Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Dr. Venture posted:

I decided to be a sucker and buy a Chromium 8 pack. Last time they gave me Ugnaught and Grand Moff Tarkin, so I probably should have learned my lesson:

3* Cad Bane, 3* Sun Fac, aaaand Snowtrooper who turned into 7 shards. Also enough shards to unlock 2* Kit Fisto and 2* Mob Enforcer.

I'm excited about Cad, Sun, and Kit and I know I'll need to buy more packs to promote them higher; but are they any good once promoted?

Edit: Hot drat, I just got Ahsoka Tano from a Bronzium pack! She turned into 15 shards. :)

Cad Bane is one of the worst guys in the game, Kit can be good but yea you need to blow 4 figures to get him there, and Sun is new so not tons of info but looks like he will be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
All DS battles 3*d at level 76 :smug:

Nightsisters own.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Will be sad to see the double GW cash bonanza end.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Found a bearable non Barriss GW strategy... Ben leader, daka, hrs, Lumi, DPS. Daka is my only first string character, anyone else can die and I don't have to restart. Gets through the first 6-8 nodes, then swap in replacement-upgrades, ending with RG.

Ben leader with hrs generate a ton or extra attacks, stuns and ability block and dodge chance mean you don't need 3 healers or 5 Jedi. Kill DPS then sidious then supports.

Gear X Greedo is amazing. Get your DPS to gear X asap for sick protection.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

So a Bariss led team with Lumi, QGJ, Dakka, and RG is doing really well for me. I was playing with it in GW and it just refused to ever get below 50% health. I'm trying it in arena and so far same thing.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo! Looks like raid-only gear shards are now in the raid shop. Might be worth saving up for some of those instead of trying for the new characters. Rey shards remain a high priority, of course

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Jenny Angel posted:

Oh poo poo! Looks like raid-only gear shards are now in the raid shop. Might be worth saving up for some of those instead of trying for the new characters. Rey shards remain a high priority, of course

Oh great! Looks like the Mk 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens Salvage is just 3,300 coins for 10.

I need 250 of them, so that's..... 82,500 guild coins in total.

Awesome.

:suicide:

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Ugh I only have one 5*+ tank and it's a level 70 6* chewbacca. Gotta work on my taunt tanks.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
From what you guys are saying about high level Galactic War, it sounds like I should enjoy myself while I can (I'm level 65). The key seems to be having a good B Team but I guess that can be expensive to maintain.

Yes I meet Sid in every battle, and yes he loving SUCKS. He's the perfect counter to my Jedi heal team. I feel like he's just a little overpowered, like maybe his dodge is too high or his healing immunity lasts too long. It's another reason why I love my IG-86 - he can usually gently caress Sids poo poo up.

This game really needs some sith-killers to counter Sid, Vader, Doku etc. Maybe a new droid like R2-D2 can be an anti-sith healer debuff-remover type.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I long for the days when Sid was my worst problem in GW:(

Wait until you face the unholy trinity of Dooku, RG and Rey :(

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
The switch dodged sid's aoe attack on rancor. Worst devs.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

cowofwar posted:

The switch dodged sid's aoe attack on rancor. Worst devs.

Hahaha

I think to make up for the Sid dominance in the earlier stages of the game they've intentionally made him bad from 70+ on

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Yeah, I think they said they fixed the door switch dodge, but I guess it's back now...or...something. It dodged an attack.

I've been thinking forever that there should be two Jedis with anti-Sith abilities: Anakin and Jedi Luke (whenever he's added as playable). Think about it, before Anakin became Sith, he regularly beat Ventress (although usually had to save someone instead of capturing her) and he beats (and kills) Dooku. He would've brought down the Emperor, except he became Vader instead. Jedi Knight Luke is eventually able to beat Vader in a lightsaber battle, which is probably the first lightsaber battle Vader has EVER lost.

Here's how I think it should work: Sith advantages are reversed. If the Emperor attacks Anakin/Luke, they get +35% dodge. Vader can't dodge their basic or resist their debuffs.

Also, raid strategy, I just ran QGJ, Phasma, Poggle, Resistance Pilot, and Barriss, and they landed 250k. This isn't my highest damage squad (that award goes to TM manipulation ewoks -- despite dealing no damage per hit), but it did an impressive amount of damage. If you have GS, he's way better than RP, and while any healer can go in the Barriss spot, she's best, especially because she can "heal" over the immune debuff, which makes it a lot easier to stay above 50%. Anyways, once he gets down to the turn where he's going to eat someone, I use Poggle's Off up, blow up the door, get attacks in, use Phasma's advantage (I know they already have guaranteed crit -- this is more for 50% TM), get more attacks in, and then get whatever attacks in before he eats someone. Then I go until right before he eats the next person -- if the switch is up at this point, I repeat (to my best ability -- down one at this point). If the switch is not quite up, I try to evac my best guys.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

If Sid didn't feel op against a 5 Jedi heal squad he would be pointless. That's exactly why he exists.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Poggle with phasma and barriss is a complete waste, you would do more damage with a third (50% more than 2!) DPS.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I bitched about it in the other thread.

Ya'll started an finished a raid after I fell asleep and before I woke up.

I was super shocked we were getting that good, but also... WTF, BRO!?!!?

I'll work on this. Let's just set a rule that we don't start a raid between 1pm and 1am Pacific time -- this way everyone will have at least 12 hours to get attacks in before a reset.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Mine resets at 4am and I have to happen to wake up pretty early to get a second attempt in.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

KingOfTheTramps posted:

Oh great! Looks like the Mk 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens Salvage is just 3,300 coins for 10.

I need 250 of them, so that's..... 82,500 guild coins in total.

Awesome.

:suicide:

Yeah, I kind of hope I get bored of the game before I reach the point where I actually need those. I feel like shifting so many items to the guild store is their version of gently caress You, Pay Me.

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

Malgrin posted:

I'll work on this. Let's just set a rule that we don't start a raid between 1pm and 1am Pacific time -- this way everyone will have at least 12 hours to get attacks in before a reset.

Hey, on the topic of guild stuff, did you ever hear back more about IGD getting more from the devs because of the downtime? I really feel like we got shafted.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Does Rancor switch count as a droid for anti-droid heroes?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

tadashi posted:

Yeah, I kind of hope I get bored of the game before I reach the point where I actually need those. I feel like shifting so many items to the guild store is their version of gently caress You, Pay Me.

yea except these were never anywhere else, and you can't really buy your way to these items as you need unbuyable guild coins. It's a gate, pure and simple. A giant, thick, carbonite gate

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

hngkong posted:

Hey, on the topic of guild stuff, did you ever hear back more about IGD getting more from the devs because of the downtime? I really feel like we got shafted.

Yeah, we got shafted. I'm going to reach out to Jesse again today, and then post our story on Reddit tomorrow (if I don't get a reasonable response).

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Malgrin posted:

Jedi Knight Luke is eventually able to beat Vader in a lightsaber battle, which is probably the first lightsaber battle Vader has EVER lost.

Since becoming Vader he's fought about three lightsaber battles in total, so that's not as impressive as it sounds. He's even 1:1 against Luke.

When (if) we do get Jedi Luke I imagine he'll be close to impossible for the average player to attain anyway, like new Han.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, we got shafted. I'm going to reach out to Jesse again today, and then post our story on Reddit tomorrow (if I don't get a reasonable response).

Do you think it will help? I mean, they are not obliged to give any compensation at all.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Vulpes posted:

Since becoming Vader he's fought about three lightsaber battles in total, so that's not as impressive as it sounds. He's even 1:1 against Luke.

When (if) we do get Jedi Luke I imagine he'll be close to impossible for the average player to attain anyway, like new Han.

Are you forgetting about the part where he hunted down leftover Jedi?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Purge

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Malgrin posted:

Are you forgetting about the part where he hunted down leftover Jedi?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Purge

Didn't realise that was still canon. Fair enough! Pity he's such a chump in-game.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Vulpes posted:

Didn't realise that was still canon. Fair enough! Pity he's such a chump in-game.

Hmm, actually, on further reading, it's unclear how many Jedi survived the purge in canon. However, this game doesn't fully exist in canon, so it doesn't matter (not all of the characters used in this game are canon).

I'm at 2 million gold (had more from GW, spent it on Eeth). I currently have Phasma at 170/85 (this will be 185/85 -- 7* equivalent -- tomorrow), IG-88 at 85/85 and Asajj at 100/100 (total = 3 mil), so I'm already basically in debt. Tomorrow I will hit 78 (~1.6-2 million to level my arena squad + GW A-list). Additionally, I have JC at 89/100, Rey at 98/100 (WOOOOOO, thanks double shards), and Poe at 88/100 (there's another 3 million gold). Finally, I also have ST Han and Fives at over 65/65...so that's another 500k I could spend, but they're both level 1 G 1, so what's the point? 2 million - 8.5 million = negative 6.5 million gold. That's not including the gold I could spend on leveling 7* (or soon to be 7*) heroes (~10 million).

When we talk about a late game credit crunch, this is what we mean. You have a few heroes hit 7* right around the same time, and you then have to decide who is more important. Rey is getting hers ASAP because arena. JC will get his in about 7 days when Yoda is live, and then Yoda will get his 7*, so that's another million I forgot to factor in.

Back before the level 80 increase, I accidentally purchased credits with crystals (I had saved up like 3k). I'm not even that mad about it, because there are far worse things I could spend crystals on, and you really don't get many credits out of using crystals on energy (if I bought 3 200-crystal Cantina refreshes -- on separate days -- and spent it on level 6 missions, I would get 150k additional credits. Probably a better deal than just buying credits, but that's how little you get in the way of credits for energy).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 5, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Vulpes posted:

One of the things they nail in the new show is that Vader is a slow but powerful badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXoJeLDyVBY
(Vader shows up around the one minute mark)

I would actually highly recommend both shows to anyone interested in seeing lightsaber fights and learning who half the characters in this game are.

Also regarding Vader vs Luke, I believe it was mentioned in the RotJ novelization specifically that Vader had essentially already lost once he started feeling compassion towards Luke and that his wavering faith in the Dark Side weakened him pretty considerably. Which is why the emperor was pushing so hard for him to either turn Luke or kill him.

I don't know if there is a large enough :goonsay: for this post.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Disco De Soto posted:

Yes I meet Sid in every battle, and yes he loving SUCKS. He's the perfect counter to my Jedi heal team. I feel like he's just a little overpowered, like maybe his dodge is too high or his healing immunity lasts too long. It's another reason why I love my IG-86 - he can usually gently caress Sids poo poo up.

The good news is you'll see him less and less as you keep on leveling, since he falls off hard and eventually becomes pretty drat weak except as a specific counter to the exact squad you're describing. Thus less people want to go all in on hard countering that one team comp, thus you'll have an easier time of it

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Also, raid strategy, I just ran QGJ, Phasma, Poggle, Resistance Pilot, and Barriss, and they landed 250k. This isn't my highest damage squad (that award goes to TM manipulation ewoks -- despite dealing no damage per hit), but it did an impressive amount of damage. If you have GS, he's way better than RP, and while any healer can go in the Barriss spot, she's best, especially because she can "heal" over the immune debuff, which makes it a lot easier to stay above 50%. Anyways, once he gets down to the turn where he's going to eat someone, I use Poggle's Off up, blow up the door, get attacks in, use Phasma's advantage (I know they already have guaranteed crit -- this is more for 50% TM), get more attacks in, and then get whatever attacks in before he eats someone. Then I go until right before he eats the next person -- if the switch is up at this point, I repeat (to my best ability -- down one at this point). If the switch is not quite up, I try to evac my best guys.

I run a similar squad and get a similar result.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

New light side droid character: Rancor Door Switch. Its sole attack is to drop a giant door on the enemy team.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Whales are picking up. 1-2 levels above me. That's a lot.

Irony is that whaling in this game doesn't get you very far.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I got in basically ground-floor on a fresh shard (just hit 60), and the whales are hilariously obvious. Just about everyone in the top #50 are regular F2P (or mostly F2P) players like me, have mostly 5*/6* and the occasional 7*, mostly G7/G8 - a nice even playing field. Then there's the guy with 7* Grievous and just about every other character at least 5*, including 7* Leia and 6* Wedge.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

New patch out today: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/37211/game-update-android-devices-5-5-2016#latest

Sounds like it'll make raids easier, leader skills now work on subsequent attempts and the door panels turn meter doesn't get reset between attempts. Also some protection regenerates between raid phases if you have at least some left.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Even whales aren't unbeatable:

That's gear X Ben, GS, and Rey, and gear 9 QGJ and RG.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Jibo posted:

I would actually highly recommend both shows to anyone interested in seeing lightsaber fights and learning who half the characters in this game are.

None of the folks in this clip except for Vader are in the game, right? But it's canon enough that we can probably expect them to show up eventually?

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009
Since the Disney purchase, canon is considered to be the seven movies and the animated shows Clone Wars and Rebels. Which means that HK-47 is the only non-canon character in the game..maybe the Jedi Guardian and Jedi Consular since they are from KOTOR as well, but they are pretty generic.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

What is your arena team?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Dr. Venture posted:

What is your arena team?

6^ Dooku (L), 6* Rey, 6* Daka, 5* RG, 7* QGJ. Everyone but Dooku is gear 9. Omega basics on QGJ and Daka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I'm getting bumped in to the 100s every night now so I need a better arena squad. Currently running dooku/lum/poggle/ig86/qgj

Help me pick a better squad:

Poggle
Lum
Barriss
Savage
Eeth
Qgj
Kylo
Sid
Dooku
Ig86
Jc