Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Nintendo is cool and good, and even though people like to rag on the obvious things they've hosed up in the past their presence in the gaming industry is a net positive. If someone is actively wishing for Nintendo to get out of gaming then it's safe to say that they have bad, or at least extremely narrow-minded, Opinions About Video Games.

NickRoweFillea posted:

I love my 3DS. It's my favorite system.

same. I put a bunch of time into figuring out the best new gaming computer I could afford, but even after buying that I still put more time into the 3DS I've owned for two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
when Gamestop was liquidating their PS2/GBA/GC stock four or five years ago i scooped up a bunch of third-party titles and Pikmin. then when I took the Pikmin case to the counter the dude was all "um someone hosed up and the only Pikmin disc we have back here is Pikmin 2, is that cool" and I was like "uh yeah give me this $50 game for $5, np"

I still haven't played it :negative:

Evil Eagle posted:

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes

Prime 1 is one of the best games of that generation and I'm always surprised to hear some people don't like it. Prime 2 was also pretty dang good but I think the world in Prime 1 is much more put together, or at least feels more natural. I bought Prime Trilogy for the Wii a while back and have been meaning to do a 1-2-3 triple feature sometime.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Hey let's talk about Nintendo in this, the Nintendo thread. this is a thread for happy posts about a cool video game company.

One thing i've always appreciated about Nintendo is that their poo poo is drat near indestructible. I don't think I've ever had to buy a replacement console or controller or anything as far as Nintendo's concerned. Hell, the SNES I got when I was five still boots up AND the SMW cart that came with it still has its saves

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Speaking of Nintendo, anyone here been to the big Nintendo store in NYC? i'm bumming around the city for the day tomorrow and wondering if it's worth a trip there. also do I get any cool Spot-/Streetpasses if I take my 3DS there

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Tender Bender posted:

It's worth it if you're in the area already. It's kinda small but it's packed with neat stuff and cool merchandise. When I went December they had a Mario Maker exhibit with some original concept art by Miyamoto and some other folks from the old Mario games which was pretty cool to see.

But I don't think there's enough there to specifically plan a trip to that part of town. My girlfriend and I literally stumbled upon it when we were dodging Christmas crowds and had a good time, it was some Harry Potter Finding A Secret Magical Shop poo poo.

Yeah my wife wants to check out the Rockefeller Center which is like two blocks away from Ninty so I figured I'd dip in there while we were around, thanks. Debating whether or not to lug my 3DS around all day while we're there, I fuckin love Streetpassing for real.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

In Training posted:

The first time I played super Metroid was on the Wii VC so no hard feelings.

hell, same

also the Nintendo Store was kinda small but cool, like most other physical Nintendo things. they had the Miyamoto and Star Fox puppets from that one E3 which were kinda weird to see in person.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

goferchan posted:

Whoa monster hunter comes out Friday??

drat straight it does.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bobnumerotres posted:

monster hunter also runs a lot smoother on the n3ds lol

I really want to upgrade to a n3DS but I know that the day I do, Ninty will come out the next day and say that the NX is a super-strong handheld with a TV dock or whatever that plays all of my 3DS games and I'll feel like a dummy :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
If games are actually sold on old-school Game Boy-looking carts like that mockup that might be reason enough to buy this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Dicks out for Nintendo

So did they even announce this ahead of time, or did they just come out and say "Nintendo Switch y'all, ttyl"

VV Fair enough

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 20, 2016