Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Is there consensus on whether or not the Bosch 800 dishwasher is worth the price increase over the 300?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Perfect, thanks both.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

I have an idea, let’s put a gas line into our kitchen so we can replace the 40 year old electric cooktop. Oh what’s that there’s multiple gas leaks in the existing piping? Ah yes let’s just replace it all.

Do. Never. Buy.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Also you can try calling all the local retailers if you live in a big-ish city. We were able to find a single Bosch 800 in LA by calling every single store listed on their site.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Has anyone here used one of those custom made to order blinds sites like SelectBlinds or can recommend a company?

I had no idea blinds were so incredibly expensive. I've gotten a single quote so far and for 8 windows with roman fabric shades it came out to $4100 from one company. And about $2000 if I ordered online.

In my mind blinds dont seem like something that would be that hard to install but maybe I'm missing something.

We just got black out cordless blinds for my kid’s room on SelectBlinds and they are totally fine. Measured the windows, put the sizes in, and the fit is perfect. I get the impression most of the Blind websites are all pretty much the same.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Democratic Pirate posted:

6 of my 7 sprinkler zones are working. Time to call my guy for another round of ‘time and not messing with easy electrical work are more valuable than money’

In my experience I’ve found spending money on sprinkler issues to be the best money spent. Parts are cheap, the problems are usually quick to fix, and I don’t have to spend hours on YouTube figuring out what could be broken.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Democratic Pirate posted:

Following up on this, it was 100% the right call the get a guy to come out. The problem was a station wire that snapped when we pulled some dead bushes out of the side of the house. His hefty wire tracer sourced the break in 30 seconds, then he only needed a few minutes to dig it out, splice the wire back together, replace the soil and river rocks, and validate the station was back online. It would have taken me hours of time and substantially more effort/digging/money spent on tools to replicate the fix.

That’s amazing, glad it worked out for ya!

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

We just had NuCore installed in our garage on top of concrete and no complaints so far. Feels good under our feet and 400 sq ft was installed in about 3 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Motronic posted:

Also, do you want to self-install? Something like Simplisafe probably covers that. I have Abode but they seem to be falling apart as a company so I'm not sure it would be a good recommendation.

I had been considering an Abode system, mainly bc of HomeKit compatibility but didn’t realize things were going downhill. What’s the deal with them currently?