Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm downloading Tropical Freeze, right now, as we speak, and getting excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

It's so good dude. I played a little on Wii U but when I got it again I somehow couldn't put it down and did nothing else but play it for like 4 days straight, once you get the hang of the physics the platforminf feels sooooo good

Yeah, it's already pretty addicting looking for the puzzle pieces and finding the Kong letters and stuff. I'm only in like the first three levels and it's a lot of fun. A minor problem with the SNES screens was how little of the screen you could see and in the new one you can see so much. Technology has come a long way.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I played in the regular mode, so I am missing out on Funky. I do buy Squawks a lot to find the puzzle pieces though, because I get bored of looking for them eventually.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition kicks rear end. The adventure mode is freaking ginormous

Is this worth it if I played the Wii U one to almost the end of the normal Adventure Mode and stopped from a difficulty wall? It was a ton of fun, although I sort of prefer my button mashers to be ludicrously easy

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hizke posted:

you can buy adventure map items in an item shop if you've acquired them once.

i guess my thing was that i really wanted to just mindlessly mash buttons and make numbers go up, but virtually all the maps after the first one required me to use more than three brain cells.

it was definitely a great game, though, i hope they do Dynasty Warriors clones for every Nintendo franchise

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

the insane mashup/museum style of smash but in a good game please

yeah basically a good single player smash brothers

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I kind of want to re-buy Hyrule Warriors, but I'm barely going to finish Tropical Freeze before my kid is born and I suddenly have no time for video games

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Stealing someone’s Nintendo game is a capital offense imo

Europe never really recovered from the grand Splatoon theft of 2015

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Virtual Boy works on stereoscopy and like very eschews color and other cues that help stereoblind people so whenever I tried it out in Toys R Us I literally thought my brothers were trying to prank me into playing a broken display

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

like i was yelling "cut it OUT you guys!" and my brothers were really trying to convince me that no, the future really was like those 80s movies and Nestor from nintendo Power was in the games, but i wouldn't believe them because they kept laughing uncontrollably at my hosed up eye problem.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

It’s cool to own all the Zelda games on the Nintendo Wii U.

I actually like the ports for Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks better than the originals. There was a time when you could own a version almost literally all the Zelda games on 3DS and Wii U, I think the only one missing was like Four Swords Adventures.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I might play it depending on how expensive it is

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

[thinking to my adult self gamer brain which is very smart and looks at erowid] would be far less turned on if the song words went, you're a squid, you're a fat hunched over masturbatory 44 year old nintendo fan who gets drunk on a tuesday while looking at hentai and shows up to work smelling like cumin and farts, you're a squid now, you're a fat hunched over masturbatory 44 year old nintendo fan who gets drunk on a tuesday while looking at hentai and shows up to work smelling like cumin and fart now

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I replay Chrono Trigger probably more than any other RPG.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The playstation port is so infuriating because it breaks up the pace with that two second pause before every combat

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sounds like your wife is just trying to subtly suggest a little something to spice things up on the weekend? See what she thinks of Ocarina of Time's Water Temple boss.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Refuse to play Mario Kart until they remove tripping!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Ok just cause I know it’s gonna come up Smash Bros is more fun with no items. Dont be an rear end in a top hat about this.

I like the items

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I wonder if Soul Calibur 6 or the Witcher 3 will see the Switch either; it would be cool to have Geralt on the nintendo

I bet the Switch could handle the stand-alone Gwent game, which isn't my thing, but some people like it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I once changed my region to Mexico because Shovel Knight was like half the price there but by the time I finally did it they fixed the price so not only did I end up paying more for the game but I also had to pay some exchange rate conversion fee on my credit card :cool:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wise Gamer: Aha! 59 Euro and some change? Someone just saved himself a quarter on this $60 dollar compilation!! I pity the poor sucker in India who's dropping thousands on this.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I am worried that even Nintendo cannot save this E3, guys.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

is the Octopath demo available up until the release of the game? Kind of want to try it out but don't have a ton of time atm

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

just download it now?

you can tell your switch to download it right now even if you arent at it

https://e3.nintendo.com/games/octopath-traveler-switch/

oh yeah, good idea, ty

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

>find out Octopath has Job Points (JP)

gently caress yes, i am going to play it this weekend no matter how little time I have

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol at this entire page

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

thank you nintendo for saving me from disfiguring injuries

i wonder if anyuone has taken the "playing Switch on Splash Mountain" photo yet.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

when is Nintendo finally going to re-release Mario Sunshine so that I don't have to take my Wii out of a drawer when I want to play it?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

best levels are without flud.

there are a ton of those though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

there are also a ton of those in mario 64, galaxy 1 and 2, and mario 3d world :twisted:

i play those too, i like to cycle through them all. sunshine is definitely the worst 3D mario but it's still good.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the blue coins are definitely annoying in a way that the purple coins in Odyssey aren't

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my morning jackass posted:

Mario sunshine gives powerful summer feels and I would love to play it rn.

I usually wait until the winter when i start missing the summer weather.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Zas posted:

playing sunshine again made me realize the camera in odyssey is a drat miracle

this is true for 64 as well tbf. it's really good for its time, but it's hard to go back to. it's maybe more noticeable in sunshine because you're often trying to see a wider area. odyssey is the best Mario game and I really just want more of it, just no jump rope or volleyball type stuff.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Milkman posted:

Sunshine does have far and away have the most room for improvement in a remaster if you wanna look at it that way.

granted that Windwaker was a good game to begin with but it only took like three changes to make that a massively better game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Odyssey and BOTW are great and Octopath looks good but yeah, where's my Metroid and Yoshi??

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

all the yoshi island games are bad except the first one so its fine

fair point.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i leave my Switch docked because i have shoulder problems that plague me whenever i play any handheld game. it was really hard to finish ALBW and i gave up on triforce heroes.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

i need the deets on my man DK

deets attached.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

new Snake/Otacon codec calls for all the new characters :stare:

nice

Cobalt Viper posted:

I didn't know where to post this but I wanted to post it so it's going here.

so weird to see someone lose their disappearing block cherry in real time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cobalt Viper posted:

I don't wanna end up spamming this good thread with lovely Games posts but this is almost too good to be true. I want to believe he's trolling but I know in my heart he's 100% serious.

honestly just looking at the posts, it seems like he's either about 12 years old or unable to tie his own shoes, i wouldn't bother helldumping the mega moron