Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
In October of 2018, cryptomining does not seem like something worth making a compromise on that for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

Khablam posted:

You're still spending $200-300 to save 90mins to 2hours of work, though.

People say it doesn't take long and I guess in a relative sense it might still worthwhile, but I spent like 4 hours doing my build + 2-3 hours of watching other people on youtube and who knows how time spent reading so I wouldn't be nervous as hell doing it. Maybe I was overly cautious but I expect a lot of new builders will be the same. It isn't a nothing time commitment.

Were I to do it again then yeah I don't think it'd take long at all now I know what I'm doing, but without that experience it's different.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

just so you know, there's a ti 1070 for the same price (after rebate) as this right now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076Q6HT34/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

or if you keep your eyes open you can find new 1070s for like $300 fairly regularly