Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Just ordered my first Intel parts last week, I've always been AMD because of a low budget but I finally upgraded to a r9 390x and my old fx-8120 black is no longer able to keep up with current games.

I just got a new i5-6600k and some ddr4 memory with a gigabyte gaming 3 mobo.

Hopefully my cpu/ram won't be a bottleneck for another 5 years or so like the last one (2010/2011)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
I got a new r9 290x 8gb about 2 months ago and I've noticed that it's got a pretty noisy coil whine (louder than all 6 fans in my case by far) from day one on certain games menu screens. I've had some graphical artifacts show up on a few games either after playing for hours or during menus of some games. I realized that a few games weren't properly utilizing vsync and I was pumping out about 150+ fps during the menus which I assume was causing the audible whine and glitches.

Has anyone else had these issues with a new GPU or should I send it back for an RMA?