Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Oh man I finished the main story final ending not too long ago. This game was a really solid surprise - liked it a lot more than that fuckin dogshit game Dragon's Crown, that's for sure.

Funny to see the differences in style showing up already in the thread - I couldn't stand longswords. Way too slow, hard to keep folks off balance, ruined my air game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Heck, I just ended up auto-guarding everything (and consequently breaking all my swords) because I tend to leave the attack button pressed.

One thing I really loved about the control scheme is how intuitive it all is. Forget your guard breaks and air dashes, all you have to do is point at the thing you want to die and Momo will just kinda zip to it.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Sengoku era and previous Samurai were archers first and foremost weren't they? I recall hearing something to the effect of bragging about your swordsmanship was a nasty self-burn because it meant you were such a pitiful archer you needed to close the distance. The whole Samurai-As-Swordsman thing was a post-gunpowder conceit.

I can't cite a source on this - maybe it was the Civilopedia in Shogun: Total War.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Gosh, I love that Jinkuro is actually just a huge softie. I mean aside from the cold-blooded body theft.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

This whole sequence was friggin badass. Jinkuro is the saint of cutting out the middleman

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Bishamon's just a warrior god in Japan - one of the folkloric Seven Lucky Gods

Far as I can tell, Chigurui is just a made-up name

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

jeez, the DLC gets weird. I couldn't stomach it, mostly because I was burned out from basically 4 playthroughs of the main campaign to get the A,B, and C endings for both stories.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

I can confirm that night of pandemonium isn't too bad on Legend - it just takes forever. The lack of scaling generally means enemies juggle easier, interrupt easier, and die quicker. For instance, the master ninjas and vile monks are annoying, but pretty easy to handle if you roll through them and attack.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Highwang posted:

Pfft, I don't know who the generous soul is but thanks for the new avatar and Teledahn for the title!

I guess my original title idea was too highbrow for the internet :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Aburada looks an awful lot like Ishikawa Goemon aka Japanese Robin Hood.

• Locked thread