Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
As we move into the general, the Clinton campaign is going to start YAAAAAAAS-Hillary-ing the internet to win back those sweet, sweet millennial votes. This is a thread to post the most skillful propaganda and feel smart about yourself for seeing through it.

To start: remember this horrible video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHS-K7OuLAc

haha, Bernie supporters sure are fucken stupid.

But there is something is weird about this vid. The tone is off. Why would collegehumor make fun of their main demographic?

it's because

is owned by

and IAC "employs"

as a "director"

oh.

Not earth shattering stuff, but I wonder if the 1.7 billion people that watched that vid knew that the funny little youtube they were watching was goebbelsian propaganda. Probably not many!

i.e. Welcome to the matrix motherfuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
OP's posting history

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Gibberish posted:

OP's posting history

I knew my awful, awful posting and failed threads would work against me, and yet I still posted anyways. There is bravery in that, I think.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Gibberish posted:

OP's posting history

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

lol

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/hillary-clinton-bar-talk/2916002

Kate McKinnon): "Why won't the people just let me lead? Just give me the hammers and the nails and let me fix it all!"

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
The video in the op was embarassing holy poo poo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
lowtax is actually chelsea clinton

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

It's hard for me to hate on this, 'cause that painting of the dude surfing the pizza is the most rad thing I've ever seen

goebbels'd again, I guess.

Revenants Return posted:

The video in the op was embarassing holy poo poo

Once you view it through the lens of "this is propaganda" it becomes kind of terrifying. I like the part where, in response to the idea that superdelgates are undemocratic, it states as a fact that caucuses are also undemocratic, because...?

And the way they sneakily add the superdelgates back into the Hillary total after proposing a hypothetical Bernie California sweep, which of course is a ridiculous idea, you Bernie supporter DUMBASSES, how could you even think he had a chance.. probably some kind of berniebros or sumthin'

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
The college humor video is really dumb and disingenuous

Not surprised Chelsea is connected.

They haven't been funny in over a decade.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I don't know if this thread is supposed to be tongue in cheek, but I absolutely hate focused grouped campaigns of which Hillary is undoubtedly exhibit A for this election cycle.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
This subforum, OP

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

tranime scholar posted:

This subforum, OP

Who here in The Salt Mines can we actually trust? especially since she already had the man who would have co-modded it assassinated 4 years ago

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I Am A Robot posted:

The college humor video is really dumb and disingenuous

Not surprised Chelsea is connected.

They haven't been funny in over a decade.

I'm shocked it doesn't have more dislikes to be honest, college humors fans are mostly millenials that support bernie

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Who here in The Salt Mines can we actually trust? especially since she already had the man who would have co-modded it assassinated 4 years ago

Nonsense is the only IK you can trust

I am a true blue poster

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

i am the only one you can trust baby hands man

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

I don't know, but I wouldn't trust anyone with the D&D Yoda rape avatar.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I'm shocked it doesn't have more dislikes to be honest, college humors fans are mostly millenials that support bernie

the scary thought is that maybe it did exactly what it was supposed to; make casual Bernie supporters think that they'd been silly for thinking he still had a chance and to not trust quote "what the internet says"

But yeh, that's what made me google it in the first place. collegehumor aims for "hip", and "hip" right now is to support Bernie, even amongst millennials that like hillary and will vote for her in the general. It was too big a misfire, so I looked to see if the parent company was a clinton foundation donor. did not expect for them to have a Clinton on the board.

shouldn't this be vaguely illegal somehow? like, the thing is presented as a funny internet skit. it's disingenuous. don't people have the right to know where the money behind these things comes from?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

http://www.bluenationreview.com

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

the scary thought is that maybe it did exactly what it was supposed to; make casual Bernie supporters think that they'd been silly for thinking he still had a chance and to not trust quote "what the internet says"

But yeh, that's what made me google it in the first place. collegehumor aims for "hip", and "hip" right now is to support Bernie, even amongst millennials that like hillary and will vote for her in the general. It was too big a misfire, so I looked to see if the parent company was a clinton foundation donor. did not expect for them to have a Clinton on the board.

shouldn't this be vaguely illegal somehow? like, the thing is presented as a funny internet skit. it's disingenuous. don't people have the right to know where the money behind these things comes from?

I'm glad you pointed it out at least. Still kind of lovely and now I'm feeling like I should just unsubscribe from college humor. Eitherway Indiana at least makes me believe that millenials aren't all going to just magically line up for Hillary.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The video came out after the NY primary, so it actually did come out after he had any realistic chance of winning the dem nomination

His only hope since then has been for the superdelegates to throw the election from Hillary to himself, and that's only going to happen if she's indicted, and even then who knows

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRCj8LVTRyA

I bet Hillary is pro-milk

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

tranime scholar posted:

I don't know, but I wouldn't trust anyone with the D&D Yoda rape avatar.

oh my god, I've always assumed that was one singular poster with widely varied opinions

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

oh my god, I've always assumed that was one singular poster with widely varied opinions

Yes, yes, that's it. We're definitely different people, and the world's greatest victim of dissociative identity disorDEATH TO NEO-LIE-BERALS

This Is the Face of the Woman Who Will Save the World from Donald Trump
image of Hillary where if you mouse over it, it zooms in on her already tightly framed face even more

:stonk:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
did anyone say that bernie supporters are the best propaganda that she could hope for yet?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Fast Luck posted:

The video came out after the NY primary, so it actually did come out after he had any realistic chance of winning the dem nomination

His only hope since then has been for the superdelegates to throw the election from Hillary to himself, and that's only going to happen if she's indicted, and even then who knows

Yeah, I want to stress that nothing in the video is wrong per se in terms of the math. The presentation is hosed though. It is totally fair to say that superdelgates shouldn't be counted just yet, if only because historically they've always supported whomever has the most pledged delegates, which is why it's also extremely fair to mention that Obama came from behind. Sandwiching these points in between stupid stuff that Bernie supporters say and things like "the bird" suggests that they're just as ludicrous .

I even think Bernie should drop out, since the pledged delegate math is not there and more damningly he's so vastly far behind in popular votes. In terms of "democratic" results, Hillary's already beat him and "deserves" the nomination. The video is still ick though, because it's presenting these facts as if they were coming from a neutral source that a lot of people watch and trust, when really there's a huge conflict of interest happening in the background AT BEST.

The biggest crime here is that it's so enormously unfunny. "art" made to satisfy the political whims of a distant corporate owner is always poo poo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i demand fairness from college humour dot com

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

op, you're probably going to be ridiculed for daring to see propaganda motives in this stuff but this makes for a good primer to start noticing propaganda (ideological, not electoral) all over the danged place. cheers.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

logikv9 posted:

i demand fairness from college humour dot com

chelsea clinton is on the board of the parent company of black people meet dot com

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
hahaahahahahahahaha

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
yeah you really cracked the case op

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

chelsea clinton is on the board of the parent company of black people meet dot com

gently caress Chelsea Clinton controls okcupid dating, better not put bernie in as an interest or fear getting good results

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Chelsea also controls the dictionary

he who controls the dictionary controls language

i think

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
chelsea controls blackpeoplemeet.com, and black people then vote for hillary. coincidence?

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

tranime scholar posted:

This subforum, OP

MIGF, fits my needs, and Baloogan are all but confirmed paid Hillary shills.

You can also just check the "Most Ignored" list in the Posting Gloryhole.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

also lol at the fact that chemistry.com, match.com, okcupid, pof, and tinder are all the same company

I bet all that data and surveys those sites have could be pretty useful, above-and-beyond the $3.5 billion dollar deal they have with google

at least grindr remains independant of the clinton war machine

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
check out this pro-hillary propaganda on the daily beast

you just know those pro-oligarchs are ready for hillary after reading this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
he who owns the internet owns the memes