Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Session 1, Scene 1
It's the first day of May, and it promises to be a scorching next few months - it's already 78 degrees Fahrenheit (25 degrees Celsius), and it'll only get hotter as the year passes into summer. Despite the heat and humidity under these clear blue skies, life must go on. In addition to studies and other normal school activities, there's going to be a festival on the tenth of May, the date of the school's founding - and coincidentally overlapping with the state's 'Confederate Day' holiday.

As that day approaches, the teachers have become even warier of activities that might impugn the honour and traditions of Anderson High, and an ever-larger share of the students have become all the more determined to rebel as a result - the air's already thick with rumours of teachers cracking down on any public displays of affection; or of students vandalizing buildings and monuments. It's going to be an interesting next week and a bit, that's for sure.

As people file into class, you can already hear Zack and Rhea, co-editors of the school 'zine, chatting away on the PA about some events the sports clubs are doing for the upcoming festival, but there's still a bit of time before the teacher shows up to take attendance.

Everyone: What do you think of this upcoming 'festivity'? How has the rising heat affected you or your friends? What do you do immediately when you get to school this morning?

Sierra: What has that bastard who stole your pelt demanded you do? How do you plan to achieve that? Do you have a plan in case you fail in his task?

Rosalin: How do you plan to make Harmony your friend sooner rather than later? There has to be something you can do to win her over, right? What odd request have you received from your mother? Do you plan to follow her whims or not?

Harmony: Who in the school do you plan to have 'fun' with at the next opportunity? How has Mrs. Barnett inconvenienced you lately - more than she usually does?

Jill: What's felt... strange about the school lately? Stranger than usual, that is? How has Hester Lancaster stepped up her bullying of you lately?

Levi: What has your surveillance of the McCrackens uncovered - if it's uncovered anything? What enemies have you made recently at the school?

Johnathon: What have you seen that makes you think getting that grimoire from the Devoraux might be more complicated than you thought? What has Lami said to you this morning that's unusual, even for her?

Holly: Why has it been difficult for you to get Reagants recently? Who in class has just been begging to be hexed, despite it being difficult for you to get a Reagant of theirs?

pre:
[Teacher]                      

[Erica] [Harmony]   [Remy]     [Shaun]   [Lisa]
[Noah]  [Mark]      [Stacey]   [Joseph]  [Sierra]
[Mary]  [Hester]    [Rosalin]  [Carolin] [ Lucy ]
[John]  [Maddy]     [Jill]     [Dean]    [Holly]
Pick a spot for your character, and a spot or two for NPCs! I'll fill in whatever's left over once everyone's grabbed a place!

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Giant List of NPCs/Places:

Adults/Teachers:
Mr. Grifter, School Principal; one of the men who killed Jill Miller as a child.
Miss Yoder - Band teacher, has a secret affair with one of her students
Mr Pratt - Very old, very southern history teacher with a very dark secret.
Mrs Barnett - Moral Guidance Counselor, very strict in enforcing her morals on the school events.
Ms. Verbena - Chemistry teacher, secret witch. Wants to teach Holly.
Tim Miller - Jill's younger brother, now an old janitor

Titania - Rosalin's mother, former Summer Queen.

Students:
Mayu Nakajima - Japanese-American drama student, spends a lot of nights in Lakeview Cemetery
Carolin Westfield - Occult groupie, Rosalin's 'friend'
Erica Sanders - Ex-party animal, but after a brief period of going to a new megachurch with her family, she has become a straight-laced, devoted churchgoer.
Remington 'Remy' Mayfield - Harmony's brother, athletic, smart and charismatic, but somewhat overprotective of Harmony since the incident.
Maddy Wu - Jill's only friend, relentlessly friendly.
Mark Anderson - Smug athlete who mocked Johnathon for his injury.
Lisa Devoraux - Scion of an elite Southern family. Rich and well-bred and proud of it.
Zack and Rhea - Students who do the morning announcements over the intercom... but nobody's ever actually seen Rhea.
Lucy Walters - Tall redhead cheerleader, bully.
Hester Lancaster - Lucy's partner in crime and fellow bully.
Mary Goodwin - Holier-than-thou churchgirl
Todd Smith - Outed as gay.
Dean Standish - Levi's roomate, uses fake medication, is generally Weird.
Noah Reed - Used to have a crush on Holly, was hexed into a car accident, mostly recovered.
Annalisa Rey - Self-confessed pyromaniac, on probation after being caught with a can of petrol in the car park.
Shaun Craven - Very attractive swim team member

Places of Interest:
Ramsey Place - Old plantation compound. Site of a mysterious murder in the 1980s; family moved away or died, large parts are now abandoned and up for sale to the city.
Sherman Memorial Park - A serene park with a statue of General Sherman. Crosses into the Edwards Greenbelt, which is a larger overgrown hiking trail.
Glitter - a teenage club with an exclusive back room for booze, weed, etc.
Southern University - Sister school to Anderson High.
(Abandoned) Soda Shop - now a derelict, abandoned building.
Kudzu Water Park - Cheap and good waterpark in the town, though with rumours of a kid committing suicide by jumping off the highest board.
Strom Thurmond Aquatics Center - public swimming pool, open year round.

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 13:44 on May 8, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Hot: 2, Cold: 1, Volatile: -1, Dark: -1
Location: Classroom | Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

Rosalin sits in her row as usual, reviewing the upcoming subject like a boring, normal person. After all, she still has some catching up to basic human knowledge of her age to do! ... Quite a lot, actually. Regardless, her thoughts were elsewhere. Split between Harmony and her mother's request. To be fair, most of her mind space was occupied trying to make sense of the request. What, exactly, did she mean by 'find the golden squirrel'? Is that an actual, rare type of squirrel out there? Was she supposed to find some sort of item named as such... Or even just find a squirrel and paint it gold? ... This would need further deliberation. And even then, once she found the golden squirrel... what to do with it?

Ugh... This will have to be postponed until after school. Right, so Harmony. How to stop her being so mean? Maybe she's just sad about something. If I give her something, it'll surely make her happy again! Hmm, Maybe movie tickets? She liked going to the movies, right?

So lost in thought, she just barely registers the whole festival thing. Something to look forward to! ... Heat? What heat? I'm a summer Fae, the warmth doesn't bother me.in the slightest! I don't even sweat because of it. Wonder what these poor humans are going through, though. They don't seem fully... functional. Or maybe that's just Caro being Caro? I have to admit, I'm not sure. The cold, on the other hand... that's going to be a pain to deal with! Thankfully, winter is still a while to go.

Claiming Middle row, second row from the back for Rosalin! Carolin Westfield sits to the right of Rosalin.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 8, 2016

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 XP: 0/5 Lami Strings: 1/5
Conditions:

Lets get one thing clear, summer in the south *sucks*, and if I didn't have a compelling reason to be here, I wouldn't. Unfortunately my attempts at finding dirt on Lisa have so far been fruitless. I swear, from what people say, she's the virgin Mary, Ghandi and God's gift to this school all rolled into one. Even her loving sweat smells like roses. No dice so far on finding a way to break her via blackmail. Not by conventional means at least. I'm going to have to ask Lami for help, but she's been oddly quiet since last night. The last thing she said was... odd. She doesn't usually speak in riddles, but this was freaky. I was just brushing my teeth, bantering lightly with her, when she got quiet and still. Not that mind demons have bodies to hold still, but like... a mental stillness. When she spoke it was like a drop of water falling in a still lake. It made me shake a little. "When the moon hangs over the may sky, your blood shall taint the well, and misery shall rise". She hasn't said a word since.

Its... disturbing, so I tried to avoid thinking about it. But now i'm thinking about it, and the blood part sounds loving ominous. I bet she's just screwing with me. That's what demons do, right? Instead, try to focus on my notebook. Its just a doodle, of Rosalin. Nothing special, she's just located at a good angle to draw her, and she has an interesting facial architecture. I wonder what her lineage is exactly. Her cheekbones catch the shadow in interesting angles. I'm momentarily absorbed, drawn in, transfixed by the art.

Lets put John in the far right corner, all the way in the back. His mark, Lisa Devoraux can be on the opposite side of the classroom. Lets add, Stacey Brown in the center she can be the class gossipmonger.

pre:
[Teacher]                      

[     ] [     ] [     ] [     ] [Lisa]
[     ] [     ] [Stacey] [     ] [     ]
[     ] [     ] [Rosalin] [Carolin ] [     ]
[John] [     ] [     ] [     ] [     ]

TheCog fucked around with this message at 09:16 on May 12, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Hot 2 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions:

Ah... Spring. The coming of new life, and end of a long, cold winter. You wouldn't imagine what lengths I've had to go to stay warm... or maybe you can. Maybe you even want to join me in them.

Oh well, that's over now. I take a deep breath, enjoying the fresh air, the warmth of the day. It's going to be a scorcher, and I've prepared accordingly, with a plain white halter top and skimpy jean shorts. I bend over as we approach the school and pluck a dandelion from where its growing between the cracks in the sidewalk. I place it behind my ear, then turn around and present myself to Remy. "It's springtime, Remy! Who ya gonna ask out to the festival? Who ya gonna ask out to the prom?!" I tease.

He groans playfully, then walks past me. "You know, for once," he teases back, "I'd like it if you could show any interest in things that actually matter. Have you even started studying for finals? And have you even thought about colleges yet?"

"My god," I roll my eyes, then push him in the back, "You're fun to be around! Take a look around," I say, widening my arms, gesturing at the large school and its surroundings, "We could have the run of the place if we wanted, you and me, and you just want to study for finals." I say that last bit with pursed out lips and with my best Remy impersonation. He doesn't look amused.

"Welllll," I add, "Could you at least give me the number of that guy you were hanging out with last night? He was cute!"

Remy sputters, "You mean Mr. Davies? The quarterback coach? That guy is in his thirties!"

I shrug innocently. He just fixes me with a judgmental stare. Pfft, whatever. Remy not wanting to have a good time doesn't mean I have to stop, I reason.

We make the rest of the trek in silence, him preferring to check his phone instead of talking to me. Anderson High. Tradition... Honor... booooooring! I wave to some of my friends as we get closer to the milling students waiting for class to begin... and give a few winks to the boys I catch staring. The bell rings, and we head to class, Remy staying conspicuously close to me as we make our way through the halls.

On the way there, we pass by a closet with a piece of paper posted on it: "Off limits to students until further notice! - Mrs. Barnett." I rip it off and dump the sign in the nearest trash can.

When we arrive, the classroom is mostly empty, but no matter. Remy takes his seat at the front of the class, then gestures to his left, and gives me a knowing look. I frown, then begrudgingly take a seat next to him.
pre:
[Teacher]                      

[     ] [Harmony] [Remy   ] [       ] [Lisa ]
[     ] [       ] [Stacey ] [       ] [     ]
[     ] [       ] [Rosalin] [Carolin] [     ]
[John ] [       ] [       ] [       ] [     ]
Out of the corner of my eye, I catch Rosalin looking at me and fidgeting. Seems like she's thinking about getting up and talking to me. I pause, considering. She witnessed... something about me, not sure what. But, she doesn't seem to know really what that was... or care, if the difference matters. Regardless... giving her the cold shoulder since then has clearly done little to dissuade her from wanting to hang out. I sigh, then fix her with a salacious stare. As we lock eyes, I pluck the dandelion from behind my ear and slide it into the middle of my shirt, between my breasts, and give her a wink. The kind of thing we'd laugh at, back when we hung out more.

14:45 Ferg Harmony turn on Rosalin
14:45 Ferg !r 2d6+2
14:45 Krysmbot Ferg, 9+2 = 11
14:46 Ferg off to a good start
Taking a String and marking exp

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 4, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Location: Classroom | Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

My worried expression turns back to normal once I see her wink towards me. I... may also be blushing. A bit. Uhm, maybe a lot. Anyway, I get up from my seat, making extra sure to not hit my chair on the person behind me (if there even is one, I kind of got preoccupied) and move up to chair. Oh! Remy's here, too.

"Hey there, you two! Nice to see you again. How are things?"

Then, I turn to Harmony again. "Glad to see you're back to normal. I was afraid you were blaming me still... I should have done something sooner." I whisper.

Back to including Remy, I pull out a trio of movie tickets that totally were in my pocket before. I so did not just use fae magic to get those. At all. You know, 'out of sight' is such a lax limit for this. Handing one ticket to Remy and one to Harmony with a smile, I continue.

"Was wondering if you're interested? I got a hold of these..."

If you accept, you take the condition 'Yours truly', and if you spurn Rosalin's kindness, you get a string on her.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 8, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: -1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: +1
Experience: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None

The festival sounds interesting, we have, I think, similar things back home, where people gather from all across the ocean bring dishes of exotic fish and strange seaweeds with even stranger spices. Sometimes they even have surface food from shipwrecks, which is always interesting. Then there's usually a lot of dancing and playing with the dolphins and other animals, a rare mass trip to the surface to swim in the starlight. Very romantic and beautiful. Maybe this world will have something else worth seeing, since I'm stuck here anyway.

Stuck here until I can find dirt on Lisa Devoraux anyway. I don't understand why someone would steal my skin, use it to try and blackmail me into doing their work, or want dirt on Lisa? There doesn't seem to be any, for one, she appears to be very nice, respectful, and all that. She even apologized when she bumped into me in the hall the other day, something no one else has ever bothered to do. I reward her with a brief smile for it as I go past to my seat. I'm sitting behind her for now, hoping to overhear something, but the last few days of this have been completely unsuccessful so I don't have high hopes.

I give the empty seat beside me a quick glance, Levi was sitting there yesterday, and I wonder if he will be again. I was trying to come up with ways to get my cloak back without finding info on Lisa, because its looking at this point like I'm not going to, and my best idea so far is to get Levi to take it, he's strong enough that he could do it, and he seems honest, I'm sure he'd give it to me if he got it back. For now though, I let out a sigh and rest my head on my desk, staring blankly at the empty seat. Its hot enough already that I'm already a little sweaty, though neither the heat or humidity bother me, being sweaty is nice! It's a little like being underwater.

My mind wanders.

Underwater... Perhaps, that would be how? A quick look shows that Lisa is sweating as well, the slight gleam of the sun on her skin gives it away, so I look at that instead, eyes half closed. The water could be an ocean, and it'd be her ocean, made from her own body. It'll speak to me, tell me her secrets. Or show them to me, anyway.

<godfish> gaze into the abyss of Lisa's sweat (+1 for pelt quest)
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9+2 = 11
Visions are lucid and detailed and show me what to do, granting +1 forward
What's some dirt on her I can get that'll satisfy Johnathan, or how can I get some?

pre:
[Teacher]                      

[Zach ] [       ] [Stacey ] [       ] [Sierra]
[     ] [       ] [Rosalin] [Carolin] [     ]
[John ] [       ] [       ] [       ] [     ]
Zach the visible half of the Zach and Rhea combo, sits near the front, as a student who wants to look like they're paying attention but also has better things to do, ie, talk to friends, text.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Yours Truly
Has Fed Upon:

Sure enough, Rosalin gets up and heads my way. I quickly return the flower to behind my ear before the teacher notices, no need to draw any attention.

Rosalin greets me and Remy, and offers me... Wait, is she blaming herself for that night? I suddenly feel a sharp pang of guilt, a wave of remorse for icing her out... she is, after all, the reason Remy found me that night. Who knows what would have happened... what I would have become...

I want to reach out to Rosalin, hold her, apologize, hear her forgive me, and maybe even... kiss and touch and... bite? I shake my head, no, that's not right. I don't want to hurt her. For a second, I stop to think about what kind of monster wants to suck the blood out of their dearest friends.

I shake my head to clear that thought away, too scared to even attempt to address it. All I can do is offer up a lame "Thanks... don't worry about it."

Rosie doesn't seem to notice my hesitancy, and moves right pay it. And now she's even offering movie tickets to us! I move quickly, snatching both mine and Remy's. "There, there, big brother," I say as I examine the tickets, "You've got to study!"

I turn to Rosalin. "Thanks, Rosie," I offer, "but let's make this a girl's night out. Let's see," I add as I glance around the room, "Who should we make our third?"

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 4, 2016

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."

Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | XP: 0/5 | Conditions:

The shine sort of wears off this festival once you've attended it upwards of sixty times. Somehow, I'm actually excited, though. I'll get to go to it properly again; with a body. One that people can see! And touch. Just, uh, normal touches, not anything untoward! I don't expect anyone to be doing that kind of touching with me! That's not what I meant at all! But it's nice, sometimes, just to be jostled in the hall. It's just nice to be part of things again. It's even nice to be able to feel the sun again! Or, it was, for about an hour. Now it's getting to be a bit much, when it's sticking my shirt to my back and making me all miserable and lethargic. It makes me want to just put my head down on my desk, and try to sleep...

I sit up and shriek a little when I feel something icy cold against the back of my neck. It takes a long moment of flailing before I recognise Maddy grinning at me with one corner of her mouth -- the other is fastened around the straw of the ice coffee she's slurping away at. Likely the cause of the freezing cold hand she just startled me with.

"What was that for?" I ask, voice coming out a little whiney.

"Just helping you to wake up," she says, cheerfully.

When Maddy does that sort of thing, it doesn't feel mean. Or at least... not too mean. She's not trying to upset me, or make me feel like a dork. Not like Hester. Hester acts nice, but only in a mean way. She's trying to make me feel bad. She keeps drawing attention to me; like she's trying to include me in conversations or something like that, when really she just knows I don't know how to handle too much attention.

I sit in the back row, beside Maddy, and behind Rosalin. Which is good; I don't know how well I'd handle sitting next to her; there's something about trying to actually talk to Rosalin that makes me feel tongue-tied and stupid. I'm not sure what it is, exactly so it's much easier just to just watch, without her knowing about it. I... might have followed her home, a couple times this week. Just as far as her street! I haven't done anything weird since that one time a month ago. It gets me out of the school, at least. This place has felt strangely claustrophobic lately. Like the air is full of something I can feel at the back of my mind, that sets me subtly on edge. I can't be the only one; I've seen a lot of different people around the school who just seem strangely... irritable lately.

Whatever it is, I hope it blows over soon. I have to live here, after all.

pre:
[Teacher]                      

[     ] [       ] [Stacey ] [       ] [Sierra]
[     ] [Hester ] [Rosalin] [Carolin] [     ]
[John ] [Maddy]   [Jill]    [       ] [     ]

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 10, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: -1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +2
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions:

All I can think as I walk into the classroom is that whoever came up with the phrase "better late than never," they never thought to apply it to showing up for class. Slouching into my chair only after ritually unslinging my bag and my purse and draping them over the back, I'd try and go to sleep if there was any chance of that working... but of course there isn't, so I just lean back in my desk, fold my arms, and stare off into space. I am so done with today already, and it isn't even eight AM yet.

For starters, we're clearly hitting the point of the year when it'll just be hot all the time. At least the school has AC - mostly - but I'm still wearing the shortest shorts I can get away with per the dress code, along with a Pixies t-shirt because it was the top one in my drawer when I was reaching around for one fifty minutes ago plus I like the band. Even if it's not quite eighty today, it's only going to get worse.

Then we've got my parents harassing me to get a job over the summer, a process that they've apparently decided needs to start now and not when we get out for the summer break, which this morning meant yet another lecture about work ethic and how they both had jobs at my age. The whole thing is bullshit, by the way - they're constantly hassling me about it all of a sudden, and it's seriously dampening my research into the Arcane. Like... even when I'm not filling out pointless apps to places that'll never hire me - like the Waterpark - I'm in too foul of a mood to really, properly focus on my studies. It's infuriating, and if I didn't know better, I'd hex them for it. I won't, but I do like thinking about it sometimes.

Next we've got this dumb festival I don't care about. I mean, I'm going to go 'cuz it might be fun, but it wouldn't bother me if they cancelled it, you know what I mean? This didn't specifically do anything to irritate me today - guess the banners were annoying as I walked past the gym this morning - but I did think of it, it's annoying, and it's occupying a space in my litany of justified complaintments about this painfully mundane existence.

Another of those is Stacey Brown, whose love of gossip recently turned tragic for her when she decided to tell people that I have a crush on Noah, and that I'm jealous he's with someone else. See, she's getting hexed for it - when I get the chance. Lazily looking over at her (in the very center of class, which sucks for trying to steal from her) and yup, she's surrounded by people. I'm going to need to find an alternate means of acquiring a token from her...

In the back of the class, surrounded by painfully average kids, I close my eyes in order to open my third, mystic one. Concentrating on the invisible threads that connect Stacy to me, her to things she loves, fears, treasures and hates, those things to a billion others... it's hard to navigate the overload of wonder, even for me, but if I can manage it - and I can - I should have at least a few clues on where to start looking for something of hers to use against her.

<Rauri> Gaze
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+2 = 9
Scary + confusing, please. Marking XP.

pre:
[Teacher]                      

[     ] [Harmony] [Remy   ] [       ] [Lisa  ]
[Noah ] [       ] [Stacey ] [       ] [Sierra]
[     ] [Hester ] [Rosalin] [Carolin] [      ]
[John ] [Maddy  ] [Jill   ] [       ] [Holly ]

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark 0
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None

Ugh, the heat. Asheville had nothing on the way this state can get when it's near-summer, and the humidity in particular has me feeling like I itch inside my skin. It's only going to be worse if I have to change in this weather; night may be cooler, but it's not going to be any less muggy. Then again, I doubt I'll notice... the change has a way of washing away little irritations like that. For now, though, I'm trying to get away with keeping my button-down shirt as unbuttoned as possible, exposing a little skin thanks to my V-neck undershirt and making the layers a touch less sweltering. I've read the dress code carefully, and this doesn't technically violate it.

The festival's going to be a problem, though. I'll probably be expected to keep up surveillance on someone or another during the drat thing... all this, and the McCrackens still haven't yielded much I can even pacify the Lechances with. The one thing out of the ordinary I've seen is that they put out a lot of garbage, and it has an odd smell... sometimes sharp and sour, sometimes alkaline. Drugs? Some other amateur chemistry project? I'm not pawing through the bags to figure it out. Despite all appearances, I'm nobody's dog. I'm just going to remember the smells as best I can and try and figure them out -- that's potentially valuable information that doesn't involve murdering anyone. Who knows how long it'll pacify my uncles, but -- honestly, this time of year, with looming Confederate holidays? Sometimes I think I wouldn't be too upset to be re-disowned, go home, go back to the life I lived before all this happened. It was simpler then, even if the change means nothing is likely to be simple again.

And... of course I'm late. Dean locked the door sometime before I left for my run and before I came back to the room, and it took twenty minutes of banging on the door before he'd open it up and let me get ready for class. Headphones again... maybe the end of this year will mean a better roommate next one. (He's even beaten me to class, like he's trying to rub it in. At least he's in the back, fiddling with something -- his phone?) I slink in as unobtrusively as I can manage and, blessedly, find my seat still open. It's the best seat in Homeroom, if you ask me. Stacey Brown to my left, a decent information source even for someone as unsubtle as I am; in front of me, our shockingly attractive swim team's most striking looker, Shaun Craven, who's all curly blond hair and long sleek muscles; and to my right, Sierra Seastar, who's hardly any less charming, if in a way I can't quite pinpoint as easily as Shaun's swimmer's body. She's looking at my seat; was she waiting for me? As I slide in, I offer her a little smile, even as I half-mindfully unbutton my shirt another stop to compensate for the homeroom swelter.

"Good morning. Waiting for me?"

It's smoother in my head than it comes off. I'm still a bit messy and rushed-looking -- being rushed does tend to show, doesn't it? -- and she's lost in thought about something or other. Maybe she hasn't even noticed me...

Turn On Sierra: 2d6+1 3
Marking XP for Hot.

pre:
[Teacher]                      

[     ] [Harmony] [Remy] [Shaun] [Lisa]
[Noah] [       ] [Stacey] [Levi] [Sierra]
[     ] [Hester] [Rosalin] [Carolin] [      ]
[John] [Maddy] [Jill] [Dean] [Holly]

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 06:39 on May 8, 2016

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Scene 1

pre:
[Teacher]                      

[Erica] [Harmony]   [Remy]     [Shaun]   [Lisa]
[Noah]  [Mark]      [Stacey]   [Levi]    [Sierra]
[Mary]  [Hester]    [Rosalin]  [Carolin] [ Lucy ]
[John]  [Maddy]     [Jill]     [Dean]    [Holly]
Harmony and Rosalin: "Hello, Rosalin, that's very kind of you-" Remy starts to say before Harmony cuts him off. His charming smile turns to a pout, and a grumbled "You should study too, Harmony..." Rosalin, what do you think of Remy? Everyone seems to act like he's the prince charming of this school, do you agree? Who do you see in class that you'd like to invite on this girl's night out? They're your tickets, after all. Why do you think they'd be interested? Harmony, are you going to let your dear brother undermine you in front of a potential... whatever Rosalin is to you? How do you assert yourself here? For that matter, how thirsty are you right now? Do you think you can last until the end of the day before feeding? Do you want to last that long?

Sierra: That sweat isn't just from the heat, it's from exertion - this early in the day? You get a glimpse of what might have caused it... You see the inside of the school's Chapel, but from a height, like someone's climbed up to the rafters. That is in fact exactly what they've done, scaled the wall to get up here. Why? Because they've hidden something up here. It looks like a small wooden box, just hidden away up here... Your vision is cut short as Levi speaks to you, leers at you. What do you do?

Holly: A midnight jaunt with friends and a bit too much to drink; walking barefoot along a dirt path; a piercing wail cuts through the warm night air and the buzzed conversation alike, sharp as a razor; running, screaming, dropped a notebook; turned back for it, see burning eyes in the underbrush; don't stop running until the dorm door is slammed shut behind her. ...ow. For a moment, you feel drunk. How much does that suck? Do you think that vision was just a drunk girl's imagination gone wild, or something real?

Johnathon: What do you think about Rosalin, aside from the art? She's getting all buddy-buddy with Harmony, do you consider her a threat? You should cause some mischief, Lami whispers in your ear. Don't they deserve that much, at least? What do you think?

Jill: "There you go again, you're daydreaming," Maddy chips in with a small giggle as she sets her iced coffee down. "Penny for your thoughts?" While she says that, you glance over and see Holly deep in concentration. What do you make of that? Does Holly intimidate you with her serious demeanour, or does she just look like she needs a friend?

Levi: "Ohmigod did you really just say that?" cackles a voice from behind you - Lucy Walters, self-proclaimed Queen Bitch of Anderson High. The cheerleader has the looks and acidic personality for both. "Real smooth, Louie, nice Cajun charm," she adds in a mocking, over the top Louisianian accent. Are you going to take that lying down?

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 8, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Location: Classroom | Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions:

"How about Jill? She looks like the kind of person that's always left out. Maybe we should take her along? She could be fun to hang out with, and we'd never know if we don't!"

You know, with Harmony being so... attention-grabbing, I keep forgetting how good Remy actually looks. As Harmony looks through the room I give him a sincere, knowing, warm smile. Harmony really seems a lot more interested in having fun than studying. I can't blame her, though.! Studying IS boring. But, I'm so glad to have reconciled with Harmony, so I can't really help you there. I promise I'll make it up to you, though!

Turn on Remy: 2d6+2 10 Marking Exp and taking a String on Remy.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 8, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Yours Truly, Butt
Has Fed Upon:

Rosalin mentions Jill, and I turn towards the unassuming girl. Jill… hmmm… don't know much about her. Something always feels a little off about her. Like she doesn't belong here, always lost in thought. And her eyes always look so sad. I shrug… What’s the harm in taking on a charity case? Plus, underneath that mess of hair, she does have a pretty face…

I fight the urge to lick my lips. It has been a while since I last… ate. Not long enough that I'm starving and need to take some table scraps, but Jill might be the perfect one to sate my thirst. I've been mostly feeding off the party boys and girls at Southern… but a younger meal sounds good right about now.

My eyes on Jill, I almost don't notice Rosalin’s eyes on my brother. No, none of that. I grab her by the hand and pull her away, towards Jill. Not forcefully, but not gently either.

Approaching Jill, she's talking to Maddy. I purposely step between the two, giving Maddy a perfect view of my perfect backside. I run a finger along Jill’s desk as I talk to her. “Hi Jill!” I say with a blinding smile, “Wanna come to the movies with us tonight? Rosie here already got the tickets! Oh, please say yes! We really want to get to know you better!”

Harmony turn on Jill
2d6+2 = 10
String me!

Harmony shut down Maddy
2d6+1 = 7
Giving Maddy the Ignored condition
Maddy gives Harmony the Butt condition
Making Exp

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 8, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Eep! I didn't expect her to be so... sudden in pulling me along. Oh well. Moving around Maddy (And Harmonies rather... well-formed butt), I lean in to the side towards Jill, giving her a nice smile before speaking up. "Yeah, we'd love to have you along! Pretty please?"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 8, 2016

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark 0
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None

I've never been to Louisiana in my life -- Alabama Lechances, remember? Her attention is irritating, yes, but I'd rather not hit a woman if I don't have to, especially in Homeroom. Instead, I decide to try a charm offensive, because why not double down on it? I'm a mess, but sometimes, I can be a very good-looking mess. "Oh, Lucy, don't be so jealous," I say with a roguish grin. "There's more than enough to go around, and besides, jealousy doesn't suit you." I smoothe back a stray lock of hair, which stays in place for perhaps three seconds before falling back into its prior position on my forehead.

I don't want Lucy, of course. Frankly, I don't want anything to do with Lucy. But if I can take her breath away just for a moment, metaphorically slap the taste out of her self-satisfied mouth... oh, that'd be nice.

Turn On Lucy: 2d6+1 12
ahahahahaha amazing
I will take my string!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Experience: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None

Ah ha, yes! I knew the ocean wouldn’t let me down. Whatever she has up there is bound to be good enough for Johnathan, if she needs to hide it somewhere that out of the way it’d be a huge secret! Getting up there might be a bit of a problem, I’m not practiced at climbing, but I do have a rather athletic body… I can do it. Yes.

I smile as the vision fades, until I realize I’m smiling at at Levi. Which isn’t to say I wouldn’t smile at Levi, but not when he’s looking at me like that! Appreciation is all well and good, but I’m not the kind of princess who can be swayed, or even interested by a leer! I’m beautiful and elegant, not the kind of shallow Merling-maid who’d go drifting away by someone expressing a crude interest.

My smile fades away naturally, and I turn to someone else, as if I wasn’t aware of his comment or his look, if he wants to talk he can approach me properly. My options for other people to pay attention to are a bit limited though, approaching Lisa would be foolish, and Lucy is talking to Levi now, so talking to her wouldn’t work as far as ‘accidentally’ ignoring him goes. Ah, Shaun!

<godfish> shut down Levi
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 3+2 = 5
<godfish> heh
exp for cold anyway

I like him, he’s on the swim team like me, and he might be the closest thing to a Merrow I’ve seen in a human, his body was practically built for swimming, like mine! “Hey Shaun,” I lean across my desk towards him, smiling cheerfully. “Didn’t get a chance to say, great job at the meet last friday, you” what was that phrase? “destroyed them in the medley. Do you think we’ll be able to the championships if we keep this up?” I’m not totally sure on the significance of the last bit, but that was what I heard other people on the team mentioning in the locker rooms after the race.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 12, 2016

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Harm 0/4 | XP: 1/5 | Conditions:

Holly is strange. And stuck up. And, apparently, a thief. I probably should have said something to Maddy about that part, but I didn't want to make a fuss and wasn't sure how to say it, and if I mentioned it now, she'd be mad at how long it took me to do it. It's not as though Holly took anything really valuable, after all, and I bet she'll think twice now that she knows I'm onto her. Maybe. Hopefully. Anyway, if Holly wants a friend, she has a very funny way of going about it.

I smile self consciously at Maddy, trying to be casual. "Oh, well," I start, talking slowly. Obviously, I don't want to tell her about how sometimes I follow Rosalind home from school, or the time I actually climbed through her bedroom window. That would seem very strange; she'd probably look at me the way she did months ago, when I called her 'a Chinese.' Apparently we don't say it that way anymore? I try to be careful about that sort of thing, but there's just so much to trip up on. Trying to banish that particular memory from my head, I continue: "I was just thinking about... Hester again." I say the last part of the sentence a quiet tone, as if mentioning Hester's name might draw her attention. To be fair, it often does. "You know how it is; she's just making me--"

Oh no. What's happening? Why are they suddenly over here, talking to me? Why is Harmony smiling like that, and doing that thing with her finger along my desk, and why does that make me--

Gosh! Am... am I supposed to feel that way, about another gal? Things are awful different these days, but it still makes me... what if it makes people think--

"Oh, uh..." I try to say something, but it's like my mind has drawn a blank. I can feel my face heating up. Why is it doing that? Stop it! "... sure?" I say, staring between the two of them like a nimrod. Even while I'm feeling very confused and... blushy about the way Harmony's looking at me, Rosalin smiling is somehow the thing that's making my stomach fill with butterflies. She said she'd love to have me along! "S-sure!" I say again, a little too loud, a small, timid smile creeping onto my face, directed more at Rosalin than at Harmony. It's... kind of hard to look directly at Harmony without blushing harder, right now. "I'd... I'd love to come!"

(8:50:03 PM) Gazetteer: Inadvertently Turn On Rosalin by smiling at her in a way that's cute-shy and not awkward-dorky-shy:
(8:50:05 PM) Krysmbot: Gazetteer, 7-1 = 6
(8:50:13 PM) Gazetteer: I have a string.
(8:50:19 PM) Gazetteer: So that'll work out.
(8:51:07 PM) Gazetteer: Horrible love triangle movie date established

(Spending a string to make the 6 a 7, marking experience for rolling Hot.)

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Has Fed Upon:

The impact on Jill is immediate. Her face turns a bright red, and she gazes anywhere but directly at me. She gives a cute smile at Rosalin, then agrees to come. My smile widens. Dinner is served...

Now, it's time to seal the deal. I reach out and put a finger under Jill's chin, lifting it and directing her head until she has nowhere to look but directly at me. I lift one eyebrow as I give the timid girl a compassionate look. "But do try to dress up a bit more," I say as I look the girl up and down. With my other hand, I slip a ticket into her hand, then give it a squeeze, "This'll be fun! Maybe we can even get drinks after," I add with a wink.

Harmony turn on Jill
2d6+2 = 11
No mechanical effect

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions:

Opening my eyes as my spell fades to a spinning, dizzy world, I'm trying to not look too drunk - I feel drunk - while also contemplating just what the hell chased Stacey around. I mean, obviously enough it was weird and menacing, but that's pretty much what I've got so far. As for whether or not it's true... yes. It feels like a yes. Don't ask me how I know, but I do. Maybe it's drunk courage? Maybe I'm just still tired? Or maybe it's the tantalizing promise of both a mystery, and an abandoned notebook of hers just sitting around out there, waiting for me to find it, read it, then use it as a sympathetic link to Stacey...

At least the drunkeness is fading, because the irritating noise around me isn't. If everyone else in the class was smart, they'd all shut up and lay their heads down - we could be catching up on sleep now, which I bet you at least half the kids here need at least as much as I do. But noooo, instead everyone has to act like sad, shortsighted, hormonal, idiots. Rosalin, Harmony, Maddy, and Jill are all gabbing it up like... right next to me. Loud enough to make it possible for me to sleep, but definitely not including me in their loving conversation. Typical teenage bullshit.

Still, I can master magic grimoires that'd drive everyone (but Mrs. Verbena) insane - I can handle some mundane classmates. Harmony seems to be making a big show out of shaking her butt around, so that's exactly where I poke her. It's... a nice butt, I guess, but it's also totally ancillary to what I'm actually after, which is her attention.

The second she turns around, I speak up. "Heya," I begin, still doing my best to imitate having been woken up, which isn't exactly super hard. "What are you all talking about?" I look just a little sleepy and disheveled, plus I've got a carefully crafted reputation for sarcasm and indifference going for me. Kinda figuring she'll be confused enough by my suddenly engaging her to actually answer me honestly.

<Rauri> Turn on Harmony
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+1 = 7
String / Promise / Self?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 10, 2016

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Harm 0/4 XP: 0/5 Lami Strings: 1/5
Conditions:

Honestly, while Rosalin is attractive, she's really *not* my type, Harmony is much more my kind. A natural predator. The kind who hunts freely. She's very much my type. I *was* going to politely ignore them, you know, focus on the task at hand, buuuut I already have a minion on that, and Lami is egging me on. When she stirs, its best to listen to her. Good things usually result. She wants mischief? I can make that happen. Probably. Looks like Harmony is hitting on Jill, I wonder how she'd react if I... interfered. This could go one of two ways, either I get invited to whatever they're planning, or wonderful chaos ensures. If I get to go to their thing, then I can surely stir up trouble there, right? Not like I don't know the wrong crowds to go mingle with. Maybe some recreational drugs. Someone gets hurt, or I get some juicy blackmail material... Its already sounding good. Before I do that though, a quick text to Sierra

quote:

"Need progress update soon. See me after class."

That should do it. Don't want to leave an electronic record beyond the necessary.

That done, i stroll over to the pair casually, from behind, quietly, so I can eavesdrop. Sounds like a... date? Whatever, no harm in mingling, innocently right? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

"Hey," I open, in that low drawl that has always made girls swoon, "You ladies planning something fun?" I wink at Harmony, letting her know that I know what she's doing. "Any way I could get in on the action?" I lean forward, making eye contact, a charming little smile playing on my lips.

Turn on Harmony

2d6+0 = 11

I'll take a string

TheCog fucked around with this message at 09:17 on May 12, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Has Fed Upon:

A sudden intrusion disrupts my toying with Jill. It's Johnathan... dark, tall, handsome Johnathan. He's usually a lot more brooding, more the kind to stand against the wall and observe, rather than get involved. Honestly, there's something about him that scares me a little bit, like he can see my games and use them against me. Trying to get him alone would be far more energy than it's worth.

He starts with that booming voice of his, and it sends electricity up my spine. Something about him today... he suddenly looks a lot more appetizing. He asks to come along with us. I bat my eyes at him in response, laying on a drawl of my own for fun, "Now, Johnny, if you were listening in, you'd know this was a girls only affair," I state with a little wag of my finger, "No. Boys. Allowed."

"Of course," I continue, "This is a free country. Nobody can stop you from buying tickets and showing up." I place my hand upon his muscle-y chest, then lift up my palm and press my finger into it. "Just make sure you don't sit in front of me," I say, then bite my lower lip playfully.

Harmony turn on John
2d6+2 = 9
String/promise/give self?

My lip bite is interrupted, this time by a poke to my rear. So much attention! I whip around, only to find Holly now, a sleepy Holly, gazing up at me inquisitively. Her messy hair frames her face quite beautifully, and I pause again. Holly's always been a bit of an enigma, a sarcastic but haughty girl more inclined to give you the evil eye than ever say something mean to your face. Still, she's never gotten on my bad side, so the snark is usually quite enjoyable.

"Oh my! Sorry to wake you up, dearie," I say with a frown, "But we girls were just talking about hitting up the theater tonight. And maybe a trip to Glitter after?"

I turn a bit and lean my side against Holly's desk, then sit down on it and slide until I'm fully perched, looking down at Holly with my tight shorts nearly touching her nose. I reach down and lift her head, then brush her hair a bit with my fingers. "Would you like to come?" I ask with a knowing smile, "I promise that it'd make for a good time!"

Harmony turn on Holly
2d6+2 = 11
String!

I stop brushing her hair for a second, realizing. "Oh, but we're out of tickets!" I turn quickly back to Rosalin, she's always had a way of making things work out. "Rosie, dear, you wouldn't happen to have any more tickets lying around now would you?" I ask with pleading eyes, "It would be just so peachy with all of us girls having a night out on the town... getting into all sorts of trouble..."

Harmony turn on Rosalin
2d6+2 = 6
Spending a string to boost that to a 7
Promise/give self/no mechanical effect

Also, totally purposely not even looking at or acknowledging Maddy.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 10:18 on May 10, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Oh dear. I didn't quite plan for this! Neither did I intend to bring this many. Also not so sure about the trouble part! What do I even do? I can't just magic up MORE tickets, right now. That'd be super suspicious. Hmm, maybe I can delay it until later? Oh man those eyes she looks like a puppy and...

Fine. Harmony is worth it.

"Uhm, y-yeah, sure. Uh, no. Not right here. But I'm sure I can get more before movie night. How many, exactly?"

Oh, I've never seen Jill smile like that! That's... actually awfully cute! I want to see her smile more.

Promise you something you want. to Harmony, and give Jill a String

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 11, 2016

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Session 1 Scene 1

Sierra: You look away... but can't stop yourself glancing back as Levi turns his attention to Lucy with blush-creating results. Shaun notices that, too, and his initial friendly smile likewise fades. "...yeah, I guess," he says neutrally. How do you get him to lighten up after your conversation-starter backfired? ...what's with all the hubbub at the back of the class? Are you interested in that, or do you take the opportunity to do what you want with people who aren't involved back there?

Levi: Lucy blushes, mouth hanging open for a few seconds before she remembers to close it, and she falls completely silent. Mission accomplished! What do you do with this victory? ...what's with all the hubbub at the back of the class? Are you interested in that, or do you take the opportunity to do what you want with people who aren't involved back there?

Everyone Else: "Uh... sorry to cut in," says Maddy, moving out of her seat so she can get past Harmony's omnipresent butt and into the ever-growing group conversation. "But Jill, don't you remember, we have that thing we need to do...?" She gives Jill an odd look, and honestly, Jill, you don't remember any 'thing'. What do you think she's getting at? Harmony, are you going to let this busy-body try to whisk Jill away from your girl's night out? Holly, are you interested in this girl's night out, or is it really not your thing? What do you think about Harmony and Rosalin seemingly accepting for you? Rosalin, do you worry that Johnathan might be offended if he's excluded from this? What's more important, making as many friends as possible, or focusing on keeping Harmony happy? Johnathan, what kind of 'mischief' do you think you could create with this opportunity for a night out? Are you going to insist on getting a free ticket too, or avoid the confrontation?

Going to have teacher arrive the prompt after next - or next prompt if everyone seems settled enough for it.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Location: Classroom | Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

"Uh... no. It's supposed to be a girl's night. How did you catch everything but that part? Or is that the reason why? ... Nevermind."

Harmony was pretty clear about that! And this is to celebrate our reconciliation. If she wants it to be girls only, that's fine! The others will have plenty chances at a later date.

Shutting down Johnathan: 2d6+1 13 (Holy poo poo Orokos hates Johnathan apparently). Since you have no strings on me, I'll take one on you.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Has Fed Upon:

Oh no she didn't. Maddy's sudden burst into the conversation is not only unwelcome, it's downright disrespectful. If there's anything I don't tolerate anymore, it's being treated as an equal to filth such as her. I get up from the table and turn to face the girl, advancing as I speak to her. "Maddy, we're talking to Jill right now, it's rude to interrupt. Oh dear... and you don't look so well... are you feeling a bit ill? I can ask the teacher when they get here if you can go home early..." And stay there.

13:01 Fergle Harmony manipulate Maddy
13:01 Fergle !r 2d6+2
13:01 Krysmbot Fergle, 6+2 = 8
13:02 Fergle Waffleman: how can I get Maddy to take the rest of the day off from school
13:02 Fergle i.e. go home sick
13:03 Nown huh. Hm! That would take something very serious, like she’d need to be convinced it was the best choice available to her xD
Going to not do it.

Harmony twists her head, "Or not. Your funeral."

I notice Sierra watching from nearby. She's a cute little thing, a bit odd at times, but nice enough. Plus she's got that great tan and lean body of a swimmer. Smells like salt, though... ugh. I give her a wink and a wave. Maybe she wants to come too?

13:09 Fergle Harmony turn on Sierra
13:09 Fergle !r 2d6+2
13:09 Krysmbot Fergle, 6+2 = 8
String/promise/give self

Finally, I turn to answer Rosalin's question. "Maybe two more," I say with a nod.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Experience: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None

Ah, did he think I was trying to make Levi jealous or something? I sort of was... but not in that way. The pair of us sit in awkward silence for a moment while I try to figure out how to approach this. Social faux pas aren't something I usually have to deal with as a princess. Ugh. Need to talk about something else, but that was my only topic I had in mind. Ah, I know! "Hey, check that out," I gesture over my shoulder at the the bunch of people who have congregated around Jill the drowned girl's desk, and are... I can't tell what, being really loud? It looks like a few of them are arguing?

I glance back at them again, just in time to see Harmony give me a wink and a wave. I smile back, slightly uncertainly, then look back at Shaun a bit confused. "Any idea what's going on there?" Changing the topic to gossip will hopefully cover that awkward moment, right?

Harmony gets a string

GodFish fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 12, 2016

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Harm 0/4 XP: 2/5 Lami Strings: 2/5
Conditions:

"I'll be there" I wink back at Harmony, "I'll even bring something special for after, if you ladies are interested."

Promising something I think she wants, Johnathan to come anyway.

Going shouldn't be a problem there's no way the movies will be sold out, and its not like I don't have the cash. I'd bully Rosalin into it, but there's the matter of her having lent me the ivory quill, no questions asked. Debts owed and all that. No matter what Lani wants, I'm not going to violate my sense of honor. The real question is if I can get either drugs or a lot of booze before then. It shouldn't be *that* hard. It's what infernal contacts are for. I figure I can pay Lami back later. So I ask her. "Hey, any chance you could help me score something for the... post movie shenanigans? I'll make it really interesting." I'm hoping for something better than weed. LSD maybe. People who are hosed up make stupid decisions. I bet I can get them into some real trouble. I haven't figured out what in particular yet, but if we don't at least set something on fire before the night is over I'll count the night a failure. Plus, I wouldn't mind a chance to get closer to Harmony.

Giving Lami a string if she can get me some drugs or equivalent for after the movie. Nothing can go wrong here!

Then Rosalin butts in. gently caress her. Really? I'm regretting, not pushing her around. I snarl at her

2d6-1 = 2
Fantastic
Marking experience

Then I fumble over my words. "Uh... uhmm" poo poo. My brain just sort of shuts down. Lovely. I bet that made a *wonderful* impression on all gathered. Great job. Don't beck an insult to your family they said. Am I blushing? I can feel my ears turn red, and Lami is *laughing*. Laughing! At me! ARGH! Ok. Out of here. Cut your losses. Exit gracefully. Get out of there. That's the ticket. Don't argue with girls... they fight dirty. Is that how it goes? I don't even look up at them as I "gracefully" flee. I don't want to see the amusement in their eyes.

2d6+1 = 9
I choose, make a scene
Marking experience

I stomp off, knocking over a chair in the process. It's *loud* and anyone who *hadn't* noticed me blushing before, clearly has by now. Fantastic. I'm going to have to beat the poo poo out of someone just to restore my reputation. Goddamn it Johnathan, you really need to work on handling being insulted. Lami is just about having a paroxysm with how amused she is at the whole thing. At least *she's* having a good time.

This is not how I envisioned this whole encounter going.

TheCog fucked around with this message at 09:18 on May 12, 2016

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Harm 0/4 | XP: 2/5 | Conditions:

All of a sudden, the good feelings I had about all of this go away. I thought that they really wanted to go to with me... but it looks like Rosalin's just letting anyone who Harmony asks come along. She's too busy with the other girls who are supposed to come along to keep talking to me. So it's like always. Forgotten. Ignored. And why is Harmony being so mean to Maddy? Maddy didn't do anything to her! Harmony didn't act like that when any of the others talked to her! Her funeral? What was that supposed to mean? Is she trying to threaten my friend?

And suddenly, I know what this is. I know what this is about. Just bring me here, telling me one thing, and then just... leave me to flounder. That's where this is going to lead. Come to the movies, she's saying. We'll have fun. When really, she just wants me there so she can laugh at me while I drown for her amusement. I feel a terribly familiar, churning, icy weight settle over my heart.

(12:26:09 AM) Gazetteer: Project Unresolved Trauma onto this scene:
(12:26:10 AM) Gazetteer: !r 2d6+2
(12:26:11 AM) Krysmbot: Gazetteer, 3+2 = 5
(12:26:14 AM) Gazetteer: WOW
(12:26:29 AM) Gazetteer: That's not... literally the worst roll I could have gotten

"Oh, yeah, Maddy," I say, weakly. "You're right. That, uh... thing." She's probably just trying to save me; she knows it'll go badly for me. "I might have to go to that."

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Has Fed Upon:

A couple of things happen at once, one of them the stunning Johnathan walking into a chair as he storms off somewhere to brood. Ah, there's the Johnny we all know and love.

But primarily concerning is Jill back pedaling on coming along. Maddy's Influence on Jill is clear. That's... unfortunate. Still, I wouldn't be here if I gave up that easily. And... there's a small part of me that feels bad for Jill, always in the back, clearly never paid much attention to. She's almost like my opposite. If I can show her a good time, introduce her to some new people, bring her out of her shell, that's a good thing, right? And who would even care at that point if I drink a little? I'm doing her a favor, right? She's not going to get out of this so easily.

I reach out and take Jill's hand. "Oh, honey, you wouldn't be going back on your word so quickly now. I know the group just got a lot bigger, but I don't want to be mean and deny anybody from coming. Even Maddy can come along if she wants," I say as I reluctantly place my hand upon Maddy's shoulder, "How about this? Why don't you come over to my house after school, and we can get ready together! I have some outfits that will make you look just ravishing, dear. Honest, I really want to get to know you better. It'll be fun!"

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 12, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"Hmm... sure," I respond to Harmony's offer after a few seconds of internal debate. To be honest the movie sounded boring, but - and its a big but, and I'm not talking about Harmony's on my desk - it also sounded like the perfect opportunity to gather a few reagents, and maybe one of the other girls going would be fun.

For a bit I'm content to just observe the drama unfolding like wildfire throughout the back of the class with a wry smile on my face, doing my best to not laugh openly at anyone and sort of managing it. It's just... loving hell, it's unbelievable to me how stupid those who haven't Awoken are. As if any of this petty bullshit matters in the slightest. Still hilarious, though, and even though I could be doing something more useful, like practicing drawing diagrams or trying to interpret that divination I'd performed on Stacey a few minutes ago, instead I'm watching my classmates like they're a reality show.

When Jonathan's done freaking out at Rosalin and then storming off like he's auditioning for a physical comedy, I finally speak up. Since Rosalin's always been pretty generous to me and seems to be bankrolling this whole thing, I'll ask her my question. "Hey Rosalin, anything I need to bring tonight?" Brightening up a bit, I give her a sort of affirmative-head-nod while closing my eyes, only to reopen them fully despire how tired I am, the flouruscent lights of the classroom reflecting off them. "Thanks, by the way."

<Rauri> Turn on Rosalin
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+1 = 7

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Location: Classroom | Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

Rosalin, having watched through Johnathans... escape attempt? Is that what it was supposed to be?... Anyway, having watched the scene, she then turns to Holly, who addressed her. She gives her the trademark warm smile... which probably would have been a lot more meaningful if she didn't stop to think about what to say right afterwards.

"Uhm, I can't think of anything. Nice to have you along, though! Thanks for joining!" she replies, somewhat awkwardly. Perhaps that scent of fresh flowers of hers is distracting her? Wait, huh?

Giving Holly a string.

Turn on Holly: 2d6+2 6

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Session 1, Scene 1

Quite suddenly and quite noticeably, the classroom gets quite colder for everyone - like everyone just collectively took a jump in the pool, except without the wetness! That strange feeling passes after about ten seconds, but it's enough to grab everyone's attention, slow the conversation to a confused crawl.

Jill: You know you were the source of that - do you say anything to try to cover that up? "...Jill? Are you okay?" Maddy shrugs Harmony's hand off her shoulder, looking towards you with concern. "Do you need to go to the nurse's office or something?" Then she looks back at Harmony and adds, "...We'll think about it, okay?" What do you do? Do you trust Harmony now, or view her with suspicion?

Levi: That cold doesn't seem right, not at all. Do you think it's something threatening, or something that can be ignored? What do you do? It seemed to happen just as Johnathon stomped out of the room - is he suspicious? Do you follow him?

Sierra: You feel more than just the cold. You hear the rushing of water in your ears - blocking out whatever it was that Shaun just said - like you just dived into the pool. You smell the chlorine, that weird thing humans put into water. And then all of a sudden it's gone. What do you make of that? What do you do?

Johnathon: Lami's (and a few classmates') laughter in your ears doesn't stop as the coldness spreads all over the room, though you barely experience that before you're out the door, and like stepping over an invisible threshold, the coldness vanishes for you even quicker than it does for the others. Even aside from that weirdness, you know the teacher will be coming soon. Do you risk making a trip somewhere before the teacher arrives, and hoping you get back in time to make attendance? Do you even care about attendance? After all, there's surely something you could be doing that's more important, right?

Holly: Have you ever felt anything like that before - something so blatantly supernatural, even if your less gifted classmates refuse to give it any more thought than 'haha that was weird'? Is it a mystery to investigate, or something not worth your time?

Harmony: Maddy refuses to bow to your will or get out of your way... if, no, when she and Jill agree to come to this girl's night out, how do you plan to privately show her you're the boss? Who do you think is going to be most fun out of all the people you've gathered together here for the girl's night out?

Rosalin: So... you know in your heart that there's going to be a ~complication~ to getting those extra tickets at this short notice. What is that complication - and who pays the price for it, you, or someone else you know?

Teacher will arrive next prompt, Scene 2 will be the prompt after that.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Has Fed Upon:

Maddy gives a noncommittal response and tries to end the conversation. Whatever, no use getting riled up over it. Jill seems nice and all, but if she wants to surround herself with people like Maddy, instead of me? Well, then that's her loss. "Jill, you just let me know if you want to come over before the end of the day, okay sweetie?" I give Maddy a fake smile as I turn and leave. That bitch. I'm trying to do Jill a favor! My mind begins to wander into how I'll make Maddy pay for her cruelty. To trap a friend?! She's clearly toxic to poor Jill.

Let's see... there's the usual stuff, pouring salt into her soda, pouring soda onto her popcorn. But that's just kid stuff. Of course, I could step it up a notch... dump soda on her hair... accidentally of course. But that's just bullying, really. And people tend to see through those things. Hmmm... what to do... I briefly consider trying to feed on her, but the thought of using that as a weapon... no, that's not me. Not... to her, at least. I shake my head.

A sudden chill fills the room, highlighting my emotions with a point. I shudder, wrapping my arms around myself and chatter my teeth for a second. Cold... cruel. I... I don't want to be that person. Sorry for even considering it, universe. Luckily, the feeling fades after a second.

Humbled, I look around, and consider heading back to my desk to check Facebook before class starts. I spot Sierra again, looks like she felt the chill as well. As I pass by her, I stop, "Weird, right?" I say, still holding my arms together, "Hey... I have a group heading to the movies tonight... room for one more. Interested?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None

I shudder as the feeling washes over me, and then fades. What was that? A human ocean trying to speak to me? It was the sensation of diving in a pool, the strange chemicals were the same as in the pools, but even without it, the water wasn’t right. Dead water. I shudder again, then look at Shaun in confusion.

I missed everything he just said in reply, this conversation is pretty much doomed, I think… He looks a bit uncomfortable as well though, did he feel the same thing? That’d be even stranger, surely I’m the only one here who can speak to the oceans like that -unless his natural instinct towards swimming as left him more receptive to the water than most humans… I start to smile at him again, feeling a bit pleased despite the uncomfortable nature of the moment. “Did you feel that?”

A moment later, Harmony comes by, commenting on probably the same thing. Okay, Shaun I could understand, but Harmony as well? What did she have to do with the ocean? “Yeah,” I sound a bit distracted as I answer, trying to piece this together. “That sounds fun, I'd love to. Where should we meet?” I look up at her and smile, pushing my hair back away from my face and focusing on getting my natural beauty as a princess to shine through. Confusion aside, someone inviting me to an event is how things should be, of course I’d accept.

<godfish> turn on Harmony
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7-1 = 6
<godfish> heh
exp for hot

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Rosalin goes back to her seat, staring into her book. But, she's not really studying - instead, she's trying to get a vision on what's going to happen to Harmony.

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6-1 2

Sorry, I am a dumbass and accidentally edited over this post instead of making a new one, and I don't remember the exact wording. This is what it was about tho.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 25, 2016

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Harm 0/4 | XP: 2/5 | Conditions:

I nod to Harmony. Do I still want to go? Yes, no, maybe... it's hard to think, sometimes. At least it's not the urge to drown people this time. I hope that's still gone for good. Is Harmony really going to hurt me, or is it just my head playing tricks on me again? I want her to just be a nice girl who wants to go out to the movies with me... but this is all very strange.

The nurse's office? "It's a bit late for that," I mumble to Maddy. I'm already dead, after all. Not much you can do for someone 60 years drowned. Then I remember that Maddy doesn't know that, and ideally her and everyone else will never know that. "I mean, uh..." I look more alert now, looking around nervously, unable to really meet her eyes. "I'm, uh, it's, uh..." Oh, don't lock up now! "I'm... probably fine," I manage, probably not terribly convincingly. "I don't get sick!" I add. Shoot. "I mean... I'm not sick," I clarify, huddling my arms in close to myself. I can feel goosebumps forming beneath me sweater, even though it's me that's causing this. Maybe if I don't call attention to it, no one else will either.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Harm 0/4 XP: 2/5 Lami Strings: 2/5
Conditions:

gently caress. That *hurt*. Now my leg is acting up again. Stupid chair. Getting in the way. Now my limp is going to be *really* visible. Should have brought the cane. On the other hand, I hate that thing, so maybe not.

Bleh. Maybe running away wasn't the most graceful or smartest thing I could have done. Maybe I should have stood my ground or something. But I'm out the door. Which means I have to make a decision. Is it worth going back? Do care about attendance? On one hand, not really. They're not gonna kick me out. I could probably just go home, if I really wanted. But that would be boring. There's really not anything for me to do at home. I could go riding, but that's not what I want right now. No. Right now I'm... craving something. The weird supernatural chill that enveloped the room made me realize it. I want... company. I didn't say friendship. I'll settle for conversation. Of course that's not gonna happen this period. I've already embarrassed myself enough.

Plus I said I'd meet up with Sierra after class. If I flake she might think she's off the hook. Can't allow that. I wonder if the girls have invited her to the movies. That might be awkward. On the other hand, she can't afford to anger me anyway, so its a moot point. Urgh. People are difficult. I also really don't want to walk back to all the stares.

Maybe I'll go smoke and come back for first period.

We're not *technically* allowed on the roof, but there'll be a breeze there, and I can at least clear my head a bit. If I'm fast, I could probably make it back before attendance is done. If not? Who cares?

With that settled, I start quickly limping my way over.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

So, looks like today just got a lot more interesting. That was definitely magic, or at least supernatural - you'd have to be an idiot to not recognize it, which explains why my classmates obviously don't pick up on that fact. It's so overt it definitely brought the conversations to a hold though... really wondering what caused it, and why it was so overt? It can't have been Mrs. Verbena, she's smarter than that.

Mumbling something about being right back to Rosalin (who I'm going to look into as well, if only because there's definitely something off about her too - or she's suddenly stuffing her bra with flowers for some insane reason), I amble out of my seat and then out the door, willing to be a bit late to class today to get to the bottom of this. Since the bell's super close to ringing there's not many people in the halls, and that makes it easy for me to stroll to the nearest girl's bathroom.

Listening to the heavy wooden door bump against the doorframe as it closes behind me, I get to work checking to see if anyone else is hiding in any of the stalls. Once I'm sure of my privacy I turn the hot water up on every sink, the flow of water eventually resulting in steam rising up on the mirror. Once its pretty thoroughly fogged up I shut the water off, then trace a magical glyph on the mirror. If I did this right (and I did) it should link this mirror to that experience I just had, using my memory of it as a bridge to the weird chill itself. Time to find out the Truth about this newest supernal mystery.

<Rauri> Gaze about supernatural chill
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+2 = 11
Lucid and accurate + show me what to do for +1 forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Session 1, Scene 2. Highlights Refresh!

Joseph: Crap, you were late for school. What happened to delay you? What have you done (if anything) to try to make up for your unfortunate run-in with Rosalin? You manage to make it to class... just after the teacher passes through the door, giving you a sour look. Mr. Pratt takes homeroom for this class; why does he have it out for you?

Johnathan: Nobody stops you on your way to the roof, but you're not alone when you get there. There's already someone smoking, and they don't even try to hide it when the stairway door opens and you come out - like they don't care if they're caught. It's Annalisa Rey, the crazy girl who was caught stashing a can of petrol in the car park. What do you make of her? Is she a welcome presence here, or an irritation? What do you do?

Holly: First you feel the chill of the water, but you can breathe - or don't need to. You're looking through someone else's eyes as they try to struggle to get their head above-water, see four young men laughing and joking by the poolside. Their faces are blurred, you can't make them out, until one of them looks at you directly, and you see Mr. Grifter's old, weathered face on a young man's body. Things go mercifully dark after that... and you snap back to reality in the bathroom. What do you make of that?

Rosalin: You don't get any vision, too nervous and too anxious, too shaken by the cold. You don't even notice the teacher arrive, until you hear them call your name. And again, louder, more irritated. What embarrassing thing do you blurt out in front of everyone?

Jill: Maddy looks like she wants to protest, but stops herself short upon the arrival of Mr. Pratt. Still, she's concerned for you, and Harmony appears concerned for you, but what do you want? It seems that quite a few people noticed the cold snap, though nobody's asking you specifically any questions, thank goodness. Still, are you worried about doing something like that again?

Harmony: It looks like you have a full group... maybe, at least. Holly ran away awfully quickly, perhaps chasing after Johnathon or something? As everyone takes their seats, Remy leans over "You know, Romy, it's not fair for you to stop other people having fun. I didn't even get that girl's number before you dragged her off!" What do you say to that?

Sierra: Well, the person holding your pelt captive just stormed off. How are you going to get him this information he wants now? Are you worried he'll get in the way of you having fun with Harmony and the others tonight? Shaun is... oddly silent when you ask him about the cold feeling. He clearly felt it, but doesn't want to say so. Mysterious! Are you going to follow up on that, or leave it be for now?

• Locked thread