Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I have two very active rl friends waiting for a spot if it opens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

I have two very active rl friends waiting for a spot if it opens

Get'em in Roccinate.

Cactus posted:

The Rocinante has 5 spots open so ally me or post your ally code if you want an invite.

Me: 561-766-648

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
So, I think I've come up with a new OP P3 HAAT comp, but it's only for the whaliest of the whales, and does require zeta Thrawn.
zVader, zThrawn, Deathtrooper, Krennic, Shoretrooper.
You want everyone as fast as possible, except Thrawn. He can even be left at G8, you just want him super slow. Use Shore's taunt when the big gun gets close to a turn. Fracture the Rocket Trooper with Thrawn as soon as Thrawn gets a turn. Use everyone's aoes to burn down the extra minions.
It's possible this comp will need Tarkin and/or Jyn to keep Rocket trooper from getting a turn, but he'll be taking 50% to remove 25%, plus, anytime an empire unit uses a special, they gain 15 (or 30% TM), and he and Thrawn lose 15% TM.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo

Chirpatine, STH, Sun Fac, Thrawn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkWu92w-TRk&feature=youtu.be

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Get'em in Roccinate.

They wanted to join a guild with me. If we have other people ill tell them to hold off

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

They wanted to join a guild with me. If we have other people ill tell them to hold off

I think SM and QGJ are goon-only, man, afaik.

Can the QGJ leads weigh in here?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I think SM and QGJ are goon-only, man, afaik.

Can the QGJ leads weigh in here?

I mean, so far, SM/IGD has been, but if we ever run out of people to bring in, I wouldn't say no to RL friends.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Get'em in Roccinate.

3 spots left!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I was given the ok for qgj.. Sent their ally codes in discord

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
What's a good first character from the galatic war store?

fishtobaskets posted:

RNGesus

E: QGJ has a spot open if anybody wants it. They made room for ghetto prince who weirdly left the guild almost immediately

I thought my level was way too low so I went to Roccinate. :downsrim:

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
So is Thrawn good enough that we should be seven starring Phoenix? Or is P3 his only real usefulness?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ghetto Prince posted:

What's a good first character from the galatic war store?

Luminara to 5* (to help with GW), Biggs, Phasma (in that order).

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Ghetto Prince posted:

For future reference: the only thing that really matters to guild leadership is using 600 energy daily. Being low level only means you can't benefit from raid rewards right away.

If you're getting your 600 energy (easy to do if you get the free refreshes), you can come back to QGJ if you want.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

So, I think I've come up with a new OP P3 HAAT comp, but it's only for the whaliest of the whales, and does require zeta Thrawn.
zVader, zThrawn, Deathtrooper, Krennic, Shoretrooper.
You want everyone as fast as possible, except Thrawn. He can even be left at G8, you just want him super slow. Use Shore's taunt when the big gun gets close to a turn. Fracture the Rocket Trooper with Thrawn as soon as Thrawn gets a turn. Use everyone's aoes to burn down the extra minions.
It's possible this comp will need Tarkin and/or Jyn to keep Rocket trooper from getting a turn, but he'll be taking 50% to remove 25%, plus, anytime an empire unit uses a special, they gain 15 (or 30% TM), and he and Thrawn lose 15% TM.

https://youtu.be/TDJUDrLG1Sg

That was fast.

(zThrawn lead, Krennic, Shorty, Tarkin, Jyn for a full solo.)

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Cactus posted:

The Rocinante has 5 spots open so ally me or post your ally code if you want an invite.

Me: 561-766-648

I've just added you, would love to steal one of the last spots!

edit - I could also use a few allies if anyone can help: 764 248 473

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 19, 2017

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

invite sent

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Got baby's first zeta today. A new Zylo has been born!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm running Zader (L), EP, TFP, Shore, and Kylo all at 7*g11.

Should I drop my next zeta on Zylo, or start the long trudge over to a zR2 team? About to activate GK but the rest of my light side characters aren't arena-level.

And don't give me guff about running Empire these days. I'm on a 2015 shard and barely hanging on to the top 100.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Zylo is never a bad invest, so yes you can go there if you want to. But you should consider switching to something else if you don't have Thrawn to be honest... R2 is not difficult to gear, but if you don't have resistance or jedi to back him up, it's not really great

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
I'm in a December 2015 shard and I still use zylo in my arena team, can net top 10 if I'm around at payout he is well worth investing in (rex, chaze, DN, zylo). I'm probably going to go for r2 next he'll be zeta #10, its great being in a ship arena team where everyone is in a different timezone than you net the top spot nearly every day.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I just unlocked Thrawn with a 5*, g6, 1 and 2 pip mod Phoenix team [Hera(L), Kanan, Ezra, Zeb, Chopper.] I just made sure that there was protection values on the mods so all the different protection up abilities could be used. I was kind of expecting the big gently caress you on the 5* challenge, but thankfully CG didn't do that. Yay Thrawn, I suppose.

VVV In retrospect, they're not but I thought that CG would make that node more difficult. Also, I have lots of cheapy bin mods lying around.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 20, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

I just unlocked Thrawn with a 5*, g6, 1 and 2 pip mod Phoenix team [Hera(L), Kanan, Ezra, Zeb, Chopper.] I just made sure that there was protection values on the mods so all the different protection up abilities could be used. I was kind of expecting the big gently caress you on the 5* challenge, but thankfully CG didn't do that. Yay Thrawn, I suppose.

The mods weren't necessary, honestly.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I went over some basic Thrawn fight tips in discord that should probably go here too.

quote:

Use Zeb's special to dispel the Deathtrooper's potency buff.
Ezra should usually call Kanan to assist because it feeds him protection.
Hera should always call Zeb because he gets bonus potency and applies daze on basic. When Zeb hits someone with daze stagger or expose, he stuns them. (Ezra should call Zeb when Kanan is fractured or if it's a chance to stun Thrawn before his turn.
If all of heras stuff is on CD use her basic on Thrawn to expose him to set up a stun from Zeb.
Zeb should roam between targets just stunning whoever he can.
Have chopper taunt when kanan's is down to take some pressure off.
Use Ezra's 'dispel' on every CD even if no one has a buff t does a ton of damage and gives him a bunch of ™ back.
Use backup plan on Kanan because he will die.

Kill order is Deathtrooper taunter healers Thrawn.

You should honestly be able to clear the three waves using almost nothing but basics. (Maybe Hera/Zeb/Ezra specials for more damage) and come out with basically full protection.
They all hit like wet noodles for a reason. You can't auto but if you target select smartly it's real easy.
(Where by smartly: Hera attacks high hp, Zeb hits rebuffed people to stun them, Ezra tries to kill people, Kanan just tries to spread offense down as much as possible.)

Max Kanan's unique. Then max all the others. Shared uniques own.

Mod priority is Potency for Hera and Zeb, speed for chop and Ezra, prot/health for Kanan. Slow Kanan is great, but adds RNG because you'll need him at high TM entering the last round or you could be hosed.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

The mods weren't necessary, honestly.

I didn't need them for the 5* fight, but definitely for the 6* fight.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ugh, I need 5 more Sabine shards to 5 star her, and be able to try to get Thrawn on the last day of the event. But I'm out of crystals for refreshing the hard battle that grants them, and nothing else is offering them at the moment. I'm standing by with enough currency in both the Guild store and Fleet store, in case they show up in either spot. But c'mon game, I'm almost there!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Ugh, I need 5 more Sabine shards to 5 star her, and be able to try to get Thrawn on the last day of the event. But I'm out of crystals for refreshing the hard battle that grants them, and nothing else is offering them at the moment. I'm standing by with enough currency in both the Guild store and Fleet store, in case they show up in either spot. But c'mon game, I'm almost there!

Why the hell are you counting on sabine for this?

She's the slowest grind of all 6, did you ignore one of the others or something?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Why the hell are you counting on sabine for this?

She's the slowest grind of all 6, did you ignore one of the others or something?

Chopper has been a far slower grind for me, considering I can only get them from Cantina battle currency, and even using all my cantina energy every day, and dropping 400 currency on him, I'm no where near close enough.

With Sabine, I had the hard battle, and Guild store every once in a while.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Chopper has been a far slower grind for me, considering I can only get them from Cantina battle currency, and even using all my cantina energy every day, and dropping 400 currency on him, I'm no where near close enough.

With Sabine, I had the hard battle, and Guild store every once in a while.

Yeah, I'm refreshing 2+ times/day.

Shoulda been buying those instead of refreshing Sabines node.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I'm refreshing 2+ times/day.

That would cost way more crystals than I have, 200 per day, when I'm already using my regular energy refresh of 50 crystals as many times as they allow. Maybe I should have stopped using that when gearing up the Phoenix squad and used the crystals on cantina energy refreshes to get Chopper instead. But alas, too late for that.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Last call, I'm abandoning my alt. If you're low level and haven't spend money on this game, this is a pretty decent option. I came out 5 chopper shards short of getting Thrawn, so that sucks, but on the plus side, Phoenix squad is almost ready to compete in arena.

This is a pretty competitive arena shard, so I've only been able to maintain top 100, sometimes reaching into top 50, but I think that with a really good Phoenix squad (G8), you could start to push in further. Mine are G6/G7 right now.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

What ever happened to the idea of Veers-led Empire troop squads?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

Gear requirements and lackluster performance.

Also, there's not a terribly large number of people with a 7* veers, stormtrooper, snowtrooper etc.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

tadashi posted:

Troopers got marginally better, but still suck...I mean, they're still on my list to work on (esp. Deathtrooper), but Veers is an awful farm for so little payoff. Plus, I'd rather run Krennic (L), DT, Snow, Shore, Storm if I'm going to try to do some kind of Trooper synergy.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
They probably work great at low levels, if you by some miracle pull Shore from your free chromium and Veers from bronzium, you can become king of your shard, if only temporarily.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I think Mal was seeing a bunch of veers leads on his alt shard because it was a new shard and veers was the character of the month, so all the lowbies had him as one of their first unlocks

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

I think Mal was seeing a bunch of veers leads on his alt shard because it was a new shard and veers was the character of the month, so all the lowbies had him as one of their first unlocks

Nah, I just had a ton of whales on that server, and Veers + Troopers were purchasable from the store.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Yay for GK day. Splat had to ruin things, but folks who haven't missed an IGD/SM raid should have GK unlocked now. Nice work everyone!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

thrawn527 posted:

Shard shop for the last 5 shards?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Jerkface posted:

Shard shop for the last 5 shards?

Guild store put 5 shards for her up last night, so I was able to 5 star her just in time...to get my rear end handed to me by Thrawn. (First 3 rounds went fine, 4th round where you actually face Thrawn was a god drat bloodbath.) Oh well, I'll train up my squad for next time he's available, and it's not like he'd be super usable at only 5 stars anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010
Any space in QGJ (or any active goon guidl)? I easily hit 600 tickets a day, even if I'm a bit low to contribute meaningfully to raids at level 63.

Ally code is 441-565-342