Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Fumaofthelake posted:

How is the second Bravely Default game?

good. i havent played it yet though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
black magic was secretly great even in bd1 tho, natty talent + phantom weapon = dmg cap t1 spells

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's cool the game lets you mix and match and pull stuff like that off, but why would I do that when I have like 20 other classes that hit just as hard with way more utility

i beat the final boss w a bunch of rdm!sam on my team healing and countering nonstop after i cdnt brute force it w dark knight spam

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I should really finish BotW. I might need to buy the DLC so I can see where I haven't been on the map yet since I stalled out at ~100 shrines. Hard to imagine where else to check but I'll still pick it up for an hour or so every so often and find a shrine. Little victories.

goferchan posted:

Post one, i kinda want to start a NG on hero mode and i'll play through again. Also my big basically spoiler free tip is its really ttempting to just climb the mountains and go to a linear path towards whatever your destination is, but don't neglect checking out the roads even if they're less direct/efficient. Lots of NPCs hang out there that you'll miss otherwise

I spoiled myself on exactly one thing in the game so far and it was Hetsu's location. I climbed over the mountains to get to Kakariko at the beginning of the game instead of taking the road and was nearly 70 hours in before I realized I still hadn't found him... It's kind of incredible that the game even lets you do that however.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Bicyclops posted:

I'm downloading Tropical Freeze, right now, as we speak, and getting excited.

I hear the switch version is very good whereas the Wii u version was mediocre at best

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I want a new Pokemon Conquest

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
They should call it Live 8 Live

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The hotel cleaners tucked my switch in like a baby and I'm losing my mind the more I look at it

lmfao

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
*finally playing Super Mario Odyssey* Oh! Haha. Yay! How charming

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Playing Odyssey with the joycon straps on so I can safely drop my controllers to clap like a delighted child

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
My older brother has games OCD and grinded to like level 15 in the very first area of SMRPG and was furious when I copied his save file and beat the game before him

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Tales of Woe posted:

there's no rumored switch version people just assumed because of the smash dlc

Persona 5 S announcement tomorrow

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Persona 5 Stadium coming soon for the Nintendo Switch

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Not being able to play handheld Persona 5 ftl...

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
What are some sick Switch rpgs? I already played Octopath. Considering Valkyrie Chronicles 4 (never played a vc game before) or maybe replaying TWEWY which idk how well it’s held up

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

I.N.R.I posted:

well, theres the final fantasy x-2 remaster .. and dragon quest 11 is supposed to be getting a switch version though who knows when thats out. and shin megmi tensei 5 is in the distant future. theres final fantasies 7 and 9 too (i recomend 9)

I was gonna ask if you need to play X before X-2 but the remaster has both. But also XII comes out next week so I’ll probably go with that :thanks:

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Does X have good customization team building etc

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Octopath was freaking incredible for that. If only it had more postgame content...

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I only ever played the demo with my brothers back when magazines had demo discs but Tidus going “my old man?!” with really bad lip sync made us all lol for days

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Just remembered it’s called Yunapalooza lmao

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
That’s some freaking fail. Imagine buying XII on cartridge but it’s like only the first two discs, ugh.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Chad Zell vs. Virgin Squall

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Final Fantasy XII Epic Style Handheld Version <- downloading now

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

It's funny because am2r is actually a metroid game

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Is that the botw engine? Pokémon is cool lol

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Downloading this mfer when I get home

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I died hella times in a row right at the start but after one good run where I started picking up extra hearts it’s easy to me. I think I’ve only died once or twice since then and only because I didn’t know you have to have potions/fairies equipped to auto heal from them. I’m stuck at some puzzle in Hyrule Castle tho

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I definitely died with a red potion in my inventory and it says on the text that it auto heals you if you hit zero

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

American McGay posted:

It does autoheal and you don't need it equipped. :shrug:

Then why did I die are you calling me a liar

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I never played Mario & Luigi Babiez but 1 and 3 are good. Never beat any of the Paper Mario’s though...

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Nintendo Switch

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

The Switch is the Game Boy and the dock is the Super Game Boy

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I’m cautiously optimistic but I guess we’ll see

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I preordered Fire Emblem. I’m weak

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
*very quietly hoping nobody notices* fire emblem hoype...

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

man nurse posted:

I'm saving my remaining three vouchers (I used one on Mario Maker 2) for the upcoming sandwich of Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Pokemon Sword. Switch is the place to be this latter half of 2019.

I'm not sold on Link's Awakening just yet but the original is one of my favorite games ever... We shall see

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
There’s still marriage but only for the mc and no kids. You can get gay married though (big win for all the homos out there). I’m starting to get forreal hyped

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Cool avatar lol

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Sonic suplexing Princess Peach. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017