Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Top revan team: revan, GMY, jolee, bastila, GK/hermit yoda. GK is better for defense, hyoda better for offense/raids

GK, jka and ahsoka tano are useful for padme teams

I just switch Obi-Wan for Joliee then. At least for now. I don't have Padme yet, as by CIS team blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

I just switch Obi-Wan for Joliee then. At least for now. I don't have Padme yet, as by CIS team blows.

Jolee is definitely the best in slot there, he wants as much hp as possible with a decent amount of speed, so g12 asap and hp triangle, circle and cross and it will do wonders for your revan team

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I tried out the team in some stuff, and it worked out pretty well. Will certainly work better once i get the GL up higher.

Do you think they're too tied up creating content for Rise of Skywalker that they couldn't make Mandolorian stuff?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Give me IG-11 or give me death at the hands of my self destruct protocol

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I tried out the team in some stuff, and it worked out pretty well. Will certainly work better once i get the GL up higher.

Do you think they're too tied up creating content for Rise of Skywalker that they couldn't make Mandolorian stuff?

No, I think they're running on a skeleton crew and most of the RoS content we're about to get is just stuff from the first 2 movies that we never got.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

That and they probably wanted to see if it’d be a success before committing resources to it. Remember the couple of failed cartoon shows they didn’t do anything for either. They’ll probably have a cross promotion something for season 2. It’s not like bounty hunters are in a tough spot right now for low hanging rework fruit anyway.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chilichimp posted:

No, I think they're running on a skeleton crew and most of the RoS content we're about to get is just stuff from the first 2 movies that we never got.

That's kind of butt, and a lot of that will probably be gated by new currency or missions with characters no one has leveled.

To get Hux, you'll need... Lobot? The hell?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

That's kind of butt, and a lot of that will probably be gated by new currency or missions with characters no one has leveled.

To get Hux, you'll need... Lobot? The hell?

One day the faith shall be rewarded...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Actually we'll probably need Holdo and Rose.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

One day visas marr is gonna be needed for something and we'll all feel pretty foolish

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

HebrewMagic posted:

One day visas marr is gonna be needed for something and we'll all feel pretty foolish

she would be good if she got some tags

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

she would be good if she got some tags

One day out of the blue they add the KOTOR2 player character and boost visas for kicks

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Is Discord down?

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

MichiganCubbie posted:

Is Discord down?

Apparently, yeah. Status page says they're working on it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Some stuff showing Hux and the Sith Trooper
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.sta...--aiI4PTjnfyBR8

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So...did I miss some announcement that all legendary events are currently available, or is there a bug making this true? From their character screens, when I check to see where the character shards are available, I can currently access and play the events for 3PO, Padme, and Darth Revan (none of whom I have at 7 stars yet), but I don't see them on the Events screen.

edit: Checked reddit, and yeah, apparently this is part of the Journey Guide update. I missed the part about it letting you play any character event you want. Is this going to last long?

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 11, 2019

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

So...did I miss some announcement that all legendary events are currently available, or is there a bug making this true? From their character screens, when I check to see where the character shards are available, I can currently access and play the events for 3PO, Padme, and Darth Revan (none of whom I have at 7 stars yet), but I don't see them on the Events screen.

edit: Checked reddit, and yeah, apparently this is part of the Journey Guide update. I missed the part about it letting you play any character event you want. Is this going to last long?

It is forever.

The only events not included are Darth Malak and General Skywalker, which will be added at a later date, and possible Future Events, which will launch as limited time things, come back once or twice for a limited time, and then be added to the journey guide as well.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

It is forever.

The only events not included are Darth Malak and General Skywalker, which will be added at a later date, and possible Future Events, which will launch as limited time things, come back once or twice for a limited time, and then be added to the journey guide as well.

This is crazy. What a time to be a new player (not me, who has been playing for over 3 years).

I'm not even mad, it's just crazy that the "When will I get another chance?" character wait is largely over.

Now, to actually get my teams jacked enough to beat the drat things.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Right, no longer are we able to blame not having our dream teams on shifting whims of the machine. It's now on you. Go get your ewoks swole, get that gold roboboy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Once i've gotten the Sith Revan team ready to go, Ewoks is what i'm going to focus on. Though I'd really like Malak or General Anakin as well.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Once i've gotten the Sith Revan team ready to go, Ewoks is what i'm going to focus on. Though I'd really like Malak or General Anakin as well.

You need 3PO to unlock GAS.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chilichimp posted:

You need 3PO to unlock GAS.

Oh that's right, well, its just reaffirms my goal of leveling Ewoks up.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I finally got Candorus to 7*, so i need another Cantina to farm. I'm debating between Emilia Clarke and the Robot from Solo. Unless there is some amazing character only found in the Cantina I should farm. Please note I have the FO Executioner maxed out.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
GBA or ARC Trooper, probably GBA as he turns Geonosians from useless cockroaches to a top tier team, whereas ARC trooper is not critical for making Clones a top tier team.
Additionally, Geonosians are easy to farm both the characters and their ships, so with little effort you have a full meta team + 3 good ships.
Clones on the other hand are long rear end farms both the characters and the ships.

Neither Emilia Clarke nor the robot are particularly good any more, and they never really were THAT good when they were new.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

twistedmentat posted:

I finally got Candorus to 7*, so i need another Cantina to farm. I'm debating between Emilia Clarke and the Robot from Solo. Unless there is some amazing character only found in the Cantina I should farm. Please note I have the FO Executioner maxed out.

Emilia Clarke from Solo is useful for a scoundrel team, because she's the only scoundrel with a leader ability. But beyond that, it depends on who you have. Can you post your swgoh.gg page?

Personally I just use the Cantina to farm relic materials now.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Ineptitude is dead right about GBA. He's your best bet.

Also, come back to Discord! QGJ is revitalized and we want as many people communicating as possible.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Yeah gba is great. Get it and relic it asap

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MichiganCubbie posted:

Ineptitude is dead right about GBA. He's your best bet.

Also, come back to Discord! QGJ is revitalized and we want as many people communicating as possible.

Oh sure! It was just so quiet in there I just kind of forgot to check in.

I dont have any other geonosisns at a decent level so I don't know if gbs is a good use of my time.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

Oh sure! It was just so quiet in there I just kind of forgot to check in.

I dont have any other geonosisns at a decent level so I don't know if gbs is a good use of my time.

It really is. Get gba, spy and sun fac up and you have a great 3s team, poggle is a super easy farm/gear and the it's just geo soldier left which isn't bad. Gba can also be used in a drevan team instead of SiT. Multi useful

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I tried looking at your geonosians on discord but it seems you haven’t linked your ally code in the bot yet?

Hoesntly it doesn’t matter much that your geos are lagging behind. Going for the whole team is worth it though they absolutely need GBA to get started. GBA is probably the most influencial leader in the game, taking geos from solid poo poo tier to top tier.

Working on geonosians gets you a top tier team and 3 good ships for minimal investment (just a single zeta, and they are all easy to farm)

Going for QiRa gets you a b-tier team that is at best a GAC nuisance and at worst only used for that scoundrel event, and to get it up to speed you need several zetas. Not only that, but to farm the team you are looking at 2 long cantina farms (qira and l3) a hardmode farm (vandor) and a guild coin farm (yolo) and a hard ship farm (ylando or nest) and the only thing you get out of this effort is a bunch of has-beens (nest is still great but also better used in a different team in GAC or TW)

I literally only use QiRa for the scoundrel event and she is g9 and unmodded, nest and rhan carries that event.

Edit: forgot to mention that geos are needed not once, not twice, but THREE times in darkside geo TB, while scoundrels are not needed for either ls tb.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 20, 2019

Twoflower
May 4, 2006

But what is the Internet? Is it a computer with the Internet inside?
Started back up with this, seems like good timing with legendary events being always on. Either guild have any space?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Twoflower posted:

Started back up with this, seems like good timing with legendary events being always on. Either guild have any space?

Hop on discord and get in to QGJ

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Anyone who has been playing this game and isn't on Discord, come join us! We have top tier characters you can mooch and start farming with, and we promise to try really hard to not scare you away with memes.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Hi all, not going to be able to log in much for the next month. If I can not be kicked from QGJ, that would be awesome, but if not, c'est le vie. Sorry I don't log into discord ever. I have a super stressful job that requires me to interact with people all day, so I'm usually done talking to folks by the time I get home.

VVV thank you!

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 25, 2020

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I'll keep eyes on your seat, make sure you don't get thrown out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What kind of GL do you need to beat the later Darth Revan nodes? The Sith Marauders in I think the 3rd last wreck my team, instakilling everyone with their saber throws, and they always open with that.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
I got everyone up to GL10 with zetas before I made my way past that level.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

So, uh...is the Darth Malak event ever coming back? It's one of the very few that you can't do whenever you want, and I've been ready for quite some time with a great team to get him, and a great team to use him with, and I'm just sitting here with nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jesus In A Can posted:

I got everyone up to GL10 with zetas before I made my way past that level.

I have everyone zeta'd, so yea working on the GL seems to be the only path forward. This is annoying as I've been trying to get Kylon Ren up so he can get an artifact so I can start on the Supreme Leader Kylo Ren thing.