Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Robot
May 20, 2001
Universally hated.
Grimey Drawer
Hi all,

I'm a complete house newbie (screwed in some wood panels, painted a bit, replaced a light switch, installed a Nest) who is now trying to deal with his first plumbing problem. I've got a toilet that won't stop flushing - here's a picture of the inside. Note that the rubber stopper at the bottom of the line isn't flush with the bottom of the bowl) (it's angled up) . I know nothing. Where do I start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Robot
May 20, 2001
Universally hated.
Grimey Drawer
I just asked my lender for $1k off of a $4k closing costs refi (2.75%, 15y) based on a competing loan offer. Wish me luck! Even if I don't get it, it still pays for itself in 10 months...

Evil Robot fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 26, 2020

Evil Robot
May 20, 2001
Universally hated.
Grimey Drawer
Hot water had been intermittent for weeks. Tankless gas Noritz hot water heater finally breaks yesterday with a flashing status light. This is of course my luck going back to work after a week off for Thanksgiving where I could've tried to fix it myself, so I hire a guy instead. Guy comes out to fix it, flushes it, turns it off and back on again and it works.

Am I an idiot? Are hot water heaters supposed to fix themselves if you turn them off and back on again? What is this world coming to? The guy took pity on me at least and left me the hot water remote control so I can at least diagnose the status code if it happens again. $150 well spent for future hot showers, I guess.

Evil Robot
May 20, 2001
Universally hated.
Grimey Drawer
Hot water heater dead again today. Error code 760. Time for a replacement control board?

Evil Robot
May 20, 2001
Universally hated.
Grimey Drawer
Hello thread,

What kind of wood finish is this? I've got some termite holes to fill with putty / scratches to use a marker on. Any thoughts?

(other than "crappy and left by the previous owner", yes I already know :))

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Robot
May 20, 2001
Universally hated.
Grimey Drawer
The sound of doom: whooshing in the walls with no water going.

There's a hot water leak in a wall/ceiling/slab. Getting the guy with the thermal camera to come look but fingers crossed we're not opening up *all* the walls/floors.