Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The Vulcans - Issue #1
(An Unofficial Scanlation)

Ahhhh, Zone Twenty Six. Already a peaceful part of Neo Central City, ever since the six of you defeated Havok a week ago, thing have been mostly quiet. You've all had time to move into your new home, an old Toy-Factory that now serves as your base of operations, granted to you all by the League of Heroes. It's not really been cleared all the way out yet, and there's still tons of factory equipment, unsent packages of dolls, unwatched electrical cabling, etc, lying around. Which room has each of you claimed, and how have you decorated them?

Sadly, despite your earlier heroism, none of you have ranked up yet - but a base is just as good, right? Not like you've all had a chance since then to try and fight more villains... up until today, aside from the whistles and gears of industry and the roar of traffic, things had been rather quiet.

The Foundry
Current Tags: +Big, +Secure, +Teleportal, -Dangerous, -Distant

Today though, there's a problem - or perhaps an opportunity. All of you get messages on your communicators from the League simultaneously - though Ema gets a followup one from her aunt, seconds later.

MSG to the Vulcans posted:

Metal Band Gang attacking shops in your district! Green-Level Threat, proceed to attached coordinates and subdue them.

txt to Ema, from her Aunt posted:

Good luck against the Metal Band Gang sweetie. They're delinquents - easy to outsmart, but don't underestimate how strong they are. They can all transform at least once, so lookout for that. Know you got things covered, but warn your team. Tell your mom Hi for me next time you see her, OK?

From what all of you know, they're a Heavy Metal Band that utilizes enchanted musical instruments to rock out and commit ridiculous and destructive crimes, with frequent clashes with the League's Metal Bat Gang. They're technically a higher rank threat than what you're supposed to be taking on... but you got this, right?

Once you've all gathered - no matter how you got there, though please mention how - the signs of their overpowered vandalism are obvious and everywhere. Looks like the League got their location wrong - though they're obviously nearby, based on the sounds of people panicking and the presence of lots of rubble and fires. How do you all intend to track them down and defeat them?

Metal Band Gang

Amazing Amazon - Awful nice of your aunt to offer advice like that, especially since she obviously knows what she's talking about. Is this the first time she's offered you advice like that unsolicited? What of her message do you tell the team, and what of your own do you have to suggest?

Punch Prodigy - With a week since your fight with Havok, you've had some valuable training time. What have you been practicing, and how will it serve you against these delinquents today? Based soley on what their instruments tell you about each of them, which of the five members of the Metal Band Gang do you want to fight?

CODE - How odd - from what you understand, don't most bands play music in order to make people move rhythmically, earn money to spend on other things, for things called "likes", or to woo? Why do you think this band has resorted to crime? Will this be the first band you have "seen live"?

Junior Jumble - Between your home and your team's base, how have you divided your time? Has Cassandra come over to visit the Foundry yet? What pattern do you think you're noticing in the destruction the Metal Band Gang is leaving behind, and how might what it signifies be useful to the team?

Zero Fighter - Seems everyone's decided to make you leader for this - perhaps because of your performance against Havok? Do you think it was enough to impress Punch Prodigy, or will it take more than that? What strategy do you suggest to your teammates for defeating your foes?

Slipstream - Defeating a Superpowered Metal Band calls for more than images posted to the Internet... it calls for video, right? That way you have audio too? How do you intend on using this fight to further your career? What do you think of the Lancaster Sporting Goods shop nearby that they seem to have destroyed?

I'll edit the team name once you all actually settle on one. Going to set a deadline of Friday before I just assign a (terrible) one.

Setting Infodoc
NPC Infodoc
Influence Sheet
OOC Thread

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

drat.

I had a day off today. No school, no therapy session and things were quiet on the Hamasaki Industry front, so I didn't have to worry about my mom.

And speaking of, the packages that my mom sent me (or Zero Fighter, rather) were just delivered today. I was aiming to turn the spacious processing plant into a garage for my Armor. The overseer office (that also connected to the main part of the factory via a secondary door) was the perfect place to setup a bed to sleep if need be. There was various ramps and lifts that would help me move along... in short, it was perfect. Some of the packages were machinery that some techs were going to install, others were software that would overwrite the previous algorithms that ran the machines here. Instead of making dolls, they would maintain my armor when the need arise. Oh yeah, today was going to be fun...

...then the call came and my day was shattered. Music. why did it have to be music?

It started when my team voted me leader. 'My' team. Honestly, I didn't know what to say to that. What can you say? Thanks for the honor, I hope I don't get you all killed like my father?

...why do people insist on pushing me to lead? My mom pushing me to lead Hamasaki, my Father injecting me with the Microbe so that I can lead the Zero armor... and now this. Leader of the Vulcans.

I am so not ready for this.

So here I am... here we are. Downtown. Again. Facing devastation. Again. No doubt Councilman Moyer will spin it to make us the reason behind this, the prick. And now he is my responsibility. I gotta deal with him. The burden of leadership.

I am so not ready for this.

The awesome thing about my helmet, however, is that it hides my expressions perfectly. No one can see the uncertainty in my features. Especially not Punch Prodigy... though I'm sure he sensed it. Such is the closeness we both gained these last few weeks. It's getting to the point that we maybe getting too close. Isn't it taboo to garner feeling with someone teaching you to fight?

Plus, I'm now a leader. bad things happen with inter-office romance outside of marriage. Or so my mom says.

"Alright, we're on the clock here." I say through the voice scrambler. My voice came out as a scratchy, heavy bass. "We need to take these bastards out before Moyer nails us with sound pollution, or whatever the hell he comes up with."

I closed my eyes and almost insantly my Wi-Fi connection sent out signals towards the closest of Hamasaki industries owned satellites.

Unleash Powers posted:

[03:38] <TheJoshie> Unleash Powers (Satelite uplink)
[03:38] <Heliotrope> Rauri: I loving love that text from him
[03:38] <TheJoshie> !r 2d6+1
[03:38] <Krysmbot> TheJoshie, 9+1 = 10
[03:39] <TheJoshie> ^_^
[03:39] <Rauri> Helio - : ) hooray
[03:39] <TheJoshie> First roll is a 10.

...the connection was a success and soon, I would get an exact layout of the area and where the Metal Band Gang were located. all that was needed was for the Satellite to align properly in orbit. I wiggled my fingers in anticipation and even bounced on my toes a few times. "I'm getting a schematic of the area now. Toshiko, you and Slipstream got damage control. You move things out of the way, Slipstream you get civilians out of here...."

First order of business: Keep Slipstream busy so that she doesn't flash us onto mass media. As for Toshiko (I hate calling her Junior Jumble... it's too demeaning for my tastes), her powers will be a great help clearing rubble and repairing damage. So far so good...

"Amazon and Prodigy, you two will be on me. I'm taking point. We are going to smash these guys faces in. Code, attack them from their sides as we take their attention."

Amazon and Prodigy are the best fighters we have. I take point, because the leader belongs on the frontlines. Code can fill in the gaps with some creative shape-shifting.

This plan... sounded pretty decent. This may not be so hard afterall!

...yeah, if I keep telling myself this, then maybe... _maybe_ it might actually be true.

"Any questions?"

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 09:08 on May 3, 2016

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior 2 | Superior 1 |Mundane 2
Potential 0/5 Conditions: None Yet

Man, fighting Havok was the coolest poo poo, did you know that it's actually super fun to fight giant robots? I still can't believe that Zero Fighter who SOMEHOW got elected leader actually, you know, blames me for that? It's not like I tweeted a photo of her out of costume or anything (I've never SEEN her out of costume), so what, she didn't think she wasn't over the internet a million times already? I mean, people take pictures, all the time! Gosh. She might have even just checked one of the local registries, since while they normally don't show the small-fry it's not HARD to find one with one, KI think, at least. That's what I've heard. Really, more publicity is a /good/ thing. It gets us deals, and noticed, and soon people will be offering us poo poo or pushing for our ranks to go up! You don't get anything for people NOT KNOWING you're a superhero!

But whatever. I don't live full time in the Foundry but I've set my room up how I like it, absurdly pastel, lots of soft things, all my sports equipment and gaming consoles...

But anyways, my wristwatch communicator, very different than my Wrist Bows, which are my little gauntlet-shooter things, distinct and important difference, my wristwatch communicator says hey, there's a loving BAND TO DEFEAT! Oh gently caress man, I've never fought a band before, that sounds tight as poo poo! And they're apparently roughly equivalent to the Metal Bat Gang, which means that any given two of us can wreck their poo poo.

Sweet!

So anyways, I'm here, I've got a little headband thing tied up in my hair and around my head with a go-pro strapped to it, since only loving Nerds wear helmets. I have not mentioned this, but I'm sure Zero Fighter noticed, and it's already set to record. S' got the wifi turned off so it's okay. No one's going to hack into it or anything. This'll get us Live, this'll get us On STage, and this'll get us ON THE NEWS. We'll record every second that we spend loving these guys up.

It's going to be great.

Of course I'm sure that's why she immediately put me on Damage Control, so I wouldn't film it or whatever, but it's not like that's going to take long, and if I see a chance to help? I'm gonna, no matter if she wants me to or not. Look, ZERO fighter, I didn't vote for you and I helped you take out your drat backstory villain, cut me some slack, here!

"Not sure why you think I'm the best for this, but whatever." I give my best SHRUG, shaking my drat head. Whatever she wants, buddy.

I lift my grapnels and shoot myself up towards the rooftops, so I can get a better look across this place. Now, what do I need to do, here, to get people out? I /am/ a hero, I don't want anyone to die.

(NeaPhone) Assess the Situation, Animasks(NeaPhone) !roll 2d6+1(Krysmbot) NeaPhone, 8+1 = 9
● What here is in the greatest danger?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Freak +3 | Danger +1 | Savior 0 | Superior 0 | Mundane -1

One thing that Toshiko's powers are really handy for is moving; herself, other people, objects, you name it. Even the heaviest antique hardwood bookshelf isn't that hard to move when you can just turn it into a bunch of puzzle pieces with a tap. Sure, it takes a few trips and a couple boxes, but it's way easier than the alternative. And...She kind of likes when the others on the team walk in give her that look--they don't say anything, but you can tell they're thinking--how did she get all this in here with her noodle arms, let alone fit it through the door? Well, little pleasures.

This room--well, she's not sure what it used to be. It was filled to the brim with doll heads and Slipstream seemed to think she'd love it. Jerk. Well, it was easy enough to get them all out and make it feel like home. Her house has plenty of unused rooms full of old furniture so there was plenty to spare. It all looks nice--though the only thing really comfortable in here is the slightly-smelly easy chair she got off of the internet. With a few extra touches of warmth like her favorite puzzles, some pillows and blankets if she needs to do and all-nighter and it's like a home away from home now. Home, she thought to herself. She hadn't spent much time there, lately. Setting up the Forge had taken a lot of her time; it used to be a complete deathtrap. Now it's only a partial deathtrap. Maybe Cassandra can visit soon, once they've cleared away the last of the detritus.

Toshiko's communicator jingles. As the information crawls by, her eyes go wide. "The Metal Band Gang? They're uh, a bit above our weight class..." But then, she thinks to herself, everyone else on the team is pretty strong, maybe they can handle it. And after all, they did beat Havok. Barely. Sort of.

She portals Downtown to join up with the team. While technically her powers can be used for travel, it's not good for long distance unless you want to puke. The street is a total mess; windows smashed in, tables overturned, even a few walls caved in. For a moment, she loses heart, but looks to Ema. She's got to be brave--if she screws up, she'll just drag Ema down.

After Zero Fighter briefs them and gives out jobs--Toshiko is grateful to be given something indirect. Her power isn't great for head-on fights. It's better for coming at people indirectly or helping others. As she follows Slipstream to set up, she notices something odd by one of the shops. At first, she thought it was just more glass, but as she gets closer, she realizes a broken-up CD--actually, a lot of them. Holding one of the shards, she concentrates. She can break things apart, but just as easily bring them back together; very useful in situations like this.

pre:
19:15	Mr_Fowl		!r 2d6+3
19:15	Krysmbot	Mr_Fowl, 5+3 = 8
The shards began to shake and clatter and float towards the piece in Toshiko's hand. It was broken up pretty bad, so it takes a bit and isn't exactly perfect, but it doesn't have to be. And when it comes back together, it all makes sense. She runs over to Zero with the partly-repaired CD and says "I know why they're attacking." She holds up the CD. Scrawled on it in sharpie is "Metal Band Gang" and a date, last Saturday. "Bootleg CDs. They're busting up the town, hunting down bootleg recordings!"

Rolled a 7-9, so the repair is unstable/temporary, which is fine. I don't need it for long

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Freak +1 | Danger 0 | Savior 0 | Superior +2 | Mundane 0

One week, that’s how long it’s been since we fought off Havok. After that exercise in dodging, I need to make sure I can still stand my ground against opponents, instead of giving it up to dodge. That’s where my sparring with Sumiye has been a huge help. She packs a wallop, but her moves are easy to read and redirect. Lately though, her resolve in our bouts has been floundering. Is it just the Captain thing, or something else?

Other than that, most my time spent this past week has been filled with chores. I've been living off a cot on the factory floor, but the wide open space is excellent for workouts, sparring, meetings, a villain attack on the base... Whose idea was it to send us to this dilapidated factory in the boonies anyway? I guess that comes paired with the dubious honor of being the lowest ranked D class team. I bet if an A class team switched up bases they wouldn’t be doing the heavy lifting. Or maybe they would, if… Well. I sure wouldn’t.

<♫”Foes are closing in and covering the sky”♫>

Sweet! The communicator! Something to do I hope. Ha, a text? That’s how they let us know? “Metal Band Gang attacking shops in your district! Green-Level Threat, proceed to attached coordinates and subdue them.” Wait, Metal Band Gang, that rings a bell. Should be OK to check the archives real quick.
“…adolescent touring music and villain group…instruments each draw power from and are inhabited by a daemonic spirit”
Holy poo poo. I need to let the team know. There may be more to these guys than it seems. 6 on 5 though. Doesn’t seem fair, but then again we’re punching above our weight class.

The communicator again! But this time it’s a call? Oh, Sumiye. Duh.

Zero Fighter posted:

"Alright, we're on the clock here." I say through the voice scrambler. My voice came out as a scratchy, heavy bass. "We need to take these bastards out before Moyer nails us with sound pollution, or whatever the hell he comes up with."
"Amazon and Prodigy, you two will be on me. I'm taking point. We are going to smash these guys faces in. Code, attack them from their sides as we take their attention."
A frontal assault, awesome. Who to turn my attention to though? Hmmm, if I had magic drumsticks, I’d Kali stick the mess out of someone. The drummer will be my opponent. Fitting. I open up my mic

“Guys, leave the drummer to me, I think it’ll go well.”

After I close the mic, I switch comms to Sumiye’s headset.

“Keep your focus, we’re gonna kick their asses.”

<bacon_flaps> Been reading the files about the Metal Band Gang, let's see if there's anything relevant
<bacon_flaps> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> bacon_flaps, 12+2 = 14
<bacon_flaps> lmao
<Rauri-phone> Wow

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 4, 2016

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Slipstream posted:

"Not sure why you think I'm the best for this, but whatever."

My armor kept me rigid, unmoving, giving a sign of being uncaring of Slipstream's comment. "Toshiko may also need backup incase you two run into a welcoming committee, Slipstream. It's called teamwork."

That came out harsher than I wanted. My anxiety is getting the best of me.

Punch Prodigy posted:

“Keep your focus, we’re gonna kick their asses.”

And there he was, being awesome, cutting through my panic attack like a hot knife through butter.

"Thanks for the confidence..." I replied, my suit automatically switching to heavy encryption so that only Hikaru could hear, "...but honestly, I don't think I'm worthy to lead you all into battle."

Keep my focus? My problem is that everything was going 'out' of focus. This used to be so simple. Punch things. Kick things. They don't get back up. Job done. But now... "...all I see is my dad. I tried to rescue him... to protect him, and he died. And now I'm responsible for all of you as well? I don't know if I can take another person dieing because of my poor judgement."

And there it was, hung out to dry. It was actually easy to say that to Hikaru. Outside our spars, he was very unjudging. "...I'm not ready for this. I could barely lead against Havok..."

quote:

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence and hold 1. Spend your hold to show up when they're in danger.

+1 Hold to show up when Punch is in danger.

My conversation was interrupted by Toshiko...

Junior Jumble posted:

She runs over to Zero with the partly-repaired CD and says "I know why they're attacking." She holds up the CD. Scrawled on it in sharpie is "Metal Band Gang" and a date, last Saturday. "Bootleg CDs. They're busting up the town, hunting down bootleg recordings!"

I switched back to vocal mode, not moving an inch. "...that will make them easier to find... I'll focus my search on Music Stores and shops that sell CD's..."

Music stores? God. drat. It. My frustration of being forced to face my trauma transferred into my voice, making me sound less grateful than I actually was towards Toshiko. It was the last thing I wanted.

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 4, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

"At least the list shouldn't be too long. The only ones who buy physical media anymore are old people and audiophiles." And her dad. She frowns a bit, thinking about his music room, unused for months now.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Freak +1 | Danger -1 | Savior +1 | Superior +2 | Mundane 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

Getting to the scene of the disturbance was simple - seeing as I have no particular responsibilities outside of the team, I was free at our base, and my physical body is capable of flight, and there is a spectacular lack of physical obstacles from ten metres or higher in the air! That said, the situation that's unfolding is rather perplexing! So I say as much when we are all together.

<Forgive me for my lack of certainty, but are we certain this is a crime, and not simply an excessively elaborate visual and auditory performance? Would it not be an amusing and exciting misunderstanding if this was simply a live performance of eccentric means?> It would be the first live performance of music I'd witnessed, which is exciting in of itself!

I stay in flight, to try and get a better look at a larger area. If it does come to a fight, of course, I'll follow Zero Fighter's plan of operations, they must know what they're doing, but I'm still sincerely hoping this can be resolved without a fight!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Savior +3 | Superior +0 | Mundane +1

I took some room, not sure what it was originally, at the top of one of the taller sections of The Foundry, and made it my room! It took a bit of work, had to cut a hole open in the roof and replaced it with a skylight to get better lighting in, and then I drapped colored cloth over the normal windows and the lamps to give it a cozy warm red-orange-gold feel. Since I usually live at home, I just brought one of those hide-a-bed couches in instead of a full bed and put down a couple beanbag chairs to laze around in, and a small TV I saved from the wreckage of our last fight and a bookshelf full of books and magazines. It's pretty cozy, though if you aren't athletic its a bit of a walk to get up there - I usually practice climbing by swinging and jumping alone the metal bars on the outside until I get up there, but I know not everyone is up to that - so there's normal stairs, even if they are a bit steep.

I was laying on the couch reading one of my magazines when the messages came in. Finally something that might get us some recognition! I can't help but grin the entire way down the base to the teleportal, though I take a slightly more restrained expression as I materialize next to the rest of the team. "Good plan Zero Fighter!" It still seems a bit hard to believe enough of us actually voted for him, I was sure I was going to get stuck with it, so this is a nice change of pace for once. "They're pretty tough but not too smart, and they can all transform at least once, how do you want us to deal with that? Should we try and blitz down as many as possible before they have a chance, just fight it out, or..?" I'm not the leader, so I'll let him decide.

Aunt Theresa has given me plenty of advice before, though none of it was about an opponent, mainly because there is no one worthwhile to fight in this zone. But still, the intel is appreciated, especially if it'll help us keep civilians from getting caught up in it. Oh, speaking of appreciated!

@Auntie T posted:

Will do! Thanks for the info, I've let the team know. Watch your back, I'll be coming for you soon :)

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

I open my secure line to Sumiye and call her name.

"Sumiye, when I tell you to focus, I mean it. It's like sensei told me:

'Let your eyes look straight ahead;
fix your gaze directly before you.
Give careful thought to the paths for your feet
and be steadfast in all your ways.'

I know you're probably feeling overwhelmed right now, but you've gotta put that away for now. You can't feel responsible for your dad, he chose to save you. As for us? We're all responsible for each other, so even if you slip, we have your back. You're our Captain after all. And when those times come that you need to decompress, I'll be there. But right now, you need to find your drat center, or inner peace, or zen, or whatever you want to call it, and you need to lead with confidence."

Switching back to team broadcast as we near the gang's probable location, I pause to reiterate,

"Clench those teeth, everyone, cause we're in for a fight."

[01:20] <bacon_flaps> Comfort/Supporting Zero Fighter with Heroic Traditon, chin up Captain
[01:20] <bacon_flaps> !r 2d6+3
[01:20] <Krysmbot> bacon_flaps, 9+3 = 12
[01:20] <bacon_flaps> booya
[01:22] <Mr_Fowl> Holy poo poo that logo godfish
[01:23] <Yawniphonerir> being supportive if your teammates?! in masks?!

Adding a team to the pool.
+ Mundane, - Freak on Zero Fighter from re-gaining influence.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The ????s - Issue #1

With Zero Fighter having pinpointed their location via her suit's advanced tech, it doesn't take the team long to get there - though Slipstream, forging her own path atop the rooftops, is separated from her teammates. Arriving, it looks like the villains you've been assigned to take out are... devastating a strip mall, currently in the process of obliterating a Duncan's Music off the face of the Earth.

Though it takes them a second or two to notice you, eventually one of them - the Rhythm Guitarist, lanky with brown hair and ripped black clothes - alerts the others to your presence. "OHH! Looks like we gots fans!"

"They'res not fans, or evens groupies - they're Heroes... idiot," Their other guitarist responds haughtily, unslinging his instrument from his back as he does. "You knows, likes the ones that puts us in Metals-Jails last times?"

Their drummer gives you all a sarcastic wave, then even more sarcastically corrects his blonde bandmate. "It was just a regular jail, there's no such thing as metal jail."

"But their totally should be!" The hugest and grossest among them - their bassist - hisses out, between munches of giant handfuls of chips. "Like, with acid and knives... and tits."

"That'd be Metal," their hulking leader agrees, looking squarely at all of you (except for Slipstream). "But right now, lets worry about these Heroes - Oh! I got a new song idea!" He leers menacingly at the Team for a moment before adding "Hero Hammers!" in an epic growl.

And then the five of them dash off suddenly in different directions, each of them facing off against a different hero - almost as if an artist wanted to draw an eleborate splash page in the middle of the issue of all of them with their instruments drawn!

CODE - No sooner have you turned your head than the Metal Band's Guitarist is opposite where you're looking, giving you a wave with a hand holding a component of his stringed instrument. "I'm Hawkkyooku Hawkus," he starts. "And I'ms the fastest guitarist in the worlds!" He seems intent on proving this too - in the blink of an eye he's streaking towards you like a bolt of lightning, wicked edge of his Mighty Axe gleaming and sharp! What do you do?

Junior Jumble - "We don'ts haves to fight," your opponent - the brown haired rhythm guitarist - begins. He's definitely got his instrument drawn, regardless of his words, and the winds blowing his loose brown hair about dramatically. "Betweens you and me, I'd win anyways - I'm Takos Waisaishis by the ways, if you wants and autographs - but we should just fakes it, yeah?" He looks really excited by the idea. "Just, lets them fight, and whoever's side loses goes homes?" Is this guy really a villain? Do you accept or reject his offer?

Zero Fighter - Hikaru may've wanted him, but you've got him - looks like the drummer's decided to match off against you. "Pikurusu Drumamums, you're a hero, I gotta take you down," he sums up real quick, adjusting his red hair with a giant drumstick before flipping them both in his hands with a grin. Somehow drumming on middair, he grins even wider - and bright crimson cracks erupt towards you, pyrotechnical fire and explosive drum attacks destroying cars and asphalt and headed your way before you could even properly respond! What do you do?

Punch Prodigy - To your dismay, the drummer's not the one that's matched off against you - instead, it's the disgusting looking bassist, who's glaring at you with the type of look that's usually reserved for horror movies. "Betsuhs Batsuhsman," he begins, his voice a boiling teakettle. "I'm going to eat your head," he announces to you, and it's kinda hard to tell if that's just a taunt or if he's being serious about it. No matter the case, the funky jams and beats he starts laying down on his double bass, all of them hurtling towards you, probably takes priority. What do you do?

Based on the devastation they've caused so far / attack that Betsuhs's just launched against you, it's clear by now that the musicians in the Metal Band Gang are a lot stronger than they used to be / the League thinks they are. Follow up question?

Amazing Amazon - "I can't believe I get to punch an Amazon," your foe - the band's frontman and singer, a neanderthal with long black hair and the deepest voice you've ever heard - muses. "That could even be an album title!" It looks like he wants to text that to himself for a second, but he doesn't. Instead, he grips the microphone he's wielding a little harder, and suddenly both he and it are made out of some strange black metal. "MY NAME IS KUROKODIERU BLACKASTU, OUR BAND'S CALLED DAEMONBLADE, AND IT'S TIME TO GET METAL!" He lunges forward, microphone mace in hand, ready to strike!

--------------------

Slipstream - Wow, really? None of them even noticed you're here? As far as the Metal Band Gang's concerned, it's a five versus five, a true battle of the bands... which leaves you in an interesting position. None of them know you're here, or (probably) are ready for a two vs one. Sooo... who do you choose to help? Or is the time not yet right - after all, with a little more work, you could probably arrange a lot more media attention for this teamfight before making your debut?

Pick a name by Friday or I'm assigning one~

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:27 on May 4, 2016

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Potential 1/5 Conditions: None Yet

Jesus, this place is wrecked! As I dart across the rooftops I don't see any civilians to rescue, which conveniently, means that I don't have to rescue anyone! Still, they've kind of wrecked the poo poo out of thi place, even one if my dad's stores. Which is not exactly endearing me to them, yanno? Jeez... I frown, and set myself up on the rooftops, but no one even notices! They're all just set up to fight the rest of my team!

Well... if everyone is busy, that gives me a moment to deploy the first gadget thag my dad's team made for me: The Instant Media Kit! After a bit of rummaging in my bag I pull out an orange cube and toss it into the air...

Revealing a gadget, use one of three, Mundane Unleash My Powers
!roll 2d6+2
NeaCell, 8+2 = 10

Extending my senses to get live, 360 feed of the fight to teammates communicators and Slipstream's devices to upload later

And with that, it pops into ten or sixteen minicameras, strategically attaching them throughout the area, giving a full view, transmitted to my team!

"Check your watches, have a present." While it only shows this area, it's still useful. And with that dine, let's get too the REALLY drat show here! I slide my goggles down over my eyes, big fukkin smile crawling over my face, bend my knees, and leap into the battlefield,wheels soinning, bat drawn and heading straight for their drummer! gently caress the police, no air drumming or fire's going to stop me!

(Failed direct Engage, one potential. )

Nea fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 4, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Toshiko eyes the guitarist, hands in her puzzle-jumbled, technicolor hoodie. "They call me Junior Jumble. Not that I mind; Ema needs all the points she can get with the League--but shouldn't your boss be fighting our leader?" She casually points to Zero Fighter. "I mean, it's traditional." Her eyes start to glow and her hair flows from her hood as a spectral sliding puzzle appears in her hands. "Sure, we don't have to fight." There's an something different about her voice now, an unearthly distortion. "But I will help my team." St. Elmo's fire or something like it erupts from the ground between them, snaking lines across the battlefield. In mere moments, a the team of heroes and the raucous villains are both standing on a strange grid and the ground beneath Toshiko's feet falls away to some strange place that even she knows not where. She shifts her weight on the nothing she stands upon and stares down her opponent as best as she is able. "I hope you can say the same, second-stringer."

pre:
11:08	Mr_Fowl	UNLEASH POWERS
11:08	Mr_Fowl	!r 2d6+3
11:08	Krysmbot	Mr_Fowl, 7+3 = 10
I unleashed my powers to turn the battlefield into a sliding puzzle. Junior Jumble will now be moving people and objects around to the advantage of the team!

Hopefully this will provide a mechanical advantage?

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Really? This ugly jerk? AND the drummer is attacking Sumiye? It's good that we outnumber them. If these guys really are stronger than the league thinks, what's happened in the time between their last ranking and now? I need to finish my fight fast, the sooner we can improve our number advantage, the better.

Now for my opponent. I know he's a daemon powered musician, but it's not like his basslines are anything complicated. As I glance around the battlefield, I see the terrain surfaces start to shift and change. With JJ's help I should easily be able to slip between his gallops and get next to him. After that, I'm sure I can get him to make a mistake.

I open up a line to her, and ask her to help:

"Hey Jumbles, any way you can slide me next to that walking punchable face, the bassist?" She doesn't need to know I'm trying to see what, if anything, is visible between the seams of the grid she created.

Slipstream better not be using her free time right now getting reinforcements called in on us. Wait, did she just head for the drummer? Hope she can find an opening...

As I find myself next the bassist, I start to smirk. This should be fun. "Hey fugly, I bet your moves are as slow as your playing, you cut-rate bassist."

[13:27] <bacon_flaps> Gonna provoke the poo poo out of the bassist.
[13:27] <bacon_flaps> !r 2d6+2
[13:27] <Krysmbot> bacon_flaps, 10+2 = 12
[13:28] <Rauri-phone> Beginning to feel that all dice love you Bacon. Had thought it was that one stupid d20
[13:28] <Rauri-phone> But yeah, looks like it's all
[13:28] <bacon_flaps> ill never mark potential!
[13:28] <capfalcon_work> jimmies successfully rustled

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 4, 2016

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Potential: 0+1/5 | Conditions:

"Hello, Hawkkyooku Hawkus! I hope I am saying that correctly, I apologise if I'm not, I'm unfamiliar with your name, still!" I say with a grin and a wave (Humans wave to each other in greeting, right? Well, that or make physical contact with hands and arms and mouths, but that seems dangerous in this situation!) "I am interested to hear your musical performance, but I cannot allow you to cause more harm to people and/or structures in this vicinity! Please do not resist, I have no intention of causing you pain or damage!"

As I speak, I stretch, limbs extending to try and wrap around him, constrict and restrain him. I don't have to hurt him, just make him incapable of hurting others, right?

[4:48pm] Nown: Unleashing Powers
[4:48pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+1
[4:48pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 4+1 = 5
Marking Potential

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

...Wow.

I've been watching the members of DAEMONBLADE in open mouthed amazement as they notice and prepare to fight us. Aunt Theresa wasn't joking when she said they weren't very smart, if anything that was... an understatement. Well now, what to do. Obvious upsides are that, one, we out number them, two they're all really stupid, and three Toshiko just made the ground turn into some kind of sliding puzzle, which because they're so stupid they'll probably be unable to put to any tactical use, at all, and four, I don't see any civilians around so the only pressure is going to come from having to beat these clowns, instead of having to beat them and protect people.

"Is that 'Punch an Amazon' or the full sentence?" It does sort of sound like a good band name. Sadly for Kurok... the lead singer, he isn't going to get a chance. Whatever his power is -turning into metal maybe?- I doesn't make him not telegraph his blow. Testing to see what exactly it does do, I shift my golden shield in the path of his mace and stab forward with my spear at his side. Can I break through his black coating with just a stab?

<godfish> directly engage kurokodieru blackastu
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 3-1 = 2
<godfish> :D
<bacon_flaps> goddamn
<godfish> I shouldn't have spelled out his name, rip

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Freak 0 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane 0

I watched as the drummer stood confidently in front of me. Shame, he looked like the perfect opponent for Hikaru, but that's life for you. More importantly, this signalled that there was no turning back. Battle was joined and everyone had their assignments...

...wait. Who setup a camera behind the band... Goddamnit, Slipstream...

Right... focus.

That drummer is talking... spend it to plan. The way he is talking, he is probably boasting. Maybe he is assuming I'm the strong one... or maybe he is assuming that because I'm in zone 26, I'm not as strong as any other hero he is used to? Maybe I should show him his error?

I was about to go straight at him. I hesitated. And a good thing to as I saw him drum the air infront of him, producing... what exactly? Explosions? Seismic charges?

Whatever. Side step it.

And with a quick sidestep, I saw the opening: His attack was too linear. And I took it., my foot booster jets roaring as I charged forward, running towards the drummer with great speed and intensity, far faster than he had time to prep a defense for. With a hit that would make a linebacker jealous, I crashed into him, shoulder first, right into his soft gut, lifting him up and over Slipstreams 360 camera (that must've been a hell of a shot), and landing onto a parked SUV, which then skidded through a concrete wall and into a grocery store, sparks flying, as it squealed to a stop at the produce section, which sent potatoes, carrots and beets rolling and flinging all over the place!

I had no way of knowing that my hit moved the drummer out of Slipstreams path as she was making her own dramatic attack. Not only did I steal her shot, but I made her 'whiff' and make a fool of herself in front of her own camera.

...oops.

His own Drumsticks went flying in the opposite direction, no doubt the stunning hit sent him into a tizzy that his grasp on them loosened, and thanks to the spectacular landing, he was still out of it as I straddled him MMA style.

"Time for my own drum solo!"

And the rain of forearms began, or a 'thunderstorm' of forearms, rather. These blows were thunderous, aiming to ensure that he didn't want to get back up, that he didn't want to hurt other people, that maybe... just _maybe_ he consider a career change and rethink his life..

quote:

[13:49] <TheJoshie> Directly Engage (slamming Drummer to the ground for a good ole fashioned ground and pound drum solo!)
[13:50] <TheJoshie> !r 2d6+2
[13:50] <phoneflaps> Ganbare taichou :o
[13:50] <Krysmbot> TheJoshie, 10+2 = 12

Using China Shop to pick an additional option.

Thus:

1. Resist/avoid blows.
2. Take away something (Drumsticks)
3. Impress/Surprise/Frighten them.

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 5, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Teen Hero Team - Issue #2
The battle's begun. Our heroes face off against daemonic metalheads - which side will emerge victorious?
Four pages of badly colored fanart go here

Smoke and dust rises from the battlefield, thanks almost entirely to Pikurusu Drumamums and his psychokinetic percussions, joined by a chorus of car alarms and panicked voices. What few civilians remained in the area are certainly eager to leave now - they're sprinting in all directions away from the fight, though at least for now, it doesn't seem as if the villains Teen Hero Team is up against are that interested in attacking them. Not when there's you all to fight, anyways!

Floating high above, Slipstream's device records the goings on - and, thanks to Wi-Fi integration, anyone on the team can check through its cameras via their communicator watch. Probably not the best time to be doing so, though.

While the individual battles continue, everyone in the area is momentarily stopped by / has a chance to make a reaction-shot face about two DAEMONBLADE members - Drummer and Bassist - both beginning elaborate transformation sequences*! Emanating energy and strange sounds while they play their demonic instruments, both of them emerge looking far deadlier and less human than ever, a newly conjured windstorm ripping across the strip-mall battlefield an ominous sign as well.

*Important note, per international treaty, it is ILLEGAL to attack enemies during transformation sequences - so long as they're clearly putting forth some effort. This actually helps more Heroes than it hurts, so the League enforces this law whenever possible.

Slipstream - (Take a Powerful Blow.) Air drumming and fire very, very much stop you. Not only that, but the explosive energy you inadvertently steered directly into (kinda tricky to dodge, in your defense) sent you hurtling backwards, your momentum painfully arrested by a mini-van you've just left a pretty good impression in. Ouch. Perhaps even worse than the physical pain is your pride... there's STILL no one paying any attention to you! What do you do now?

Junior Jumble - "Awwws, I was hopings we could be nice about dis," Takos complains. "Your move is pretty cool, but check dis out!" By 'dis' he apparently means the winds he's conjuring up with his guitar, melodic rhythms and power chords empowering the cyclone he's fretted into creation! It soon spreads to cover the battlefield - and from the looks of how his teammates start putting it to good use, utlizing it to maneuver much the same way your teammates use your puzzle powers, it seems he's just countered you. Are you content to let your teammates fight all around you while you play around with this guy, or is it time to start behaving more seriously?

Punch Prodigy - Betsuhs didn't like that one bit. Easy to tell, because he stares at you with his dead, piggish eyes, then screams horribly for nearly ten seconds in a row. Not pausing to take a breath, he raises his double-bass up high above his head, converts his shriek into the words "I'll MURDER YOUR FACE," and then begins to emanate a sickly green light. It's bright, and powerful enough that a few bits of loose asphalt start to float up around him, but the end result is that he looks even fatter and disgusting, his skin having turned a molten red, tusks having emerged along with daemonic horns, size nearly having doubled, and his double bass has become a giant cleaver. A giant cleaver that, true to his word, he immediately swings towards your head, much faster than someone like him should be able to move. What do you do?

Amazing Amazon - (Take a Powerful Blow.) It seems Kurokodieru is too metal for that. Your shield stops his microphone, but his skin stops your spear - and he grins like an alligator about it. "Just 'Punch an Amazon!'" He informs you, though perhaps unhelpfully he demonstrates it as well. Whatever weird metal his skin's made out of now, it HURTS, and the blow might well send you flying. To make matters worse, it doesn't look like he's limited to just turning to metal - the second the dust clears enough for him to spot you again, he shrieks into his microphone and sends a sonic burst heading right at you. What do you do?

CODE - (Take a Powerful Blow.) It doesn't like he is going to "go the quietly," or whatever the exact phrase is that humans use. No, the second you wrap around him, it's like you're being overloaded and shredded by a power station's worth of electricty - owww! "Shred its now. Your goings down," Hawkkyooku sings, seemingly determined to actually put your momentary pain and confusion to good use. He's definitely not idly bragging about being the fastest guitarist in the world - he's actually fretting on it just before he flash steps behind you, swinging his mighty axe down in a diagonal arc... what do you do?

Zero Fighter - Pikurusu doesn't like that one bit. Your rapidfire combo practically indents him into the ground, and he'd be out of the fight if you hadn't forgotten one key detail - though you remember it when the drumsticks you'd disarmed earlier slam into your back, the pair of them floating in front of him by the time you've recovered. Spitting up some blood real quick, he glares at you with cold fury, then grabs them. Immediately the store's filled with a surge of Daemonic light and power as he transforms. Emerging from it after a moment... he's got six arms now, all of them holding drumsticks so large they could be police batons, and his skin's bright red, with two daemonic horns emerging right below his dreadlocks. "That... wasn't very nice," he understates, before trying to return the favor with a deadly drum solo! What do you do?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 6, 2016

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Potential 2/5 Conditions: None Yet

Let's dodge that blow. http://orokos.com/roll/399868
Potential marked.

I appear to have made a mistake, and I'm flying my way right into the fire! Oh, gently caress, but I'm not going to let that stop me, gently caress no! Junior Jumble's got the place sliding around and causing shenanigans, so gently caress, let's take advantage! Two of the blocks are close enough to me , and going up- so I toss my bat straight into the air, and shoot my grapnels at both- while I'm not expecting them to suddenly slide off into mid air and twist about, they STILL serve my purpose, sending me shooting into the air, up above the fire, wind pushing me upwards- not sure where that came from, but I'm not gonna goddamn complain!

Up, up, up, Spinning and twirling in all directions, the world becoming a blur above me and around me- and high above the fight, I stick a hand out, catching my bat from where I'd tossed it. I can see everyone from up here, hanging above the world, my grapnels retracted back into my gauntlets- and light glints off of my goggles, as a grin spreads across my face-

Those cameras aren't /just/ cameras. As I press a button on my watch, they [url=]BLARE TO LIFE[/url], playing some music that's much more my speed, and hopefully not theirs, loud and proud from every speaker! I have to admit with like a billion different songs playing bewteen me and the band, it's kind of a cacophany, but...

"HOW ABOUT SOME MUSIC THAT ISN'T loving poo poo, LADS?"
Provoke. Trying to get at them to come at me instead of my teammates.
http://orokos.com/roll/399870

And with that, my airtime ends- and I deftly land on top of one of the nearby buildings. Hopefully that should buy time . gently caress, yeah! With them distracted by me, not only have I owned my own badass moment, but it should let the team KICK SOME rear end!

I hope!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

"This...is probably bad!" She holds up a hand to guard her face from the baleful gale. If Toshiko doesn't put an end to this assault, it will undue any good her sliding floor is doing--and worse. She struggles against the wind; just putting one foot in front of the other is a struggle. She's glad for once that she doesn't have much of a "costume", just a puzzlefied hoodie, jeans, and good sneakers. But even her sensible shoes can only go so far. She can't get close enough to give him a solid whack to puzzlefy him or his guitar. Doing it at a distance against an enemy this powerful...She doubts it would work. That leaves her one option. Her eyes glow again and air in her hands ignites with purple flame. From the fire, something emerges, like a knot form from light--a wire puzzle. "Oh...Ohhhhh..." And it's a doozy. Weathering the wind, she struggles to solve it, to extricate one light-wire from the other, but it's like the Gordian Knot. Still, with time, her experience, and bending the wires juuuust a bit, she manages to break them apart--and her opponent's storm falters.

Rolled a 9 to Directly Engage.

I choose: Create an Opportunity for my allies.

I'm using a Wire Puzzle to try and break the connection between my opponent and his DAEMONIC POWER. This should break his current storm thing and weaken him for the time being! I hope!

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Potential: 1+1/5 | Conditions:

A stream of error messages flash across my vision as the electricity courses through my body. It doesn't hurt, because I have no pain receptors in the way human sapients would recognize them (it would be truly illogical to give the feeling of pain to a being that was previously unable to feel such things!), but the closest approximations I have, to warn me of damage occuring to my body... well, those are going haywire. I shift to the defensive immediately, prioritising evasion over all else until I've recovered...

[4:13pm] Nown: Taking a Powerful Blow
[4:13pm] Nown: !roll 2d6
[4:13pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 8 = 8
Giving Ground, he gets an opportunity

Which is harder to do than it sounds, because this guy is fast! It is truly fortunate that I am able to contort my physical form to better evade him - or if that fails, to time my phasing to pass through his blows altogether. But I won't be able to purely evade forever, it just takes one mistimed reaction and he'll be able to cause more serious damage! So I cast my sensors out to look for anything that could provide me aid...

<ERROR_CODE="392">PARALLEL_COGNITION.SYS COMPROMISED</ERROR>
>DIAGNOSTIC_REPAIR IN 15_SECONDS
>DIAGNOSTIC_REPAIR IN 14_SECONDS
>DIAGNOSTIC_REPAIR IN 13_SECONDS

...Or not! In that case, just have to hold on for a little while longer! I can manage that, surely!

[4:27pm] Nown: Assessing the Situation
[4:27pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+2
[4:27pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 3+2 = 5
Marking potential!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Oh, so there were more civilians around! It took the blasts and car alarms going off for them to risk getting back in the open in attempts to escape. I don’t have much time to think about that though as our blows collide. Glaring at the point where his metal skin and my golden spear are making contact, and then he provides a physical illustration of his new song title.

<godfish> never give up, never surrender
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7+3 = 10
Standing strong, creating an opportunity

The blow does hurt and it does send me backwards, but not nearly as far as Kuroko might have hoped, as skid backwards on my feet a few yards away, glaring even harder. My spiritual energy is flaring up from the hit, so I direct it down into my spear and slice it downwards to split his incoming sonic attack in half with the force, then stab it forward to send the concentrated spiritual pressure blasting at him in an almost invisible flickering beam. He clearly didn’t expect me to be as close or in a position ready to retaliate after his punch!

“If I can’t cut you, how do you like burns, Kuroko-" ah gently caressforget it, good enough, "...chan?”

<godfish> fighting the good fight against Kurokochan
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+3 = 9
trading blows, resisting his

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

drat, this guy can't take criticism at all. There's no way he's high on the band's popularity chart, and to top it off he powers up by turning into some kind of grotesque pig man. Yeah, I bet he's stronger, and yeah, he's faster than I expected. But then, just cause he's faster than whatever level I predicted, doesn't mean he's fast enough.

"Are you watching, Sensei? This is the result of your instruction" I say into the communicator as I gently direct the misshapen cleaver's heavy overhead path into the space I used to occupy. I know she's probably been tapped into Slipstream's feed since it went up. What's she thinking?

As Betsuh's center of gravity shifts due to his errant swing, I lay into him with a flurry of punches, staggering him further. As the blows rock his body, I can almost sense something from his eyes, startlingly human amidst his disfigured face. No matter, I ready myself to hopefully finish him with my next strike.

[12:18] <phoneflaps> Directly engaging with murderface
[12:19] <phoneflaps> !r 2d6+1
[12:19] <Krysmbot> phoneflaps, 9+1 = 10
[12:19] <phoneflaps> There we go
[12:19] <Rauri-phone> Gaaaah

Avoiding his blow, and impressing/surprising/frightening the opposition.

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 8, 2016

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

I managed to roll onto the ground shoulder first, the shock repulsors of the suit cushioning the fall and saving me from a shoulder strain. In an instant I was on my feet again, facing the now Gargantuan, six armed drummer...

Splash art page posted:

You see the view from low and behind Zero, a panaramic shot that makes the image of Pikurusu look three time larger than Zero Fighter. The smoke from the wrecked SUV wisps between the two, adding to the dramatic face off.

Pikurusu posted:

"That wasn't very nice!"

"Sorry to break it to you..." I say as my confidence was rising slightly, "...but that 'was' me being nice. You haven't seen me pissed off yet... and I warn you, you're pissing me off."

I stood there, rigid and seemigly uncaring, the benefits of the armor. I watched as he was going to do the exact. Same. Attack. The bigger they are, the dumber they are it seems, as he proves that he hasn't learned his lesson on how I took advantage of his linear attack and pavement smacked him last time. Sure an even bigger opponent, Havok, stomped me five ways till Sunday, but her own form of stupidity saved my life. And this guy was no Havok.

I charge just as he began to drum the air as before. I ducked the resulting blast, which was considerably larger than before, blowing up another wall and possibly a few cars outside, before I planted my lead foot, launched my self in the air and landed a thunderous rising upper cut underneath his jaw, snapping his head back! I wasn't done, as I used the natural twist of centrifugal force to whip an extended leg up and around to clock him to the side of the head, then followed that up with a finishing flying side kick to the face before I began my descent back to the ground!

And when I landed, didn't just crouch with the impact, I flowed it into a foot sweep, kicking his legs out from under him, and when he stumbled backwards, I ducked behind his fallen form, and using his own momentem, body slammed him face first right into the ground, before stomping him in the back of the head,

I've learned from Havok. If an opponent has the ability to decimate things in a short amount of time... then don't give it to them. That simple.

"...oh, and technically, I'm still not pissed."

roll posted:

[00:23] <TheJoshie> Directly engaging (+1 Danger/-1 Savior from Punch Everything)
[00:23] <TheJoshie> !r 2d6+3
[00:23] <Krysmbot> TheJoshie, 9+3 = 12
[00:23] <TheJoshie> \o/
[00:24] <TheJoshie> Someone post something so that this is legitimate?
[00:24] <TrickyDickNixon> Something
[00:24] <TheJoshie> Yay!

So, using China shop to add an option (and leaving it up to you to add the destruction since the core rules specifically gives you the right to)

My three options:

1. Resist his blows
2. Take something away (his balance)
3. Impress/stun/frighten him ("What if this hero is telling the truth and is holding back?")

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 9, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The tide of battle has definitely started to shift - all of DAEMONBLADE that can either is in the process of, or has already, transformed - and the two that had are very much KO'd. Though surrounded by the lights and sounds of battle, dust and smoke billowing into the sky, and a cacophony of car alarms and emergency vehicle sirens, some of the more astute among you might notice newcomers lurking about the battle's edge...

Still, do you have time to pay attention to whoever it is? You're in a fight for your lives against reckless, daemonically-possessed hooligans, after all.

Amazing Amazon - You're right, he didn't expect that at all - and your beam nearly manages to knock him off his feet, clearly hurting him, and throwing his counterattack off entirely. Still, he doesn't go down. "Alright," he declares, loud enough for the whole battlefield to hear. "Time for some BRUTALITY!" He begins to glow with a black light, reminiscent of steel, and you can tell from the energy he's emitting that he's a lot stronger than the other members of his band. This impression is only further reinforced when the lights fade and the smoke clears, and his transformed state is revealed - covered in shining scales and sporting an alligator's head (if alligators were daemonic, fifteen foot tall monsters) he's got a baleful eye on you, massive microphone hefted and ready to strike you down. How do you react, and what do you do?

CODE - Hawkkyooku's not going to give you the time you need, unfortunately. You manage to evade his blows for a bit, but the second you have a chance to counterattack, it seems to pass right through him - oh rather, an afterimage. Meanwhile, he's moved to the other side of you, striking you with his axe and sending you careening through the wall of what looks like a pet store. "Takes thats," you hear him smugly declare, but by the time you make it out of the store, he's already forgotten about you and attacking Slipstream - having both transformed and seemingly forgotten about you! Oh no - if she gets hurt, it'll kinda be your fault, right? (Mark Guilty.) What do you do?

Junior Jumble - That works, but... the look on his face, when he stares down from his suddenly much-less shiny looking guitar, then towards you, then back to it... it's probably hard to feel too proud of yourself. (Take a Powerful Blow.) The Cyclone Toshiko was creating has vanished - and for one brief moment, in an eye of the storm surrounded by the chaos of the battlefield, there's just two teenagers. "Oh nooos!" You hear him mumble, while he vainly attempts to retune it, seemingly not paying any attention to you at all now. If you want to attack, now's your chance. If you want to do something else, that's up to you.

Punch Prodigy - Betsuh, for all his size and power and bizarre rage, isn't a trained fighter - while you are, and that makes all the difference in the world. After your series of lightning strikes, he clearly struggles to even remain on his feet, let alone attack back. "I... I..." he stammers, before collapsing next to his bass, his fall practically enough to register on the Richter scale.

"Pretty good," you hear your Sensei whisper over the communicator, just to you. "But was all of that really necessary?" Wow... she IS watching. Looks like you got first blood, though. Do you respond to her, or seek out a new foe instead?

Slipstream - It seems your plan's worked too well, if anything. No sooner do you start to play your music than one of them - the Guitarist that was fighting CODE, before he blasted your inhumanely powerful and tough teammate through a wall - appears in front of you, in less time than it takes for you to blink. "Hi's there," he begins, fretting on his guitar a few times before spinning it. "You ares a pretty attractives target..." Nailing a ludicrously awesome riff real quick, he hefts his instrument overhead - and in a flash of light and peel of thunder, he's changed, having grown massive wings, a bird beak, rending talons, and his skin having gone an eerie(er) white. "So... think-" Where'd he go?! Behind you! "Fast!" He punctuates his sentence with a series of lightning fast chops, hoping to take you out of the fight for good! (Take a powerful blow - again.) What do you do?

Zero Fighter - You might not be pissed, but that's OK - he's not conscious. Despite his Daemonic powerup, the Octopus Drummer's six arms weren't a match for your two. He slams into what tiny bit of the store remained undamaged, letting out a loud "Gahhh!" as he lands. As he does, he starts to transform back to just a regular teenage idiot, his enchanted drumsticks laying behind him in what remains of the cold foods sections. Well, that's that - he's down, and there's one less foe to worry about. Plus, it seems you managed to be the first person on the team to defeat their opponent - why do you think that is? Who do you go to help out now?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:07 on May 10, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty

Oh god, Toshiko thinks as a wave of guilt hits her, it's like kicking a puppy. Why is this guy even a villain? What am I even doing here...

Hey.

HEY.

HEY!

She balls up her fists. Where does he get off? He's the one who got up this morning, strapped on his demonic guitar, and decided to bust up the town just because of some bootlegs. And maybe if they'd put their poo poo online like a NORMAL BAND nobody would have had to bootleg it in the first place!

"Hey, rear end in a top hat! Why are you so drat upset about bootlegs? People only do that because you're so obsessed with live "performances". Your art belongs to the people." She points an accusatory finger at Takos. "You're not metal. Name one metal band that doesn't have an album. You. Are. A. Hipster!"

I take a powerful blow, roll a 9. I'm a mix of Angry and Guilty right now.

I chose to Directly Engage Takos verbally. I rolled a 6, but thanks to Coming For You, I have +1 Forward against Takos, so it's a 7. I choose to FRIGHTEN THE OPPOSITION with this terrible revelation.

I don't know that they don't actually put out albums, but it makes sense to me based on what we established--with the bootleg and how they perform.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Potential 4/5 Conditions: None Yet

I was pretty loving happy to see one of them come at me- less son when I see the wreckage he's unleashed upon CODE. Um. Uh oh, I may have made a problem here.

Still, I've got a smile on my face and tension in my muscles, that wonderful rush of adrenaline shining through me, baby, I'm pumped worried, but pumped! I am only a LITTLE terrified of the massive bird man!

But then he vanishes from my vision, and behind me he yells- well, gently caress that poo poo!

And so, I jump off the building.

Spinning around in midair, I launch a grappling hook at the roof...

Take a powerful blow, rolled a 2, mark potential.

And stick the landing, my grapple connecting right as his punches whiff! I reel it on in, planting my skates on the side of the building as I jet up it, ready to plant a fist right in his sick face!

directly engage, four. Mark potential.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Freak +1 | Danger +3 | Savior -1 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0+1/5 | Conditions: None

Slipstream was drat lucky that I ran out of the store when I did. She was showboating again, leaving herself wide open for that... bird? First there was Goro now this?

The hell is going on here!?

Focus!

I charged forward, my boots already re-acting to my thoughts and boosting their ignitions to max power...

...I'm not going to make it...

I continue to widen my strides until they becam gallops, and I crossed the battle ground in record time...

...I'm not going to make it...

I then made a leap towards the roof just as Slipstream made the leap!

...I'm not going to make it!

Crap... oh crap... oh crap! Slipstreampleasedon'tdieIdon'tcareaboutthestupidviralvideoanymorepleasedon'tdie!

roll posted:

[20:47] <TheJoshie> Time to get nuts!
[20:47] <TheJoshie> Defending Slipstream from herself (-1 Savior)
[20:47] <TheJoshie> !r 2d6-1
[20:47] <Krysmbot> TheJoshie, 5-1 = 4
[20:47] <ShootaBoy> womp womp
[20:47] <TheJoshie> \o/
[20:48] <TheJoshie> Now BOTH of them are in trouble!
[20:48] <TheJoshie> Huzzah!
[20:48] <KittyEmpress> wooo

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

Oh nooooooo! And all because I was too overconfident and sought to end this without causing any harm or anything! This is my fault, my fault, and my friends might be harmed because I tried to avoid harm (a paradoxical and ironic situation that would be amusing if it were in a fabricated entertainment such as a comedic theatrical production, but which is very much not amusing right now!) To make things even more terrible (and what would be even more amusing due to its paradoxical and ironic nature if we were not in a serious situation), Zero Fighter tries to intervene, but I can already see from here that they won't be able to make that jump, they don't have enough velocity!

Regardless, I need to do whatever I can to remedy the situation I created! "I'm sorryyyyyyy!" I call as I fly towards Slipstream, bending my body around her punches. "I've got thiiiiiiis", I add as I grab Hawkyou and push, to try and bring the both of us through the roof, and away from him hurting my friends!

[12:28pm] Nown: Defend Slipstream
[12:28pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+1
[12:28pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 8+1 = 9
[12:28pm] Nown: phew, the failurechain is broken
Exposing myself to danger, adding a team to the pool

[12:33pm] Nown: Unleashing Powers
[12:33pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+1
[12:33pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 9+1 = 10
Overcoming an obstacle to phase myself and Hawkyou through the roof

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

International law might say you can't attack people during their power-up sequences, but they don't say you can't do your own power-ups at the same time! While Crocodilu is busy making himself bigger and more imposing, I do the same, reaching inside myself to release a few limiters. I mutter to myself in a low voice, making far less of a show of it, "Releasing Limiters... One, Two and Three." A second later, my spiritual energy levels have surged, creating nearly invisible flames of power licking around me, my eyes glowing with flickering green flames, and the ground starts to crack around me.

As soon as we've both finished transforming, I dart forward, shattering the concrete where I was standing, and barrel into him, trying to knock him off balance. Either way, I wrap my hands around his leg and fling him towards the concrete monstrosity of a building across the street. "If you like brutality, have you thought to check out some brutalist works?!*" I'm pretty sure that building is more than sturdy enough to take his impact without breaking, but that's Brutalism for you.

*ED: Google Brutalist Architecture.

<godfish> directly engage crocoshit
<Yawniphonerir> but drat i hate loves that are only situationally useable
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 5+3 = 8
I'll... take his confidence from him if that works? Otherwise, resisting/avoiding his blows.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Ooooorrrr he can collapse into a heap without me laying another finger on him. That works too. poo poo, was that Sensei? She really was watching. And was that a challenge? Cause I'm suuuure she'd have a better way to deal with an idiot with more power than sense. News flash, you can't reason with someone like Betsuh.

Of course, I don't tell her any of this. Not now at least, because poo poo, I can already tell Sumiye's not gonna make that jump. Does her suit have any kind of collision protection? She's already using that thing as a drat wheelchair, I can't let anything else happen. I immediately begin to sprint her towards her direction, pushing myself to get there in time to "HEADS UP SUMIYE" leap into her path and "BRACE YOURSELF" tackle her through the upstairs loft window to prevent her from crashing to the ground below.

'Maybe this wasn't the most well thought-out plan', the thought occurs to me as I find myself in a tumbling mess of limbs, both flesh and steel-covered. 'Oh well, better than watching her...' *thud* Great, my lungs have been voided of air as well thanks to an errant, power-suited knee to the solar plexus.

[14:02] <bacon_flaps> Rolling to defend Zero Fighter
[14:02] <bacon_flaps> !r 2d6+1
[14:02] <Krysmbot> bacon_flaps, 8+1 = 9
[14:03] <bacon_flaps> good stuff
[14:03] <capfalcon_work> see if you can wrangle some of that team to bump it to 10 :D personal note: I'm fine with not
taking influence over Zero Fighter again, Shifting Danger -1 and Savior +1, de-escalating her situation slightly, but exposing myself to danger in return.

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 12, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Civilians continue to gather at the perimeter of the battle, determined to watch you heroes in action. More than a few call out for you to keep fighting, though there are some occasional jeers and at least one cry of "That was my car!" from the crowd. Also around the battle's edge, a few heroes arrive - though none of them have stepped in yet, seeming to prefer watching to see how you all handle things. For those of you able to spot them - what hero do you see among those gathering, and why do you think they're here?

Two of the Metal Band Gang have been knocked out already, and Takos is seemingly no threat. Still, the day's not won yet - and there are still innocent people in danger, definitely including all of you!

Amazing Amazon - Despite that mighty throw, Kurokodieru's not defeated quite yet. Maybe it's his metal skin, or iron willpower, or whatever - the fact is, he staggers up to his feet, grabbing a few of the chunks of stone debris his collision created. "You're pretty loving tough," he offers, the compliment perhaps meaningful from a fifteen-foot tall, iron-skinned alligator-man / front-man. "But I gotta end this." He... maybe doesn't look all that sure he can, but he's definitely going to try. Hurling both boulders at you suddenly, he dashes at you while you have to dodge his attack, macecrophone flying back into his hand as he does. What do you do?

CODE - "Oh goods, you's again," Hawkyou comments in his weird accent, which is even weirder since currently he's twelve feet tall and has a guitar literally emitting sparks from it. The two of you collide with the ground of what looks to be a human store, one with tents and shoes and long colorful poles and the beefed jerky and a supervillain in it. "I thought's I killed you - times to takes cares of that." He leaps back faster than your eyes can see, hovering as he begins to fret on his guitar again. This time though, each powercord he plays sends a bolt of lighting streaking your way - and he's a really, really fast guitarist! It's just you versus him right now, and here's your chance to take him out without letting him endanger anyone else -what do you do?

Slipstream - Wow - you nearly lost your head just there. It literally took three teammates combined - Zero Fighter, Code, and Punch Prodigy - to rectify your mistake and save you, and the end result is two of them crashing through glass, while another is locked in combat with a villain you couldn't manage to scratch. Cool toys and Type A attitude or not, does it really feel like you actually should be fighting on the same battlefield as those that can move at the speed of light, or go intangible, or that have trained under master martial artists? (Take Insecure). On the other hand... you're here, dammit, and the store beneath you looks like Tesla's setting off an exhibition inside, which means Code's in danger. Meanwhile, the Amazing Amazon's battling a massive crocodile-man. If you want to redeem yourself, aren't both of those situations the perfect chance? What do you do?

Junior Jumble - "You don't understand," Takos yells. "Our instruments wants us to blows up all the bootlegs, so people have to sees us live, so they can, uhhh..." He suddenly stops talking, but you're pretty sure whatever the Daemons in their instruments were doing to those at their shows isn't all that great. But he follows it up with, "We didn't knows they were cursed!" Do you think he's actually telling the truth? He could be, but if he's not... does it really matter, though? He's not attacking at all, seemingly too depressed to bother while he slowly reassembles his guitar. Do you have anything more to say or do to him, or do his two bandmates that are still fighting take priority?

Punch Prodigy and Zero Fighter - The pair of you both hurl yourselves at different people, with the ultimate result Punch Prodigy catching Zero Fighter and sending the pair hurtling through a loft window. There is some tumbling involved, with the end result of Zero Fighter ending up on top of Punch in a fashion that is simultaneously somewhat suggestive, and due to the knee to the chest, likely painful as well. Compounding your problems... based on the decorations and artwork up everywhere, you landed in the bedroom of some sort of otaku. One that appears to be home, actually, having been sitting in a bean bag and playing a game with the volume at an incredible level until you all came crashing through his window. "Who the hell are you two?" He asks, waving the video game controller at you menacingly. "I'm calling the Police on you!" How do you two handle this twerp, if you care to - or is the battle more important than one annoying civilian? Also, maybe you two should find an unoccupied room for this sort of thing next time?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 13, 2016

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Potential 4/5 Conditions: Insecure

I watch , helplessly, as my whole team rushes to try to help. Zero Fighter has to be tackled by Punch Prodigy, and Code, well, Code manages helping me. Hawkyou, through the roof. ... I swing up, and over, landing foot first where my opponent once stood.

I should feel bad rear end after that, but I don't. ... I just, sit there, for a long moment, listening to the sounds of the fight whirring past me.

gently caress. Everyone had to save my rear end... even Zero Fighter. "... I can't believe this poo poo. My poo poo. gently caress. I.... dammit. Maybe Zero Fighter was right- but damnit, I don't have time to waste." I might not have said anything if I'd known she could hear at the time.
[url="https:///roll/c-Anjmasls"]comfort Zfighter
Hit, do with that as you will, Zee.[/url]

I gotta make this right. I gotta make this okay. Blue light arcs , as Hawkyou throws sick locks across the strings of his guitar. No more.

I leap down from the building, gauntlets pointed down- as my wrists cycle one of my lesser used special ammunitions in. Not so much arrows as concentrated iron rods. Normally I use this for stuff that needs a kick to hurt... I figure they'll be just fine lightning rods, though. I'm gonna do something JUST FINE for once. "Hold on Code, I'm coming!" With a flick of my wrists the rods shoot into the ground, sticking there with a crack- and I leap into the fray.
[url=/roll/401951[/url] Clearing insecure, exposing myself to danger

Nea fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 13, 2016

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Freak +1 | Danger +3 | Savior -1 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 1+1/5 | Conditions: None

Darkness.

The inky blankness surrounded me, enveloping me in a comfortable blanket of serinity and peace. I drifted, satisfied, at peace with everything. Then a voice called to me dimly...

Slipstream posted:

"... I can't believe this poo poo. My poo poo. gently caress. I.... dammit. Maybe Zero Fighter was right- but damnit, I don't have time to waste."

I awoke, oblivious to being on top of Prodigy, oblivious to the screaming otaku. My communicator automatically opened to the open comms.

"It's okay, Slip, it happens. Honestly, I was rattled as well." I breathed a bit as a memory came to my head. "A wise man once told me:

"...you can do this, Slip. We'll kick these rejects asses... then we'll have drinks afterwards, deal?"

roll posted:

First, I open back up to slipstream, and shall take a potential for it.

Second, my own comfort/Support!

[20:47] <TheJoshie> Comfort/Support Slipstream
[20:48] <TheJoshie> !r 2d6-1
[20:48] <Krysmbot> TheJoshie, 6-1 = 5
[20:48] <TheJoshie> >_>;
[20:48] <TheJoshie> <_<;
[20:48] <KittyEmpress> hahahaha
[20:48] <KittyEmpress> rekt
[20:48] <KittyEmpress> should have channeled stardust
[20:49] <TheJoshie> ...Sumiye is NOT a good people person ._.

Ow.

Opening my eyes, my smile vanished as the red flashing letters of [Comm systems repairing] glared in front of my hud. Funky butt loving...

Just as things were getting under control, it was now one catastrophe after another. What was weird was the fact that, at the very thought of 'how could things get worse' that I looked past the data of my HUD and saw Punch Prodigy's face inches from my Visor, his breath fogging it.

Now, don't get me wrong, in the future, I would come to realize just how unerotic this was. I was in full armor, thus any illusion of bodily contact was out the window right there. But drat if I thought of that here and now.

Pressing off my knee (...sorry punch!), I was on my feet. Thank the God for my helmet, cause I was beet red! "...wha, Right! Call the police, good idea citizen! Punch, I'm going to regroup with the team... you can... clean this guy's room!"

I leapt out of the hole that was just made and my Air foils engaged to start a controlled glide as I took in my surroundings...

'Clean his room!?' Seriously Sumiye!? I was berating myself as my hud took in all the relevent events... but nothing take up your attention more than a 15 foot alligator man! Foils retracted And I allowed Gravity to retake my descent as I began a controlled freefall, feet first, towards the back of this guy's head.

Incomming!

roll posted:

[21:13] <TheJoshie> Directly engaging The Crocodile man! (Something Zero is good at!)
[21:14] <TheJoshie> !r 2d6+4
[21:14] <Krysmbot> TheJoshie, 8+4 = 12
[21:14] <TheJoshie> Note +1 Punchy +3 Danger
[21:15] <AxCell> You trying to make friends with the crocodile man
[21:15] <ShootaBoy> dang son

Impress/Surprise/Frighten the opposition , Create opportunity for Amazon

*Clang!*

The impact was jarring! What was this guy made of!?

The impact sent me flipping end over end, spiralling through the air for the second time to day. Que sera sera...

"...AMAZON! Finish him!"

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Potential: 0+1/5 | Conditions: None

*wheeze* "I guess" *wheeze* "that worked, we definitely landed on wood it feels like."

Wait, what the hell? She's already gone? Police? Wait, is that the loving HUNTSMAN?

Sensei specifically mentioned him since he's right below her in rank. I think he got those scars while taking out some kind of mega bear or something as a rookie. Why is he talking about the police? More importantly, why isn't he bothering to help out? Although it'd be impressive to hear anything going on outside with the volume he's playing at.

So he lives here? What the hell. And his decorations..wow. Posters, posters everywhere. And hahaha I can't believe this, it's a bunch of pinup posters of League heroines. With a quick look around the room I can easily spot Ema, her aunt, Slipstream, and some pigtailed white-haired teen named Stardust Scout. But is she, could she, please no please no. Whew. No Sensei as far as I can see. Judging by the quality this stuff doesn't seem to be officially licensed merch. I seriously need to have a chat with her after we take out these punks.

"HEY, Huntsman, what the hell are you yammering about? We're the heroes assigned to protect Zone 26, and there happens to be, I dunno, a FIGHT going on outside. Where's your head at, man?"

I might as well see what the hell is up with this guy while I catch my breath. Sure hope he doesn't try to evict me by force though.

Sensei mentioned the name and appearance of the hero ranked immediately below her, The Huntsman

[21:47] <bacon_flaps> Remembering what I can about The Huntsman
[21:47] <bacon_flaps> !r 2d6+2
[21:47] <Krysmbot> bacon_flaps, 8+2 = 10
[21:47] <bacon_flaps> too big to fail apparently
[21:47] * RWT (~quassel@687C4C96:FE976610:96CA0A82:IP) Quit (Ping timeout: 183 seconds)

Stating the origin of his scars as my remembered detail. Eligible for a follow-up question that must be answered honestly.

Additionally, attempting to get a read on whether he's potentially gonna attack since I'm trespassing. Or I can fail terribly.

[21:55] <bacon_flaps> Gonna unleash powers to extend senses
[21:55] <bacon_flaps> !r 2d6+1
[21:55] <Krysmbot> bacon_flaps, 3+1 = 4
[21:55] <bacon_flaps> boo
[21:55] <bacon_flaps> but yay
[21:56] <Scarybagels> Shootaboy is racist KittyEmpress

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 15, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"So are you!" I flash the villain a brief thumbs up as he recovers, since I definitely didn't expect him to be totally fine after that smash. I mean, he took an entire Brutalist building to the more or less face! The next bit is trickier though- Two boulders and an incoming giant crocodile! I sprint to the right, avoiding the first boulder, and brace myself to take the impact of the second on my shield, sending it flying off in the other direction, but I think I'm going to have to take the macrophone impact and go from there, until Zero Fighter drops out of loving nowhere and slams into the back of the giant Crocodile head.

"You got it!"

Frankly, I'm not sure how much of an effect that had on him besides being startling, but startling is enough to get a final attack in! I plant my feet firmly in the ground, the impact sinking them a few inches down, and grip my spear in both hands, aimed up wards. Forcing my spiritual pressure into my hands, into the spear, I thrust it upwards, letting the stored up spiritual energy blast into Kurokodieru along with the spear. If I'm right, the spiritual pressure coming off of me should be enough to flush the demonic energy in him, forcing him back into his human form after the attack has hit.

<godfish> not gonna be saving any civilians this attack lets get some potential!!
<godfish> diectly engage
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 12-1 = 11
<godfish> hahahaha
Resisting blows, taking away his demonic form.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

"Hold on a second," Toshiko holds up a finger to the clearly distraught guitarist and sighs. "Look--if you stop trying to put that back together, I'll help you after this is done. And, you know, after the guitar has been exorcised or something."

The gathering crowd worries her, so she falls back on Zero's original command to her--minimize the danger to civilians. The surreal sliding puzzle appears again and she pours more energy into it, the phantasmal fire snaking out through the crowd. She hears panicked shouts and curses herself. Oh jeez, what would Ema do? "Uhhhhh...No need to worry, citizens! The fire will not harm you. Try to stand solidly on a square though. Remember--step on a crack, break your mother's back! Ah ha ha ha!" Her 'encouraging hero laugh' needs work, but at least people should be save if things get hairy.

Using my Sliding Puzzle Powers to make sure that if things get out of hand, the crowd will part for any falling monsters and whatnot.

Rolled an 11 (unmodified, take that, Krysmbot!), so I'm adding 1 team to the pool. Now that they don't have to worry about the innocent bystanders, they can fight even harder!

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

This is all my fault, so it's only fair/just/equitable that I be the one to take on the danger, even if I am not the best at hurting people (which would be a good thing and something I would be extremely proud of if this was a world that did not require moral organics to defeat immoral organics through the use of force!) I am no Punch Prodigy or Zero Fighter who can do these things without trouble, but I am someone who can do the best they can - especially when brave/courageous/valiant Slipstream returns to enter the fray! "Friend!" I call out, grinning as human organics are prone to do when expressing feelings of friendship. "Let us show this one who the boss is!" That said, I fly forward, one arm increasing in density, all the better for punching; while the other elongates, all the better for grabbing his stringed instrument that is so important to him!

[6:27pm] Nown: Directly Engage Hawkyou
[6:27pm] Nown: !roll 2d6-1
[6:27pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 7-1 = 6
Would someone like to spend a Team to turn that to a 7~? If so, I'll Take his Guitar. If not, marking potential.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Teen Hero Team - Issue #3
There is an inserted page by the Scanlation team requesting donations

With the beginning of Issue 3, it seems as if the battle's all but won. A few of the cliffhangers from the previous issue are resolved immediately, almost as if the pacing was off and they should have been at the end of the last issue.

Hawkkyooku Hawkus' Lightning Barrage is effective against the sporting goods store he finds himself in, but not the heroes he hoped to defeat. In between Slipstream's concentrated iron rods, which serve to create a safe path through the electrical storm, and CODE's one-two combo, the four-meter tall Hawkman finally goes down. Code's attack is actually strong enough to send him, through a wall and sans guitar, into the parking lot, which he craters nicely before beginning to transform back.

Kurokodieru Blackastu is defeated by a dual-tech as well. Entirely focused on his relatively even duel with the Amazing Amazon, he lumbers forward ready to strike - and directly into the path of Zero Figher's footdive. The collision rocks him forward, off-balance and in a perfect position for Amazon's followup spiritual spear. The attack blasts him up and away in a brilliant burst of energy, resulting in him letting out both an incredibly metal scream, and passing out, form already beginning to shrink back down to his more mundanely-impressive human size.

Takos Waisaishis, who hasn't actually been hit or anything, continues trying to reassemble his guitar. While he looks around whenever his bandmates get taken out, his instrument is clearly his priority here.

Meanwhile, Punch Prodigy is trapped in an S-Ranked Otaku's apartment. The Huntsman continues to use the controller he's wielding to play the game despite the screen being behind him, even as he stares at the hero that just crashed through his window. It looks like he's doing insanely well in some First Person Shooter, provided Punch knows what those are, and he also looks pretty drat mad. "Oh I know who you are now!" He remarks. "You're that stuck up bitch's new Yellow-Belt or whatever, right? Get out of my apartment right this /second/, tell no one what you saw, or I'll use you to send a warning to that bitch." His left eye flashes dangerously...

--------------------------------

With that, it looks like the battle is over - the Metal Bang Gang has been defeated! Four of them knocked unconscious, one defeated without violence, and probably without even a single civilian injured! There's been some property destruction, obviously - the strip mall and loft apartments above them that served as your battlefield look like so much concrete and debris Swiss cheese, and there's a few busted water pipes and a sea of ruined cars out front. Still, a lot better than it could have been!

The feeling of almost being alone with your foes has vanished, and the presence of others all around you is unnoticeable. There are civilians that watched the fight, many of whom seem to be cheering for you (even if the only Hero whose name they know is Amazing Amazon's), though a few look very deeply annoyed. The police and emergency workers have arrived as well, starting the process of cordoning off the area and taking the villains into custody. A few other heroes arrived as well, though they mostly look disappointed that you all succeeded. Finally, the press is on the scene too, eager for some answers. If they don't get them from you all, they might well have to ask around to find out what happened here.

Everyone: Do you stick around in the aftermath of the battle, or is there somewhere else you'd rather celebrate your victory?

Punch Prodigy - Wow, what a dick this guy is. You remember your master saying that they didn't get along, but from the sheer venom in this guy's voice, it's definitely a lot worse than you thought. Are you going to let him speak to you / about your master that way? Even if he is S-Rank, you have your pride... then again, he's presumably about equal to your Sensei in combat, which might make that a very bad idea. Basically, do you think you could take him, and if so, are you willing to try? (Take -1 Danger, +1 Mundane unless you reject his influence.)

Junior Jumble - As the Metal Band Gang is being lead away, Takos stop for a moment to call out to you, "You'll comes visits me, rights?" The officers push him forward, and he struggles for a moment to add "Please!," before cooperating again. Aww, looks like you made a friend! What do you think of Takos, anyways? Do you think you handled things better than your teammates, defeating your opponent nonviolently like you did?

Amazing Amazon - Well, if you wanted a chance for some action and recognition, looks like you got it. The press is here, other heroes too, and they definitely saw you deliver that cool finishing blow to Kurok. Plan on making the most of this opportunity and speaking to the press, or would you rather let one of your less famous teammates earn some recognition for a change?

Zero Fighter - Good show! Maybe a bit embarrassing with Punch Prodigy earlier, but your team's managed to defeat the bad guys without anyone getting hurt - so that's definitely a win, right? How much of the team's success do you think is owed to your leadership? What could you have done better? What do you think your responsibility as Captain means you should be doing right now?

CODE - Hooray! You really gave him the Old One - Two, which is a mathematical fighting expression you've heard Punch Prodigy use before. And you've got his guitar, too, and better yet no one really seems to have noticed that he's missing it! It seems the humans are assembling outside as well, no doubt to celebrate you and your team's victory. How do your people typically celebrate occasions like this one? What do you do now?

Slipstream - Nicely done! That trick ammo really came in handy (good thing that plan actually worked) and you and CODE have taken out a supernatural guitarist. Pretty cool, right? Your media-bot's still floating around the strip mall's edge just as the press arrives, which is fairly convenient. Would you rather celebrate with your Alien teammate, or pursue your chance for more fame and glory by taking credit for your heroism to all those reporters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Toshiko waves halfheartedly to Takos and gives him a thumbs up. He seems like he might be a nice enough guy, when he's not holding a demonic guitar and surrounded by possessed jerks.

Looking around at the crowd and the police taking the Metal Band Gang away, she feels a surge of pride she wasn't expecting. She almost wants to jump up and down shouting "We did it!" but the glares of rival heroes tempers her elation. Better get to work instead. She breathes in deeply and faces the worst of the damage, holding her hands out to a ruined storefront. Her hands and the rubble begin to glow a soft blue. Shards of glass and bits of rock begin to quiver and soon hum with power as the detritus rises into the air. Piece by piece, stores, walls and windows are reassembled. Though Junior Jumble never saw how it originally looked; it is a puzzle now. You don't need to see the picture on the box to know how to solve a jigsaw. In time, all signs of the battle are swept away--and even a few potholes are gone now. Oops. Sometimes she overdoes it.

Unleashing my Powers to clean up the damage we and the Metal Band Gang caused. Rolled an 11.

• Locked thread