Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

etalian posted:

Fort McMurry survived, only 10% of the buildings got destroyed in the wildfire:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36253444

so people can use the word decimated and actually be correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Cartouche posted:

Is Canada made out of literal newspaper, deadwood and matchsticks? Does Alberta go straight from snow to inferno?

The gently caress is wrong with your country?

The prairie provinces either get intense flooding or intense drought, never anything in-between. Alberta went from snow in March to +20 weather since then with not a drop of rain. In Calgary, people who have not been watering their yards have found they look like month #2 of a "conserve water" advisory. Things are so dry that all ATV's are supposed to have spark inhibitors on their exhaust pipes to prevent fires.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
The entire country is probably going to have fire bans and possibly vehicle bans in the back country by June.

IDK if they'll outright ban going into the woods all together. Never seen that before in my life

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
loving Albertans ruining it for the rest of us again. :argh:

vvv edit: yeah, I misread that as 'province' before my ninjaedit. Still waking up on the west coast, sorry. vvv

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 10, 2016

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I said the entire country. Everything from Halifax to Vancouver is super dry. We have a big rear end fire on the MB/ON border right now.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.
Yea, it hasn't rained in 5 hours here in Halifax, which is unusual.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Rains twice a week in real Canada (southern Ontario)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it sucks that the fire happened but it also sucks that it turned NE away from the oil fields

might as well take those out too as long as there's a raging wildfire

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Rick Rickshaw posted:

That's an Elemental Invasion if I ever saw one. This is totally an ARG viral marketing campaign for World of Warcraft: Legion.

the fire's not green, noob

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

EvilJoven posted:

I said the entire country. Everything from Halifax to Vancouver is super dry. We have a big rear end fire on the MB/ON border right now.

Oh ya I was out in the Mad Max-esque hellscape of the west coast this weekend, could barely tolerate it

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
pretty soon vancouver will be annexed by china and we'll need our passports to visit

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Even a super dry forest looks pretty until someone drops a cig or a horse shoe sparks against a rock.

Then it's 6 weeks of :supaburn:

But ya the actual coasts might be OK because out there abnormally dry is still just this side of drowning from taking a deep breath.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

etalian posted:

Fort McMurry survived, only 10% of the buildings got destroyed in the wildfire:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36253444

It's kind of like when the media covers OMG HUGE RIOTS/PROTESTS!
*is in fact a small handful of loons surrounded by hundreds of "reporters"

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Perspective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Cartouche posted:

Is Canada made out of literal newspaper, deadwood and matchsticks? Does Alberta go straight from snow to inferno?

The gently caress is wrong with your country?

• Locked thread