Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Tron Bonne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I played A Link to the Past a long time ago on GBA, but I decided to play it on my SNES classic. This game is so loving good.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Is anyone else weirdly excited for Luigi's Mansion 3DS?

I only rented Luigi's Mansion when it first came out. I liked Dark Moon, but I wished it was a big mansion instead of a series of levels. So I'm pretty excited for this.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Holy poo poo that's amazing

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

this could maybe be cool, Living The Life of Luxury

https://www.destructoid.com/nintend...ay-526519.phtml

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

elf help book posted:

grim memories of beating mario 3 as a kid with the game genie code that always gives you hammer suit, and having the game freeze after beating bowser

i think i permanently hosed up my mario 64 save with a gameshark code that took away the lower half of mario's body

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Nintendo did download their own Roms off the net before. It was found in the headers. The games had .nes extensions too. In animal crossing on GameCube and in the Virtual Console lmfao

This reminds me how hosed it was that on the GCN Animal Crossing, you got stuck with a random NES game and it was like impossible to get the others. I wound up with DK JR math and Clu Clu Land

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

thanks, i'll follow up with HR

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I love that Luigi’s Mansion has little door opening shots like in Resident Evil.

I’m having to pace myself because I don’t want to tear through the game in a day, it’s awesome.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Thank you

I had no idea this was remade for the 3ds

I have an n3ds but I wonder why it requires the better cpu

Super Star wasn’t remade for the 3DS, it’s just that the N3DS can play SNES VC games.

Although both 2DS and 3DS can play the DS Super Star Ultra

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don’t think they sell that one on VC though

I checked and you’re right, that’s bullshit.

At least you can play Pilotwings

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

As a kid I remember loving Superstar Ultra but the True Arena kicked my rear end

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

more nes games are coming out:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I liked Fire Emblem Awakening bit was kinda disappointed by Fates. Should I check out Echoes?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I did all 3 routes on Fates but it was like ages ago.

I was in the mood for a strategy RPG with a good story and characters. I tried to get back into Advance Wars but I don't like that you have to generate units from bases. I prefer just having the set chess pieces.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

No I haven't, honestly I was kinda curious but I kept hearing you had to rush through stuff to get good ranks and I like being a slow turtle

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

oh cool, is 1 or 4 better?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

In Samus Returns, they overcompensated from Other M and gave her Warcraft pauldrons

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

the new special version of Ninja Gaiden on Switch literally starts you at the final boss

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Majora's Mask is so loving cool and I would love if they did more weird remixes like that for other games.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I’ve bought RE4 like 3 times and never done professional mode. I wish there was some cove to unlock it from the start because I always forget to play through it a second time and just end up getting another port

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://twitter.com/AndyPlaytonic/status/1227971646721490944?s=20

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Spikers

quote:

When Next Level pitched the concept to Nintendo, they rejected it due to the game's violence clashing with Nintendo's code of honor. The violence was too realistic compared to other games with Mario characters fighting, like Super Smash Bros., and production of the game stopped in 2007.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1269437795384295426?s=20

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

definitely get BOTW if you enjoyed Wind Waker.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The Klowner posted:

Lmao but also :(

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

herculon posted:

tactical rpgs ftw

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

this. My biggest problem is not having enough time to play all the good games.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Fungah! posted:

link tears off the champion's tunic to reveal his intricate back tattoo of the goddesses and triforce, ganondorf sneers and reveals his of a pig wielding a trident. thunder rolls and rain falls atop death mountain

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Badass

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

look at this dipshit

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I ended up playing Super Mario 64 for like 3 hours tonight.

In conclusion: Nintendo.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

what stars did you get?

I'm still really early on, so I spent way more time than I expected getting the star in the first Bowser world. I also had a lot of trouble with the Vanish Cap star. But I cleared out everything in Big Boo's Haunt so that was cool.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Playing Mario Tennis Virtual Boy with my friends. They're just out of frame, enjoying the $95 link cable.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

PENNYWISE: This your PSP?

Georgie looks around. Bill is nowhere nearby. Rain continues to pour from the sky, dripping into the sewer.

PENNYWISE: Good console, you know. It's been hacked, no matter what firmware yar on, ha ha!

GEORGIE: Why are you in the sewer?

PENNYWISE: Oh, the mods said not to say.

GEORGIE: How come?

PENNYWISE: They don't let me in on that stuff. I just do my tricks for the kids. You look like a nice boy. I bet you have lots of friends!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The Milkman posted:

it's a richer forum for having him

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Publicly flaming UaN but privately thinking he seems nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

the Rorschach monologue about the Imps looking up to UaN asking him to save them and he says "Absolutely!"