Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Freak: +1 | Danger: +3 | Savior: -1 | Superior: 1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location:

Nemesis raises her eyebrow at Nemo's sudden change of mind. Oh well, whatever. She wasn't in the mood to argue today.

"Sure, whatever you say, Stardust. At least I'll be around to stop you from doing stupid suicidal things." Sandy noted, taking a sip from her orange juice afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The Kan'non Six - Issue #5
Start of a new Volume / arc / session! Choose one of the following and describe its impact in your next post, please!

• Grow closer to the team. Explain who made you feel welcome; give Influence to that character and clear a condition or mark potential.
• Grow into your own image of yourself. Explain how you see yourself and why; shift one Label up and another down.
• Grow away from the team. Explain why you feel detached. Take Influence over you away from another character.:

Getterman, go ahead and do backgrounds in the OOC thread, add yourself to the influence sheet, etc. If anyone has a background on Kamaitachi, they're welcome to write a different one that applies to Getterman while still keeping the original link to Kamaitachi.

------------------------

Translator's Note: Hooray, it's finally back! Long story short: Faced with threats of legal action from Shonen Leap for failing to hand in even basic notes in over a month, the mangaka for Kan'non Six was seen all but sprinting from her apartment to hand in pages as quickly as possible. According to local fans (stalkers) she'd been shut up in her house playing the newest fighting game and neglecting the important stuff like writing the manga! Anyways, it's back now, and should be updating regularly once again. There's even a big event at the end of this issue!

-----------------------

As you all make your way towards Spark Industries to check in and perform your role as extremely late crowd control, Kamaitachi seems suddenly quite disinterested in the mission at hand. "I... I have something more important to do," he solemnly states, looking away from the rest of you. Raising that dreadful scythe of his, he starts to float off. "I'll see you all back at the base later - I promise." Why would he need to promise that? What do you think is going on with him? (Feel free to say or do whatever you want as he floats off, but he gets away regardless of what you all try to do or say to stop him.)

As this occurs, Stardust gets a notification on her communicator that her Nico Nico Channel got a message. It's decidedly enigmatic, perhaps a little flirty, and the writer definitely seems to be a fan. They sign off with "As always, I'll be there for you when you need me most~" Whatever could that portend for her, and all of you's upcoming mission?

Spark Industries - Main HQ, Zone 26

The five of you arrive at your destination, and it should be obvious something's wrong. Firstly, there's no crowds nearby, police looking after the scene, or league officials here assessing damage and performances by the Central City Crusaders. That's pretty weird - if the Crusaders won, all those groups would likely be here, and if they'd lost, the League would've just sent another team as backup, yet neither seems to be the case.

Secondly, it's eerily quiet - you've all just noticed it, but there's no bustle of traffic, no sounds of animals, no heroic battlecries or explosions going off near here. Spark Industries' occupies an entire city block by itself, the buildings all linked by steel and stone and glass walkways in a style that tries to be cheerful, but it's hard for it to not feel subtly oppressive with the watchful eyes of so many cameras leering down at the grounds.

And thirdly, the front doors seem to have been blasted open, shards of glass littering the grounds outside like dangerous unmelting snowflakes. The grass is torn up in a few spots as well, and there seems to have been at least one fire that was hastily put out before it could spread. Not to mention, noticed last, the faint odor of gunfire and blood...

Jumping Flash - The others might have overlooked it, but the fountain on the way in... there was a strange symbol graffitti'd on it. What was it, and what do you think it means? What do you think about the fact that all the cameras seem to be pointing at your team, and have been since you arrived? What weapon or piece of equipment do you spot in the grass that one of the heroes or villains must've dropped on accident - and can you put it to good use? What do you do?

Stardust Scout - Goodness! It's looking like things have really gone wrong here - almost as if the heroes got defeated, and no one but you all knows it. What's even worse, it doesn't seem like the communicator Takana gave you is working at all. The stakes are definitely raised on this mission compared to your last - you're all potentially in real danger, with no way to call for help. What's the plan now that you've got more intel? What do you do now?

Nemesis - Of course the Crusaders got beaten, right? You totally called that. What a bunch of wimps. Then again, if these villains are still inside, what are you all waiting for? Shouldn't you get in and start smashing until you find 'em, since there's no way they're a match for you? Are you still partnered up with Stardust for this, or are you going to head off by yourself? What do YOU think the team should do, and what do you do next?

Mnemosyne - Teamed with Red Witch again, eh? Is that really the best idea - I mean I know Stardust came up with it, but she didn't know how serious this would be. Heroes are hurt and missing, and what's more, you feel a fragment of one of their memories, which means someone here felt intensely enough to leave a brief but powerful imprint on this place. What emotion do you sense most clearly, and what do the fleeting glimpses of the past confrontation lead you to believe is the correct way to handle these three? What do you do?

Red Witch - You nearly lost control back there, but a teammate (friend?) helped you hold it together. Planning on showing your appreciation here by keeping her safe? It's strange... the whole area you're in feels warped somehow, as if there's a very grand and subtle magic at work here. Concentrate on it for too long and it twists somehow, always slinking towards the edge of your thoughts. Ever felt something like this before? What spell or magical trick do you have that's just perfect for finding either the missing heroes or the trio of villains you might be up against - and is it worth the cost? What do you do?

and introducing...

Getterman! - Oh wow, how'd you even manage to get into this mess? I guess it ultimately doesn't matter though - it doesn't change that, not only do you have some information the others don't, you're in quite a bit more danger than they are. Damocles spotted you tailing after the three villains earlier, and though you managed to give him the slip (describe how) you're still trapped in a building with three dangerous enemies, a security system they're apparently in control of somehow, and whatever it was they're tinkering with in that one lab you saw. Add on that you've no hope of backup since they're blocking transmissions and you're a single hero of lower rank than the team they took apart, and yeah, it'll take a real Hero to get out of this one. Good thing you're here, then. What do you do now?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 13, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Freak:+2/Danger:-1/Savior:0/Superior:+2/Mundane:0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: |Location: Spark Industries

Earlier
"WAAAAH!" He cried out to the children. Ken stood in the costume as an overweight but muscular man with a purple nose, jagged moustache, big grin, wearing purple overalls and a yellow t-shirt and cap. The children were in a more impoverished area of the city and were all excited to be getting toys. He wore the costume because he thought it would be fun more or less and was tired of wearing Getterman as a publicity stunt. Thre were toys a plenty and he was happily giving out yoyos, dolls, action figures of the heroes of the world, talking with parents and getting tackled all through the day.

That was until his coordinator came up. Her name was Erika Nomura, a stern woman in a business suit, carrying a clipboard. She didn't really know why she had to deal with a teenager with that was so aloof with the way things were in this world. But she knew that getting those children against her was night the brightest idea, she pulled out a phone and called a number and soon several pizzas (albeit very cheap) were brought over and the children started eating and playing and leaving Ken alone.

"Ken, can you stop playing with those children, you have a job to do"

Ken stands up and waddles away from the children with the woman. "Look, I can only do so much for you, if you keep running around all over the place, eventually something bad might happen" She says sternly "This isn't like your world, there are people who will attack you for no reason, muggers, thieves, worse. You are not a god, you are not an S-Rank hero, you are not invincible, a stray bullet through your skull can kill you, so take this seriously!"

"Ah but to those children I was their hero for the day" he says sighing "What's the Caper?"

"I really wish you would stop calling it that, your Job and I do want to emphasis this, JOB is that you are to trail behind the three villains," she speaks handing him the three folders "Hipshot, Damocles and Dirty Harry. You are not to engage with them they are extremely dangerous, your job is only that to follow them and track them down, do you understand?"

"You know in my world I took down an entire alien plan to take over the entire world"

"Yes and in our world your world is a cartoon. Now get to work, and don't bring Getternyan, he causes too much trouble"

Three hours later and a suit up.
Who wudda thought that Damocles would have heard a stone fall from the top of one of the apartment complexes.

Sword swipe, horizontal, roll under Getterman rolls narrowly dodging the blade. He swings his foot at the ankles of Damocles, trying to trip them, of course that would not work, they clearly just step over the foot like it was not even there.

Followup with an upward swing He read off to himself as he slid to the side of the sword. Of course, Getterman didn't hear the stone fall or else he would have done something to stop it, however right now he was in the fight for his life. He saw the Spark Industries main headquarters nearby where the other two were heading and needed to divert them long enough. He wish he had more then his kendama, maybe his billy club would help. He could try for a disarm of the sword, but that would leave him open. The distance to the other apartments was too far for him to readily jump, and he was near the edge of the roof. He slowly took out his kendama and began to twirl his yoyo, letting it gain speed.

"GetterYo! Electric style!" He yells and swings the ball out at Damocles, who skillfully dodges it. Getterman jumped back as he retracted the kendama and stood on the edge of the rooftop with Damocles inching closer, their sword ready to kill. "You know, being a hero would do you better than going around trying to kill someone just trying to stop crimes from happening" Just before Damocles is ready to strike, getterman winks, tips his hat and jumps off the top of the building, using the Yoyo as a grappling hole on a flagpole to slow his descent so that he can land on the cloth awning underneat, bouncing him neatly onto the ground. The two had already entered the building, he rushes inward, his feet slamming into the ground as fast as they could carry him, knowing Damocles was soon on his trail.

Now
The inside was cold...and dark. He was alone with no hope of calling getternyan, or anyone for help, his communicator was being blocked and he couldn't call for help. What's worse is that Damocles just entered and is starting to look for him. He shrank into the shadows trying to think of a plan, he needed to get the transmissions working again and he needed to get out of there. Well...taking down the bad guys would be good too. Clutching his yoyo in his hand he sighed and rolled out a small ball. Damocles immediately, of course, saw the ball and was about to strike when his theme song began to play. Out from the shadows flying downward getterman came dropping down on Damocles.

"FOR TRUTH AND JUSTICE, GETTERMAN SHALL PROTECT THIS WORLD AND ANYWORLD HE LANDS IN! WHEREEVER EVIL MIGHT LIE, THE HEART OF GETTERMAN WILL BE THERE TO PROTECT!" he proclaims loudly. "GETTERYO ELECTRIC STYLE!"

quote:

Scarybagels unleashing the power of Getteryo on Damocles to over come the obstacle
Scarybagels .roll 2d6+2
skybot Scarybagels: 12 (2d6+2=6, 4)

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Freak: -1 | Danger: -2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +3
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Rescue Mission Go

Kamaitaichi just... doesn't come, Tetsuya looks like he's feeling down and not into it, and I want to stop him, but he just gives me that looks that reminds me of last night and him talking about not feeling human, and I just... it's kinda crushing to look at, because he's so wonderful, and now he doesn't want to join us? He promises to be back though, so maybe he just is afraid of scaring the crowds or something, and I mean, I know he wouldn't mean to but I guess I can see why he'd be afraid of that. So I don't force him to stay, instead pointing at him dramatically, "Well, then as leader I order you to keep that promise." A wink added to the statement, I smile to the scythe baring man, "We'd miss you if you weren't back tonight - we're a team after all!" He... doesn't react as happily as I hoped, but I kind of expected that, honestly. It was worrying, but I couldn't force him to feel better about himself, it was a slow process. I just hoped he wasn't doing anything to get himself hurt.

I felt good about myself despite it on the way to the mission - they agreed with my plan, even if it took a little bit of talking to explain why it was such a great plan, which made me like, super duper happy, because duh, I don't wanna have my team hate how I lead. And maybe Mosy was right, and I needed to lead a little more, instead of just protecting people and throwing myself at problems. I had some time to ponder this as I went, and I sorta agreed - we had plenty of power to break down walls and beat up those who needed to be beat up, so I didn't need to do that. So the best thing I could do would obviously be to direct people well, wouldn't it? We need to have a good balanced group, if we wanna be successful and make sure we save everyone we can, and don't mess up. And with Tetsuya gone for this mission, that meant even more - "Okay, I guess there's a change of plans." I was making sure to clue them into what I was thinking, "Mosy, pair up with Jumping Flash and Red Witch. We'll keep in contact, you guys'll be team 1 and Nemi and I can be team 2, in case something happens, yeah?"

Growing into my image of myself - lowering danger to -2, raising Superior to +1

It's on the way that my phone starts playing my super cute generic ringtone, and I glance at it for just a moment as we keep moving - okay, that message is slightly weird, I mean, help me? Why would Koneko need help? I mean maybe Stardust Scout would, but clearly Koneko the Nicovideo star and Stardust Scout had nothing to do with each other, so why would Koneko need help? Oh dear, oh dear, is this what they call a stalker message? That's terrible! You should normally like, call the police or a hero or something for that right? Wait, I am a hero, I guess I can just wait and handle it myself? Or is that wrong, and an abuse of my authority? Ah, whatever, that's something to deal with after this, obviously, not something to worry about when we're off to somewhere that is potentially dangerous.

-------

Arrival is a bit more shocking than I expected - it's just... empty, completely and totally empty, like no one was around, and no one knew anything was happening. What's worse, it was quiet - if the team that was sent out here had won, they'd be celebrating and the crowds would be all over them, and police hauling off villains... and if they lost, there'd be tons of police and backup heroes here and it'd be even more busy than usual. I'm a hero, but I'm not stupid, so I know the proper thing to do in this situation - unclipping the communicator from my dress' strap, I try to get into contact with Tanaka, "Taaaaan? It seems we have a bit of an issue here. Tan? Taaaaan. Tanaka!?" There's nothing on the other end, no static, no beeping from me hitting the communicator... it's just dead. Jammed, or just not working in general, I dunno, but that was a big deal. First instinct is to get Jumping Flash - who was quick - to go see if she could get outside of range of a jammer, and get assistance. But that's dumb - how long would it take, and is it even a jammer?

Instead, it's time to be heroes, even if it means being a little stupid about it, "Alright everyone, change of plans again. Clearly this isn't going to be as easy as we expected. Remember, we're dealing with high ranking villains, not low level monsters. It seems they've already taken down one team. But we're heroes, aren't we? We jump into the fray, even when it's dangerous, don't we? So here's the plan - same teams, Mosy with Flash and Red, me and Nemesis - avoid engagement though. Our goal is to get anyone in that building out of the building. That means heroes, civilians, police, anyone who is hurt. Do not try and beat the bad guy - even if you're strong enough to do it, we don't want to risk damaging a building full of injured people, and hurting them even more. If you're forced to engage, look for your chance to get out of there - Mosy, I'm trusting your team's safety to you, you're taking the head of Team 1 this time. Don't feel ashamed if you have to run, but take care of each other, okay?

Secondly, communications are obviously out - if you see something that looks out of place, like it might be jamming comms or causing a blackout or whatever, anything big, weird looking, and not fit for the kind of building this is, and you can get to it? Take it out. The sooner we can get backup and paramedics here, the more people we'll save. If, and this is a big If,"
, I feel a little bad about glancing at Sandy for this, but it needed to be pointed out who it was for, "If we can't get backup, and it's just a faulty communicator from Tanaka, then we'll regroup and have to take out the villains. But this is after we rescue as many people as we can, is that understood? We'll need everyone's strength to get through this safely. We wont be able to talk while communications are out, and I'd like for us to be able to stick together, but we need to be quicker than that. Do we all understand?" I look over my team, doing my best to not show that I am, actually, pretty scared by all this - running into a situation where veterans were beaten, with no backup, no information, no real prep time.

And then attention turns to the building, and i take a deep, deep breath. We need to get in and get out, and I need to figure out the best way to do that. I'm the leader after all. It's my fault if they get hurt. I trust Mosy to lead her team well, after she was willing to question me like she did - she obviously cares about us. But I also wonder if I'm asking too much of her, just throwing her into a leadership role.

Assessing the situation
11:52 KittyPhone !r 2d6
11:52 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 9 = 9
I actually raised Superior, so it should be a 10?
How could we best end this quickly
What here is in the greatest danger

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 13, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Savior +1 | Superior -1 | Mundane 0
Potential: 4/5 | DOOM! 2/5 | Conditions: Hopeless | Location: Creepy Deserted Street

Well, I guess Stardust didn't help as much as I thought. I know it's awful, but I really do feel a little better because of that. As he flies off, I yell after him, "Be safe! See you tonight!"

I nod over at Jumping Flash when Stardust pairs us together, saying, "Well, the more the merrier, right?" I stick my tongue and add with a teasing laugh, "Maybe we'll even see your fanclub."

Giving influence to Red Witch, since he's clearly trying to help and is doing better about not blowing me up.
Gaining Potential

Oooooooh, boy. This is not good. Not good at all. Something really bad happened here. It's just so... sad? Why do I feel sad? It's a bit unnerving, but I actually start to tear up before I have the presence of mind to slam a lid on it. My hand shoots up to my face to rub my eyes and quickly say, "It's not me! Someone had their heart broken here. And it's... a really strong feeling. A memory, even." I tear up again and start to get really frustrated! It's not fair! I can't fall apart in front of everyone like this! My voice chokes up a little as I say, "I can feel it. They... the three of them. The bad guys, I mean. They ambushed the C3s. They love doing that, ambushing people. They caught them in a crossfire, panicked the C3s. And... then..." I trail off, unsure of what to say next as the memory fades.

I take a few deep breaths, and it passes. I mutter, "Sorry. I'm fine. Let's just keep going."

Then Stardust drops a bombshell of her own, and I just blink a few times when she suggests that I'm the person to lead the other, bigger team. Oh no. Oh noooooo. I mean, I'm a team player, sure, but leader? I look around to see what everyone else thinks, but I think they're just as surprised as I am. I almost chicken out, but... Stardust is right. We've got to make sure everyone's safe, and if it takes putting ourselves in danger to do it fast, then we're the heroes for the job. After I realize that everyone's waiting on me to talk, I sharply nod and say, "Right. We've got to make sure everyone is safe. Even if we're splitting up, we shouldn't get too far from each other, though. The bad guys might still be around here." Honestly, I'm not sure if splitting up is the best plan right now, but between second guessing myself from yesterday and the psychic landmine I just stepped on, I'm not really sure I trust myself to come up with something better. My head's just a mess right now!

But I push all that aside, saying, "I'll do a quick sweep to see where we should start searching." I flex my palms, cracking my knuckles before I send out a wave of mist over the ground, into the buildings. Hopefully, this should speed things up a lot!

Unleash powers to find survivors
<capfalcon_work> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 6+2 = 8

Forgot that I'm still hopeless, so that's actually a 6.
At least I get a potential?

Stardust is gonna help with some comforting and team, so let's boost that to a seven and make it a temporary effect.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 17, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location:

Nemesis, yesterdays battle still fresh in memory, and still unsure about her teammate's thoughts at her, looks at Stardust half impressed and half confused. "You actually seem to have given it some thought, this time around."

Indeed, while the obvious action would be to just go in and smash things up... Stardust actually has a legit point. There's too many possible civilians to worry about, the heroes aren't there, and yet no backup call. Something about this is fishy.

But still... it's annoying. Nemesis' style was beating the opposition down as quick as possible, because an unconscious villain can't do any damage. But this just reeks like a trap. Too quiet, no communication? Yeah, no. Charging in is stupid.

Seeing Nemo freak out a little bit, she then tries to reassure her. "Come on, Nemo. You can do this. We all believe in you. I don't like the way things are looking either, but I need you to pull through on this one."

Following that, she turns back to Stardust. "Maybe the two of us should start from the top? You can fly, I can just jump up and get back down again and my shared invincibility will prevent any harm to the civs. A two pronged move like this also means we can locate the villains easier, so we can avoid them... or punt them through a wall. Just saying, an unconscious villain is a harmless villain..."

Supporting Nemo: 2d6-2 2

Grow away from the team. Explain why you feel detached. Take Influence over you away from another character. (Stardust Scout)

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 15, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane +2
Potential:2/5 | Conditions: | Location:

As Dusty announces the split, I'm a bit disappointed me and Sandy are separated. I know she can take care of herself, but...I like being there for her, and I think she does too. Oh well, I guess she's safe with Dusty.

I'm getting closer to Sandy!

But enough about that, what's more important is this symbol on the fountain. It's like a chalice or something. It might just be a gang sign, but it might be related to what happened here. Somebody must have wanted us to see this, and they definitely wanna see us. Those cameras haven't moved from our position since we got here. This smells like a trap. Then I see a glint of metal in the grass nearby. It's a....revolver? Wait, is this Hipshot's?!

"Guys, I have a real bad feeling about this, I think we might be going into a trap."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Freak +2, Danger +2, Savior +0, Superior 0, Mundane -1
Potential 0+1/5 | Burn: 3-1 | Conditions: Insecure

Red Witch got closer to the team, so I'll give Influence to Mnemosyne and mark potential. She already has Influence though, so she gets to shift my labels.

I watch as Kamaitachi walks...well, floats off. I'd say something but I guess everyone's letting him go? "Uh, okay. See you later!" I give a wave even though I'm not sure if he notices. But I stop thinking about that when we get to the scene - it's clear things have gone wrong here.

I nod along with Stardust's plan, as I try to figure out what the magical effect is doing. But I can't. At least, not without using magic of my own. And if we need to find the villains, I could probably look around almost everywhere for them. But...well, I've never been good at being subtle. It'd send out a large number of fast moving eyes, but if I see them they'll see what I sent out. And we won't really have an element of surprise.

I think about telling Mnemo this but it looks like she's kind of busy. So instead I stand still, focus on whatever magical effect is all around us, and open my mind just like yesterday.

Using Elemental Awareness to ask "What is the magic here doing?" and marking Afraid

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Rescue Mission Go

I glance at Flash, she's right about it possibly being a trap, especially if they really did prepare to stop our communications and everything - and lying is dumb, and bad, "Honestly - it might be a trap. If any of you don't want to risk it, please, don't force yourselves to. Being a hero doesn't mean we have to jump into something we think is stupid, to look good - going and getting help is just as heroic, if you think we need it. No one here will think less of you for it. I'm going in, because that's what I'd do - but you all should follow me if you want, not because it's what I feel a hero would do." Even Sandy's not actually mean, she might be brave to the point of being a little reckless, but I know she's not mean, just... hot headed, so I know I'm telling the truth there - and if someone was the type to heckle a teammate like that, I wouldn't really want them on my team anyways.

I make a specific note to go over to Mosy, and put a hand on her shoulder, talking a little quieter, not announcing it to them all, but not trying to keep it a secret either, "That goes for you too. If you think it's time to get them out, get them out. I'm not expecting the world from you, or for you to pull off the impossible. I expect the same thing from you that I always expect from all of us - take care of each other. Don't ask what I would do, don't try to be me, don't try to be Sir Justice, or the Great Wizard. Be Mnemosyne, make the calls Mnemosyne would make, not the ones you think someone else would want you to. I trust you, and if you can't trust yourself to do it, just trust the fact that I think you can."

Comforting Sub Leader Mnemosyne
16:39 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+3
16:39 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 9+3 = 12
Will clear Guilty if she likes it
Also spending a team on her. Go Mosy~

"Nemi's right about how we should enter though. If one of our teams handles the top floors, and the others the ground floors, we'll finish up quicker, and can get out of here... hopefully without attracting the bad guys."

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 19, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential: 3/5 | DOOM! 2/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Creepy Deserted Street

I nod as Stardust and Nemesis shake out their plan, and it's a decent one. I still don't like splitting up, though. I eye the things that the others mentioned, and with my vision before, I'm more sure than ever that this is a trap. But, it might be the least bad of all the options, which makes it even more important that I do a good job as a leader. Everyone's going to be counting on me! But, while I'm thinking about everything that can go wrong, I almost let the mist slip out from under my grasp. But when Stardust puts her hand on my shoulder, I snap back into focus. She's right here, watching me. I can't lose control. I can't scare her. I don't know how I'd take that, and I refuse to find out. I clench my fists, nails digging into my palm, just as I remember to murmur a little nonsense chant:

Mists of grey,
flow today,
seek those hurt,
near or away.

It's... pretty rubbish, and I screwed up the rhyme. But it's only an afterthought as do the real work of mentally clamping down on the mist, refusing to give it another inch. After a tense moment of mental wrestling, the mist stops shifting underneath my grasp and begrudgingly sifts through the rubble looking for survivors. Content now that I've reminded the mist who's running the show, I visibly relax and nod to the others, "Almost done."

Clearing Hopeless

Also, shifting Red Witch's labels. -1 danger, +1 mundane
Like I said, he's probably the closest person to Mnemosyne right now and he's gone a long while without blowing her up.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 19, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

As Red Witch and Mnemosyne complete their magical spells, more information is revealed to the reader in a series of intermixed panels, all of them very shadowy and somewhat enigmatic. It's assumed that they share this information with everyone else.

Three Heroes tied to chairs, bloodied and unconscious, and in between the three of them (their backs are to it) an ominous looking machine, with a stylish young man twirling a revolver and looking board sitting upon it.
What looks like a command room, a villain in it directing dozens of machines at once with shadowy tendrils, magical symbols visible on the back of his gloves. If you look close enough, most of the monitors in the room show the Kan'non Six.
Another three heroes, similarly wounded, lying on tables in a lab... and the door to it open, no villain visible either.
And... wait, Getterman is here? And he's real?! And he just hit a sword wielding villain in the face with a Yoyo?

--------------------------

Getterman! - Damocles is an edgy villain (ha sword joke) and not exactly prepared for your sort of tomfoolery and inventiveness. The Getteryo slams directly into his mask, and normally he'd be fine... if it weren't for about fifty thousand volts that accompany your attack. "AHHH!" He yells behind his damaged mask, some of the circuitry in it clearly sparking - he's not going to be able to see for a bit, but that's not stopping him from swinging that ridiculously sharp sword of his about anyways. Better beat a hasty retreat before he recovers, but to where? What's most important for you to do now, saving the hostages or stopping the villains? Where do you head towards to make this happen?

-------------------------

Unfortunately, you all don't really have time to discuss these developments much. Maybe fifteen seconds pass after everyone's been caught up on what the two magic users saw until the roofs of three of the buildings open up, with what look like armored gun turrets (all of them pointed at you, naturally) elevating out of them. If you had to guess you've got probably about five more seconds before they start shooting - are they important targets to take out, or just a distraction? Who's going where, with who? What's Getterman even doing here? Whatever your answers to those questions are, you don't really have time to discuss them in the courtyard anymore. It's time for action!

Nemesis - You could probably take one of those turrets out, right? No trouble - I mean, they're just big gun turrets, probably only shoot bullets, whereas you're YOU. Good chance to show off as well, and keep everyone safe. So yeah, what's keeping you from doing it? Not scared, are you - or scared of Stardust? What do you do? (Take a condition if you do not engage the turrets.)

Mnemosyne - The mists also show you pathways to the injured heroes, though only you can see them... which means that while you and whoever you're with will be able to find half of them, the other half isn't guaranteed to be as easy. You can feel the mists fading already, something pulling at them or interfering with them. What do you do, knowing all of this?

Red Witch - Your vision of the security control room - and the villain, Dirty Harry based on the pictures Takana showed you earlier - confirm that he's the one jamming communications, obviously via magic integrated with the lab's security systems. Worried that his magic might be stronger than yours, or eager to stop him? Whatever the case, it seems he's eager to stop you all - those gun turrets are definitely his work as well. What do you do now?

Jumping Flash - The villains seem to have escalated the gun situation. While you've got Hipshot's for now (it's got five bullets left in it by the way, and is an absurdly well made and lightweight weapon) the enemy's brought out three giant gun emplacements from the look of it. Oh my, probably should avoid getting shot by those. Who do you stick with during the confusion for safety, or what plan do you come up with that you announce to the others? What do you do?

Stardust Scout - Nice speech - shame it looks like your plans are going to need to change yet again, because the villains definitely know you're here. Not only that, they're pointing some very big guns at the entire party, and in this courtyard you're all sitting ducks. Better either protect your team or shepherd them all inside, right? You've got maybe five seconds to act before the guns are in position to fire, so how are you going to use them?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 24, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

"Swing all you want, the blade of justice surely would do you better" he says to Damocles before he sets off. He has two options, save the hostages or take down the baddies, if he can get the hostages free...he can call getternyan to help him. He moves away from Damocles, but not before leaving his insignia near Damocles. He jumps over the railing using the getteryo to swing himself up onto the higher floor and runs off, leaving damocles blinded. He swings his getteryo at the various cameras that might spy on him to mask his movements. He slides to a stop when he sees three masks tied up in chairs and an hombre twirling a gun, a revolver it looks like, maybe a Smith & Wesson Model 29, he looks rather bored, maybe he wants some playthings. He hides around a corner and takes out a small little wind up toy, a walking mini getternyan, and modifies it a bit with some tech from his universe and lays it down after winding it up, it begins to wander over to the gun weilder - hipshot he recalls...and it plays the getterman theme before gas starts escaping from its mouth and ears and other places, filling the area around hipshot with darkness as he sneaks in to move the three hostages away towards freedom. He cannot risk lives foolishly, and right now these hostages need to be saved before he can face hipshot.

As he drags the chairs of hostages towards freedom he presses a buttom to summon getternyan in ambulance mode to get them to the Mask ER asap. There was a rumble outside. He knows for a fact getternyan is not that fast, so it means something else must be going on outside. Did support come? If so then that's great, he could use the help to get the hostages to safety because right now he realized...He never really located the way up in the first place. Well darn it. He uses the ever versatile getteryo to slowly lower each hostage below before jumping off, with a Pirouette in the air and landing to drag them outside, that is, if Damocles is still blinded, which he hopes is the case as he pulls these three out with all his strength that he can muster.

Suck it Hipshot posted:

Platonibot Scarybagels: 7 (2d6+2=1, 4)
Scarybagels Woot works once
Scarybagels Tiny Getternyan Shadow bomb

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Potential 1/5 | Burn: 2-1 | Conditions: Afraid, Insecure

When I see Dirty Harry, I tense up. I don't know if we can take him down along with the other villains. But...that's what we have to do right? And considering how well things have been going in respect to my powers then maybe I can defeat him. Or at least do something to the machines. It might be tricky, but I have everyone else on the team to help with it, and Getterman too apparently, so -

My attention is taken by the sight the turrets beginning to aim at us. I quickly extend my arms out and create a small barrier to cover everyone - thankfully we're all together. "Come on guys, let's get somewhere safe!"

Spending 1 Burn to use Shielding

[02:25] <Heliotrope> Defend Team from turrets
[02:25] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+2
[02:25] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 10+2 = 12

Choosing to clear Afraid

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Oh crud. Go on with out me, I'll deal with the turrets! We can't let them get a stray shot on injured people..." Nemesis says the team, as she dashes outside of Red Witches' barriers, and bolts for the turrets ahead.

she leaps directly into the first turret, horribly distorting it's form - no way it can shoot anyone, now. Now, onto the other ones...

Directly engaging turrets: 2d6+3 12 choosing: "resist or avoid their blows", and "take something from them" (their ability to shoot).

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential: 3/5 | DOOM! 2/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Creepy Deserted Street

Wait, there's six heroes in trouble?! What the hell, Takana? What does the league even pay you for?!?!?!

And that Getterman impostor is here. ...I guess he's really dedicated, because it looked like he was doing ok. But, there's no time to worry about that now!

I yell to the others, "Follow me! It's just the heroes in there, and I know where some of them are! Keep an eye out for Hipshot, though! He's probably going to be waiting for us!"

And with that, I dart inside, protected by Red Witch's shield. Then, I take off for the room I saw the heroes in.

I'm going to lead everyone who follows me to the group of heroes with the ominous machine and the guy twirling guns.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Rescue Mission Go

Planning is going well, Mosy seems to be doing a little better, everything seems to be going okay and we'll be able to make it through it, obviously - we're heroes after all. And... then everything starts shooting at us, Red Witch is throwing up defensive barriers, Nemesis is already rushing the guns, and Mosy is taking the lead on getting everyone inside. Which makes it obvious what I have to do, with Nemesis out on her own, as usual - raising my starlight staff, the enchantment is simple, "Helio~Hop~!" Okay, it wasn't technically even magic, it was just me jumping high, but I mean everything I do is technically magic, even if I don't have to cast a spell to do it, right? And it's fun to yell and make it seem more magical, especially when I'm jumping up to a rooftop of a building my team was rushing their way into.

I can feel it now, whatever they were doing, the hold they had on themselves, I can feel the dark magic pulsing through the building, where the power was running, and everything else. This wasn't a simple hack or whatever people do normally to take over computer systems. This was magic, plain and simple, and not the kind I liked to feel, not empty of Malice or Light like some Magic, and as far from Light as it could be. Part of my mind was thinking of Lady Sea, and how she was tainted, corrupted, her magic twisted to turn her into a monster instead of a magical girl. "There's dark magic in the systems!" I shouted to Nemi, "I trust you to cover me~!" Time for her to get a job, as I raised my staff above my head, beginning to twirl it with both hands.

Activating GAME FACE, taking ANGRY, marking my goal as DEFEAT THESE VILLAINS

"Speed of Mercury, Strength of Venus, and Fire of Mars, I call upon the Inner Planets, bring forth the Light of the Sun, and cleanse this foul magic~" As I say my chant, my staff glows with an awesome power, channeling the same energies that fill my body and heart, through the lenses of the stars, "By the power of the Stars, Lo~vely Purge!" I bring the staff down hard on the building, and for a moment, the light ends, and nothing happens besides the sound of staff against rooftop. And then my hair begins to billow, pigtails flying above my head as I hold my hands on the head of the staff, a great white sigil burning into the rooftop beneath me, wreathing the roof in Light, as I forced Light against Dark Magic, Love against Malice.

An unleash roll was here, that was a 10, 11 including Game Face bonus.

But I wanted to do more than to just counter the dark magic and cleanse it from around my team, I wanted to show the power of the Happiness to those who would deny its strength, and take the wrong path - I wanted to go against my own plan, and bring them to me. So my magic wasn't just to purge, it was meant to fill, and to trail - to lead their dark wizard to me. And hopefully only this Dirty Hairy or whatever his name was - a distraction to let the others get out safe, and rescue the fallen heroes, while we... hopefully stopped a wicked mage.

Provoke
17:05 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
17:05 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 12+1 = 13
17:05 KittyEmpress lmao
17:05 KittyEmpress okay thanks krysm <3

Provoking him to abandon THEIR NEFARIOUS PLAN and come confront THE WONDERFUL LIGHT FILLED STARDUST SCOUT

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 2, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Potential:2/5 | Conditions: | Location: With Everyone Else

"Sandy, be careful!"

I rush in with the others, covering the rear with Hipshot's gun. I mean, I've never fired a gun before, but it's gotta be simple, right? Darnit...

"It's alright. I've got Hipshot's gun. I mean, unless the gun-based villain happens to have another gun..."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

As things really kick into high gear in the second half of our manga, the heroes seem to have managed to split themselves into three groups. Each pair is highlighted in a separate elaborate panel, with the face of the villain that's soon to endanger them lurking above each...

-------------------

Dirty Harry - Green Threat Level
Special Rule- Shadow Magician
Add this to the list of directly engage options vs Dirty Harry: You are not attacked by your shadow while your focus is elsewhere.

Red Witch and Stardust Scout - The pair of you are aware of the magical disturbances almost immediately - for a moment the shadow struggles against the light, hope against despair, and then... it vanishes. Completely gives in without a fight, gone as if it never existed in the first place. That can't be right, can it?

If either of you celebrated early, you were wrong to. The shadow's not left this place, instead having come for the both of you. And it actually seems so unassuming... just a working man in overalls and with a cap and gloves and a too wide smile suddenly - magically - on the northern building roof not far from you two. At least he's polite, and doffs his cap to the pair of you. "Wow, look at you two - pretty impressive, I gotta say." He switches on a dime to looking so bored you're almost convinced he was never smiling to begin with - it's off-putting to say the least.

"Listen, two choices for you kiddies. One, you surrender your powers to that nifty machine DEUS gave us, and I swear on my honor that I'll let you both go." It goes without saying that he's lying, and he doesn't care that you both know. "Two, I just shred you both and we feed it whatever's left to it after I grind you both up. Sound good?" It does to him."What's it going to be? Door number one? Or do I get to kill you both?!" He looms towards the pair of you... and, you can't help but notice, so do your own shadows. What do you both do?!

-------------------

Hipshot - Green Threat Level
Special Rules - Hipster
Hipshot is impossible to Provoke unless his aesthetic sensibilities are challenged in some way.

Jumping Flash and Mnemosyne - At least you two know exactly where the heroes are. It's a long run, and it seems everyone else is still busy outside - for quite a while just the two of you are left to run through the halls on your own, the cheerful workplace signs and humdrum atmosphere utterly contrasting with the urgent and heroic nature of your mission. Eventually you both reach the room, the mists part before Mnemosyne as the pair of you creep into the laboratory before you...

In the center sits at tall, cylindrical device, three heroes of various stripes affixed to chairs around it, and... connected to it via wires? That's probably not good. Neither is the villain Hipshot - who's sitting exactly where you thought he'd be, on top of the slightly-larger-than-man-sized machine. It's glowing with green energy too, which Hipshot seems to have noticed... he lands in such a way that the light glints off his three revolvers, which he seems to be juggling for some reason. "Oh look, visitors. I TOLD them the turret trick was cliche, but nah we had to be old school about things!" Looking towards both of you, he catches two of his guns, the last landing neatly in a holster, and then he clicks back the hammers.

"Way I see it, you're out of your league and you got something of mine. I can make this quick if you want..." He's itching to draw despite his words, and it looks like you two have to take him on! What do you do?!

-------------------

Damocles- Green Threat Level
Special Rules - Heart of the Blade
When you Directly Engage Damocles, he gains Influence over you by seeing your true intentions. (As an adult, he also already starts with influence over all of you.)

Getterman and Nemesis - The turrets being under such ferocious attack allows the Getternyan - which curiously isn't impacted by any signal jamming at this point - to slip in. In the time it takes Nemesis to destroy the first, three of the six heroes are secured in that strange vehicle already, and the two of you make short work of one turret each afterwords. Describe how.

While it may seem you've won things up here aboard the south rooftop, that couldn't be further from the truth. Both of you spot a split second of movement, and in that involuntary amount of time spent recognizing and processing what you're perceiving, the person that made it's already struck. Suddenly standing a few feet away from Nemesis, the villain Damocles waves his sword, acting as if he's about to sheathe it before spinning to face the pair of you - and it's only then that Nemesis feels his attack.

Nemesis take a powerful blow!

Even behind his mostly fried mask and distorted robotic voice it's obvious he's pissed. "Our whole ambush plan was stupid - you're just loving kids, this'll be over soon enough. Bet DEUS even pays us extra for taking your overrated rear end out." It's not actually obvious which of you he's talking about, at least to Getterman, but still - this guy's dangerous and he's no joke with that nasty sword of his. What do you both do?!

Rauri fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 2, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Potential 1/5 | Burn: 1-1 | Conditions: Insecure

Seeing the shadows reach toward us, I focus my own magical powers. "Oh yeah? Well...how about door number, uh, two?!" I concentrate on the shadows of the area, trying to kick Harry's influence out. He might be a power shadow mage, but I have control over all kinds of magic.

[01:35] <Heliotrope> Unleash To Take Control of Shadows
[01:35] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+2
[01:35] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 8+2 = 10

Spending 1 Burn to use Worship and awe him into silence, respect, and attention

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Rescue Mission Go

Woah, okay, that was like, way, way faster than I expected the villain to get here after I tried to draw him out. Maybe it wasn't his plan to ambush the others, judging by how all of us were getting rushed - well, okay, that's fine still. I wanted to draw him out here, so I could stop his evil magic, and save the world from this darkness and shadow-y magic that he would use, "We should ask you the same thing! Wait. I mean about surrendering! Not killing you and putting you in a device or anything, because we're way better than you!" I point at him with a finger, not even bothering to point my starlight staff as I talk to him, "If you give up your wicked ways, and repent your use of this malefic force, you too could work for the side of Good, and be a great Hero, you know!" I'm fairly certain he's not going to take us up on that offer, and with Red Witch already doing his thing and his gray magic filling the air.... "I could teach you to wield a Lighter magic, a Better magic."

Well, it just wouldn't be complete if we didn't have some white magic in the mix - and to make him feel what White Magic could do. I might not be able to use all magic like Red Witch, but I liked what I could use, I liked the love magic that flowed within me - and I was almost certain our opponent would not like it at all. And everything had love in its heart, to power it up - I reached out my senses silently, feeling the area around me, to my team, and their feelings for each other, raw as they were, anywhere I could feel love, and life. It was difficult, we weren't exactly in the middle of bustling bit of the city, filled with love, joy, affection, all the things I needed, but even here, far away from people, there was love, and happiness, the songbirds nuzzling up to each other in their nests, eggs near them. The squirrels running through the trees, scavenging to keep their young fed. The magpie who sighted a shiny bauble, and swoops to grab onto it, to add to their collection.

There is life everywhere around us, and I can feel even the satisfaction of the ants, deep within their holes, as they go about their duties, of the bees that buzz around the queen, giving birth to what will be a new era for their hive. The world was full of love and magic, and I was its anchor, I was the one who could call to it, and so I did, reaching out my hand towards Harry, "By the light of the sun, by the beams of the moon, by the echo of the stars, I call to the hearts of all around me - bring forth your love, and empower me as the champion of your radiant feelings - Light of Love Beeeeeeaaaaaaaaaammmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!" The magic came forth from my palm, a heart shaped explosion of white-pink energy, swirling in the direction of the Dark Mage in front of me, waving, snaking towards him, as unstoppable as a young woman's heart.

An 11 Danger Roll happened here.
Resist blows.
impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential: 3/5 | DOOM! 2/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Boss Fight in the Lab!

Left, left.

I'm a little worried as I realize that Jumping Flash is the only one with me.

Right, left.

I haven't really done a lot with them yet, and I probably know them the least out of everyone on the team.

Up the stairs, turn right

And, you know, I'd feel better going into a serious fight if I had someone really powerful like Red Witch with me.

Right, straight.

Of course, I'd never say something that mean out loud to Jumping Flash.

Straight, left, and... we're here!

I fling the door open as I run into the room and come to an immediate stop as I see Hipshot waiting for us. I glance over to JF to make sure she's here and that she's not getting cold feet. I remember what Stardust said earlier. That I've got to make the call I think is best. And... yeah, this guy is crazy dangerous, but we've got to save those heroes! We just have to make sure take this guy out as fast as possible. With all the heroes lying around here, we can't afford to be careless! So, incredibly nervous, I lick my lips and start a chanting:
"Hand with piece of steel,
heart that does not feel,
arm that bars our path,
mind sh-"

...And then drop the rhyme (I was going to end with 'wrath,' for the record) and just unleash a torrent of mist in his direction, blinding him. There miiiiight be some unnatural whispers in there, too. I'm not really going to try and hold them back on his account.

I yell, "Now, JF!" I silently add, Please don't screw this up.

Mnemosyne unleash powers
!r 2d6+2
Capfalcon_. 8+2 = 10
Crushed it

Going to reshape the environment, specifically blinding and deafening Hipshot

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Nemesis picks up the turret top and threw it directly into the next turret, blowing up both. Just as she recovered from the throw, suddenly a sharp pain hits her in the back. She gives the strange man little thought - he seems to be on her side. But suddenly...

A blade in her back!? As she stumbles forward, wounded, Damocles mentions the word that instantly sets her off.

DEUS.

Struggling past the pain from her back wound, she gestures her hand like a claw, and before her appears a shimmering field in the same form. Catching Damocles as he tries to cut the string of getterman's yoyo, she forces him against the wall, now gesturing like a fist.

"You know what? I would have LOVED to just be a kid. but your benefactors didn't let me. I'm going to make them pay for that. And you will tell me everything you know about them.

She tightens her fist, and in turn the grip on Damocles tightens.

"Now."

Directly engage: 2d6+3 10 Take something from them (their knowledge of DEUS) and impress, frighten, or surprise them.

Take a Powerful Blow: 2d6+2 9 you give ground; your opposition gets an opportunity

Spending 1 Team to upgrade Getterman's roll to a 7.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 2, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

'Turrets? That is absolutely cliched.' Getterman notes as one near by gets destroyed. He takes his baton, extending it out and using it as a lever to rip open the back. "Why do I refuse to study this world's tech? All these wires are stupid, they clearly need to work like this" he says and reaches in to grab a whole mess of wiring and yanks hard, pulling out the power cable as well from the unit causing it to power down. He turns around, flipping up the baton back into its portable form and stows it away, rolling away from the heavy swing from Damocles. He didn't notice the other hero up there with him, but it was too late - he couldn't stop the swing from coming down upon the one up there with him. He closed his eyes sympathetically at the impact. It was a hard hit.

"Hey are you okay?" He calls out to Nemesis, before jumping over Damocles using his head as a pommel horse, landing beside Nemesis to protect them if need be. He takes out his Yoyo, swinging it and prepping it to use as a weapon once more and turns to face Damocles "Even if we are kids, the fact that I took you down once already just means that I have to take you down again...and Overrated? I'll have you know that I am Classic and that villainy is what truly is overrated, enjoy another electric shock! GETTERYO GO GO GO!" he shouts swinging the getteryo at the villain, the electricity flying down the steel string towards the yoyo itself. Getternyan moves over behind Nemesis, seemingly unconcerned with the fight that is going on, rather than taking care of the girl that was currently on the ground.

quote:

cutebagels GETTERYO GO GO GO
cutebagels .roll 2d6+2
Platonibot cutebagels: 6 (2d6+2=3, 1)+1 from team from Nemesis, another jolt of electricity at Damocles.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 2, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Potential:2/5 | Conditions: | Location: With Mnemy

"Come on, Hipshot! Let's draw!"

While Mnemosyne does her thing, I hop up to Hipshot's level, whipping out his gun and firing off a shot to his side, just trying to graze him.

Directly Engage! 4.

I miss by a country mile.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential: 3/5 | DOOM! 2/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Boss Fight in the Lab!

...She missed. I can't believe it. I gave her the perfect opening, too! There's no way Hipshot will give her another chance like that, and he's sure to know where the shot came from, even in his state. But I can't let Stardust down! She trusted me to do a good job and watch out for my team! ...Even if it is more of a partner.

So, panicked, I wordlessly throw up a wall of mist in front of Jumping Flash, trying to shield her from Hipshot's counterattack.

<capfalcon_work> Defend JF
<capfalcon_work> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 3+1 = 4
<capfalcon_work> womp womp

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The fearsome battles rage on!

Mnemosyne and Jumping Flash - It's pretty astounding - even though he's clearly disoriented by the Mists swirling about him, Hipshot keeps his cool. When Jumping Flash's shot goes wide he grins, spinning about even as he switches his guns from one hand to the other for absolutely no practical reason. The second one's in his left hand, he fires it up towards the ceiling twice - and both bullets ricochet around wildly, somehow circumventing the wall of Mist to strike directly at Jumping Flash!

(Take a powerful blow Jumping Flash, Mnemosyne doesn't but her blind / deafen effect ends)

To make things worse, it seem's Mnemosyne's spell has ended early - perhaps its his confidence, or magic's just a little too mainstream for him, it's hard to say. Whatever the case he's spinning his guns in both hands again, looking more cynically amused than mad. "Listen up, this bad boy's got, uhh..." He taps the machine with his gun, the barrel striking a dial that looks about eighty percent full. "Not a lot of time until it's done. You're not going to want to be here when it does, so yeah, way I see it..." He stops spinning both weapons, and then grins at the pair of you. "I'm about to do you two a favor."

He fires suddenly, directly at the both of you! How do you dodge, and how do you counterattack? Do you think he's serious about that machine, or just bullshitting you? If he is your team probably needs to know - and fast - but you're both engaged in a dangerous fight! What do you do?

-------------------

Nemesis and Getterman - Despite being in Nemesis' grasp, it's not enough to contain Damocles for long. "Like I told you..." He says, his voice extra-menacing from behind his damaged mask. Getterman's yoyo sails directly at him, but right at the last minute he bursts forth from his telekinetic entrapment, sword already lashing out with lightning speed - it's like he knows what you're going to do before you've even done it. His sword strikes the yoyo at a perfect angle, sending it rebounding directly back at the person that threw it (Take a powerful blow Getterman) before arcing the blade towards Nemesis (Take a powerful blow Nemesis). "It's Useless! You're just kids!"

(He uses Heart of the Blade to raise both of your mundane labels by one, and to lower both your danger labels by one. Getterman's Directly Engage fails. Nemesis gets one option instead of two for her directly engage. Did you focus on instilling fear, or extracting info?)

Springing into action, he wastes no time in leaping back into the middle of you, sword flurrying every which way as he starts to overpower both of you, moving quickly enough to avoid your counterattacks and telekinesis with surprising ease. "I know how you two fight - you can't defeat me!" It's obvious he's mad, but that hasn't made him any less threatening. Can the pair of you actually defeat him, or do you think you're going to need to call in some backup? What do you both do?

-------------------

Stardust Scout and Red Witch - Dirty Harry's bravado disappears as his shadows start turn on him, the lion's share of them now under Red Witch's control. For a moment he's too flabbergasted by what just happened to do anything but stare, and it's long enough that Stardust has time to go through her entire elaborate attack sequence and blast him with her Love Beam. It definitely wounds him - you can both tell because he starts shrieking a little bit, clearly not at all happy with how this is going.

(Dirty Harry marks Hopeless)

Maybe that's why he tries to reset everything. "Enough! I'm tearing you brats to pieces now!" Looking at the pair of you with hate in his eyes, black scuff marks on his face and clothes indicating he's damaged, he slams his hands onto the rooftop - and a strange magical symbol suddenly emanates out from beneath them. "SHADOW PULSE!" The stone and steel of the roof shifts and warps, a dark infection spreading throughout it, and all of a sudden sharp tendrils of stone and metal start shooting up from the ground, swarming towards both of you!

They're also hiding Dirty Harry, but as if that's not enough, from the sounds of things on the southern rooftop - maybe fifty meters from where you are - your teammates are faring a lot more poorly than you are. Can you two put this guy down quick enough to help them, or do you have your hands full with this dangerous villain? What do the pair of you do to defeat him for good? What do both of you do?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Aug 8, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Potential:3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Getting Shot

5!

Ha ha, little does Hipshot know that I can fall through air too! At the last second, I turn off my air walking and fall out of the bullet's path, taking only a graze. Likewise, as he fires again, I kick off the air, pushing myself to the side and attempting to fire off another shot!

Direct engage: 9!

I hit it this time! The bullet grazes his shoulder, hopefully creating a window of opportunity.

"Mnemy! Now!"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Freak +2, Danger +1, Savior +0, Superior 0, Mundane +0
Potential 1/5 | Burn: 0+3 | Conditions: +Angry, Insecure

Dirty Harry might have hidden from us with tendrils...but he didn't hide from his shadow. As I focus on controlling it, I say to Stardust "I got Harry!" I make it wrap around him and squeeze. We need to take him down and then help the the others! While the shadow squeezes, it takes a hold of the magical symbol he let down before unleashing this thing. I focus, and it goes from in his shadow's hand...to my shadow's hand...to my own, actual hand.

[02:23] <Heliotrope> Directly Engage Dirty Harry
[02:23] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+1
[02:23] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 8+1 = 9
Choosing to take control of the magical symbol Dirty Harry made on the rooftop

Then I focus, pulling as much magic nearby that I can possibly hold.

[03:46] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+1
[03:46] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 6+1 = 7
[03:46] <Heliotrope> Charging Up
Gain 3 Burn, and I choose to mark Angry

"You're done with, Harry!" I yell into the mess of tendrils and stone and metal. "This won't save you!" Once he's done, we can take care of the rest of them.

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Aug 8, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I accidentally deleted this post by pasting over it.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 15, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Ok, maybe I was a little too harsh on JF before. That was pretty cool! She even gave me a perfect shot!

I've dropped the faux mystic rhymes, and now I just throw my hands up in a silent invocation, and a solid, grey wall rushes out of my cape and slams into Hipshot. As he's trying his best to avoid being pinned by it, I see a small tendrils of mist greedily inching towards his ears, and I snarl, "Now, you're gonna tell us what exactly's going on with this container. Or am I going to have to pry it out of your brain?"

My face is set in a scowl, but it's really his own fault! He made it clear that I just don't have time to be nice about this, and I'm not gonna stand around and let these heroes get hurt any more than the already are!

<capfalcon_work> Directly engage
<capfalcon_work> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 8+1 = 9
<capfalcon_work> good good

Going to take some information out of his brain. Specifically, how should I deal with the weird container thing!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Rescue Mission Go

Red Witch's stolen shadows cease approaching us, as my Love Beam continues for a few moments, the sound of Dirty Harry being hit actually kind of worrying to me - I really hope I didn't hit him too hard. Love was a potent thing, and when turned into a beam and face with something of malice and evil, it was only more powerful. But I needn't have worried, as I watch him, his clothes tattered but him still awake, aware... and even more angry at us, threatening to kill us - which is rather silly of him. The most important trait is knowing when you're overwhelmed.

"Shadow Pulse!" He shouts at us, as he ceases to stagger from my Love Beam - and the shadows do exactly that, a huge rush of dark energy approaching us quickly. I can already see Red Witch getting ready with a big spell, so I adapt my tactics to his - spinning my staff again and producing a shining white light from it, chanting as I did so, "Starlight, starbright, fight against the shadow's fright, and use my joy to shine like night!" My starlight staff practically transformed, a cone of light shooting out over Red Witch, engulfing my ally in its protective light, burning away the shadows that approached him, the pure white energy at odds with the blackness of the shadows, a beacon cutting through darkness, "Hapi-Lantern~!"

But that's not all that I'm doing this time, no, this is more than just one spell, this is the beginning, "Sunlight burn, and fill this form, endless glow as ages turn, fill this witch with magic might, and strengthen them with your white light!" Not only was I building a defense around Red Witch, but I filled him with the Light Magic energy, knowing he could take it, and use it to empower his own gray-magic.

11:48 KittyPhone, stardust scout, defend red witch (+influence +game face)
11:48 KittyPhone, !r 2d6+4
11:48 Krysmbot, KittyPhone, 10+4 = 14
Removing Angry...
Then marking Angry as Leader, to give Red Witch +1 to that engage, and let them choose another option.

I have to do more than just handle this Dark Wizard though - I need to figure out what's going on with my Team, and who needs to be covered most. We need to work together on this, and end this quicker, and if my team's having trouble, I'll have to step in and make sure I can help them. Apparently Red Witch and I had gotten the easiest to counter one, when they decided to try and split us off - kind of a mistake on their part, but also good for all of us, since it'd mean more ability to team up on the others.

00:26 KittyEmpress stardust scout, assessing the situation, without any bonuses because RAURI IS TRYING TO MAKE ME FAIL
00:26 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
00:26 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 4+1 = 5
Taking the Beacon's Drives, gonna work it out w/ Rauri.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 8, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: 1 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location:

"Name is Nemesis. Nice to meet you." I reply to the weirdo without really looking at him.

"You know what, Damocles? You're an idiot. If I was just a kid I wouldn't be here fighting you!"

Driving my foot into the ground, I forcibly rip out a piece of the ground and kick it at him - and use it as cover for a charge attack. With as much force as I can muster, I lunge at him...

And he dodges.

Nonono that's a building support stop stopstop...

an ominous rumble follows.

Uh oh...

Reject Influence (Sword Guy): 2d6 2 FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Take a Powerful Blow: 2d6+2 13 Going to remove myself from the fight.

Going to focus on extracting info.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Potential 1/5 | Burn: 3 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure

As the power from Stardust flows through me, I go from just controlling Dirty Harry's shadow to talking through it.

"Maybe you should give up."

Choosing to also impress, surprise, or frighten Dirty Harry

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The fearsome battles rage on - though there's a few pages left in this Issue at most, so the inevitable Cliffhanger is coming soon!

-------------------

Nemesis and Getterman - Nemesis is a bit too strong for her own good - and not quite as educated at structural engineering as she should be, since yeah that was definitely a support column that she just brought down. Already off balance from dodging Damocles' attack, she takes a tumble just as the roof starts to cave in - burying her under layers and layers of rubble! While her Invincibility Field means it's not that physically painful, surely her pride's wounded... and it'll take even her some time to escape the tons of collapsed stone and steel atop her! Certainly long enough for her to notice that there's an absurd power building up below ground, now that she has time to concentrate on it...

(Nemesis is out of the fight for at least this next post, trapped under rubble. She can take actions to escape of course - roll not really required unless you're doing something super fancy.)

Which just leaves Getterman to face off against a very unhappy Damocles - who nimbly leaps to avoid standing on a damaged section of the roof and press his attack all at once. "I've had it with you kid!" His strikes are getting faster, harder, but less accurate - he's definitely losing his cool, but it won't mean much if one of those slashes of his manages to connect!

Suddenly his stance shifts, and for a moment kanji appears as he speaks. "IMPERIAL CRESCENT, DOUBLE AVALANCHE!" It's as if he's doubled in strength, his single sword like two and near impossible to defend against! Getterman, what do you do?

(Other than take a Powerful Blow, that is?)

-------------------

Stardust Scout and Red Witch - The power of Dirty Harry's Darkness is no match for Red Witch's magic or Stardust's love. Once again he's blasted about by the pair of you working in concert, his spell hijacked and his vengeance denied - and for a second, it looks as if the two of you have beaten him... but he was only playing possum! While Stardust's back is turned, the villain has one last trick up his gloves - a vicious looking knife. "gently caress... you!" He manages, flinging the deadly weapon right at the lovely heroine, before collapsing for real.

(Dirty Harry is also Angry and is out of the fight! He has one last attack for Stardust Scout, but...)

A white rose flies into frame from out of nowhere, piercing the knife and pinning it to the damaged roof, completely saving Stardust Scout! But who could have done this?!

Lunar Knight

"Shame on you, villain!" A tall, white-robed figure yells towards the unconscious villain from atop one of the damaged gun turrets, clearly having watched you both fight and prepared this speech beforehand. "Attacking someone when they're not looking!" He swoops down to join you two, his cape fluttering dramatically in the wind. He reaches a hand out towards Stardust immediately, asking "Are you hurt?" Even though she's pretty clearly not.

Remembering himself, he looks down towards the center of the building, then over towards the increasingly one-sided battle between Damocles and your teammates. "We need to help them and then get the wounded heroes out of here, quickly!" Despite his attempts to look casual, it's pretty clear he's worried about something big. What do both of you do now?

-------------------

Mnemosyne and Jumping Flash - Especially after he's been shot by one of his own guns, Jumping Flash having beat him in that particular showdown, Hipshot seems to be entirely over this fight - and not at all willing to have the Mists pry his brain apart for some information. "It's some sort of DEUS super creature - just needed a piece of tech from here along with these heroes to get it started, like they totally asked us to. You could probably start by cutting those cords," he motions to the ones connecting the heroes to the sinister machine, which at this point is starting to pulse with enough power to put everyone in the room on edge, Hipshot included.

(Hipshot marks Guilty)

"But the smart thing to do is get far, far away," He adds, motioning with a gun he drew seemingly out of nowhere towards the door you both entered from. "If you grab these heroes they're just going to slow you down, and you do NOT want to be here when this thing is born." It really doesn't look like he does either anymore - his earlier confidence is entirely gone, replaced with an obvious instinct towards self preservation. It's hard to blame him... you both sense that whatever is going to emerge out of the machine soon (the gauge is up to ninety percent) is going to be leagues beyond any of the threats you've faced so far! What the hell does he mean by 'born', anyways?

Do you let Hipshot pass, or stop him? Can you think of a way to get your teammates word on what's about to happen? What do you do?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Aug 15, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential: 3/5 | DOOM! 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Boss Fight in the Lab!

My snarl softens to a frown as I pull my hand back, withdrawing the mist from Hipshot. DEUS! They're making even more trouble! I look over to Jumping Flash and say, "I'll take care of the container. You get the heroes out, ok?"

I spare a glance at Hipshot, and... then just turn to the container. I don't really WANT to let Hipshot go. He's a real villain who's only stopping the fight because he's looking out for his own skin, but... I have to keep my priorities straight. Stardust would make sure the other heroes got out, instead of risking everyone just to make sure Hipshot was brought to justice. Anyway, between Jumping Flash and myself, I'm the only one who can keep the container from getting any worse, so... I've got to trust Jumping Flash will get everyone to safety.

I wave the mist away from the Hipshot and instead send it over to the container. I squeeze my fist, condensing the mist around the container until it's dense enough to sever all the cables leading to and from the container. Then, I try and draw out the energy that was flowing into the container, allowing it to dissipate in the misty shell. I'm... not really sure if I'll be able to do this alone, though.

I wish Red Witch or Stardust were here...

<capfalcon_work> Mnemosyne unleash powers
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 7+2 = 9

Marking Insecure to overcome the container because SOME FAKER stole the last point of team

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Freak:+2/Danger:-1(-2)/Savior:0/Superior:+2/Mundane:0 (+1)
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty |Location: Spark Industries

quote:

Cutebagels time to roll powerful blow
Cutebagels .roll 2d6
Platonibot Cutebagels: 8 (2d6=5, 3)

Well that didn't go well...I got flattened to the ground by the fat side of the sword, sending me into the wall...it did kinda hurt...but I still stand up. There is blood glisting on my face, matting my hair, a trail going down to my chin. I smirk, not because I am cocky, but because...I have an idea. I am not going down without taking this jerk with me, and he would pay for underestimating me. I stumble to my feet and call out "GETTERNYAN!" and jump up, being caught by Getternyan, Who ejected their ambulence module prior to jumping up to catch me. They place me on their belt and I open up its controls. "GETTERNYAN! SHOW THEM WHO THE STRONGEST REALLY IS!" It meows loudly, and its razor like claws protrude out of its paw. It swings its mighty razor bladed paw at Damocles, the strength of the mighty toy robot breaking through the sword. Once it is done, Getterman, readies his Yoyo for another attack.

quote:

Cutebagels Annnd I am going to use Getternyan for kirbycraft use :V
Cutebagels .roll 2d6+2
Platonibot Cutebagels: 6 (2d6+2=2, 2)
stealing teampoint selfishly to make it a seven (Superior +3, Savior -1)
Cutebagels I am breaking their sword Rauri.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Potential:2/5 | Conditions: | Location: With Mnemy

Aw, dammit! I hate to let Hippy go, but I gotta get these heroes free and us outta here! I leap up into the air and rush towards where the three heroes are being held.

Defending these guys!: 12
Gonna take a team to the pool!

I manage to release all three of them and get them to their feet.

"Come on, we gotta get out! Mnemy, come with us when you're done!"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: 1 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location: six feet under (rubble)

Unh... that... could have gone a lot better... A LOT better. Goddamnit.

Well, at least DEUS did their job well with me, I guess. Didn't take a scratch from the building. What now, though? This energy buildup... Don't like it all. Ugh... Let's hope it's something I'm better equipped to deal with.

With a weird noise that's somewhere between a cat dying and a circular saw, my power cuts through the earth below me to get to the lower levels.

Going to go down to take a closer look at THE THING, because obviously Nemesis has not learned her lesson.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Rescue Mission Go

A-a-a dashing knight out of nowhere?! But not even just that, one so wrapped in beautiful fabric, so mysterious, so obviously handsome? One who saved me from what was surely going to be a serious blow, one that would clearly leave me battered and bleeding? And so gallantly holding my hand, and making sure I was alright, even though he was the one who had just saved me from that attack. I practically am swooning in his arms, and I can feel the stinging blush on my face, as I stare into his eyes I just... I can't handle it, it's impossible to hold back the blush when a dashing knight saves you, is it not? It's been something I've dreamed of since a little girl, and he was right there.

And then his words, his worry over my team, over the other heroes, over everything, they wake me up, I realize where we are, what we were doing - I see a giant cat robot beating up the man with the sword, and Nemesis nowhere to be seen. Oh... oh dear, I... I didn't even see what happened, where did she go? Why was my little sister's favorite cartoon robot fighting? How did I notice none of this before - was I so blinded by the dark magic infront of me? As the Lunar Knight suggests a plan of action, I nod, standing properly myself, "Asteroid belt, guardian of planets, protect this robot with forces never before felt!"

16:24 KittyEmpress stardust protecting catrobots etc etc (+gameface)
16:24 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+3
16:24 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 8+3 = 11
Adding Team

My staff shot out a few dozen little floating white orbs, that beelined right for that robot, surrounding and floating around it, moving rapidly, following it, a shield of cratered white light, mimicking the great asteroid belts of space, a true protective barrier, as robot met... sword.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Potential 1/5 | Burn: 3 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure

"NEMESIS!" The mysterious person who just showed up isn't on my mind anymore as the roof falls on her. I quickly launch myself at Damocles, speeding through the air with the help of my magic. I punch forward and create a large red fist, hitting Damocles in the face.

[00:23] <Heliotrope> Directly Engage Damocles
[00:23] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+1
[00:23] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 6+1 = 7

Choosing to resist and avoid his blows

• Locked thread