a painting slump this past month. Hopefully Gen Con will revitalize me for August.

nesbit37 posted:

Wasn't planning on this today, but posting pics for speed paint for these dwarven forge water tiles.

nesbit37 posted:

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Zark the Damned posted:

Okay, the spreadsheet is now up to date, please be sure to go check it's correct. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=14

Also as it's the end of the third month, we'll be doing first quarter prizes soon (I think) and people should start getting 'Apprentice' achievements if you've done all three months!

Only a handful of Oathbreakers this time around, may you wear your red names in shame (in the spreadsheet anyway)!

FYI it looks like I didn't get credit for speed painting. Thanks for your work Zark!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i, nesbit37, oath 1 war rig, 20mm, by word forge games for August.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
WITNESS! theme challenge for the flames on the from of the war rig, I claim OATH COMPLETE!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I, nesbit37, oath for September the entire brewers team for guild ball (9 minis) and one ball

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath complete! Claiming theme challenge and I rolled a 6 for the plaid they are all wearing and for the ball marker.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i, nesbit37, oath for October, 3 union members for guild ball, and Dragonbait and Alias of Westgate by Ral Partha. Dragonbait is painted because I am using him for the rescue challenge.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath addition! one Hemlocke union player for guild ball.

nesbit37 posted:

i, nesbit37, oath for October, 3 union members for guild ball, and Dragonbait and Alias of Westgate by Ral Partha. Dragonbait is painted because I am using him for the rescue challenge.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oath complete! I am claiming theme challenge for the black clothes of the guild ball union members, its a rescue for Dragonbait and box art for Alias and Dragonbait.

nesbit37 posted:

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

JackMack posted:

Dude what book is that? I have hazy memories of it from my school days... 25 years ago. I recall the revealing chain mail shirt was something she woke up with after a spell or something. (even as a hormone driven teenager the dichotomy of revealing armour pissed me off).

Nice models btw. The GC Cult ones above are really good too.

I am so old.

ZtD your monsters are great too. I was thinking yourfrankensteins skirt was the same colour as his skin but he is a stone golem. So it is all stone. Homogeneity confirmed I suppose.

Straight from 1988, the book is Azure Bonds. Yeah, the armor is ridiculous and they even say in the book that it has special enchantments so it protects more than it looks like it protects :rolleye:

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i, nesbit37, oath for November owl bear and cubs (darksword, 28mm) and portrait of a young tiefling (darksword 1:10)

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Not done with my oath yet, but since I am doing the in progress pics achievement this month I figured I should show some of my progress on the bust I have been working on.

nesbit37 fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 21, 2016

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath complete! I am claiming theme challenge for the Owl Bear fall scene, WIP photos as well as backstory for the below.

Training day: Every fall when the spring brood is finally ambulatory the mother owl bear takes her young into the woods. Their quarry is not other beasts, as you may expect, but rather the pumpkins that grow underneath the branches of fall trees. We do not know if it is their shape, flavor or perhaps their orange color that attacks them, but the mother owl bear takes great care to locate and show her young this cold weather fruit. Upon its discovery, she promptly grips the pumpkin between her paws, and along with the aid of her beak, shows the cubs how to crush and explode the orange gourds with great alacrity. One can only speculate she is training the small owlings how to burst the heads of adventurers, as the technique is one many a inexperienced treasure seeker has seen demonstrated on their friends by the seasoned owl bears of the wild.

nesbit37 posted:

Not done with my oath yet, but since I am doing the in progress pics achievement this month I figured I should show some of my progress on the bust I have been working on.

nesbit37 fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Nov 25, 2016

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I, nesbit37, oath 1 zombicide necromancer for December

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath complete claiming theme challenge for the red robes.

Quick and dirty paint job for a really short painting month for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
It's portrait of a young tiefling bust from darksword miniatures.

• Locked thread