Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
[psuhing up idiot nerd glasses] the all stars released is based on the japanese only "shindou editon of" mario 64 which added rumble pack support, bug fixes, and changed the line used for throwing Bowser from the recycled "here we go" voice sample used in the original japanese release, to the brand new "buh bye". in fact; so long gay Bowser was only ever uttered in copies sold in the wester territories, making it non-canon in the eyes of shigeru miyamoto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

it is canon in my heart

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
That's funny dude. Too bad you missed that there was an english version of it discovered in the leaks from earlier this year. :fuckoff:

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Forgot how comfy Sunshine was

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Ruffini posted:

Forgot how comfy Sunshine was

first time playing it and I’m extremely enjoying it. delfino plaza music is so good

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

subnshine is good other than a few bullshit missions

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i mostly like sunshine but that electric manta can burn in hell!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

i mostly like sunshine but that electric manta can burn in hell!!

Lol I did every other level in the game and never got a single shine at the hotel for about a decade bc of that manta.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
mario is 40 years old

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

In Training posted:

Lol I did every other level in the game and never got a single shine at the hotel for about a decade bc of that manta.

same, child me was incapable of beating that one

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i beat it as a kid but it took 3 hours of trying. i'm ready to get some revenge

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
cant believe nintendo would attempt to whitewash mario's problematic history of gay bashing like this

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think the lotus flowers in the acid is harder than the manta but the game's worst thing is putting 30 blue coins in every level. the hard parts are just hard, they're fine.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The manta made me quit the game when I was a teen lol. I’m ready to finally slam his rear end

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Bicyclops posted:

I think the lotus flowers in the acid is harder than the manta but the game's worst thing is putting 30 blue coins in every level. the hard parts are just hard, they're fine.

My brother has insane compulsive Mario 100% syndrome (100%ed Odyssey in like 2 weeks) ragequit Sunshine forever over the last blue coin shine lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i got all the regular shines as a kid but even as a child with no friends and infinite time i could not muster up the will to get all the blue coin shines

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I never had a problem with the manta but the boat levels can gently caress themselves.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

AverySpecialfriend posted:

My brother has insane compulsive Mario 100% syndrome (100%ed Odyssey in like 2 weeks) ragequit Sunshine forever over the last blue coin shine lol

I also have this but I cheated and did the cockatoo trick with jump rope and I'm scared to go back to it, lol

I beat the gauntlet level the normal fair and square way though

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

that whole world was a pain in the rear end.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Ricco Harbor music still kicks rear end

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

i always heard "so long me bowsee" however this

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That feels like an admission of guilt

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Paper Mario established that Bowser is also interested in women, so Mario now says "Bye, Bi"

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
mario doing one of those japanese politician apology press conferences, crying in an italian accent

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

The Milkman posted:

most of the first run of third party switch travel docks were bad and fried things. then maybe last year there was one everyone said was good

does anyone remember which one that was

Supposedly the Best Buy one (Rocketfish brand) is good. As a bonus there's no front part of the dock so the screen doesn't get scratched every time you put it in the dock. Only downside is one USB port instead of 3.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 19, 2020

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Mario sixty bore. Mario poo poo shine. And of course the hird in the trilogy u r mr. Gay

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

you guys know that scene in Hook where Bob Hoskins is like "Oi, it's Peter Pan alright, but he's changed into a fat middle aged man!" with a look of disgust and horror? pretty sure nintendo re-released mario 64 now just so we could feel that way when we look in the mirror after taking 100 tries to get a star we could have gotten in our sleep before.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

miyamoto, grinning: enjoying Super Mario 64? let's check in on our player who's trying Zelda 2, just like when he was a child.

Nintendo intern: that guy isn't here anymore. Anybody who tries to play that game on a joy con will become a stalfos. everybody, stalfos. so he's not here anymore.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Mario sixty bore. Mario poo poo shine. And of course the hird in the trilogy u r mr. Gay

Don’t sign your posts!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1308079362999287809

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Awesome

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I like to imagine he loaded up Dolphin specifically to take that picture for Arf. Blessed account.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao badass

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

I like to imagine he loaded up Dolphin specifically to take that picture for Arf. Blessed account.

This.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thank you Supper Mario Broth

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Mario eats pasta with his hands.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Arrhythmia posted:

He also plumbs with them

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

someone ask supper mario broth if there are forks, canonically, in the mushroom kingdom.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

someone ask supper mario broth if there are forks, canonically, in the mushroom kingdom.

Which is wilder: no one has ever invented a fork in the mushroom kingdom, or Mario chooses to go without them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted: