Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oath photos usually work pretty well with the flash on. It's one of the rare times it helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Getting back on the oath wagon:

Oathing a Reaper Skeletal Dragon, CMON Orsund Cavalier, and 5 Mantic Forge Father Steel Warriors:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

You oathed one guy! Make it work! Take one hour a day out of brushing Tracer's hair or whatever Overwatch is and paint. In a few days you should be done.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

GoodBee posted:

Can we post our half finished crap along with our oaths? Not for points but so we can feel shame when we don't finish? We can use Not an Oath.

If you fail an oath I think posting the picture is fine. If it's wholly oath unrelated though, I'd say the Miniature Painting Thread is more appropriate.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Oath Complete!

First, the Bone Dragon:

Next, the Orsund Cavalier. Unfortunately lost my front shot somehow, but it's in the may-hem photo at least.

Finally, my tabletop Steel Warriors:

Theme is the dragon, of course.

Also claiming Montster Mayhem, with Two of Them and the battle shots:

The Pharoah sets up a trap for the Ghouls

An Orsund Cavalier engages a group of Ravenscar

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

krushgroove posted:

Would you look at this? I've got the photo album for May uploaded just 2 days into June!

LATEST PHOTO ALBUM!!
for MAY:
Google Photos: https://goo.gl/photos/9AVDTvpN1jK7xaBFA
Imgur: http://imgur.com/a/zCvPI

My pictures are the first in the Imgur album but look like they're missing from the Google album.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Oathing a Culexus Assassin:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Speed Painting Complete!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Crap. Thought there was one more day.

Oath addition of Ilva the Siren from Wrath of Kings, CMON 28mm:

quote:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Oath Complete! Took some better photos of the Culexus too. Photos aren't great but it's late!

[bTheme[/b] for Ilva, as she's topless, and Speed Paint paint on the Eversors, but I guess both of them as I oathed Ilva 3 hours ago.

Also quoting the original oath complete post for bookkeeping:

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Speed Painting Complete!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

First oath of the month: a Regiment of Tomb Guard for Kings of War.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Bad time management this month! But still, Oath Complete!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Oathing Ephermaki, the Deep Caller Lord, and one Dreadball MVP:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

You have until Midnight in American Samoa, so like 5 am EST or 9 am GMT or something like that.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Arson Fire posted:

Oath Complete!

The big guy was fun. I was experimenting with different painting techniques than I normally use. Neutral zenithally highlighted colours to start with, then coloured by glazes.
I don't think I gave it quite enough contrast before I glazed it, and had to spend a while touching it up afterwards.
Still doesn't have quite as much contrast as I'd like, but then again my normal paint schemes tend to be eyeball searing.

You should be proud those guys are outstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

Marine turned out a bit bland, but overall happy with them. Turns out the real challenge of the oaths is not painting, its taking pictures once they are done.

Give the marine a black base rim. The cool gray blends with him and the brightness drags the focus away from the model. With a black rim, the grey rocks will act more as a frame than a subject, and the marine will pop more.

• Locked thread