Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

My wife and girls gave me a Switvh for Christmas with Smash Bros. I am super pumped to get into the system so I have been reading about everything. I had a few questions:

1)Is Nintendo Online worth it? I bought a NES classic in September so I do not know if the classic games will be worth it. Does online play do well (my WiFi internet usually does at least 30mbps down and 15 up).

2) what digital Indy games are recommended? I am probably going to do more digital downloads (yeah, I need to buy an sd card) than physical games but I always feel like I need recommendations for the games before I buy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Just going through the downloadable games was fun. I purchased the following games:

Yoku’s Instant Express (I played the demo and this game is awesome)
Monopoly (my wife loves playing this game)
South Park the Stick of Truth (I have always heard this game is fun but I have not had a game system since I purchased the WII in 2006).

But I added the following games to my wishlist:
Hollow Knight
Hello Neighbor
God Doodle
Gris (I agree that this game looks beautiful)
Fitness Boxing
Mars Explorer (I cannot remember the actual name but this game comes out next week and it looks like a lot of fun)

Also, I know that you earn gold coins for purchasing games which then becomes a penny per coin discount. Is there anything that is worth it for the platinum coins you get doing random stuff on their website (besides wallpapers, online game guides and software for the Wii U or 3DS)?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I loved Yoku’s Instant Express. Thanks for that advice. It is such a fun and easy going game.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I had heard about This War of Mine a year or so ago. I bought it and drat, it is a rough game but I love playing through it. Every decision is difficult which makes the game one of the more challenging games I have ever played.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I created a Family group online subscription and I am adding friends to it. All that I have to do is add their emails to my family group online and when they accept, they can access online, right?

Is there anything else for me to do?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Yep, it's as simple as that. Go in peace friend

Super easy! Thanks

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I want to just say that “Baba is You” is a really low level game but it is also one of the more challenging and fun games I have ever played.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I saw that the Labo is $40 at Walmart. I have a 9 year old daughter who loves science and building things. Would the Labo be a good present for her birthday?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Here is a 3D maze made in Mario Maker 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jSrUh1FDxg

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

a7m2 posted:

it's really fun

Agreed but I was surprised at how short the game was.

However, I really enjoyed the game and if they add DLC such as new levels, that will be cool.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Thanks for this. For $1, I thought it was worth a try. Their chill out mode is a nice relaxing play for the end of the day.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Strange thought and completely off topic but I wish that Nintendo had a port for Simpsons Hit and Run.

That will always be one of my favorite games (my ps2 dying led to selling my games) and if I could play it on my Switch, life would be complete.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Man, I forgot all about Mar10...I had just bought Mario Party (for some reason, it autocorrected to apartheid) last week and now it is $20 cheaper.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I am looking at getting my daughter Minecraft for her 10th birthday at the end of the month.

I have a switch and I went to look to see how much it is. Why is the Switch version $30 but the Google Play game is $8? Does the Switch version give you more or is it just charging you a ton for the nintendo version?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

drat, I was not expecting that game to be $40!

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Randomly talking with my high school students about video games at the end of the day. Only one girl and myself have a Nintendo Switch. Everyone else has an Xbox or a PS4.

I put on the bits of the Mario releases and two things stood out:

According to high school students (born in 2003 or later), Mario 64 is the best Mario game ever.

They all think that the Mario Kart home circuit is amazing and they now want a Switch. One kid even began designing what his track would look like based on connecting his kitchen and living room with a board to go over a step.

Edit: also should note, most of them were also excited about the Xbox Series S because of its price (which is the same as the Switch)

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 9, 2020

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Nintendo Switch Heavy

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

N64 is the greatest. Hands down.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Had a bachelor party a couple of months ago that was 100% playing n64 games while drinking and partaking in edibles. It was awesome.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Ready for N64 expansion pack on Monday. I really want to play some old school Mario kart 64 against people online.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Same here.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Nintendo switch has returned to regular use. My daughter saw a game on YouTube. It is Boomerang Fu and she wanted to play it.

My wife and I versus my daughters (11 and 9) filled the day yesterday for several hours.

Thank you nintendo (although I now get to watch my 9 year old rage quit…)

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Every time I see a bunch of posts, I get hopeful that Goldeneye has been released.

So disappointed.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

drat, I saw earlier this week that Mario Kart 8 deluxe was 33% off. But when I went tonight to buy it, it was back to full price. MAR10 day has failed me…unless it comes back tomorrow.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Thanks! I was able to get it and now I have the DLC with my online account!

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I bought a preorder of AEW Fight Forever: Elite edition. Other purchasers have been able to play it a day early because they bought that edition. Does Nintendo do that same set up? I have tried to play it but it says that it is not available yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Sounds like you got a bum copy bro. Get owned and post your friend code so I can add you.

No, I just saw that THQ announced that only Xbox and PS4/5 were getting early access. People are pretty ticked in their Twitter replies about it.