Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«535 »
ronya
Nov 8, 2010

WATERWORLD IS MY FAVOURITE MOVIE AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT.

ACTUALLY, THAT'S A LIE I CARE VERY MUCH ABOUT MAKING SURE EVERYONE KNOWS IT.

I wondered whether it was the tempered glass that set off the change, but when I look it up, the 2014 NZXT H440 apparently had acrylic for its window.

I suppose its main innovation was pushing the PSU shroud down to the mid level + cable management to the point of obscuring the hard drives from visibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Getting ready to build a new rig. Im purchasing one of the dell 1440 144hz gsync monitors and will be using a 1080ti. I already know i wont be hitting 144hz on most games but thats ok.

I keep going back and forth on cpu setup. Is the 2600x and a b450 tomahawk a decent choice? My secondary thought is it would be easy to upgrade to Ryzen 2 in a year or two.

Would I be better off going with an 8600k?

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Whale Cancer posted:

Getting ready to build a new rig. Im purchasing one of the dell 1440 144hz gsync monitors and will be using a 1080ti. I already know i wont be hitting 144hz on most games but thats ok.

I keep going back and forth on cpu setup. Is the 2600x and a b450 tomahawk a decent choice? My secondary thought is it would be easy to upgrade to Ryzen 2 in a year or two.

Would I be better off going with an 8600k?

As much as I recommend ryzen you should probably go with intel if high refresh rate gaming is your main concern and itís within your budget.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT OF THE KUATO FAN CLUB 4/2/13-PRESENT

KUATO IS MY HERO! AMA!

So I ended up upgrading my i7-4790k for a i9-7900X, and a new Asus prime X299 deluxe mobo

Also added ddr4 ram for a total of 32gb. Everything else remains(2x1080ti, Ssd)

The difference is insane, I love it. Assassins creed finally runs at a constant 60fps with everything on, so thatís nice, but what I really like is that 3d rendering (modo) is insanely faster, the extra cores are super nice. The time spy demo ran at almost 15k points, notable difference with the only change being cpu mainly. I guess I was really cpu-limited.

The Asus mobo is also extremely nice and pretty looking, highly recommend.

«535 »