Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I think it was this thread someone posted a link to the little bit of software that turned off all the Windows 10 background tracking stuff, was wondering if anyone in here had a link to that, im not finding anything with the searcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Agoat posted:

Do any of you know anything about using a secondary PC for streaming to Twitch? I'd like to run CS:GO at nicely while keeping the 144 refresh rate but stream at least 720p60 on a second PC.

I have an external capture card but it uses HDMI input/outputs.

It depends on what your questions are, I guess.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

VelociBacon posted:

CSGO is so limited in it's demands that you can just use the same PC for your stream with OBS or w/e. Have you tried this yet?

I mean it depends on your settings i guess. The Source Engine is REAL good at running everything on garbo settings @ 1920x1080, but if he for some reason plans on streaming on high settings the game TANKS real bad.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
If I got an SSD and wanted to have windows boot off of it would I have to format my main drive with Windows currently installed on it then install windows to the SSD?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Dead Goon posted:

Yes, you would have to install Windows on your SSD for it to boot on your SSD.

The main question was whether or not I would have to format my main drive, but thanks for the unhelpful snark!

Thanks for the info everyone else, will keep that in my mind once tax returns come around